Start by marking “Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1)

(Magic, New Mexico #1)

Lacey Adams lives in the small town of Magic, New Mexico, where she devotes herself to the animals at her Touch of Magic Animal Shelter. Frost is a Star Ranger. He travels the star systems, bringing intergalactic fugitives to justice. Now, he is in a race to find the fugitive before those on the planet known as Earth discover there are not one, but two aliens on their worl ...more
ebook
Published August 7th 2014 by Lulu.com (first published July 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Touch of Frost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch of Frost

Start your review of Touch of Frost (Magic, New Mexico, #1)
Trish R.
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

I first read this book August 29, 2014 and I absolutely loved it. I’ve often thought of reading it again, THEN I ran across it on audible and that settled it. I bought the audio and sat down to enjoy it again. I’ve never really been into alien books, which is strange since I love alien movies. But when I ran across this one in 2014 I decided to give it a chance, and I’m so glad I did. It was sooo magical.

I love, love, loved Topper. When she first showed up, in the first few pages, she had
Gail Koger
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, fast read. I loved her turning the hero into a bunny rabbit.
Malinda
4 stars

I found this story to be very enjoyable. I liked both Lacey and Frost and liked their story very much.

Lacey owns an animal shelter in the town of Magic, New Mexico. The whole town in made up of "unusual people" and Lacey is one of those with her magical abilities. Lacey was married to a man she grew up with but he died 3 years ago and she's been alone since.

Frost is an alien (with ice powers) that works as a Star Ranger, aka an interplanetary policeman/bounty hunter. Frost has been in th
Crysa James
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful! Another great by S.E.Smith. A complicated, entertaining and engrossing read. Looking forward to more in this series.
Tracy T.
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun book! (audible review)

This book was so much fun to listen too. I really liked the alien and the magic going on here. This town was awesome, I want to live there.

I liked all the characters, Lacey was hilarious! I liked that the witches didn't have to get scrying mirror and a bunch of herbs and 3 drops of blood to turn someone into a toad or something. It was great.

I liked Frost too. He was strong, handsome and could wield some ice. LOL
The chemistry between Lacey and Frost was pretty i
Pamela
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, reviewed, sci-fi
Talk about a quick, simple, fluffy romance that I found enjoyable. Not only is this a sci-fi romance, it's a paranormal one in every sense of the word. In order to enjoy this, you have to suspend all sense of belief, which I did. (view spoiler) ...more
Denise
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-it
So glad I got this book. It was so good. Loved the storyline. Highly recommend this author. I really hope it turns into another series. Please can we have a follow on with Lacey's two sisters, Sam and Joanna. That would be great.
Heather
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal meets Science Fiction Romance.

Lacey is a witch living in a small town full of paranormal residents. Frost, a Glacian, is a Star Ranger tracking down a lizard like criminal and finds himself in Magic. Frost is going to have to break the rules if he wants to keep Lacey. I like Lacey and Frost and many of the other people from Magic but Jonah & Joseph steal the show!

I'm very curious to know who the Director in Black is. I also wonder what happened with Agent Maxwell.

I'm not sure if or
Lara
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2014
This was an entertaining scifi romance where an interstellar bounty hunter goes after a particularly nasty criminal on a backwater world we know as Earth. however, he ends up in a New Mexico town full of supernaturals and people who do magic. Some of the challenges seemed to be easy for the heroine to overcome, except I guess she was unused to having to defend herself and others to such a degree. The story was easy and light, despite some sad events, and full of some great characters who will be ...more
Victoria
4.5 Stars. Loving this author. Another great start to a new series!
Angela
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I little different from the rest, but really really good SE Smith books get better and better have read them all now and enjoyed them all
Claudia
WOW, another great story from Susan. Obviously I couldn't put down my reader until I finished the story. I love the new magical world and I look forward for more.
Angela Charles
So S.E. Smith is one of my all-time favorite writers. There's just something about a writing that pulls you in and never lets go. Also David Brenin he's a phenomenal narrator.

I have been hesitant to start the series because Susan stated that this book takes place on Earth. I love all her sci-fi books and since this book only has magic and is based on Earth I don't know what to think. I enjoy a good Sci-Fi romance book and the fact that this book is strictly based on Earth made me a bit weary. B
Holly
I found this book while browsing the Audible Romance Package for scifi. The blurb is a bit misleading in that I expected a straight-up alien kidnapping story, but got something else.

Star Ranger (aka intergalactic Bounty Hunter) Frost is ready to retire to help his brother run a business on their home planet when he's given one last assignment; Find escaped convict Taar and bring him back - dead or alive. Taar has stolen a transport and ended up on a primitive planet called Earth. Frost is determ
Susan Otto
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic story about a town called Magic, New Mexico

What's fantastic about Magic, New Mexico? Magic, New Mexico is a small town where the inhabitants can be them selves with the magic spell true helps normal people from realizing the true inhabitants of the town. Frost is a alien Stzr Ranger from the planet Glacier lands on Earth to capture Taar (a lizard crossed with tyranisus rex) criminal who likes to eat everything in sight, including people. Lacey is a widow and a powerful witch who runs a
Art (aka Whistler Reads)
We are introduced to the "world" of Magic, New Mexico, constructed using "world-builder lite", throwing in elements of SciFi (aliens from space) and Magic (portals opened to other worlds in our/other dimensions), and populated by mythical beings (witches, warlocks, werewolves, vampires, elves, gnomes, and yes, even gorgons and fire breathing dragons) and various hybrids thereof. The town was founded as "a protected place where you can be whoever/whatever you are without hiding", as soon as Europ ...more
CI
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too much, just too much. A town full of every mythical and magical being ever thought of - vampires, werewolves, witches, dragons, active ghosts and more. Think of a superhero power and they have it. Teleportation, speaking to the dead, control over the weather, healing abilities, all forms of magical spells.

