Start by marking “Claimed by Love (The Ryders #2; Love in Bloom #39)” as Want to Read:
Claimed by Love (The Ryders #2; Love in Bloom #39)

Claimed by Love (The Ryders #2)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  728 Ratings  ·  239 Reviews
The RYDERS are the newest addition to the Love in Bloom romance series. Each book may be read as a stand-alone novel, or as part of the series.

CLAIMED BY LOVE is a USA Today Bestseller!

IN CLAIMED BY LOVE...
Family law attorney Gabriella Liakos has one true love, Elpitha Island, where she grew up and hopes someday to return. But Elpitha is in financial ruins, and Gabriella
300 pages
Published March 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Claimed by Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claimed by Love

Carra
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Claimed by Love is Melissa Foster doing what she does best, and readers will not be disappointed. This is classic romance with little to no angst or drama--just two people who meet and fall for each other right from the start, and the development of their mostly turmoil-free relationship. With the clear, smooth flowing writing you'd expect from this author, the story sails along quickly while still getting the reader thoroughly invested in the characters.

Duke is pretty much the perfect man. Thou
Bharti
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Foster writes utterly delectable and passionate love stories. She mixes lust and love in such a delicate balance it makes your skin feel hot and heart full. Claimed in Love is Duke and Gabriella's story on a serene, happy island off the South Carolina coast. Times a changing the island residents brace themselves for the inevitable wave of change that's about to hit them.
Gabriella who loves the island grudgingly steps in to soften the blow of change and salvage some personal heart loss.
Veronica
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Duke comes to Elpitha Island with the intention of buying it from Gabriella's grandfather and redeveloping it . Gabriella is his guide for this first day on the island and they spend the day with each other. Elpitha Island is stunning. This beautiful island with its Greek and Southern US heritage was warm and charming and the place anyone would love to live. I could see why Gabriella loves it so much.

The timeline for this r
Devika Fernando
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be my new favourite book by Melissa Foster. Duke is a perfect book boyfriend, such an irresistible mix of alpha male and caring, intelligent, utterly charming, sincere dream catch. I loved the exotic island setting and the emotional up-and-down too.
Terri
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I listened to this audiobook, I came to realize that there was very little conflict in it, even though it seems like the conflict should have been substantial. Duke is wanting to develop the island that Gabriella's family owns and lives on. She really doesn't want that to happen. Seems big, right? Not really, because Duke rolls over right away and tells her he won't do anything (in bed and as far as the island is concerned), that she doesn't want to do. Conflict pretty much over.
This is the u
Diane
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve just finished listening to Claimed By Love by Melissa Foster. It is the first book of hers that I’ve read even though I’ve had lots of her books on my TBR forever! I think I looked at the covers and thought they would be cute and sweet romance... Well, it was cute and sweet, but also emotional and HOT! Great listen!
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Claimed by Love by Melissa Foster is part of the Love in Bloom series. This is the second book that follows the Ryders. This is the first book of Melissa Foster’s that I have read, but I will be reading more of her work. I really want to see where these stories begin as each book brings characters from previous books into its fold. Anyway…Claimed by Love follows Duke Ryder and Gabriella Liakos and their journey to love.

Duke arrives on Elpitha Island all suit and tie and nice shoes. Gabriella Li
Mary Mooney
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review. Another Ryder brother has stolen my heart and I think Duke may just keep it. Duke Ryder is the older brother that thinks he will never get married and always be the ladies man. He doesn't see any woman stealing his heart. Until he sees Gabriella, even though it is from a distance, he knows there is something different about her and he wants to leave everything about her. While Gabriella is back on the ...more
Kay Pflueger
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elpitha is a fictional island off the coast of South Carolina and it holds a special place in the heart of Gabriella. It is her home and she loves the beaches, the woods, the small town vibe… but the island is in financial ruin. Her grandfather is negotiating to sell the island and Duke Ryder is a real estate investor who is interested in buying the island to develop it into a resort.

As Gabriella’s family is known to do, matchmaking begins the minute Duke steps onto the island. He is quite taken
Sterna Kruger
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“How did I get lucky enough to meet you?”

From the moment Duke and Gabriella lay eyes on each other, sparks fly! But underestimating the man who is about to save or destroy the one thing Gabriella loves more than anything, could cost her dearly.

It was supposed to be business as usual for investor Duke … but nothing about the beautiful granddaughter of the man who should have been his sole focus, was usual.

