Start by marking “Tall, Dark and Paranormal” as Want to Read:
Tall, Dark and Paranormal

Tall, Dark and Paranormal

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  105 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
CRESCENT MOON - From New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Lori Handeland

SPELLBOUND by New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Opal Carew, writing as Amber Carew

FOREVER FREED by New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Laura Kaye

SINS OF THE FLESH by New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Caridad Pineiro

SPELL BOUND by New York Times and USA
ebook
Published September 2014

To ask other readers questions about Tall, Dark and Paranormal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tall, Dark and Paranormal

Avonna
Jul 25, 2015 Avonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the best paranormal romance anthology I have read. Almost all of the stories rated 4 stars, if not close to 5 with only 2 that I gave 3 stars. I would definitely continue reading many of these new to me authors' series.
Linda
Sep 04, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, paranormal
I've read Asmodeus, Demon of Lust, by Sara Humphreys and it was AWESOME!! The devils of the underworld are on full alert! The ring that can control demons has been missing for centuries. This is the story of Kai, a beautiful fae wearing the ring that controls all demons, and Asmodeus, who has found Kai in Bliss, Idaho while on his mission to retrieve the ring. One small caveat to his quest: the ring must be given willingly and cannot be forcibly taken. There's another snag... Asmodeus cares for ...more
Michelle
Sep 27, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2014, anthology
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

Review of Spell bound by Stephanie Julian

Spell Bound by Stephanie Julian takes readers on a whole magical journey where magical races, evil and curses exists. In this suspenseful paranormal, readers are kept on their toes as Shea tries to save and protect her younger brother, Leo from evil. As Shea goes out of her way to save Leo, she has to entrust her and Leo's life in the hands of Gabriel, a man whom she never met.

Spell Bound was a suspe
Josette Reuel
Sep 11, 2014 Josette Reuel rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
After purchasing Part 1 of Asmodeus by Sara Humphry's (included in this set) on Amazon, I won a print copy of the book (parts 1-4) and couldn't wait to read it. I totally love Asmodeus and his heroine.

I enjoyed the story and read it quickly. If you have read Sara's other series you won't want to miss out on this one. I love Sara's world building and voice. The heat between the couple is amazing.

My only thought when reading is that a few parts maybe could have used a bit more... I wanted more o
Cathy Brockman
I read Randi Alexander's haunting a Cowboy here is my review l update as i read the rest
Haunting a Cowboy is a beautiful, bittersweet story about a man that isn't ready to let go of the past. It's been 5 years since his wife died but Thad hasn't moved on and strange things have been happening in his cabin. His boss has a friend that helped her deal with the loss of her husband and she wants Thad to let Madam Ruby help him too. He is very skeptical until he meets her. I absolutely loved this so
Laura Reading
Jul 15, 2015 Laura Reading rated it it was amazing
I started with Randi Alexander's contribution, A Haunted Cowboy.

We all know Randi can write HOT sex scenes and in this case she turns them into HOT Love scenes.
A down on his luck, dirt poor cowboy works hard to make the best of his life. Obstacles are always in his way.
He meets a wonderful woman, the love of his life, they quickly marry and have plans to start a family.
Fate does not treat them well.
His wife and unborn child die and Thad can't seem to forgive himself.

He never stops loving Meliss
April
Sep 16, 2014 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

What a terrific Boxed set with some amazing Paranormal Romances! Some of these authors where new to me, and I found them intriguing. If you enjoy tall, dark, sexy Alpha males along with paranormal goings on, with both passion and romance than this is a set for you at an incredible price. I would be hard pressed to pick one favorite out of these ten, although, Caridad, Laura and Lori are some of my favorites. Well written and very entertaining! An awesome read! Thrilling,dark, sexy and pa
Tracie Runge
Sep 17, 2014 Tracie Runge rated it it was amazing
Fabulous Authors, Awesome Box Set

My first review is for SINS OF THE FLESH by Caridad Pineiro

With its gripping storyline and compelling characters Sins of the Flesh will have you hooked from the very first page!

Caterina Shaw is a world renowned cellist but she is struck down in her prime with an incurable brain tumour and loses her vision. Caterina's doctors convince her they have a program they believe could save her life so trusting in them she agrees to go.

