Start by marking “When Love Happens (Ribbon Ridge, #3)” as Want to Read:
When Love Happens (Ribbon Ridge, #3)

When Love Happens

(Ribbon Ridge #3)

Tori Archer is married…well, on paper anyway. She hasn’t actually seen her husband since the disastrous morning after their impulsive Vegas wedding. The memories of their intense passion may still make her weak in the knees, but Tori knows their marriage was a mistake.

Published May 26th 2015 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about When Love Happens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Love Happens

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
When Love Happens is book #3 in Darcy Burke's Ribbon Ridge small town contemporary romance series. Like the previous installments, When Love Happens is sometimes funny, definitely steamy, and has that underlying poignancy of a family trying to understand and heal after one of the siblings, Alex, commits suicide.

All of the stories in this series are very good, and just keep getting better. This time it's Tori Archer's turn to find her happily ever after, or more appropriately said, reclaim it.

T
Tonyalee
Find this review and more on my blog, After Hours at Lilybloombooks

What's happened a lot this year, is that I pick up a book in the middle of series and have this uncontrollable urge to start the series over. And I am happy to add the Ribbon Ridge series to that list!

When Love Happens focuses on Tori and Sean. After a quick Vegas wedding, these two have spent months apart due to a tragedy that rocked Tori and her family. Sean is determined to "win" her back and when the opportunity comes up for
Tracey Parker
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So we are back with the Archer family. Come to find out that Tori is married, but hasn't seen him in months. She has it in her mind that a divorce would be best since they got married the night before Alex killed himself and the memories are too hard to deal with. Sean is an amazing man who has always tried to do the right thing, but he knows this marriage can't work by himself. Thanks to his job he is forced back into Tori's life. As you can imagine things don't go smoothly. As they try to figu ...more
Crystal
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I have been out of the romance game for awhile now and honestly I was a little scared to jump back in. My tastes have drastically changed in the last few months and romance just hasn't interested me, but When Love Happens is a perfect example of what an author can do for a reader. Darcy Burke has renewed my faith in romance and shown me what I have been missing!

Tori and Sean engaged in a whirlwind 5 week romance that ended in a quickie wedding in Vegas. That same night though tragedy struck and
Isha Coleman
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
ARC REVIEW: WHEN LOVE HAPPENS (RIBBON RIDGE SERIES-BOOK 3) BY DARCY BURKE

My Review

When Love Happens by Darcy BurkeMy rating: 5 of 5 star
I had so much fun with this story. When Love Happens is a little more light-hearted than then the first three books in the series. Sean and Tori were hilarious. After a quickie marriage, Sean and Tori go their separate ways too deal with life events. He to finish work on a film, her to deal with the unexpected death of her brother. Tori realizing the marriag
Ruthie Taylor
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

This is the fourth story based in Ribbon Ridge. The stories do follow on, but you could read this as a standalone and enjoy it - but why miss out on the other stories. They do give some background to other siblings in the Archer family.

It is a really moving read - and I found it very difficult to stop reading once I had started. The story flows from the side of both the leads, Sean and Tori. The level of misunderstanding is f
Sandy S
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it

3.75 stars---

About the book: Release Date May 26, 2015

After six months filming abroad, television producer Sean Hennessy wants nothing more than to track down his sexy, captivating wife and get her into bed… fast. So when his boss
Nancy Stopper
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
When Love Happens is another emotional installment in the Ribbon Ridge series. The author invites the reader back to Ribbon Ridge, where Tori is hiding a big secret from her family - her marriage to TV producer Sean Hennessy. I really enjoyed how the author brings Sean back into Tori's life. I could feel Tori's discomfort when Sean arrives and it was clear she and Sean weren't on the same page with regards to their relationship.

I love Sean. The author did a fantastic job of "making him British".
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss-arcs
A quickie marriage and family tragedy are the backdrop to this fun and emotional romance. Tori Archer met and married Sean Hennessy in a whirlwind romance, one fit for the movies and just as quickly everything came to a halt when she left to go deal with a family tragedy and he had to go on an extended work trip. Fast forward to eight months later and Sean is back for his wife, but also his job is on the line unless he can get her family to agree to film a TV special. What Sean wants gets tangle ...more
Danielle
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the first book I read in this series and I enjoyed it. I liked the family and how they were all supportive of one another. When you first meet Sean you can tell he isn't over his wife and wants to make it work. Then you meet tori and she is living a guilty and yet in a way she cares for Sean and doesn't want to show it.

I was laughing when tori sets out to do operation divorce me. I think that might have been the best part of the book. I loved how Sean figured it out and tried to throw i
⚜️Trea
I've enjoyed most of the books in this series, but this book really made me wish we had half star ratings here on Goodreads, because I felt it only deserved 2.5 stars!

