Start by marking “Bare Beginner (Pole Dance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bare Beginner (Pole Dance, #1)

Bare Beginner

(Pole Dance #1)

Allure.
Beauty.
Confidence.

The ABC's of sexiness are what modern-day wallflower Alexandra Harrington is looking for when she signs up for the Beginners class at New York’s hip pole dance studio Crystal’s.

Drive.
Effort.
Family.

The three pillars that have always defined Jack Daniels, computer expert and junior partner at up-and-coming software company Corporate Calls.

When a gla
Published September 2nd 2014 by S.G. Lovell

To ask other readers questions about Bare Beginner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bare Beginner

Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
I sort of want to take a pole dancing class now. No really, Lexa has inspired me to embrace my awesome and find a group of girls who can both flip around a pole and laugh loudly.

Lexa is a bit reserved due to an incident her freshman year of college that really damaged and affected her. Thankfully Jack Daniels (I CANNOT GET OVER HIS NAME) came to her rescue. But then he never made a move. She’s always had a crush on Jack, but never thought that he’d go for a girl like her. She’s insecure and she
Shelley
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I really liked the concept of this book. No, it’s not a book about an aspiring stripper. This is the story of a young woman who has been struggling with her insecurities her whole life. She has never felt good enough, pretty enough, or sexy enough. What I really appreciated was that she wasn’t some weak woman who was just sitting around feeling sorry for herself. Lexa was taking action, trying to make a change in her life. She wanted to be more assertive, more confident, and sure, if that helped ...more
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 weird in a good way stars

I was given this book for my honest review.

This book reminds me of a slow gin fizz from the mixing of the gin, lemon juice, sugar and club soda. Mixed just right and you have the most delectable drink.

Lexa-brave, pretty, smart and cautious

Jack-hunky, businessman

Lexa is the woman that is reserved from a past traumatic event that has closed her off to many of the people that she loves dearly. She comes across a man from her past that she has never forgotten but is scared
Mignon Mykel
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, series
Received a review copy from author in exchange for an honest review; original post can be found at:

I have to be honest...

When I started reading this book, I wasn't sure I was going to make it through.

Reading about Lexa's insecurities and watching her watch a pole dancing class was almost painful to me... I'm not sure why, but I was positive that this was going to be one of those skim-read books.

But enter Jack Daniels, and everything changed for me.

Firstly,
Court
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I reviewed this at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shel!

Court: It is safe to say that thanks to Kristen Ashley, I have a penchant, or more aptly; a curiosity for pole dancers...so I was very into the idea of this book when we received the request to review Bare Beginner.Shel: Yes, the synopsis caught my interest I am glad we did because I enjoyed it very much.

Court: We began this story with Lexa observing a pole dancing class, and in an effort to make herself new and improved, and in her own
Michelle
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Every book is about a journey, but not every journey is the same (if they were all the same, then we would be reading the same book over and over again). Bare Beginner tells the journey of wallflower Alexandra becoming a confident woman. Her story is about learning how to feel comfortable in her own skin, despite the imperfections, and become fearless to chase what she wants. I truly enjoyed this book and cannot wait to continue the series!

Alexandra suffered a freak accident as a young woman tha
Katie(babs)
Dec 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Bare Beginner by S.G. Lovell is the first book in the Pole Dance series. It has a very interesting concept with the heroine who takes a pole dancing class to build up her self-esteem, including a sweet romance that most contemporary romance readers (who enjoy a big city setting) will enjoy.

Lexa is more or less a hermit. She doesn’t go out that much, or isn’t that sociable. Her parents are very overbearing and protective and want Lexa to come home so they can take care of her. She experienced a b
Hillary
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Bare Beginner (Pole Dance Book 1)

by S.G. Lovell

4 Stars

The story of Alexandra and Jack is a fresh take on blossoming woman falls for "perfect" guy.

Alexandra hasn't had life easy. Yes, she comes from a loving family, but an event early on in her adulthood stops her from reaching her full potential as a woman. Enter, the ABC's of sexiness in a beginners pole dancing class. Lexa works to take back control of her confidence and finally become the woman she was meant to be. Jack suddenly becomes part
Deborah
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Second Time You" was a really great story with insightful lessons on realizing your own self-worth smartly wrapped in a cute, grin-until-it-hurts love story. Jack's love and pursuit of Lexa was A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E. It was difficult at times to be sympathetic toward Alexa because her self-doubt was near constant which got repetitious and irritating. But, her sporadic bursts of backbone coupled with some great supporting characters and a sweet love story made this a very enjoyable read.
Gabriela Scheinberg
Sep 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I think this book had a lovely plot but I just did not feel the connection with the characters. It was enjoyable and sweet...
Jamie Roberts
Dec 26, 2015
Susan
Dec 26, 2015

• Ask Me Again
  • Twice the Temptation (The Temptresses, #1)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
  • Playing the Playboy (Heirs of Damon, #2)
  • Hidden (Hiding from Love, #3)
  • Temptation (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • The Gloaming
  • The Alex Chronicles: What My Friends Don't Know [Part One]
  • A Bit of Bite
  • Ember's Fire
  • Born to Drum: The Truth About the World's Greatest Drummers--from John Bonham and Keith Moon to Sheila E. and Dave Grohl
  • Release Me (Midwest, #1)
  • Very Wicked Things (Briarwood Academy, #2)
  • Overwhelmed by You (Tear Asunder, #2)
  • Kevin My Military Man
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • The Billionaire's Adventurous Mistress (Bold, Alaskan Men, #4)
S.G. Lovell is a stay at home mum, wife, and independent author.

She loves winter in Queensland, mind puzzles, and serene places.

Her five-headed, single-tailed family is a multicultural fusion of European, Middle Eastern, and Australian influences. Her background is equal parts computer science and competitive athletics.

She writes to counterbalance her busy family life. Sequestered in her home offi

Pole Dance (2 books)
  • Big Sweet Love (Pole Dance, #2)