Start by marking “Falling for Her Captor” as Want to Read:
Falling for Her Captor

Falling for Her Captor

"Set me free. Say I escaped, or that you never found me."

Kidnapped heiress Lady Aline of Leavingham has surrendered any hope of rescue when a mysterious figure casts her assailant aside. But it's soon clear Aline's savior has no intention of setting her free—he's sworn to deliver her to the Duke of Roxholm, her family's enemy!

Sir Hugh of Eardham has never seen anything q
Published October 3rd 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Falling for Her Captor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for Her Captor

Romanticamente Fantasy
4.5 - Voto
"Ignorando l’ordine di Sir Hugh, Aline non era salita sul carro. Era rimasta ad assistere inorridita all’attacco del lupo. Impietrito dalla paura, Jack era rimasto fermo a piagnucolare, ma poi il grido di dolore di Sir Hugh aveva spezzato lo stato di paralisi in cui i due uomini erano piombati. Mentre Jack brandiva il coltello usato per disossare senza avere il coraggio di usarlo, Aline aveva raccolto la balestra. Respirando lentamente per mantenere la calma, aveva preso la mira e sco
Walter White
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having never read a Mills & Boon before this book was a revelation. I was gripped from the start. There are enough historical references to whisk you back in time to travel with the heroine on her enforced journey, falling for her captor along the way. Aline and Sir Hugh's characters are well developed and you find yourself sympathising with both as their romance evolves. This book ticks all the right boxes of a fantastic historical romance novel.Thoroughly recommended!
Marguerite Kaye
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to read this in the early stages, when it was entered in the Harlequin So You Think You Can Write competition, and it stood out a mile then, so I was really pleased to see that it had been picked up and published. The finished book is obviously more polished, but it retains what made it stand out for me in the first place, a distinctive voice, and a fantastic sense of place and time (even if the 'place' is an imagined country!).

Aline is the kind of heroine I love to read abou
Crystal
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I won this book in Goodread's first reads giveaway.
This book was very much a page turner for me,I am glad that I won it.I myself have a fondness dark-haired breaded heroes with blue eyes.
I love both Aline's and Hugh's fighting spirit.My favorite part is when Aline tried to escaped through the woods and Hugh and her wrestled and he put her over his shoulders.
I cant wait to read more from this author.
I let my sister borrow to this to read and I would also recommend this book to anyone else who lik
Cathy Skendrovich
I read this book in its first stages and was captivated by the romance as well as by its plot. Now that it is published, I can say this version is wonderful. A feisty heroine, a drop-dead gorgeous hero, a nastier-than-real-life villain, and sweeping scenery make this a must-read for all historical romance readers. The author's descriptions of the characters' emotions as well as the plot and setting make it easy for the reader to become immersed in this medieval world. It would be a shame to miss ...more
Artemis
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Get ready for a whirlwind romance! Full of adventure, sword fights, bravery and surprises this book is bound to be a page turner. I loved the characters and even the villain was well written.

"Above the shouts and boos he heard his name: one female voice full of despair that chilled Hugh to the bone.

Aline!"

Karen
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-and-b, first-reads
The heiress to the Five Lands Lady Aline of Leavingham is kidnapped and delivered into the hands of the Duke Of Roxholm by his hated cousin, Sir Hugh of Eardham. "Falling For Her Captor" tells how Aline and Hugh overcome the odds to be together.

