Start by marking “Lily of the Valley (Flowering, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Lily of the Valley (Flowering, #1.5)

Lily of the Valley

(Flowering #1.5)

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ISBN-10: 1492216690 (ISBN-13: 978-1492216698).

This isn't a sweet and innocent coming of age story. If dirty talk, bedroom toys, and threesomes offend you... this is not your book. There are also no billionaires, strippers, or virgins. This is just the story of typical college kids trying to connect to each other.

"No
Published September 2nd 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Lily of the Valley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lily of the Valley

Mariℓina
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I haven't read the first book in the series yet, but this one made it sure that i will. Not because i fell in love with the story or the characters, no, not even close but just to try and find the parts that were missing from this one.

I'm in a very awkward position right now. Although the plot is very good and the writing is also fine, the tampered "realism" made me gag. I wanted to lose my self in Jack's story and that would have worked if it wasn't so disjointed and forced.

I'm all for realism
Danni
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Jack in the first one this book made me love him even more in this one. To see how his relationship was with Alana was something else and I can totally see her and Dave having a book. When Jake talked about the snowmen he made and the flashback he had when the teachers talked about it brought me to tears. I saw that it was going to be a book 2 but it had the same synopsis as this one did so I'm a little confused. I'm also hoping that book 2 is still Jake/Lily because their story is not f ...more
K.M. Dylan
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
FIVE STAR REVIEW: RAW, EROTIC AND AMAZING!

Raw, erotic and amazing!!

I used to think that the erotic life was the province of the rich, or at least the fairly well off. How can you think about being beautiful, sensual and naughty when you're scrounging for your next meal? But Sarah Daltry, Author has dispelled that notion for me as her protagonist Jack is so sexy and yet very much from the wrong side of the tracks. For him, sex is a form of exorcism of the pain bubbling in his soul. And the sex is
Rachel Raithby
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've read Forget Me Not, then you have already fell in love with Jack, I didn't think it was possible to love him even more, but YES IT IS! Oh Jack!!!

Jack may be the ultimate bad boy, with his tattoos, piercings and sex god moves but he is also damaged. Jack's had a hard life, and on the inside of his hard confident exterior is a vulnerable, heart broken boy. Sarah has done a brilliant job of capturing Jack's feelings, making your heart break for him as you read him struggle to deal with th
Beach Mama
sexy couple photo: sexy couple 008s050tXVm-3.jpg
I love how this book shows the honest side of the reality of depression and suicidal thoughts. So many books gloss over life's ultimate pain. Jack is a beyond sexy, tattooed bad boy, but his lack of self worth and feeling cursed by his past is really depressing and it made it hard to make it through this book.
Lily's life story isn't told in detail in this book and I would have loved to learn more about her.
The sexual chemistry between Lily and Jack was off the charts and the sex was even hotte
Reading in Black & White
If you want to read a book about sex, and I mean a lot of it, then Lily of the Valley is the book for you! And, if you want a book that outside of the sex that is quite emotional, then Lily of the Valley is the book for you! Jack’s story is quite sad and heartbreaking. Throughout the pages of the book, we see that he is actually more than just a sex-crazed young man and there is truly something deep stirring in his soul. Sections of the book are dirty and sleazy, but it is worth a read!

MY RATING
Tia
Oct 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe if I had read the 1st book I would have enjoyed this one more, but I'm going to go with it's just not my style - but maybe it's yours. Lots of sex! Now that's not always a bad thing but sometimes you need more of a storyline & the rest was depressing. Not that life isn't sometimes just sh*t...I personally just need a little more happy.
Sandra Love
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can say this. I love jack. He's a broken man and he finds lily. I love his POV. Some parts broke my heart. I love the way this was written. Love all the characters. I can't wait to see what Sarah has next. :-) highly recommend
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Lily of the Valley is one of those books that just didn't deliver for me. There is a lot of sex, which can be okay, but the sex was only almost good to read. It was the kind of thing I enjoy and if it would have just been a little better, a little longer, not so rushed I would have written this down as an all sex book and not minded it. Instead it was lacking for me, even though it is the kind of thing I do enjoy reading. As I said it was a little rushed so I felt like it wasn't as good as it co ...more
J
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really torn how to rate this book. The subject matter makes you want to really like it. Jack is a college student who is terribly depressed. He witnessed his father kill his mother. His father is now in prison but Jack hates him and is resisting his grandmother's attempts for some kind of reconciliation. Jack has only a few friends, including Alana who is his confidant, sometime sexual partner. He hates his life, has very dark thoughts and even once tried to kill himself.

