Start by marking “Star Trek Voyager - Geistreise 2 (Der Feind meines Feindes)” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Voyager - Geistreise 2 (Der Feind meines Feindes)

Star Trek Voyager - Geistreise 2

(Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk #2)

Captain Chakotay und seine Schwester Sekaya werden unter der Oberfläche von Loran II von einem Wechselbalg gefangen gehalten, einem verstoßenen Gründer, der sich zuvor in Chakotays Mannschaft versteckte. Zu Chakotays Entsetzen übergibt der Wechselbalg die beiden an den berüchtigten cardassianischen Wissenschaftler Crell Moset. Der plant, Chakotays von den Geistern des Himm ...more
Published June 2014 by Cross Cult (first published December 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Voyager - Geistreise 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Voyager - Geistreise 2

Start your review of Star Trek Voyager - Geistreise 2 (Der Feind meines Feindes)
Shadowdenizen
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: startrek
3.5 stars (rounded down.)

While I like the so-called "Relaunches" of both DS9 and Voyager, this duology left me cold. (Chakotay has always been my least favorite of the Voyager case, and it's not even close.)

But, especially after the "Homecoming" duology [which left me craving more], this series really had nothing to recommend it for me.
Cheryl
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The best part was when Wesley Crusher was mentioned for no apparent reason.
Matthew
Oh God, please don't make Chakotay an actual superhuman.

I think what's most impressive about this is just how poorly the core Voyager crew members are used. Some of them are reduced to background characters, and the rest of them are placed in roles which make no sense.
Heather Mac
Another SUUUUUCK. Seriously, Harry Kim suddenly becoming chief of security? With absolutely no training, after he'd become chief of operations right out of the Academy? Why move him to another department?
Taaya
The writing style is enjoyable but the plot is just not what I enjoy. The second dilogy with a conspiracy. Where’s the good old Trek fun of exploring the quadrant? And after four books the plot is still unfinished. How long will this series go on? Why didn’t they just make a lot of standalone novels like in the good old days? To earn more money because you have to buy all this freaking books to know the end?

Also it’s really annoying that the communications are written cursive. Why? That should
Mary Ellen Grace
This book was the best story in the post Voyager-returns-home timeline. I stayed up until 1 am to finish it.
Without giving away too much, I enjoyed how craftily Golden wove all the characters into the story. Particularly when Harry Kim figures out who the bad guy is. He contacts all his former shipmates to help in the solution. Many new characters from other stories in the timeline make appearances here. It's exciting, riveting, and just a darn good story.
Vladimir Ghinculov
Hoped the plot will pick up some speed in the second book. It didn't.
Erica
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this continuation to Spirit Walk. I think it's a great book that has depth to it. I love the way it deals with human nature, deception, friendship and spirituality. And, as usually, Christie Golden writes the story and the characters beautifully.

Three of them there were now; his cultural Self, his Starfleet Self and the Maquis. Traditionalist, adventurer, rebel. He was all of these. Janeway, too, was more than one aspect of her personality. They were all Changelings, in their wa
Sharon
This is a continuation of the Story Enemy of My Enemy. Once again if you don't care for spiritual themes in Star Trek you might not want to read this but as it is an integral part of Chakotay's character I have no problem with it.

Chakotay and his sister have been taken prisoner and are subjected to experiments. Janeway apparently still considers herself as Tom's mentor and begins to groom him in the ways of diplomacy by ordering him to be her guest at an event as she attempts to convince a worl
'Nathan Burgoine
Well, as far as the Star Trek: Voyager books go, I'm starting to get a little frustrated. While this had an admirable A-plot (a changeling, the return of Krell Moset, etc), the B-stories are starting to annoy the crap out of me. I'm finding the Trill doctor annoying (have we not done the whole 'past life becoming too dominant' thing with Jadzia and Ezri already?) and the new counsellor drives me crazy (she comes off like a child, not a counsellor). Ugh. I dunno. Even the Torres/Paris' child plot ...more
Benjamin Plume
Not bad. Works just as well as part one.
Richard
Pretty good plot... Just wished it had been one continuous book!
Dan
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vgr, star-trek
Overall, an unfortunate disappointment. The conclusion to the novel was, in my opinion, confused and jumbled with some troubling aspects that have bothered me ever since their introduction in the Voyager television series. I find the contrast between these novels and the later Voyager "relaunch" stories by Kirsten Beyer to be staggering. While I'm sorry that Christie Golden's run in the Voyager series wasn't more successful, I'm happy that Beyer's books were able to take the premise and do new a ...more
Alycia Coyle
Entertaining read.