Mick Carrera is a problem solver, whe
Cindylou
Sep 15, 2014 Cindylou rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic read! All of the authors are amazing. A shout out to Lori Handeland. Crescent Moon was exhilarating! I want to head to the Louisiana swamp. " His gaze wandered over me; desire rolled across his face like thunder rolls across the sky." WOW!
Larri
Sep 01, 2014 Larri rated it really liked it
I was an early reader for Randi Alexander's HAUNTING A COWBOY. This is a fun, romantic story of a widower and a ghost whisperer. Thad's wife died five years ago and he struggles to move past the guilt he feels over her death. To make matters worse, the ghost of his late wife, Melissa, is still hanging around their house. His boss, the owner of the ranch where he has worked his entire adult life, brings in her friend, Cheyenne, to help both Melissa and Thad move on. Thad and Cheyenne's love story ...more
Sep 18, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it
My review of FOREVER FREED by Laura Kaye:

A heart can break, even one that no longer beats.

I stalk my new neighbors, a single mother and her child, drawn by the irresistible scent of their joy and love. I crave their blood, starved for some healing respite from my ancient guilt and grief. Now to lure them into my grasp.

But they surprise me. Little Olivia accepts me without fear--talking, smiling, offering innocent affection that tugs at my long-lost humanity. Her mother, Samantha, seeks me out wh
Porchia
Sep 18, 2014 Porchia rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best box set I have read this year. Yummy!!! If you love your men Tall, Dark and oh so not normal, then this is the read for you. Each story is a wonderful read. I did not want to put the book down but each story is a full novel so it takes more than one setting to read each one, unless you get lucky and can read all day. :) I recommend this box set to all Paranormal readers or any one who wants to start reading something different. HEA's and Happy Reading.
Tracie Runge
Sep 26, 2014 Tracie Runge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous Authors, Awesome Box Set

My first review is for SINS OF THE FLESH by Caridad Pineiro

Mick Carrera is a problem solver, whe
Emily
Oct 21, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
Tall, Dark and Paranormal is a great collection of stories from 10 wonderful authors. I absolutely loved Randi Alexander's story 'Haunting the Cowboy'. Looking forward to read the other 9 stories included in the collection. Highly recommend this collection!
Christine
Sep 29, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For all of you out there that love sci fi romance these books are for you. There is a lot of great story's and great writers in this set . A must buy. enjoy.
Book Nook  Nuts
Oct 14, 2014 Book Nook Nuts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: Tall, Dark and Paranormal - 10 Thrilling Tales of Sexy Alpha Bad Boys
Author: Lori Handeland , Amber Carew , Laura Kaye , Caridad Pineiro , Stephanie Julian , Randi Alexander ,Terry Spear , Paige Tyler , Sara Humphreys , Judi Fennel
Publication Date: 9/16/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
My review is for 4 of the books.

Crescent Moon by Lori Handeland

This book was thrilling. We have Diana Malone who is a crypto zoologist who has lost the love of her life.
N. Kuhn
Feb 08, 2015 N. Kuhn rated it it was amazing
Crescent Moon by Lori Handeland
This was a crazy story and I loved it. The story had twists, myths, magic and more. I loved Cassandra the Voodoo Priestess! The characters were great. Diana was witty, Adam was HOT hot! Yes, it was a wonderful read!

Forever Freed by Laura Kaye
This was a super sweet story. Someone who never thought they would love again? Oh man, I fell in love with these characters. I loved the drama/suspense. And whew was Lucien one hot man!

Sins of the Flesh by Caridad Pineiro
I l
Ronnie
Sep 20, 2014 Ronnie rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I'm still reading the stories but so far loving it! Some of my favorite authors wrote these paranormal stories which sound great!!! When I finish these stories I will come back and review them. So far I've read Randi Alexanders' story about a man who's lost his wife and the woman who helps him through his grief. If you love hot paranormal stories, you will love this collection of stories!!!
Erin
Sep 22, 2014 Erin rated it really liked it
Read for Crescent Moon by Lori Handeland

For review, please see the link here:

Please note, was given a copy of all these books by Lori Handeland for free in exchange for posting a review.

The other books will eventually get read and reviewed.
Karen Voitik
Oct 12, 2014 Karen Voitik rated it it was amazing

>Subject - Review - Tall, Dark and Paranormal anthology

>I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock. This anthology consists of 10 paranormal romances. All 10 stories capture a reader's imagination rather quickly and really deliver in the romance department. There is a little bit of everything, paranormal-wise, creating 10 unique stories to enjoy.

