Start by marking “Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your Kids” as Want to Read:
Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your Kids

Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your Kids

Be the Best Parent for Your Child

Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
Proverbs 22:6, NLT
 How you parent directly impacts who your children are and who they will become.

No one is naturally born a good parent. It takes hard work, determination, and passionate intention to raise our kids right. In the end, we can either
Published May 19th 2015 by Destiny Image

To ask other readers questions about Purposeful Parenting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purposeful Parenting

Start your review of Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your Kids
Mary
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your Kids" is a great parenting book. It is so full of good ideas, scripture, instructions, solutions, advice, stories and questions that people of any age should be able to gain something from reading it.
Jean S. Barnes, the author, has over fifty years of experience working with children and parents. She has taught in public schools and worked as a counselor. She has written a book that can help teach everyone how to be a parent. She
Urailak
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think every parent agrees that parenting is hard work. We parents must be vigilant and intentional in parenting and training our child(ren). Based on Biblical principles and psychology, Purposeful Parenting presents six crucial ingredients for bringing out the best in our children: unconditional love, discipline, purpose & passion, character, responsibility, and perseverance. The book is packed with helpful advice, doable ideas, practical tools, and insightful tips. Each chapter includes "A St ...more
Tima
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Turn Chaos to Calm, Stress to Sanity, and Confusion to Clarity."

The author takes a Biblical approach to explaining numerous scenarios and situations parents might find themselves in on the journey of raising children. There are only six chapters, but each chapter is packed with solutions, advice, stories, and thoughts. The steps are laid out clearly and the concepts are explained. The instructions to implement the steps are easy to understand and doable for a bewildered parent.

I really enjoyed
Britney
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
“How you parent directly impacts who your children are and who they will become.”

Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your Kids is a great parenting resource! Jean Barnes is an experienced teacher, counselor, psychologist, and mother. In this book, she offers six practices for use in successful parenting. They are:

Show your children that you truly love them
Use discipline to maintain life and freedom
Recognize the purpose and passions in your child’s heart
Help your child build
Cherie Kasper
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Transforming challenges into life changing events while loving your children. This statement made by Jean Barnes tells exactly what is contained in this book throughout the 6 chapters. She has broken it down to Six Guiding Principles for you to use with six guiding steps for the children.
Jean, being a psychologist , has insight into children and parenting that others of us may not have. After reading this book I really wished it had been around when I was raising my children. All the informatio
Coleen
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a powerhouse on raising kids. There are literally hundreds of ideas and suggestions for seemingly every problem that could arise when parenting. The author is organized in her presentation, starting with a chapter on Love, then Discipline, Purpose, Character, Responsibility, and Perseverance. Each is thorough, but necessarily overlaps in the overall scheme of things. There are plenty of anecdotes and stories. And Yes, she does bring God and the bible into the child raising equation, ...more
Kimberly
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring out the Best in your Kids by Jean S. Barnes, is a very informative book. Includes God in each step of every day and includes lists to help each reader decide what type of parent they are. Some of the topics include discipline, giving children love, purpose and passion, developing character and responsibility and so on.

I love when I read a parenting book and my daughter asks if she can look at when I am finished. She is a great mother but, as we all know,
Nyla
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With over 50 years experience, including educator, psychologist & mother, Jean Barnes has written a book on raising children using biblical principals and common sense. With six easy to follow chapters she takes readers through steps that will help manage and guide children. "Purposeful Parenting: Six Steps to Bring Out the Best in Your Kids" is an excellent parenting resource for what every parent and grandparent wants...to bring out the best in our children. It is chocked full of wisdom, scrip ...more
Dawn Obrien
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a very well written book. I received this book from Good reads First reads giveaway. As I am a Christian I enjoyed this book. However I expected it to be more of a self help book but is actually more of a bible study. A lot of useful information and related scripture. This book is written for the hardcore Christian type. I truly agree that the world would be a much better place if we all practiced the biblical ways.
There is a lot of guidance and strategies for a very positive parenting
Lori Weller
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Purposeful Parenting is not a how to do it manual. It is more a book of examples that any parent can choose to implement for help in raising their children. There are six chapters and each one is full with stories, thoughts, and resources. It can be used by parents of children of any age group.
I received this book from the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.
Kim Hampton
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I really agreed with the principles discussed, and loved that many of them were Biblical-based. I would love to see another book written by this author, discussing how to help your child deal with divorce.
Martin