Start by marking “Strange and Lovely: Paranormal Tales of Thrills and Romance” as Want to Read:
Strange and Lovely: Paranormal Tales of Thrills and Romance

Strange and Lovely: Paranormal Tales of Thrills and Romance

Zombies and vampires and ghosts....oh, my!

From fae assassins to subjugating the dead, Strange and Lovely is a collection of short stories that seamlessly blends spine-tingling chills and swoon-worthy romance.

This young adult paranormal anthology of supernatural creatures from ten talented authors serves up short stories with heart-stopping storytelling that will haunt yo
Paperback, 1st, 316 pages
Published October 4th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Strange and Lovely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange and Lovely

Courtney
Typical for short stories - some good, some not so good. Sadly I ultimately wasn't that keen on most of these, though there were a few (one about a vampire attack, and the desert magic one) that stood out.

Reviews are in the comments, by story.
Jessie
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fun collection of paranormal novellas. Sometimes they were romantic, other times they were simply otherworldly. A few of the stories surprised me by not turning out how I expected them to. If you like paranormal YA, this is the best collection I've read so far.

Content: clean (some kissing, no language, some darker themes (abuse, vampires on a killing spree, demons)
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
Overall this was a really enjoyable book. I received it in the Goodreads giveaway, and it was my first book i got, and it was an awesome experience.
Positives: You got a little bit of everything. All the authors had a different perspective and wrote about different mythical creatures. It was fun not to have to commitment of a long book, but at the same time you lost some of the character development you would have otherwise got. Some of the authors blew me away!!!! How can you make an emotional c
Cheyanne Larinan
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was immensely excited to have been a winner of this book, the very idea of all the possible stories and the many wonderful and creative ideas that were composed with in it made me desperately wish to get a copy. When I was a winner for a copy of the book, I was incredibly excited and even more so when it took only have the delivery time. After reading the book, I was happy to say that each story kept me interested and they all kept me thinking. It didn't matter whether a story held my particul ...more
Carlie
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful read! I read this book after reading C.J. Anaya's Healer series. I have not read a short story collection in quite some time, and this totally kept my attention. There is a different relationship, as it were, in short stories. I felt this collection kept my attention, while totally blowing my mind at the same time.

Excellent read, and very clean! I recommended it to my book club, and we all loved it.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
It amazes me how you can take several authors, have them write a short story, put it in one printed edition and have so many different and creative ideas in one book.

I can't say that there was a single story that I didn't enjoy reading. Each is unique and caught my interest. Some were on the creepy side, and others had romance. There was at least one story for every kind of paranormal reader.
Tonya Helser
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book via goodreads giveaway. I really enjoyed the short stories. This is a fun and thoroughly entertaining book. I love all things paranormal and these stories were humorous as well. I plan to pass this book along to my daughter when she comes of age!
Sami
Oct 22, 2014
Makelle
Feb 26, 2017
M. Marrott
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Susan Broderick
Dec 11, 2016
Scott Roberts
Nov 13, 2014
Cindy
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: paranormal
Sep 25, 2018
Heidi
Nov 06, 2014
C.J. Anaya
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Crazy for Young A...: Read4Review paranormal anthology 1 13 Jan 14, 2015 07:42PM

• Capstone (Cornerstone #4)
  • Witch Rising (Witch Song #2.5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Valentine's Day Collection
  • Violet Dawn (Violet Night, #2)
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Summer Holiday
  • Ragnar's Daughter
  • Winter Wedding Bells
  • XXL-Leseprobe: Silber - Das erste Buch der Träume
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • Fruit of Misfortune (Creatura, #2)
  • Winter
  • Love Unexpected: A Storybook Romance
  • Immortal Beloved (The Knight Trilogy, #2)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: California Dreamin' Collection
  • Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)
  • Moon Matched (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3.5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection
CLEAN ROMANCE FOR TEENS:

*The Jane Austen Diaries*
Pride & Popularity (Aug 2011)
Persuaded (Aug. 2012)
Emmalee (Jan 2013)
Mansfield Ranch (Dec 2013)
Northanger Alibi (Feb. 2012)
Sensible & Sensational (July 2015)
Sand & Sun (2016)