>Review One - Crescent Moon

>Diana is a widow who travels the world trying to prove the existence
Becca Sellers
Oct 29, 2014 Becca Sellers rated it really liked it
All I can say is wow! Some of the best paranormal authors have come together to offer everyone this collection of books! And when I say books I mean full length novels that cover all the spectrum of the paranormal romance genre! Awesome awesome read; I definitely recommend it!

All the stories are well written and they are full length novels (as you can tell I'm totally excited about this fact!)
Sep 18, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is my review of FOREVER FREED by Laura Kaye-a storyline in TALL, DARK AND PARANORMAL

A heart can break, even one that no longer beats.

Vera
Jan 03, 2015 Vera rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads
turned me on to some new authors
Brenda
Oct 06, 2014 Brenda marked it as to-read
Shelves: boxed-sets
Dead Sexy by Paige Tyler, 5 stars...see my review below!

Wow, what a ride! This book is so amazing, I just finished it and already want to read it again...while waiting for the sequel 'fingers crossed' to this book of awesomeness!

Hmm, where to start with my review... Well let me start by saying, Paige Tyler you've hit the mark with this one and then some! Your characters were spot on...their personality, their responses to each and every situation was absolutely brilliant. The storyline was bril
Jan 02, 2015 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-book
only got to read Haunting a Cowboy so far but off the other stories are as good as Randi Alexander's this is definitely going to be the best bunch of books put together yet.
I downloaded this set to read on my iPad and wish that the programmers would have enabled a hyperlinked Table of Contents. I very much enjoyed reading #1 Crescent Moon (4 stars), #2 Forever Freed (5 stars) and #3 Sins of the Flesh (4 stars). Then I grew annoyed at #4 Spellbound – maybe I just wasn’t in the mood, but the story was immature and flighty. I gave up on it but in order to get to story #5 Haunting a Cowboy, I had to manually advance to it one page at a time. I read maybe a third or hal ...more
Beth
There's something for everyone in this great collection of 10 full length Paranormal novels for $0.99. This collection of full length Paranormal Romance books includes stories of magic and wizards (Spellbound), shifters (Moon Called), and about every other paranormal twist (vampires, demons, witches, ghosts, etc) that you could ask for. This collection is a great opportunity to try out some new authors and/or new series and while you might like some stories more than others, for $0.99 you can't ...more
Melindeeloo
Dec 20, 2014 Melindeeloo marked it as finish-later  ·  review of another edition
Kind of got lost as to where I am in this...

Beauty and the Best - Judi Fennel - The paranormal element here is a match making Guardian angel. This was cute, but on the long side, it was pleasant and easy and the device which through a stumbling block into the HEA really felt like an added in after the fact thing - it didn't really fit into the main story line.
Sarah Toussaint
Sarah Toussaint marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
  • Thrill of the Night  (Avalon, #1)
  • Under His Claw (ALPHAS #7)
  • Dead to Begin With (Blood Prince #5.5)
  • Moon Lust (Moon Lust, #1)
  • Jezebel
  • Jackson (The Sons of Dusty Walker, #2)
  • Killian (The Sons of Dusty Walker #3)
  • Rogue (The Sons of Dusty Walker, #4)
  • The Twisted Kiss (Doomsyear, #1)
  • Black Dog and Rebel Rose
  • Bad Boys of the Night: Eight Sizzling Paranormal Romances: Paranormal Romance Boxed Set
  • The Devil's Own Desperado
  • Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3)
  • The Ice Captain's Daughter
  • Rake's Ransom
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimson, #3)
  • Roping Love (Circle R Ranch, #1)
  • Paranormally Yours: A Boxed Set
Lori Handeland has written over fifty novels, novellas and short stories in several genres--historical, contemporary, series and paranormal romance, as well as urban fantasy--for such publishers as: Dorchester, Kensington, Harlequin, St. Martin’s Press, Harper-Collins, Simon and Schuster and Penguin/Putnam

She is a New York Times, USA Today, Waldenbooks and Bookscan Bestselling Author and the recip
More about Lori Handeland...

“Twice, I could have escorted you to join him” 0 likes
“was more to a guy than a handsome face, a chiseled body and a big penis. Having a great sense of humor and the ability to carry on a meaningful conversation definitely counted for a lot.” 0 likes