I really hated Tori as a heroine. She had to keep everything a deep dark secret, even though she was battling survivor's guilt after her brother committed suicide. She also treated her new husband very unfairly in the wake of said brother's death, then didn't even want to give her marriage a try!

Sean was also a bit of a problem, be
Sharrice
I received a copy of When Love Happens for an honest review.

Sean just got back from a terrible film trip and now is forced back into work to face his sort of wife. They haven't seen each other for eight months and now Sean's job is to get the inside scoop as to what happened to her family. Tori has been in a slump since Sean left and her brother died. She never expected to see him again, but now he's back and what drew them together in the first place is drawing them back together.

I enjoyed a bi
Nate Brightman
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
To be honest I had some trouble getting into this book because early on neither the heroine Tori Archer nor the hero Sean Hennesey were all that appealing to me. I was familiar with Tori of course from the previous two books where as one of the sextuplets she played a secondary role. It doesn't come out until her story that the reason she seemed so cool and aloof was the grief and guilt she felt over Alex's suicide. Sean whom she unfortunately married the night before Alex killed himself also di ...more
Juanita Martinez
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Darcy Burke has written another Great Book in "The Ribbon Ridge Series"
Sean & Tori's Story is Absolutely Wonderful.
As Tori still struggles with the death of her brother Alex, nobody in her Family knows what is truly going on in Tori's life save her working at her regular job in San Francisco & at the Families Project Alex had set up with his Trust Fund in Ribbon Ridge.

Sean a Television Producer comes to Ribbon Ridge & throws Tori off kilter. When he spots her at an Octoberfest.

Wil
Cecly Ann
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel took me a while to get into, but as the plot for Operation Divorce Me rolled out, I finally got into Tori and Sean's story. I enjoy reading series, but I moreso enjoy episodic writing and this series, although nice and one of the very first series I started reading at the begining of 2018, is not turning out to be what I expected. It is a well written, tightly plotted series that I'm enjoying. So happy that Sean and Tori finally realised the important aspects of a relationship.
Sara
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Really a 3.5. This one is a little darker than the previous in the series but life has obstacles, so so should a book. Love that there is a British addition in this one!
Donna Morrison
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok first off I am going to go ahead and tell you that you will not like Tori for most of this book. She pushed every button I had while reading this book. I wanted to reach through the book and strangle her. Which is why I only gave it four and a half stars. If I can't like both of the main characters, I can't give it a full five-star review. Now, on the other hand I will say I loved Sean. He was so kind and took a lot of crap from Tori and he was more patient than I would have been.

Tori and Sea
Angela Withrow TheArdentReader
Tori Archer seems to have her stuff together. She has a great job, she is beautiful but humble, and she has a great family. Her brother's sudden suicide has hit her very hard, but she thinks if she can keep focused on work and the family's new venture called "The Alex", she can get through it.
Tori does not realize she has shut her feelings away and also shut out her loved ones. One person, in particular, feels her cold brush off. Her Husband Sean Hennessy. She married a man she barely knew and t
Kris
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
When Love Happens is the third book in the Ribbon Ridge Series about the Archer Family of Ribbon Ridge, OR. As the first set of surviving sextuplets, the seven Archer children were featured on a popular television show. As adults, they are successful in their own right: owners of the local inn and brewery, world class chefs, event planners, etc. While there is certainly a lot of back story, this novel can be a standalone. The author does a beautiful job of catching new readers up to speed with o ...more
Kim
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Originally posted at http://kimheniadis.com

If you’ve read any of my past reviews on Darcy Burke’s Ribbon Ridge series, then you know I’ve really enjoyed the books. And while I like this one, it had the one thing in romance novels that really drives me bonkers. The “I love you but we can’t be together/ but we should be together/but we can’t be together” plot. And it wasn’t with just the main female character, Tori Archer, but with her love interest/husband, Sean Hennessay.

There was a bit of that
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tori Archer is a member of the famed Archer Sextuplets family, and is quite use to always being in the spotlight, which makes it quite surprising she's managed to keep her little secret a secret this long. After meeting English television producer Sean Hennessy, and dating for only five weeks, they decide to throw caution to the wind and get married in Vegas. The next day Tori finds out about her brothers death and is devastated, she retreats to Ribbon Ridge to be with her family and leaves her ...more
Books and Spoons
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This was the first book I have read of the series, and I fell in love with the Archer family. The unique bond they have, the love and support they give to each other, and how they call on any stupidity and apathy from each other. The family is in despair, one of their own, Alex, had killed himself. I think the suicide aspect was dealt well in the book. The different ways the family members dealt with the pain, loss and sorrow was evident.
Tori didn't deal with the loss of her brother that well. S
Gaele
Tori and Sean had chemistry that nearly short-circuited my eReader! That chemistry had the two in a whirlwind romance culminating with a quickie wedding in Las Vegas. But, the tragic death of her brother has Tori running from her marriage and new husband as she wallows in guilt and regret.