I prefer my stories to stick to one or two types of paranormal and even then there should be some basic rules. Twin boys who can talk to each other telepathically, ok. Who are werewolf / va
Silver James
I was between audio books and looking for something to while away my time away from the computer so I dipped into my Audible Romance subscription. I've read a few other books by S.E. Smith and the description of this one caught my eye. Frost, a Star Ranger, embarks on his last mission--to retrieve a galatic criminal under a death sentence. Too bad the villain is headed to Earth. When they land near the town of Magic, New Mexico, neither Frost nor Tar are prepared for the "welcoming" committee.

M
JodyL
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frost is an alien and a Star Ranger. His job is to arrest or eliminate criminals from his planet. An assassin that he had already caught escaped and was enroute to Earth. So he traveled to Earth to kill the assassin before the "primitive" planet discovers that aliens are real.
Lacey runs a shelter for abused and abandoned animals. Her husband died three years before and she has vowed to never love again. Oh, and she is a witch. The entire town of Magic, New Mexico is full of paranormal-type creat
Elaine Kirby
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magical!

This book was very good & to me very fast-paced as I read it in a matter of hours.

Lacey, lost her husband (who was a troll in the real sense) to a bus accident & even though he's a spirit he's been trying to find someone for her & he did.

Frost, is a Star Ranger who landed on Earth & near Magic, New Mexico as he was on a trail to find an escaped prisoner from his world when he meets Lacey.

This book has an evil scientist, lots of sex scenes, lots of magical beings & more people from Frost'
Jamoz23
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can never go wrong with a book by this author. Laugh out loud occurrences happen.
Magic New Mexico is just that, a place where lots of different paranormals live, including talking animals and ghosts. This of course gives rise to lots of humour and comedy due to the actions of these residents as magic abounds.
Humour, silliness and magic abound in this story. Add in super hunky alien ranger that comes to earth to apprehend a nasty alien, horrible government agents, evil scientists and you get
Read THS with CydneyKaye
Jenn

This had really fun elements of magic in it... but the whole "massively superior alien race" versus evil scientist who easily conquers said alien multiple times with knock-out drugs... ehhh...
And then the whole vivisection thing... And ya know, being in the medical profession, that's totally not how you would study an alien race... tissue samples, MRI, EKG, echo, ultrasounds... not just straight up vivsection...
This just wasn't my bag... even a magic-filled HFN couldn't save it
Lynn Smith
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touch of Frost

If you like paranormal, you have to read this book. Aliens, were-vamps, witches and many more abound in Magic New Mexico. Frost a star ranger from another Galaxy lands on earth hunting a fugitive. He never thought he would find his true mate. Lacey never wanted to move on after the death of her husband but Frost awoke something in her. But first they had to survive.
Humor, suspense and lots of romance.
Tamye Whitener
Great beginning to a new series!

I couldn't put this book down. From beginning to end I was entranced. I want to be a resident of Magic, New Mexico. The town's population are varied and unique. The characters are great. I look forward to seeing a good amount of them getting their own book. Frost and Lacey's chemistry is off the charts.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a outstanding paranormal romance.
Jul 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Frost chases a fugitive all the way to Lacey's front door. But then really gets out of hand they go back and forth saving each other. I thought book 2 in this series was really cute...this one was not. I thought there were way too many characters and it was trying too hard to be funny. I just really didn't enjoy it.
Penny Lisle
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of this world!!! Literally, a star ranger lands on earth and happens to end up in a place called Magic! This is a town where all who are magic or different as in mystical creatures live here and have made it home for generations. The sheriff transforms into a dragon and there are trolls and witches. The witches is where it all begins. Frost was sent to capture a criminal who escaped prison from another planet. What Frost did not expect to find was a human woman (witch) who is his soulmate. T ...more
margaret richards
Somewhat disappointing

Having read many other books by SE Smith, I was disappointed by this one. The story was short and the characters quite sketchy and under developed. Not one of her best for me.
Dawn Carey
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touch of Frost

Smith is an amazing author . Her books and characters draw you into worlds that are unique and intriguing. Wonderful storytelling with lots of action and adventure with plenty of laughs to go with it.
Pet
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the romance, adored the characters, and absolutely want to emigrate to the world. The only thing I didn’t like was his brothers actions they were unforgivable and I can’t imagine any way cold blooded murder would ever be ok.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Etched In Stone (Magic, New Mexico, #4)
  • Loved in Space
  • Autumn's Kiss (Kiss Series, #2)
  • Daughter of the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #3)
  • Alien King Crashes the Wedding (Lumerian Knights #1)
  • Nightshade Magic (Magic, New Mexico Book 5)
  • Touch of Madness (Magic, New Mexico Kindle Worlds Novella)
  • Rescued by her Alien Protector (Warriors of the Lathar #11)
  • My Kind of Town
  • Kozav (Dragons of Preor, #3)
  • Kirall's Kiss (Kiss Series, #1)
  • A Touch of Fate (Magic, New Mexico Kindle Worlds Novella; Fated For Curves Book 1)
  • Cathian (The Vorge Crew, #1)
  • Raff (The Vorge Crew, #4)
  • York (The Vorge Crew, #3)
  • Loving Phoenix (Magic, New Mexico Kindle Worlds Novella)
  • A Touch of Prudence (Magic, New Mexico)
  • Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Magic, New Mexico (3 books)
  • Taking on Tory (Magic, New Mexico, #2)
  • Alexandru's Kiss (Magic, New Mexico #3)

News & Interviews