Start by marking “Dead Man Stalking (Barbara Marr Murder #5)” as Want to Read:
Dead Man Stalking (Barbara Marr Murder #5)

Dead Man Stalking

(Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #5)

SPECIAL RELEASE RATE OF .99 CENTS ENDS MIDNIGHT SEPT 1
When Howard and the girls leave town, Barb thinks she'll have some quiet, peaceful alone time. Of course, this is calamity-prone Barbara Marr. Her life doesn't know quiet or peaceful. And forget alone. With her air conditioning on the fritz, Barb accepts an invitation from a famous thriller writer to spend a few days i
Published August 28th 2014 by Boundless

To ask other readers questions about Dead Man Stalking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Man Stalking

Linda Quick
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this series. I don't know how Karen Cantwell's mind works - probably a good thing as it would probably terrify me - but, wow! Another funny and slightly bizarre story in the Barbara Marr saga. From a time traveler to a midget to a washed up has been author, somehow the author makes it seem normal. And, no, this is not a syfy book, just a very clever and funny chick lit mystery.

If you want to laugh and enjoy an engaging mystery, this is the book for you.
Mary
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
While not quite as funny as previous books, Dead Man Stalking is still another great romp thru suburbia. This time heroine Barbara Marr is linked up with an eccentric group of suspects that includes a possible time traveler. Sounds kooky but even I was wondering by the end of the book. I hope Ms. Cantwell keeps these books coming as they are fun treats.
Krystyna
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
The Lottery Game

Not one of my favourites, found the plot to be slightly silly and although it was amusing in places, the humour of the previous books is missing. The children and her husband are away, so she should be enjoying the new found peace. Not so, with temperatures soaring and air conditioning not working, life seems too hot to handle. Then an offer to house sit pulls her out of her funk. Throw in two deaths, a cast of shady characters and unclaimed lottery tickets in this OTT plot. Wher
Sean
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a quickie read for me, and I thoroughly enjoy Cantwell’s easy-going style. Barbara Marr is totally at it again: when I saw her AC unit was out, I had a feeling the frivolity would soon begin.

And when you have her investigating an author’s father’s belongings, you know there will be hijinks galore.
Lisa
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
There have been significant changes in Barb's life since the last book. This installment finds her on her own with no air conditioner. While her friend Vikki Cleveland goes out of town after her father's untimely death, she invites Barb to stay at her fancy house so she can benefit from the AC. Soon, Barb finds herself trying to solve a mystery with the aid of a time-traveling man, gun toting friends, and an unusual cast of characters. It all ends with an addition to Barb's family. I really enjo ...more
Bonnie Gleckler Clark
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gotta love Barbara Marr. In this of Karen Cantwell's fifth of the series, Barb once again stepping right into the middle of a yet to be solved sticky situation. This time two unrelated (or so it appears) deaths draw Barb's attention. First Mr. Chang is found dead in his restaurant. And, then Vikki's estranged father falls victim to a bus. As Barb's handsome husband, Howard, is away on business and her daughters are on vacation with their grandmothers, Barb jumps in with both feet. Come along for ...more
Sandy Bartles
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Funny!

I loved this book and the others in the series. The only complaint I have is the sequels don't come out fast enough! Barbara Marr is on her own for a few days as her husband is out of town on business and their daughters are on a trip with their grandmothers. As usual, we find that Barbara can get into more trouble than her children ever could. Lots of laughs.
Kimberly
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cosy-mystery
Karen Cantwell is a MUST READ AUTHOR. I absolutely LOVE her characters. They pop off the page and her plots are laugh out loud amazing. She is my go to feel good author. I can't get enough. And she is totally clean!! I recommend her to everyone.
Pamela
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Barbara is at it again and is funnier than ever. I really enjoy the crazy cast of characters that she collects, even the duck. Read the story and you will understand.

Another extremely well written book in this series. Read them all they are fantastic!!!
Judi Rae
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment in the Barbara Marr series! Light hearted and fun, it's a great beach or rainy Saturday afternoon read. I can't wait to see what shenanigans Barbara and friends get up to next!
Debbi Mack
This book is part of a great series of funny mysteries. Barbara Marr rocks! If you'd like to know more, check out my YouTube review here: http://bookgrrltoo.blogspot.com/2015/...
Bren
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had a lot of fun reading this latest adventure of Barbara (who is reminds me of Lucile Ball). At this time, this is the most current book in the series. I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long for the next book!
Bernie
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dead Man Stalking review

Dead Man Stalking is the very funny fifth book in the Barbara Marr Murder Mystery series written by author Karen Cantwell.
Jeanne
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun

Funny yet because of the writing the wild incidents are somehow believable. Interesting characters and plot. Worth the time. Barbara marriage is a series worth reading
Cari
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, good-reads
A favorite series and absolutely look forward to more!
Carmen
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Delightful series. Really enjoy the characters, humor and the plots. I highly recommend this author. I've read the whole series, so far, and each is better than the last.
Turtle
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it
It was ok.. Not one of her best novels.
Definitely wasn't as funny as the others.
Coryjo
May 16, 2017
John Gartside
Nov 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• We are NOT Buying a Camper! (Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries #0.5)
  • Trouble in Paradise (Paradise, #3)
  • Mango Key (Mango Bob #5)
  • Seeing Trouble (Deadwood, #2.5)
  • The Haunted Fixer Upper (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #2)
  • The Color of Lies (Paradise Valley, #4.5)
  • Coke with a Twist (A Mercy Watts short story)
  • Murder at the Puppy Fest (Melanie Travis, #20)
  • Dusted To Death (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #8)
  • Mrs. Jeffries Learns the Trade (Mrs Jeffries #1-3)
  • A Charming Death (do us part) (Magical Cures Mystery #7.5)
  • Hell on Wheels (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #9)
  • Rubbed Out (A Memphis BBQ Mystery, #4)
  • The Man Who Flew the Memphis Belle: Memoir of a WWII Bomber Pilot
Karen's novel, Take the Monkeys and Run was a semi-finalist in the 2009 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest (under the original title of Monkeys in My Trees)and has gone on to be a Kindle bestseller on Amazon. She has written three more books in the Barbara Marr Murder Mystery Series: Citizen Insane, Silenced by the Yams, and Saturday Night Cleaver.

When she's not writing, Karen loves gardening

Barbara Marr Murder Mystery (7 books)
  • Take the Monkeys and Run (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery, #1)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • Silenced by the Yams (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #3)
  • Saturday Night Cleaver (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #4)
  • Dial Marr for Murder (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery Series Book 6)
  • Bjorn! on the Fourth of July