Start by marking “Death on the Ocean” as Want to Read:

Death on the Ocean

A story where romance meets crime. Amanda Lipton leads a fairly uneventful life as a teacher. The most she has to worry about is staff room politics and petty quarrels among pupils and colleagues. But everything changes as she wins a million in a TV show!

To escape the stuffy atmosphere at school, Amanda decides to change her life and take a luxury cruise, no expense
Published September 2nd 2014 by CreateSpace (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Death on the Ocean, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
John Ellis I hope that there will be a follow-up to the novel, as it would be interesting to see what happens to Amanda, Daniel and Neil on their September…moreI hope that there will be a follow-up to the novel, as it would be interesting to see what happens to Amanda, Daniel and Neil on their September cruise.(less)

Start your review of Death on the Ocean
Michelle Ryles
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
This was a quick fun read; not too taxing on the grey matter. Sometimes it's nice to relax and read a book without tying your brain in knots trying to work things out too much. That being said, I didn't work out the identity of the murderer on board until almost the big reveal so Martha Fischer succeeded in keeping me in suspense.

Amanda Lipton is a bit of a strange character; I didn't particularly like or dislike her but she just felt a bit flat so she had no overriding qualities to which I
Karen Mace
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun read for me - real escapism and a nice cosy mystery added to the mix along with the romance side of things, so there was always that element of what was going to happen next, and wondering just who to trust! Just like the main character, Amanda, who found herself getting paranoid about people while she was supposed to be having the time of her life!

Amanda has a normal life as a teacher, dealing with the politics of school life, but when she finds herself winning a million on a TV
Jessica
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Quiet, steady Amanda leads a quiet and stress-free life. Her life as a teacher is fulfilling, but not very luxurious or exciting. When she wins the lottery, she is suddenly swimming in cash. Deciding that she earned a little spoiling, she books an all expense paid cruise, but things do not turn out the way she envisioned. She is attracted to two different men, but do they like her for her? Or just for her money? Drawn into the mystery of a missing passenger at sea, a possible murder, Amanda ...more
Tracy
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I chose to read this book because I love Agatha Christie and after reading the blurb I thought it had that kind of feel about it. I was wrong, but I still enjoyed the book. It was a bit kitsch in that I felt it was kind of naff, predictable but something kept me reading. There is no detective work discussed - which was what I was hoping for. It is more of a chick lit than a mystery. Not my cup of tea at all, but something kept me reading. I think I liked the characters - Amanda is endearing, ...more
Katherine Hebert
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery meets romance

My preferred genre to read is romance. I was excited to get started reading this novel because it had an extra mystery element. The story itself was good - the inner dialogue was the best part. The reason I gave it four stars was two part. 1.) I found the main character, Amanda, to be a little much at points. Instead of losing myself in her character, I found myself feeling that she and her actions were a little much. 2.) The mystery itself was kind of easy to solve. I
Rebecca Hock
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I found this book to be only so-so. The main character, Amanda was somewhat annoying. The story itself was just okay. Amanda wins money on a tv show and splurges on a luxury cruise. While on the cruise murders take place and she sets out to investigate. I thought the story was very predictable. There were very few surprises in store. It was a fairly quick read. I would not recommend this book to others.
Rebecca
Whodunnit!

I love a good mystery, and this book was just up my alley! It had all of the great parts of a mystery and was written superbly. I cannot stress enough how much suspense this held me in. I loved the different details it had to help you solve the case and some to throw you off the scent. It is an intriguing story set with a main character who isnt the usual grumpy detective which is really refreshing. Plus some love in there too.
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
What a fun and quirky read this book was.  I whizzed though it! A great mix of characters written with wonderful expression and humour.  Our main character Amanda finds herself on a luxury cruise ship The Belgravia.  Something in her wildest dreams she never thought possible. However whilst exploring the ship and her new found luxury surroundings she manages to find herself the witness to a murder!  Add to that rich, eccentric and mysterious passengers and a sprinkling of a romance (or two!) ...more
Diane T.
Not to my taste. I found the main character, Amanda, so annoying that I wanted to throw something at her. The mystery and love triangle were predictable, bland and boring. All in all, I think I will skip any other books in this series.
Sabrina
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
*** This book was received for free through Goodreads First Reads ***

Unfortunately, DEATH ON THE OCEAN was a complete miss for me. I did not connect with the characters nor did I enjoy the style of writing. It had a premise with potential, but, in my own personal opinion, missed the mark.
Kim
Jan 02, 2015 marked it as to-read
I am very excited and thankful to be a Goodreads winner
Marisa
Dec 24, 2016 marked it as apuntados  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Obermeier
Death on the Ocean

This was a quick read that held me in suspense until almost the end. If you like a story that reads really fast and ends quickly this is for you! Fun book!
Karen Huxtable
Jun 27, 2019
Rosina
Mar 01, 2020
Mairi
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2019
Kathleen S Hambleton
Nov 18, 2016
Norma Barrett
Apr 20, 2016

• Tilt-a-Whirl (John Ceepak Mystery, #1)
  • The Labours of Hercules (Hercule Poirot, #27)
  • The Private Face of Murder (Inspector Borges #2)
  • Eight Perfect Murders
  • This Won't End Well
  • A Murderous Procession (Mistress of the Art of Death, #4)
  • Grass Grows in the Pyrenees (Death in the Pyrenees #2)
  • Elizabeth and Her German Garden
  • Monk's Hood (Chronicles of Brother Cadfael, #3)
  • Crimson Snow: Winter Mysteries
  • The Bluebell Killer (DI Jack Dawes Series #2)
  • Palm Trees in the Pyrenees (Death in the Pyrenees #1)
  • Blooming Rose (Father Frank Book 2)
  • Delayed Death (Temptation in Florence #1)
  • Needlemouse
  • The Small Miracle
  • The Holiday
  • The Greek Island Killer (DI Jack Dawes Series #1)