There is a lot more than a broken heart at risk as the attraction between Gabriella and Du
Tina
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gabriella Liakos loves the family island of Elpitha. Her grandfather insisted that all of the children leave the island to go to school. Unfortunately, the younger generation decided to stay on the mainland, rather than return to the island after getting their education. This has become problematic for the island because it is slowly dying off and becoming a ghost town.
Gabriella, now a lawyer, is given the task by her grandfather to broker the deal to sell the island to developer named Duke Ryde
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Loved Duke... meh on Gabriella

I love Melissa Foster's books. She manages to capture love and the importance of family in every single one. This time the spotlight is on Gabriella, who comes from a large and close knit Greek family who resides on a small island. There family is pretty much the only residents of the island and their income is dwindling because of the lack of tourism.

Duke Ryder, who also hails from a tight knit family, is in real estate. He has visions for what he can do
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5 steamy hot stars ****.*

Oh, why did I never get to meet my Duke? He is the absolutely perfect embodiment of a modern romantic hero, and Gabriella is definitely worthy of his affection. I love Ms Foster's books - and this one is at least as good as all the others that I have read!

We are transported to a beautiful, though run down island, inhabited mainly by generations of Greek settlers. The descriptions are so vivid,
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

I am a proud fan of Melissa Foster. Even so, I won't tell you that all her books are perfeect, because I have to admit that there are some books that I liked but did not love, However, I can definitely say that while I did not love every book, I certainly enjoyed all of them. Ms. Foster writes some of the most relatable characters. In all of the books I read from h
Jessica Alcazar
If there's an author out there that can write a love/romance story where the passion between the leads and within the leads just jumps off the pages, then Melissa Foster is it! Every book I have ever read has been fueled by passion, and Claimed by Love is no exception. It was ridiculously sexy! :)

Another very impressive part of this story was the insta-lust you don't actually feel. And what I mean is that our leads fall for each other almost instantly, but it doesn't feel short-changed. It feels
Mary
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The instant attraction between the two threatens Gabriella in a way she hasn't felt before. She feels hemmed in on all sides due to her grandfather selling the island she grew up on and now this investor making her feel things that she doesn't want to feel. She wants a simple life, home and family and now Duke is threatening her way of life.

A solid read with memorable characters and a positive storyline. The angst about ren
Becca
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Foster is a definite go to author for me. Each and every book envelopes you in the lives of amazing people whom you live a little piece of your heart with after every read. Oh to live in the mind of Melissa and all of these fabulous stories!!

Gabriella is called back home to help negotiate a sale of the family island with an investor. Gabriella has always loved the island but after living in New York City, it's hard to look at the island for what it really is verses the memories of her ch
Charlotte Lynn
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have become the biggest BJ Harrison and Melissa Foster Audiobook fan. There is nothing better than listening to BJ Harrison read me Melissa’s amazing story. The voice brings the story to life. I can hear the emotions that the characters are going through. Their stories come to live for me.

I listen while working out, cleaning the house, driving around, or pretty much anytime I can sneak more than 5 minutes for myself. It makes the time doing things I may not enjoy as much so much better.

Panty
Amy Meyer
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabriella, a New York City attorney, grew up on the island of Elpitha, a small island off the coast of South Carolina. The island is a combination of her Greek heritage as well as her mother's southern upbringing. Due to her love of the island, her grandfather summons Gabriella to the island to be a tour guide to a real estate investor who plans to buy the island and turn it into an exclusive tourism destination. What she is not prepared for is Duke Ryder.

Duke Ryder, the real estate investor int
Jan Miller
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claimed by Love by Melissa Foster is another excellent book in the series. I loved Duke and Gabriella's story. The imagery in this book is incredible. I loved all of the Greek things described. Sharing the heritage was very special. Business and love do not always mesh, but this story merged the two wonderfully. Duke's inner musings of picturing Gabriella pregnant were touching. I love how the author puts family as a priority in her books, along with writing loyal, endearing and trustworthy char ...more
Jennifer Mitchell
This book is another wonderful one from Melissa Foster!! BJ Harrison did another amazing job with the narration.
Duke Ryder meets Gabriella Liakos when he comes to the island of Elpitha as real estate investor. Gabriella doesn't want her beloved island sold. Duke has falls for hard. Her fear of what he will do with the island keeps her from giving him all of her love. What she doesn't know is that his love of faimly is just as deep as her love for her family. Family is very important to both of
Ashley Hedden
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claimed by Love by Melissa Foster was a great read. I loved reading Duke and Gabriella’s story. Gabriella is an attorney who wants to see her favorite place, Elpitha Island, ruined by financial issues. Duke is a real estate investor looking to purchase a resort on Elpitha Island. I can’t wait to read more by Melissa Foster, this is a great series.
Virginia
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Duke Ryder went to Elpitha Island with the thought in mind to buy it. He was an investor. Gabriella Liakos was a family lawyer and was the one chosen by her grandfather to show him around. She loved her Island and she didn't want him to buy it because she wanted to preserve her culture. The narriator did a great job with the audio of this one. Don't miss it.
Sharon Rudolph
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Another great book in this series. I have read them out of order, but it really doesn't matter, you are able to still follow the story. I am excited to read the final book in this series.
Gina
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

