Start by marking “King of Snowflakes (West Coast Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
King of Snowflakes (West Coast Boys, #1)

King of Snowflakes

(West Coast Boys #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  191 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Grade twelve is flying by like a pride parade of gay freedom and love until Skyler finds his gorgeous downtown boyfriend cheating on him over Christmas break. The breakup leaves him raw and not up to ignoring the usual gay taunts from soccer star Ryan and his teammates.

Published September 26th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about King of Snowflakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King of Snowflakes

Anke
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
For the most part it was a very good read. Although it was a LOT of inner musings, it was nice to get both POVs. I found the re-appearance of Ryan' former friend ok in the beginning, but then it got too much. And then the whole book stopped rather out of the blue with several story lines not finished. To get the reader to read the next book? I don't like that. And the set-up/excerpt for book#2 was gripping, but honestly? I didn't like Logan and Jeremy didn't win any points as well. But that belo ...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

A West Coast Boys Novel

When Skyler loses it, he’s surprised to find a straight jock like Ryan knows what it’s like to have your heart broken and what it’s like not to belong. Behind his cocky smile, Ryan is feeling hopele
Riina Y.T.
♥ `•..• ♥ º ☆..•`♥BEAUTIFUL!♥ `•..• ♥ º ☆..•`♥

"If feeling this way means that I'm gay, then I'm gay. I'm lucky enough to be wired right to get to love you. How could I not be thankful for that?"

#ALL THE snowy STARS & MORE!

THIS! #forever favorites, #endearing characters, #most adorable couple, #nipple piercing!, #coolest mom ever, #sweetest boy, & #most caring friend

Wow, Ryan, boy… I adore you to pieces!

What a wonderful, sweet, sweet guy.

Skyler too. Just.

#special like a snowflake

Borderstar
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
If I think about this critically, there were a lot of things about this that don't fit with how I usually like my books and that I probably shouldn't have liked. But I couldn't help it! I loved it anyway :)

I couldn't help but like Skyler and I loved Ryan and their relationship slowly going from friends to a deeper relationship. There were parts which were a bit silly, especially the excuses Ryan made to himself - I mean Ryan really couldn't be THAT dense as to not get what was going on could he?
Donna Barker
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: canadian
I have to admit that this is the first M/M romance I've read and I wasn't sure what to expect. I picked up the book because the story takes place in my city (Vancouver) and because I have a son who was the same age as the two heroes, Skylar and Ryan. I was curious to see the world through these young men who could very well be my son's friends.

I loved the story. I loved the vulnerability of characters. The compassion of the parents. And the fact that at the core, whether the story was M/M or no
Karen
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, stirring, heartwarming story of young love and learning; learning about the different kinds of romance and attraction interwined with learning about self and finding a safe place to land in this confusing world. Set in beautiful, cozy western British Columbia, Canada in the mountainous suburb of North Vancouver. I fell in love with Skyler and Ryan - by the end of the story they were real people to me. Thanks, Michele for a "delicious" read... cook up some more, please!

ps. nana, I got
Milica
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a big fan of Y/A genre (although this has adult content,not that I'm complaining),but I had no defenses against Ryan&Skyler...they reminded me of the time when I was in high school (not so long ago,but it feels like ages) when you like someone and you analyze everything they say and do,and you constantly wonder "does he like me?...did he mean that this or that way?" and when your heart is broken,you feel like it's the end of the world...This was such a heart-warming story,and I must ...more
Firenz
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel. It's the light-hearted fun fluff books I love to read. No real angst except at the end and the beginning. Both concerning characters from the second novel.

I like how easily the book reads. The tone and style worked for me. Although I liked the authors debut novel I will not be reading the second in the series. Note that like snowflakes all bad ex's should melt away. I don't want to read about a jackass potential rapist and a cheater falling in love.
Maggie Simms

Light, delectable story of two sweet boys slowly falling in love. They start off as friends and the transition is very enjoyable.

Can't wait to read the next book in the series. It is going to be about both bad boys in this story redeeming themselves.
Andi Van
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I want to say that first, because I can't say it enough. I loved this book.

I was honestly all set to dislike Ryan, with the way the book started out, but by the end I was completely in love with both him and Skyler. And honestly, this book was full of all of my favorite things - young men just coming into adulthood and figuring out who they are, a story that was more about love than lust (though I did indeed enjoy the lust), and such well-written descriptions that I had to go
Ami
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ami by: Lada
Too lazy to make long review, my thoughts were similar to my friend, Ari's, right here .

In conclusion.... The change from bully to friends to boyfriends was too fast I got whiplash. My eyes also glazed over in the middle and starting to lose the connection with them. But Skyler and Ryan were adorable and Ryan definitely had some aww-worthy lines. I loved Ryan for owning up his own feelings to Sky and wanted to become Sky's champion.

