Start by marking “Claimed by You” as Want to Read:
Claimed by You

Claimed by You

Claimed by You- A Novel

Scarlett Ryan has done everything in her power to move beyond the pain of her past. But sometimes, the past finds a way back into the present....

For Scarlett, leaving home and moving to Maine directly after high school was her only option. Trapped by controlling, manipulative parents, she knew the only way she would ever be free was to leave Californ
Published October 23rd 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Claimed by You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claimed by You

Start your review of Claimed by You
Geri Reads
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This was good but unfortunately, I was looking for more. I wanted more grovel, more dialogue between the two MCs. But it didn't happen, especially the grovel part especially since Westin betrayed her not once but thrice. Yes, you read that correctly. Three times:back when they were in high school, the first time they sort of reconciled and then when Scarlett finally had let him in only to find out that everything was a big sham.

I guess I shouldn't blame Westin since Scarlett didn't give him a ch
Maree Repa
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this romance such a wonderful read. Scarlett left home.when she finished high school. She ended up in Maine after leaving the upset and anger from her most awf parents. She lives with her Aunty and owns and works there with here. After visiting her old home in California for an old friends wedding. After meeting up with her ex Westin Carver she is just so confused about her future. What will happen. Such an exciting read too. I enjoyed this so much!!
Dena
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett Ryan goes “home” to be a bridesmaid for her best friend and plans to only go to the wedding and get the hell out of town. She doesn’t want to run into her parents, whom she ran away from in the first place. Little does she know, she runs into the one man that broke her back in high school. He up and left one day without a word, Scarlett never knew why.

Westin Carver has grown up and looks better than ever and he’s very successful. He refuses to let Scarlett go again. He starts to visit
Marissa
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Copy Win

Scarlett Ryan has moved to Maine from California after her a bad high school relationship gone by and parents that are only out for wealth. Co owning a bakery with her aunt she leads a quiet life despite her parents objections.

Attending a wedding of a friend cause her to cross paths with the guy who broke her heart and left her to go off to college without a goodbye. Ten years of trying to move pass her first love that she has not quite recover to this day.

Westin Carver did not ex
Publication Date: 10/23/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

Scarlett left her hometown on the West Coast as soon as she was of legal age. She went into business with her Aunt they bought a bakery which is doing very well. There are many family demons Scarlett wanted to get away from. But now she finds herself on a plane heading back to California for her best friends wedding.

An old boyfriend actually her only boyfrien
Jill
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Claimed by You was about a girl who needed to make a life for herself. She didn't want her parents to decide her future. Scarlett had been burned before. So her decision to move away from her parents, and the guy that broke her heart, came easy.
All settled in with her Aunt, who was more like a sister, Scarlet finally had a life to call her own. She became a co-owner of a bakery that her and her aunt had opened. She had it all.... Until one quick trip back home for a
Warpedmind
The Cover was nice

It started out a little interesting but slowly it became what I call "a cliche" in the romance story. But I did not like the male role in this story. Westin leaves Scarlett with no word or explanation when they was teens. It starts with her seeing him again at a wedding 10 years later, and he wants to see here again. Scar runs from her family to make a life for her self and she doesn't want anything to do with them or Westin. Westin shows up and he feels untrustworthy and secre
Angel
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved

I adored this book, I loved everything about it how Scarlett left home to get away from her controlling parents especially her father who has played such a huge role in the hurt she has been caused. thankfully she's has her aunt and best friend to get her through it. Westin her teen sweetheart she has loved since she was 16 has turned up and turned her life upside down, this story has love heartbreak and friendship I loved how it was written and I loved the shock I got when she overhears a
Amanda
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett Ryan is someone who is determined to leave her past just where it is...When she attends her best friends wedding back in California she runs into the one person that has taken her years to forget about. Westin took everything from Scarlett ten years ago...so after the chance meeting at the wedding, does Scarlett have it in her to forgive and forget? This book will take you on an amazing love story that will have you in a book hangover! Well worth it..
Gale Albright
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book was so realistic that I felt I knew this couple personally. Love is never perfect and I would like to applaud Ms. Toppen on this incredible book. The fact that she even took the chance to write a book like this really impresses me. I cannot wait to see what else she has written and buy those too!
Alex Gomez
Oct 31, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't like leaving bad reviews......

But the cost of this book warrants it. Sorry to the author I know you put a lot of work into it but it did not warrant the cost for the book. hardly any real dialogue, no serious discussions of their situation just other pointless scenes to fill the pages.
Christina Gobin
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Leanne Michele
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! I really enjoyed this book. The story flowed well and had believable characters. looking forward to reading more from Melissa!!
Destiny Sanderson
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***** Another 5 Star*****

I Could not get enough of this ....this book!! it was easy to fall right into the story and stay stuck there! I loved Scarlett! There were many Shocking moments where I thought something else was going to happen. This book had a great storyline and flow and was written amazingly I would definitely recommend everyone to read it!
Vfc
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Heroine too forgiving...
Madehoney
Aug 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
this girl doesn't have any spine, so stupid
LeeAnne
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Scarlett is living her dream – she was able to leave her hometown and her crappy parents to move across the country and open a bakery with her Aunt. Her bestfriend from back home in California is making her be maid of honor in her wedding and insists she fly home. Scarlett makes it to the wedding with minutes to spare and immediately runs into her past – exboyfriend (only boyfriend) Westin Carver. Westin left Scarlett the night after taking her virginity and even after 10 years Scarlett hasn’t f ...more
Alisha Cole
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I l.o.v.e.d....this book!! it was easy to fall right into the story and stay stuck there! I loved Scarlett ! There was many Shocking moments where I thought something else was going to happen. This book had a great story line and flow and was written amazingly I would definitely recommend everyone to read it! Melissa WRITES LIKE A BEAST! Can't wait to read more of her books!
Kimberly
I won this in a Facebook party.

This book had a good story and great characters but it seems like it was the same thing over and over in the whole book. It finally got good at the end, then the epilogue was really good and then it was over! The epilogue should of been half way through the book and went from there, it would have been better.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Claimed by You is a stand alone book by Melissa Toppen. Love a great second chance romance book without a cliffhanger.....it truly doesn't get any better than that!! This storyline was solid and well thought out. The characters had history, chemistry and lots of emotion. Looking forward to more books by this author!!
April Johnson
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!What an amazing love story. Yes it took 10yrs for them to get back together thanks to your controlling dad. I loved Scarlett and Westin love story. Loved how Melissa took this couple and split them apart and all of a sudden bring them back together. Thanks Melissa. I couldn't put it down
Stephanie
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I like the concept of this book. It's nice but I feel like their is something missing. I feel like she letting the past kept coming up instead of living in the moment
Jillian
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sad

I really wanted to like this book!The female character annoyed the crap out of me,only good thing was the twist towards the end.
Kathryn
Sep 30, 2014 rated it liked it
This book lacked a lot for me. I really wanted to like it but there was never any deep insight or conversation. Just ok.
Staci
Dec 01, 2014
Elizabeth
Mar 13, 2016
Pam Gonzales
Jan 05, 2016
Pearl QueenOfDisaster
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2016

• Daddy To Be: A Billionaire's Baby Romance
  • The Perfect Gift
  • Next Door Daddy
  • Last Chance
  • First Time: Penny (By the Numbers #1.5)
  • Happenstance 3 (Happenstance, #3)
  • Happenstance (Happenstance, #1)
  • Happenstance 2 (Happenstance, #2)
  • Playboy Pilot
Melissa Toppen is a USA Today Bestselling Author who specializes in New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.
Melissa resides in Cincinnati Ohio with her husband and two children, where she writes full time.

Connect