Start by marking “Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)” as Want to Read:
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper

(Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)

Ellie Jordan’s job is to catch and remove unwanted ghosts. Part detective, part paranormal exterminator, Ellie operates out of Savannah, Georgia, one of the oldest and most haunted cities in North America.

When a family contacts her to deal with a disturbing presence in the old mansion they’ve recently purchased, Ellie first believes it to be a typical, by-the-book specter,
Published August 27th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, please sign up.
Alexandra A bit, yeah, but it's very light on the romance aspect. It's definitely not a PNR.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
And they thought they only had to get rid of Mercy ....

I don't care how many ghosts you've encountered-the fear never goes away. I watched the bolt slide and felt myself shiver. A feeling of panic rose in my gut and had to be fought down. It was surreal, like a bad dream, watching that bolt scrape itself open.

Ellie is hired to come to Treadwell House to remove a ghost. Ellie is joined by her new hire, Stacey and later by a psychic, Jacob. Ellie didn't want either one but her boss said so. The
Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Series #1
By: J. L. Bryan
Narrated by: Carla Mercer-Meyer
This is an excellent ghost hunting book! Much better than ghost hunters. Lots of exciting stuff goes on, great characters, and great plot! I was hooked right away! Nothing like listening to a haunted ghost tale at night!
The narration was spot on! Great job! On to buy book 2!
Berit☀️✨
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first audiobook ever that my 14-year-old has wanted to listen to with me ; and I say that any book that attracts a reluctant reader is a fantastic book!

This was the perfect book to get you in that Halloween spirit, just the perfect amount of creep for me.... Ellie was the perfect ghost hunter, and although she and I have very little in common I found her quite relatable; she was a tomboy with a girly side, if that makes any sense? Stacey was fabulous as well, and really just the perf
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I went into this read super leery. Ghosts are one of my most favorite paranormal beings to read about because quite simply, what if?

Having read something else by this author in the past and not loving it, I was worried this would turn into another failed read for me and I just didn't want that. I wanted something fun and creepy. Different and lovable. I guess you could say, I wanted a lot but was expecting very little.

With a setting set in Georgia and ghosts galore, I opened this with trepidatio
ᑭIᑭEᖇ⒤ᗩᗰ
This was a good ol' creepy ghost haunting that I devoured in one night. Ellie and her sidekick Stacey were well written and easy to like. Not once did I check to see how far along I was and for me that is saying something:) On a side note: Ellie is totally misrepresented on the cover. She wouldn't be caught dead in that mistress of the boardroom get up. She wears a leather jacket(helps protect from ghost stabbings) and pants!! She explicitly states she doesn't do girly. Silly silly cover!
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5

First, I have no idea who the girl on the cover is. That is not the main character! Second, the blurb or the first part of it, at least - I do hope they mean the original Ghostbusters since that one was, you know, entertaining.

I always give a break to a book that opens a series. This one didn't really need too much of it anyway. It is written in the first person narrative, but Ellie Jordan has an apprentice of sorts. They are apart only a couple of pages in the book.
Since this is the beginnin
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
First off (and really my only criticism of this book): Why’s it gotta have a girl in a sexy pose on the cover? I actually overlooked this book several times because of that ridiculously cliche cover. Please don’t be fooled by it. The story inside is actually much better than that sad excuse for a typical eye-candy piece would lead you to believe.

I read this book immediately after reading Matheson’s Hell House. Its interesting, because in a lot of ways the two books were opposite sides of the sam
Alexandra
Quite enjoyable. Ending was a nice touch. Well worth the FREE Kindle version :D

6/24/19 1st 3 books free today in set
Christy LoveOfBooks

Well now, color me impressed.

I read The Haunted E-book by JL Bryan years ago and liked it. I don’t even know if that book is available anymore since I don’t see it on Amazon. Anyway, I’ve collected four other books by him over the years, but never got around to reading them. You guessed it, Ghost Trapper is one of them! I’ve heard over and over how good this series is, and finally, I got the urge to jump in.

I’m not sure why, but I had it in my head that this was more YA and would have angsty, an
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)

Ellie Jordan is a ghost trapper and her and Stacey are called on to investigate a mansion haunting by the owners. Thinking it is nothing more than residual haunting, Ellie and Stacy are taken for a spin when they discover that the mansion has many layers and each one is more sinister than the first. Now they are facing something truly evil and must rely on each other if they want to survive catching this thing.