Sean had to return to Europe for a work commitment that keeps him away from Tori, but he’s not willing to give up on their marriage. When the opportunity to produce a reality show that involves Tori and the re
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nerdgirlofficial
*I was provided this book by the publisher for an honest review.

When Love Happens is the 3rd book in the Ribbon Ridge Contemporary Romance Series by Darcy Burke and was told that it doesn't need to be read in order. It is a standalone series with steam potential!! And it is STEAMY!!

This is one of those series that focus on one person of the family in each of novel and this one focuses on Tori ARCHER who married Sean impulsively and then were separated due to a family issue and because of his jo
Elizabeth
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

AMAZING!!!! Ribbon Ridge is quickly becoming my ALL time favorite series!!!! The Archer family is so real to me. I love them so much I wish they would adopt me. Darcy has such an amazing talent to tell such a wonderful story that connects you!

Darcy is a story telling genius!!! There is quite simply no other way to say this, Darcy Burke's stories make my heart feel good. I come away from her stories feeling suc
Cheryl
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tori is not a warm and fuzzy heroine, let's be clear. Yes, she and her family have suffered a tragedy. Wait, that's not a spoiler! You can read this book without reading the previous two full length books, plus a novella...but to get the full effect, read them in order.
Okay, back to Tori. She's a shadow of her former self. She's hiding out in her home town and her parent's house. And she's married...for almost a year now...but no one knows. Just her "husband", Sean and her. Oh, and Sean's in tow
Cathy
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
"When Love Happens" is the story of Tori and Sean. They met, had a whirlwind romance, fell in love and got married very quickly. But due to Sean's work schedule and a family tragedy, they are now further apart then two people ever could be. I absolutely adored Sean. He's hardworking, kind, patient, loving and determined - he loves Tori and will fight for her and their marriage. Oh, and he's English, too, so I could hear his accent in my head whenever he spoke. Tori, I had a harder time liking he ...more
Elizabeth Wright
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really wasn't sure I was going to like this one going in, but wow did I love it!

Tori Archer has made what she believes to be the biggest mistake of her life. Her hasty marriage to sexy Brit Sean takes place the night before her brother's suicide. To make matters worse, she missed a call from him in the early morning hours and blames herself and by extension Sean for not being able to save him.

Sean is head over heels in love with Tori, but after taking a job overseas for 6 months right after A
Jimnlori
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Darcy Burke's Ribbon Ridge Series! Tori seemed to have it all going for her a job that she was successful at, a family that loved and supported her and a husband that she thought she loved and wanted to spend the rest of her life with if only the guilt would go away that she has carried around since her brother's death. Now she wasn't sure that any of her life choices mattered or if she even wanted them including her husband.
Sean was finished with his job that had kept him away from his
Book Reading Gals
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
Thoughts: This is my first book by Burke and while I had some issues with the story overall I liked it.

On the surface the concept of this book is really good and had me wanting to read it.

I loved Sean and Tori's big family.

Tori however drove me insane for the entire book. Like bat s%$t crazy. Don't get me wrong I get grief, especially the kind that Tori is going through, and maybe that is why I had a hard time connecting with her. The way that she treated Sean made her so unlikable I wanted him

• Taming the Country Star (Hometown Heroes, #1)
  • Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch (Valentine Valley, #6)
  • Runaway Cowboy (Rodeo #3.5)
  • Her Highland Fling (Second Sons, #2.5)
  • Mixing Temptation (Second Shot, #3)
  • A Better Man (Sunshine Creek Vineyard, #1)
  • Revenge Best Served Hot (Men of the Zodiac, #6)
  • Racing the Hunter's Moon (Under the Hood, #3)
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)
  • Decadent (Big Sky Pie #4)
  • Brushing Off the Boss (Half Moon Bay, #2)
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • Put Up Your Duke (Dukes Behaving Badly, #2)
  • Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)
  • Her Secret, His Surprise
  • You Own Me
  • The Wedding Gift (Save the Date, #3.5)
  • A Return Engagement
Darcy Burke is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy, emotional historical and contemporary romance. Darcy wrote her first book at age 11, a happily ever after about a swan addicted to magic and the female swan who loved him, with exceedingly poor illustrations. Join her Reader Club at http://www.darcyburke.com/readerclub.

A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her guit

Ribbon Ridge (6 books)
  • Only In My Dreams (Ribbon Ridge, #1)
  • Yours to Hold (Ribbon Ridge, #2)
  • The Idea of You (Ribbon Ridge, #4)
  • When We Kiss (Ribbon Ridge, #5)
  • You're Still the One (Ribbon Ridge, #6)