Start by marking “Edge of Darkness (2nd Freak House #3)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Darkness (2nd Freak House #3)

Edge of Darkness

(The 2nd Freak House Trilogy #3)

Past secrets have come back to haunt the residents of Freak House and their visitors. With the help of a 300 year-old ghost, Charity, Samuel and their friends peel back the layers of lies and deception to reveal the terrible events of 1867 that changed everything. At the heart of it all is a page of spells and two missing men.

But as they draw closer to answers, Charity pus
ebook
Published September 2014 by Oz Books

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Darkness

Linda Collings
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
yay it's finished lovely ending
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
This was amazingly cute. Several plot twists at the end. The abuse and PTSD was once again handled with care. Just brilliant
Andra Shaw
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good end to FH 2 book 2

A good ending to this installment of the Freak House Trilogies. We know more intrigue will ensue in future books....and I miss Bollard too....and there is much to look forward to. The mystery of the ruins remains and Myers...what's up with that evil dude... as well as needing some resolution of Sylvia and Tommy's relationship. I like Cara is being given a prominent place in the storyline and look forward to seeing her gift further legitimized as she is as smart as she is
Veronica A Pitts
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed This Story

This story is packed with a lot of issues that arrives. Such as things missing. Also people end up hypnotized and asked to kill someone.
Oh there is a shooting. Many things happen in this book.
Sue Howell
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of predictable

While I liked the book, I felt it was very predictable. You could tell what would happen next way too easily. But it was an easy read and I will read the next series.
April Moser
I am a big C. J. Archer fan but I was not a fan of this one. I skipped the 2nd book all together and bought the 3rd one just to see how it ended because, the one good thing that I can say about this series is that, I did become attached to th he characters.
Sarah Battease
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I like all of C. J. Archer's books that I've read. They are entertaining, quick reads. No, the characters (women especially) do not act like typical Victorians. However, magic wasn't really around then either, so I think a little artistic license should be allowed.
Sabrina
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series. However, in an earlier review of mine with respect to the first trilogy, I had stated that each trilogy could be a stand alone. I now retract that statement. You really should read these in order. I am finding that Trilogies 2 & 3 keep making references to the previous books. I originally started reading Cara's story (the Third Trilogy) & realized that I was getting only half the story. I love each heroine, too. They are quite different from each other, ...more
L. C.
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing but love for this story.

This is more of a YA book series. (Yound Adult)
Let me begin by saying I came across one of C.J. Archer's books while looking for bargains. Wow! What a great find! Instantly fell in love with her writing style and her stories. Very different from what I'm use to reading; her skill to keeping the story engaging, interesting and intriguing is one of the best I've seen in a while.
Now, back to the main review... this book was a great ending to the 2nd Freak House Trilo
Amy Hughes
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read and an adept story-teller...but...

It's very discouraging when an excellent story teller is so woefully ignorant of correct grammar and syntax. Can't help cringing after many years of English when I read a sentence such as"...the demon gave it to me and Owen..."!! Yikes! I know they don't teach English grammar any more but surely an editor could catch these kinds of mistakes. And there were many.
Cindy Cunningham
Trilogys not always needed

I do enjoy the writing of these Freak House romances, but I do wonder if they are not stretched a bit thin by weaving the action over three books. The plot begins to get a little wacky and predictable at the same time. If you like very clean romance with Victorian elements and surprising relationships (LGBT for example) and you like reading about the paranormal, I do think you will like this book.
Regina
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Edge of Darkness was, by far, my favorite in the second Freak House series. I have to catch up with C.J.'s third Freak House series now even though I've started her Ministry of Curiosities series already. Review on the blog soon!
Trulee Goble
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm glad it ended happily. The heroine's struggle to overcome her fear seemed not to flow as smoothly as it could have, but I'm glad she managed it.
Jessica Vergara
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I really enjoyed this very much. I love the characters so much in all of the freak house novels. Getting geared up for the next one.
Brandie Lockard
Mar 30, 2019
Pam A Mills
Jun 29, 2017
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 11:55AM
  • Whisper (Whisper Trilogy, #1)
  • The BEWITCHED Box Set
  • Darlings of Sci-Fi
  • Theriac (Emanations #2.5)
  • Abraham's Men (Birch Harbor, #2)
  • Make Me Whole (Isle of the Forgotten, #2.5)
  • The Jane Austen BBC Radio Drama Collection: Six BBC Radio full-cast dramatisations
  • The Awakening (Witch Hunter Saga #4)
  • Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Saga, #2)
  • Entangled (The Transformed, #9)
  • Alice and the Brain Guzzler
  • Knavery (Ripple, #6)
  • The Ghost In My Bedroom
  • The Mage Storms (a Valdemar Omnibus) (The Mage Storms, #1-3)
  • Dream Reunion (Dream, #6)
  • A Duel of Evils (Raven's Shadow #3.5)
  • Dead Demon Walking (Whisperings, #3)
  • Mistress of the Stone
C.J. Archer has loved history and books for as long as she can remember and feels fortunate that she found a way to combine the two. She spent her early childhood in the dramatic beauty of outback Queensland, Australia, but now lives in suburban Melbourne with her husband, two children and a mischievous black & white cat named Coco.

While she has written historical romance in the past, she now

The 2nd Freak House Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Memory Keeper (The 2nd Freak House Trilogy #1)
  • Seared With Scars (The 2nd Freak House Trilogy #2)