One of the things I liked most about the book was also perhaps the thing that I liked least. What I mean by this is the setting. Because it was not set in a particular country or in a clearly-defined time period the book almost read more like a fantasy no
Trenchologist
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This really had its moments and kept a brisk plot but the "I love you / I'm angry go away" push-pull was heavily overworked and got tiresome around the 3/4 mark. The action got very repetitive as well-- similar push-pull-- so most of the emotional impact of the book came from his 'oh noes!' thoughts and her 'oh noes!' thoughts, even after they'd covered that ground, which caused me to skim. But the emotional impact was mostly good and spot on, so that aside there were good heart-swoopy moments t ...more
SuperWendy
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a solid debut, but was definitely a second half read for me. Once the heroine saves the hero's life, and the villain comes on page - is when things start to heat up. Nice, creepy villain who managed to not be too-over-the-top for me. I also really enjoyed seeing a heroine in a position of power for a change - and her having to make tough decisions towards the end really elevated this read for me. I love historical romance, but by it's very nature we see a lot of books with skewered powe ...more
Emma Moyle
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aline is a refreshing Romance heroine - a strong female character I could believe in. Sir Hugh also ticks all the boxes! The plot rips along, contains nice touches of humour and leaves you very much rooting for the central love affair. The attention to detail means that the world of Leavingham and Roxholm is very plausible. I LOVED this novel and would happily read more by this author.
Jen Banks
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! There's nothing quite like a good romance to pass an autumnal Saturday, and this had everything I wanted. Strong heroine, handsome man, big castle... *ahem* Really well written. Thoroughly entertaining novel.
Mymyworm
Une très bonne première partie pour cette romance du Moyen Age avec une héroïne qui va voler la vedette au final!

Ma chronique : http://songedunenuitdete.com/2015/10/...
Megan
This book started put with so much promise, but quickly went downhill.

The hero, Sir Hugh, is not honorable even though the author claims he is over and over. Sounds like she is trying to convince herself rather than the reader. Turns out Hugh is also stupid. This doesn't help as the heroine, Lady Aline, is stupid and weak herself.

Top that off with modern descriptions and sensibilities and a lack of romance and chemistry earned 2 stars from me.
Stephanie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, "Falling For Her Captor" was a fun, quick medieval read. I did not enjoy the constant back and forth conflict between the h and H - why make their relationship so complicated? The front cover heroine looks quite a bit like actress Rachel McAdams.
Ameraude
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Csillagot sem érdemel, borzalmas volt.
Ez az első könyvem az írónőtől de egyben az utolsó is.
Maura
Andie Brock
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this debut novel by Elisabeth Hobbes. Aline is a fantastic heroine, gutsy and determined, I was rooting for her right from the start. Sir Hugh is the perfect match for her - bound by honour and tested to his limits!
Fast paced and refreshingly gritty in places, I loved the historical attention to detail that really brought the story alive. Loads of emotional tension between the two of them keep you turning the pages and the ending is both heartfelt and satisfying. Highly reco
Jamie
Feb 23, 2019
Nicole Locke
May 02, 2018
Everalice
rated it did not like it
Nov 29, 2017
Shirley Ellis
It took me a while to get around to reading this book as i'm not an avid Mills & Boon/ romance reader by any means. However, once i set myself the time to try it (as a friend of my daughter is the author & i felt i should give it my genuine attention) i was lost in the story of the characters & the ups and downs if the traumas and joys that unfold as it progresses.
Well written, i really enjoyed it.
Lynn Helton
Feb 02, 2017
Rachel Marlin
Dec 06, 2018
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 04, 2015 09:13AM
  • Unveiling Lady Clare (Knights of Champagne #2)
  • In Debt to the Enemy Lord (Lovers and Legends, #4)
  • Never Trust a Rebel
  • The Innocent and the Outlaw (Outlaws of the Wild West #1)
  • A Debt Paid in Marriage (Business of Marriage #1)
  • Salvation in the Sheriff's Kiss (Salvation Falls, #2)
  • Portrait of a Scandal
  • Bride by Mail (Wild West Weddings #1)
  • Married to Her Enemy
  • Running Wolf
  • Taming the Wolf (de Burgh, #1)
  • Strangers at the Altar
  • Sequins and Spurs
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
Author for Harlequin Historical.
Falling For Her Captor October 2014
A Wager for the Widow July 2015
The Blacksmith's Wife May 2016
The Saxon Outlaw's Revenge December 2016
Redeeming the Rogue Knight August 2017

I grew up in York where I spent most of my teenage years wandering around the city looking for a handsome Roman or Viking to sweep me off my feet. Sadly it never happened but I developed a love