"Naturally, zipping out to a dark, long-abandoned loony bin on a likely wild goose
Diane ~Firefly~
Not exactly what I was expecting (much spookier) but a good read. Ellie helps remove ghosts from homes they are haunting and has all the necessary ghost busting tools and a new apprentice - Stacey. This new case doesn't seem to be too bad, just a female ghost who says "leave". Of course, nothing is ever simple.

It was interesting to learn about the history of the residence and the people who had been there. Ellie is really more like a genealogy detective as she needs to research people and places
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author J.L. Bryan, and Megg Jensen.)

This was a creepy ghost story, and it reminded me a bit of the TV show ‘Supernatural’.

I liked the characters in this book, I did think Ellie was maybe a little crazy for wanting to hunt down ghosts for a living, but once she explained why she did it, it seemed more noble than nuts! Stacey was certainly enthusiastic, and Jacob the psychic seemed fairly genuine
Neil
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have had this book downloaded for a while, but the cover illustration always made me think it was just another YA Buffy type book. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got round to reading it. It is well thought out and well written, and given the subject matter the characters are quite believable. There is even a plausible explanation as to why Ellie decided to become a ghost trapper.
Ellie Jordan is working for Eckhardt Investigations, as part investigator and part ghost buster. She fin
Carmen Blankenship
Fun! I really enjoyed this book. Sometimes you just need a good Ghost Story. Despite the cover (Which looks like this would be a tween book) and the Title (again, tweeny sounding) the book was decidedly not juvenile. No, it is no John Saul or early Dean Koontz kinda of creepy but it was creepy enough.

I loved both Stacy and Ellie and the ghost was sufficiently spooky. This book had everything a good ghost tale has...

* Old House that no one lives in long - CHECK!
* Wife and Child who see the ghos
Krystal
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
If you want a ghost story that isn't cheesy and will actually make you a bit jumpy in the night after reading, this would be it! At least for me, and i'm not the jumpy kind. I mean the Exorcist didn't even scare me, seriously.

The ghosts in this book are pure evil. Trust me when I say this is not a pathetic attempt of the author's to make this novel seem scary, it is, actually it's terrifying, it's truly disturbing.

I think I will be a new fan of J.L Bryan's books, I can't wait to check out the ot
Tracy
I originally got this book as a freebie from Amazon, it might always be free but I am not sure. Anyways, this is EXACTLY what a free book that is first in a series should be. The book was so good, didn't end on a cliffhanger and STILL made me want to read the rest of the series. Hear that all you authors giving the first book in your series away for free? This is what you want to strive for!
The author did an amazing job with the descriptive details in the story. I could visualize everything so
Heidi
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars: A creepy, realistic ghostly tale.

Ellie and Stacey arrive at the old mansion. Ellie and Stacey are ghosts hunters and they have been called out to investigate a haunting by the new owners. At first, Ellie believes it to be a relatively simple case of a ghostly haunting, but she soon finds out that there are far more sinister and foul things residing in the house. With Stacey's help, Ellie intends to flush out the ghosts once and for all, but little does she know, she is up against a p
Theresa
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book certainly brought spooky and creepy new meaning... I enjoyed this book immensely, and found myself definitely needing to keep the lights on while I indulged in this ghostly mystery... The mix of historical and paranormal facts along with some intense action sequences kept my attention engaged and my emotions on edge... Ellie Jordan is a unique and interesting character with her hard edges, soft heart, and intelligent mind... She leads a ragtag paranormal investigative team into the hea ...more
Anca
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, that was a totally enjoyable read :)

This book follows Ellie, a ghost trapper.
Her boss just hired a new girl to the company and Ellie is in charge of training her.
They work the case of a haunted house, bought by a couple who are renovating it to be a hotel, but the wife and the couples daughter experience a lot of weird things...

This story was well written, a little dark and just spooky/creepy enough. The final backstory got just sordid enough for my taste, I like a bit of weirdness this ti
Sionna
This book felt like an unique take. Ellie Jordan doesn't have magical powers, just science to back her up. So, hunting ghosts can be quite difficult.

I really enjoyed reading this book and trying to figure out the mystery behind the deaths and what happened. Ghosts are really interesting in this world and I feel like future novels will only make them more interesting and dangerous. I wasn't always super engaged and wish there was a little more oomph about Ellie -- something to make her a bit mor
Tammie
Ellie Jordan's job is to identify and remove unwanted ghosts. Part detective, part paranormal exterminator, Ellie operates out of Savannah, Georgia, the most haunted city in the United States.

