Start by marking “The Shore Thing (Gulf Shore #1)” as Want to Read:
The Shore Thing (Gulf Shore #1)

The Shore Thing (Gulf Shore #1)

Once bitten and twice shy about workplace romances, Florida aquarium employees Dani Davidson and Evan Sanders are determined to resist their mutual attraction. A baby dolphin and a stingray encounter help bring them together, but will a bitter ex-lover, Dani’s inhibitions, and Evan’s career aspirations tear them apart? Find out in Annette Mardis’ great new romance, The Sho ...more
Published September 1st 2014 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about The Shore Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shore Thing

Crystal
I am a huge fan of books that include animals in the storyline and I adore series books. Annette Mardis has done a fabulous job with the Gulf Shore Series of including animals (some of these scenes will induce the awe factor) and writing a fun series with characters that instantly became new friends to me.

Dani Davidson is one of those characters that I found an instant bond with. Dani is just a touch shy, independent lady with a job that she really enjoys.

Evan Sanders is a handsome guy that is
Carol Cassada
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I liked most about this book is how the setting is an aquarium in Florida.

This is the first time I’ve read a book, where the story takes place at a sea aquarium so I thought the setting was nice and different. Reading about the animals and the characters’ love for them made you feel like you wanted to be right there with them. I loved how the author explores the subject of animals in captivity and the way she had the characters talk about the topic was well-written.

Dani is an employee at th
Charity Chimni
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Shore Thing was a slow burning romance filled with lots of different characters and sub plots. I really enjoyed the educational aspect around the aquarium. Evan is the ideal gentleman who has already been burned. In comes the sweet Dani to turn his world upside down. They both learn and grow so much throughout the book. They encounter speed bumps along the way and always find their way back together. I look forward to seeing what comes from the rest of the series! A great read especially for ...more
Katherine Horvath
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Shore Thing: was an excellent love story! I loved how it involved the ups and downs of working around an aquarium, the lives of the animals and workers that loved their jobs. It was well written! It was sad and happy story! I loved it! The animals stole my heart!
M.L. Sawyer
Nov 01, 2016
Annette Mardis
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rosanna Leo
Karan Eleni
May 15, 2016
Rosanna Leo
Jan 11, 2017
Liquid Silver Books: The Shore Thing, Gulf Shore Book 1 by Annette Mardis 2 3 Sep 01, 2014 01:50PM

Annette Mardis writes the kind of contemporary romance novels that she loves to read. Her characters are the type of people you’ve worked with or lived next door to, and the plots are filled with the dramas, disappointments, joys, passions, and humor of everyday life.

Her Gulf Shore series will transport you to a fictional coastal Florida town where you’ll taste salt on your skin and feel sugary w