Stevie the sister rocked, by the way, loved the conversation b
Michele Fogal
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I decided it's ok to give my baby 5 stars! I adore these boys and all they have yet to do and become.

Find out more about them on my website
www.michelefogal.com/books
Ptdog
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lovely story of young love and teenage angst. Characters are likable and not too dense. Pleasant read.
Adwanyandie
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a lot of fun to read. It's light and bouncy in that way that just takes you along for the ride. I loved how the POV switched between our two main boys Ryan and Skyler from chapter to chapter. Getting to see inside both their heads as they slowly fell for each other added to the "Just admit it already and kiss!!!" feeling you get as it becomes obvious that they're perfect for one another. There's a little drama, the perfect amount of sexiness, and the snowy mountain setting will swallow ...more
Shannon
Cute story but it read kind of...childish? I know we're reading about teenagers here but something about it was "Jane ran fast. See Jane run." Hard to explain just not the smoothest storytelling. Most of the angst in the story was just the boys and their thoughts. The parents were perfect, weirdly so and no one had any problems with "the gay". A little bit of sexy times but mostly just teenagers rubbing off on each other which I imagine would be the norm. It was okay. That's the best I can do.
Sara
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

I read the second book, King of Rain, in this series first (will it be a series? I don't know, but I sort of wish there'll be a third part). And I liked it so much that I immediately started to read the first one too.

In hindsight I think I made the best choice for me reading wise. Both books work very well as stand alones, but for me, if I had read Ryan and Skyler's story first I might not have picked up "King of Rain". Not because "King of Snowflakes" is a bad story, but because it's a
bookfaerie
Ari
Dec 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I like Skyler & Ryan romance but did not enjoy the writing.

At the beginning, I felt like I skipped one or two chapters, but I didn't. Then I realized that this is just how the story goes: fast.
It didn't take days for Ryan to change from bully to friend, didn't take weeks for him to invite Skyler to his family trip. And at the end of the family trip, they're officially boyfriend.

Not just the pace, the author also tend to throwing names out of the blue, made me thought that I missed a line or
Mike Oaks
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect ski trip

Two guys, Ryan and Sky are on a collision course. Fear of rejection, getting hurt and acceptance is threaded through the pages. I felt like I was in the car on the ride to the mountain. Riding the ski lifts. Soaking in the hot tub. And a few other scenes that I prefer not to mention. I wish there were another thousand pages. A few tears shed but only from joy.
Brandilyn
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-2014
Reviewed by Brandilyn for Prism Book Alliance. Skyler is the weird out gay kid in school. Ryan is the perfect straight jock boy. Somehow they form a deep friendship that leads to a ski vacation and maybe more. Okay, you have all that? Yeah, I didn't quite believe it either. However, if you can get past Ryan going from taunting Skyler one minute to being his best bud the next, King of the Snowflakes is a sweet story of coming to terms, coming out, and finding love.
Pamela Su
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sweet and adorable romance about two high school boys falling in love.

Ryan and Skyler were cute. Totally clueless about each other's feelings which I enjoyed reading. Their holiday getaway provided plenty of opportunities for both boys to get intimate and boy, do they. Not just physical intimacy but also emotional as well.

A really sweet, cavity-causing romance for sure.

Meggie
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
This story didn't feel realistic for me. Sure I like both MC' the jock Ryan and Skyler. But personally Ryan background, story his insecurity about his future, wasn't developed enough. His behaviour toward Skyler at the beginning didn't make sense, being an ass and then trying to be Skyler's best friend. Anyway, that didn't make sense for me.
Bogusia
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to the next book :)
Joy
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, scribd
This was very sweet but the second book had more to sink your teeth into.
Fan-girl
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it read it... Total romance and fluff!
Monica
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3,5 *
Nickea Williams
this books was interesting....I must say that....the romance was unconventional and so was the story in some ways....I don't know if ill read more of these but it was a good book
*Nan*
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ty
Dec 17, 2015
Momshell
Oct 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dreamspinner Press: King of Snowflakes by Michele Fogal 1 4 Oct 09, 2014 05:49PM
King of Snowflakes 1 5 Sep 26, 2014 03:47PM
  • On the Right Track (Vocal Growth, #1)
  • Kieran & Drew
  • Being True
  • Five Ways a Boy Can Break Your Heart
  • I Hate Summer
  • Cold Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Recipe for Magic
  • From Darkness to Darkness (Loka Legends, #2)
  • The Wolf and His Diva
  • Tristant and Elijah
  • At the Lake
  • Us Three (One Voice, #1)
  • Screwups
  • You're Always in the Last Place You Look
  • Fit for the Job
  • I'll Always Miss You
  • Superhero
  • After School Activities
I am a Love Story Novelist, in both SF & LGBT Romance, a mother, a story addict, an endless student and a drooling xenophile.

West Coast Boys (2 books)
  • King of Rain (West Coast Boys, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99