3.5 stars. This is the first book in the Ellie Jordan series and I enjoyed reading this. It was a quick read that was rather creepy; lots of ghosts, and while the ghosts were creepy, the book didn't creep me out as much as I was expecting. I would say this was like Ghost Hunters with maybe a little Ghostb
Mae Clair
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A nice creepy ghost story with detective work tossed in for good measure. Ellie Jordan is a ghost trapper, the head field operative in a team that works at removing unwanted ghosts from homes when they refuse to move on. In this, the first of the series, the reader is introduced to Ellie and the "newbies" on her team...a young enthusiastic videographer and a psychic. All of the characters are fun and engaging, as is the work they do. I will definitely check out more in this series.
Pamela
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A family contacts her boss a out a spirit haunting the mansion they just bought and are renovating to become a bed and breakfast. The female ghost is especially frightening their young daughter and even the wife, but the father is in denial. Ellie and assistant Stacey. Both eventually get the ghost, Mercy
Ami

I admit the creepy stuffs could be creepy. And reading about ghost trappings were kind of fun. BUT there were some boring moments in the middle, in which I skimmed to the story a bit. This feels like one-case kind of books, different ghosts each time, maybe? I see that there are so many books in this series already. Not feeling the pressure to jump and binge the series at this time though...
Amy "the book-bat"
I recognized a lot of the locations from my time in Savannah. I love that my college was mentioned several times. Ellie and Stacey are amazing characters and I hope to read more from this series to get to know them better.
Jeff McIntosh
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I picked up this book as a freebie from amazon.

I enjoyed the book, and Ellie Jordan is a likeable character. The story itself was interesting - Ellie and her firm has been hired to lay the ghost in an old southern mansion being remodeled as a B&B. Ellie captures the ghost - BUT....releases something worse.

Not frightening, but a good read. Buy it.
Laura Thomas
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first thing I noticed about this book was the story takes place in Georgia. It’s supposed to be one of the most haunted cities in the south, steeped in dark stories. It’s the perfect setting.

You’ve read the blurb so you know this is about a haunted house. So I’m going to introduce you to the ghost trappers from Eckhart Investigations instead of telling you what you already know.

Retired Homicide Detective Calvin Eckhart is the owner and boss man. He needed something to do with all of those
Sherry Fundin
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J L Bryan is an eerie tale that had me laughing and cringing as Ellie and Stacey investigate a haunted mansion. It made me think of the movie, The Ghostbusters and the TV show, Ghost Hunters. There are plenty of screams and chills that you will not want to miss.

Ellie had trained her whole life to be a ghost trapper. Now she is a senior investigator for Eckhart Investigations. She has a degree in psychology that comes in handy when assessing the legitimacy of her cl
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hooray for awesome ghost stories. I feel like I’m on a roll finding all these awesome reads for my favorite holiday, Halloween.

Plot: If you love Ghost Hunters (the tv show) then you will love this story. I honestly felt like I was in a mix of Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Witness. These are shows I like to binge watch on Netflix. This story follows Ellie who traps ghost for a living. She visits this really haunted house to only discover that is dealing with something a lot darker than what she su
Melliane
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melliane by: Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Kindlemom always made me want to discover this series. By seeing all her wonderful reviews, I admit that I succumbed and I bought the first volume. Yes, how to resist it?

So here I am, launched into this ghost story! I love ghost stories! This book was then perfect for me! Ellie is a ghost hunter even though it is true that she does not often meet real ones. A new case, however, will make her confront with a terrifying spirit, a being who could hide a case eve

• Half-Boys and Gypsy Girls (Spookshow, #5)
  • Witch Hunt (Hayle Coven #2)
  • Sand Trap (Haunted #3)
  • Rune Gate (Rune Gate Cycle, #1)
  • Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum
  • The Aura (Kate Benedict, #1)
  • Cursed (Voodoo Nights #1)
  • Dissension (Chronicles of the Uprising, #1)
  • Alchemy (Prophecy Breakers #1)
  • Death to the Undead (Life After the Undead #2)
  • Desolace (Desolace, #1)
  • Homecoming (Finn McCoy, #1)
  • Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
  • Shifty Magic (Shifty Magic, #1)
  • Night of the Fae (Ana Martin series, #1)
  • Soul Sisters (Soul Sisters, #1)
  • Silver Mortal (The Gracen Chronicles, #1)
  • Southern Bound (Max Porter, #1)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)
  • Fire Devil (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #11)
“Some people just find denial more attractive than adjusting their beliefs to new information.” 6 likes
“Sweet," Stacey said. "Well, let's go check out the dark basement of the abandoned insane asylum. Nothing could possibly go wrong down there.” 3 likes