Start by marking “Involution & Evolution: A rhyming anti-war novel” as Want to Read:
Involution & Evolution: A rhyming anti-war novel

Read Excerpt

Involution & Evolution: A rhyming anti-war novel

'Involution & Evolution' is a story about understanding overcoming compulsion, love overcoming revulsion, and oneness overcoming abuse. A story about the rare sort of kind geniality, and brave morality, which we all possess but seldom use.
A story about a World War One conscientious objector named Alfred Freeman, who does all that he can, to oppose the war and stand f
Published August 25th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Involution & Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Involution & Evolution

Kevin Lintner
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful rhythmic work that flows magnificently across the pages telling the story of Albert Freeman, a peace loving man who lost his father to war. Albert becomes a conscientious objector which puts him at odds against his own government who will use any means of coercion and punishment to turn him into a model citizen ready to go to war in the name of his country. "Involution" embraces peace gorgeously and tears away at the war machine which would enslave us all. Wonderful work!
Kiarna Lewis
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not one for buying books online but after reading reading Sheldon's summary, which was very touching by the way, I just couldn't help buying it. I order paperback instead of kindle as you can't beat feeling the pages of fantastic book. Involution & Evolution is beautifully story, with the author using rhyme to tell this very true to life story. I think a lot of people can relate to the unfortunate powers of war and what it does to a nation. Alfred Freeman, an objector to the WW1, is a ve ...more
Stephenie Oxley
I received this book as a Good Reads Giveaway. I didn't know what to expect when I began reading it, but I was instantly hooked once I started. The rhyming makes it quick paced and rhythmic. Its essentially a long poem. I liked this style it's unlike anything I've read before. This book made me question everything I've ever thought about war and it seemed to me like the author took my very thoughts and turned them into a coherent piece of writing. I assume the story is based on fact and therefor ...more
James Poter
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written. I am still thinking after reading the book that how people can sacrifice their life and comfortable life to established peach for mankind as well as for the welfare the common people. I really enjoyed so much when I read it. That is a great book for me. I believe that you will be enjoy this book.
Panagiotis
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads
Its an intresting book! The rhyming makes it quick paced and rhythmic. I havent read other book in that type, but it was really good. I recommend it to anyone want to read a nice book which critisise the war.
John
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book. An updated telling of the story of Jesus or the Buddha is right up my alley, as is an allegory about imperialism. And of course it would be great to finally read a good novel length poem. Good ones are so hard to come by.

Not everyone will find fault with this book. But to me the challenge of the form hasn't been met by this version of "Involution". My two biggest complaints are, simply that this poem is too long, with too many unnecessary words intervening bet
Prince Shahin
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Involution got some rhyme, which makes me feel fine; and really hunky-dory.
I really like this book, I suggest you take a look; at this super-duper story!
It frees Jesus from religion, on the cover is a pigeon; and at times it does get gory.
It criticises war, like never before; with a peaceful sort of glory!

Phyllis Benfield
Jun 25, 2018
Justin Wong
Jan 23, 2018
Joss Sheldon
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Aoitif Mourchid
Pakitoinuriak
rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2018
Joss Sheldon
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Adam
added it
Jan 01, 2018
  • An Epidemic of Rumors: How Stories Shape Our Perception of Disease
  • The Gift of Looking Closely
  • A Madras Miasma (Superintendent Le Fanu Mystery, #1)
  • The Big House
  • Billionaires: Reflections on the Upper Crust
  • The Raft
  • Rebellion of the Princess
  • Phantazein
  • Ruby in the Rough
  • The Last Election: A Novel of Politics
  • Adventures with the Master
  • What Ho, Automata (Reeves & Worcester Steampunk Mysteries Book, #1-3)
  • Old Angel Midnight
  • Into the Night Sky
  • The Fallen Angels of Karnataka
  • Tantric Coconuts
  • Solomon the Peacemaker
  • I Prayed For Patience: God Gave Me Children
Joss Sheldon is a scruffy nomad, unchained free-thinker, and post-modernist radical. Born in 1982, he was brought up in one of the anonymous suburbs which wrap themselves around London's beating heart. Then he escaped!

With a degree from the London School of Economics to his name, Sheldon had spells selling falafel at music festivals, being a ski-bum, and failing to turn the English Midlands into a
“No thanky-you; you can't overcome hatred with more hatred. Force can kill the liar but not the lie, the hater but not the hate, and the violent but not the violence. Hate begets hate, violence begets violence, and war begets war.” 5 likes
“This is a story about understanding overcoming compulsion, love overcoming revulsion; and oneness overcoming abuse. About the rare sort of kind-geniality, and brave-morality; which we all possess but seldom use.

A story about detractors who will be defeated, challenges which will be completed; and principles which will be proclaimed. About acts of persecution, and threats of execution; which will all be constrained.

This is the beginning of Alfred Freeman's story, the beginning of a life full of glory; and the beginning of Alfred himself. Because Alfred is being born, in his human form; with peaceful-eyes and perfect-health.”
3 likes