Great HEA centered on a beautiful island that combines Greek and Southern charms along with a loving extended family. I loved Gabriella and Dukes story
Brandie
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Audiobook version:
This is the same great characters and writing we have come to know from Melissa Foster. Great plot- pleasant narration. Great read.
Casey
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Claimed by Love is the second Ryders book in the Love in Bloom series by Melissa Foster, with each book being a standalone story. These do not need to be read in order since they are about interconnected characters, but I do recommend reading them in order if possible as I think that the reader gets the most enjoyment out of them that way. It is always so fun to see familiar faces and to get to see how each of them progress as the series cont
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.

If you have been following my reviews, you would have figured by now that I am a huge fan of Melissa Foster. I have not read everything she has written (I will be rectifying that slip up very soon), but those that I had the opportunity to read I enjoyed.  Although I must admit there were one or two that just didn’t not do it for me. In spite of this, the moment I hear she has another boo
Tiffany Willams
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"She felt like she'd known him for much longer than just a few hours, but she could see that he had that effect on everyone."

OH MY GEE!!!

I'm loving these Ryder siblings more and more!!

I think Duke might be my favorite...at least for now;) He and Gabriella are sizzling hot and there's no denying their attraction from the first time they meet.

Their romance is an instant one, but in such a wonderful way. Neither were looking for love, per se, but sometimes love finds you instead.

"So, you're definit
Candy
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Claimed by Love, Gabriella Liakos has returned home to Elpitha Island,  South Carolina to help her grandfather sell it. Gabriella really loathes the idea of selling the island she loves, fearful that some greedy investor will snap it up, build monstrous high rise casinos and have cruise ships docking there. Duke Ryder is interested in buying the island and turning it into an exclusive resort. That is until he meets Gabriella and her Southern Greek family. Duke falls in love from the moment he ...more
Romance Audiobooks: Claimed by Love by Melissa Foster 27 98 Mar 19, 2018 02:56PM
  • Cape Cod Promises (Love on Rockwell Island, #2)
  • Teasing Destiny (Wishing Well, Texas #1)
  • Illegal Motion (Boys of Fall)
  • Saving You (Fire and Icing, #5)
  • Sarah's Surrender (Bound and Determined, #2.5)
  • Dark Desires (Deception, #2)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Alternate Connection (Countermeasure, #3)
  • First Class Stamp (First Class Novels, #8)
  • Mistletoe Wedding (A Marietta Christmas #2; Bar V5 Dude Ranch #4)
  • Loving Josie (Torey Hope #4)
  • Beautifully Used (The Beaumont Brothers, #2)
  • Not Your Damn Dom (Denial, #2)
  • Snowed In For Her Wedding
  • Losing Stars (The Celebrity, #3)
  • Montana Darling (Big Sky Mavericks, #3)
  • The Best Is Yet to Come (The Best Girls, #0.5)
  • Of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (Operation: Middle of the Garden, #2)
NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Never miss a release! Follow Melissa here on Amazon and sign up for her newsletter: www.MelissaFoster.com/Newsletter

Start FIVE of Melissa's series FREE in ebook format here:
www.MelissaFoster.com/LIBFREE

Melissa Foster is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling and award-winning author. She writes sexy and heartwarming contemporary romance and wom
More about Melissa Foster

The Ryders (5 books)
  • Seized By Love (The Ryders #1; Love in Bloom #38)
  • Chased by Love (The Ryders #3; Love in Bloom #40)
  • Rescued by Love (The Ryders, #4; Love in Bloom, #42)
  • Swept Into Love (The Ryders #5; Love in Bloom #41)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Anything But Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“It takes a special man not to feel threatened by a smart, headstrong girl like you. And it takes a generous, loving heart to want to nurture that strength, to push you outside your comfort zone, instead of tamping it down or trying to control it.” Duke” 0 likes