Fast paced, with. few bumps.
Many doors left open for continuing story lines and characters.
But I find Golden's dialog a bit too 21st century twee and, at times, not worthy of the mature, highly educated 24th
adults she is attempting to depict.She
If these are YA level books, start marketing them as such.
(Gratefully enjoyed reading this while I suffered through an upper respiratory infection and was condemned to bed for the weekend.)
Adam
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic Star Trek sci-fi novel.

One of the highlights for me, is that the author tied in a lot of the current events of that time into the story. Little Easter eggs from DS9, next generation and of course, voyager.

From a fans perspective, I really enjoyed reading about the progressions of the main cast from the series. The plot lines were realistic and believable.

Recommend.
Stefani
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trekkie
A very enjoyable read that, for me, moved at a much better pace than the first installment. Chakotay is one of my favorite Star Trek characters. I gave 4 stars as the Trill related segments can be confusing and I was hoping Chakotay would have a more centered role. I lapped up the ending where he was focused on more as a main hero.
Kristina Deluise
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good.
keep wishing for the original gang to get back to gether...
book ends on a c;iff hanger that you did not see coming.

the above was spirit walk book one

below is book 2 is what this is for
usually don't like books when other people are pretending to be others
but this was figured out quickly so that part wasn't bad

book was good,
Natalie LaRue
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another intriguing and page-turning Voyager book!
Jamie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book.
Yvette
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read that in one sitting! Good conclusion to the main story. And a hell of a cliff hanger to the B story and main story...didn’t really see them coming.
David
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
A very, very excellent Voyager adventure! Loved it all from start to finish.
Daniel
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book finishes the "Spirit Walk" story and is a continuation of the storylines established following the Homecoming novel. In "Enemy of My Enemy" we discover why Moset and the Changeling are so very interested in Chakotay and his sister. The book, is very... spiritual in nature. Towards the end, it becomes a "mind and body are one" type of book where a scientist, of all people, has to make a leap of faith and understand that the two are linked, which should be obvious. Most of the book is sp ...more
Jimyanni
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This book does a fair job of finishing the story "begun" in "Old Wounds", although really that book was itself a continuation of "Homecoming" and "The Farther Shore". I would not recommend reading this book unless you've read all of those, but if you have, you'll probably need to read this one in order to finally get something resembling a conclusion. The book is reasonably well-written, although there were points when the plot seemed a bit trite, and others where it was difficult to suspend dis ...more
Art the Bookworm
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Bad.
Todd R
Sep 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trek, trek-voy
I wanted to give this 4 stars but the last few chapters cemented a 3. Really enjoyed the characters and the Janeway affair. Some of the New Agey spirituality was just as cheesily presented here as in the Voyager episodes forcing me to skim through it pretty quickly.

Overall the two book series was a fast read. Christie Golden usually does a fine job of getting to the parts that matter and keeping out what doesn't.
Angela
The Captain has been kidnapped, and been replaced by a changeling who cannot change much. The crew are suspicious and involve Janeway in their scheme. This is a direct follow up to Spirit Walk 1, so you need to read that first. It's a decent story but does not have the wow factor the previous volume had. All plot lines are nicely completed, including the Trill one. A good read.
Fraser Coltman
These are my junk food reads. On one of the episodes of Voyager two of the characters were caught up in a 20th century soap opera, wanting to know what would happen next to the people in the story. I guess I'm about the same with my interest in these novels.
Amanda
Oct 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story. It left some things open for more books. I hope that the relaunch of Voyager will continue...
Karl Schaeffer
Good quick star trek read. Not a bad story, even though I didn't read Book 1. I'm not as invested in the Voyager storyline as I am in the original series, TNG & DS9. ...more
Deanna
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! Loved it! First one was a little bit better though. I loved the ending WAY Better on this one.

• Full Circle (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Unworthy (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Children of the Storm (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • The Eternal Tide (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Protectors (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Acts of Contrition (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Atonement (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1)
  • Evolution (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #3)
  • Cohesion (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #1)
  • Fusion (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #2)
  • Before Dishonor (Star Trek - The Next Generation: The Second Decade #4)
  • The Red King (Star Trek: Titan, #2)
  • Architects of Infinity
  • A Pocket Full of Lies
  • Death in Winter (Star Trek The Next Generation)
  • Dead Endless
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn

Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk (2 books)
  • Spirit Walk (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #1)