Enter Lily. Another
Robin Christofaro
Let me begin by saying that I read and reviewed Book 1 of this series, Forget Me Not, not long ago. After reading all of the reviews on it, I was so excited to read it. But something was missing for me. Don't get me wrong, it was a good book. I liked it, but I wanted to love it. I gave it 3.5 stars out of 5. When I got the chance to read this book, Lily of the Valley, I couldn't wait. Something about Book 1 nagged at me, telling me that I should have given it more of a chance. Well, here was my ...more
KJ
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not an easy read but I loved it just the same - there was a lot of sex but it's been known as a coping mechanism so no surprise there - I haven't read Forget me not and might do so in the future to know Lily's story but I don't feel it's necessary. I think he saw in her the light and I'm glad he's not seeing her as his cure to depression, he's smart enough to know there is no cure -
I didn't like the grandmother and the pressure she put on him to visit/support his father that really pissed me of
Bridgette South
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was gifted to me by the author through amazon for an honest review as a part of a blog tour….

Lily of the Valley is the same story as Forget me now, only it is in the perspective if Jack instead of Lily. I loved getting to go on a wander through Jack’s mind!! Learning about Jack’s family and how much of a bad boy he is and why? He comes from a dysfunctional family, dad incarcerated, watched his mom die, and all of this leading up to his deep dark past. Meeting Lily puts light into his l
Victoria Ashley
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book a lot. Once I started it, I had a hard time putting it down so I could sleep. Everything about Jack just drew me into the story more. He was so full of pain and I just love it how he wasn't afraid to cry and break down. Everything about him seemed so real and I'm sure there are a lot of others that carry his same pain and it makes it heartbreaking. Not only was this book heartbreaking at points, but it was hot. I was very surprised by a few scenes in this book, but tha ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
WOW HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay enough of the crazies but holy cow mother lover I absolutely loved Jack's POV. He is such a tortured soul with a heart. How can he have come from what he did and experienced what he did with his tragic past and still have a heart? Man when he sees Lily she does something to him and he is not sure what it is and why but she makes him want to be someone other than who he is.

This is Jack's POV and man what a treat we get when we delve into his mind and his h
Victoria
Mar 04, 2014 marked it as own-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, na-ya
Reading Order Note: Forget Me Not, Lily of the Valley, and Blue Rose can be read in any order. There is some crossover in scenes, but each stands alone as one character's story. Star of Bethlehem is a direct continuation from Forget Me Not and Lily of the Valley. Orange Blossom and Ambrosia will assume readers have read the other four titles and read as sequels. In essence, the first three are #1, Star of Bethlehem is #1.5, Orange Blossom is #2, and Ambrosia is #3.
Amanda
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just loved reading Jacks pov! It was a wonderful story! I did not think it was possible to feel in love with Jack more but I did! Jack story shows that you can't let your past define who you are. It shows that even if you feel unloveable you are. Lily seen the good in Jack not matter what he told her. It was a heartwarming story. See the internal struggle that Jack faced everyday was sad, but seeing him get through was great! Thanks Sarah for a wonderful story! Looking for more books! <3
Marina Skinner
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!!Absolutely loved Jacks POV!!! What a heart wrenching read! He's such a tortured soul, you just can't help falling in love with him!!
Beckey
Review will be live over on my blog in August
Debbie
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book so much, I couldn't put it down. A definite must read. You'll just LOVE Jack ;)
Kim Person
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily of the Valley totally .....

I read Lily's POV in Forget Me Not which I completely ADORED but what Sarah did with Jack's POV was amazing! You certainly don't have to read Forget Me Not first you can read Lily of the Valley beforehand but I recommend that you read Forget Me Not so when you get to Jack's POV you will fully grasp the differences he refers to between him & Lily. Jack is in college & he plays in a band so you know me....

yes I was totally doing that BUT this book is SO far
Nancy
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ya know that book hangover feeling you have when you finish a really good book? It's when you finish a book and you know the characters really well and you're afraid to read another book because it won't grab you like the one you just read. Well, I had that.
I really related to both of the main characters in this book. Lily is me in college. I was that blond who had it easy growing up and my education was pretty much handed to me. But, I also really related to Jack because I suffer from depressio
Jeannie Zelos
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily of the Valley. Sarah Daltry
Arc supplied by author.
I read the first book and just loved Jack, so was really pleased to read the story from his point of view. This book starts with Jack in his dorm room, unloading his stuff, then he goes to the café where he works, and we meet some of the staff who are such an important support for him, and who we see at intervals throughout the book. Jack's a year older than Lily, and already has the basic college routine set out. When he meets her she epi
Ariana *mommy's late night book-up*
Love Love LOVE this book.

5 stars!!!

'Lily of the Valley' really surprised me with just how much I loved it! I often find books which are a re-telling of the first book in the other character's POV to be quite repetitive as it can feel like you are reading the same exact book at times. This was NOT the case with 'Lily of the Valley'... not at all! It almost felt like I was reading a whole different story. In the first book, 'Forget Me Not', I was aching to know what was going on inside Jack's hea
Laura Greenwood
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

Lily of the Valley takes place on parallel with Forget Me Not, as part of the Flowering series. Lily of the Valley shows the same series of events, starting with moving in day, and up to Christmas, though it does go slightly further than Forget Me Not in that it shows Lily and Jack's Christmas. The main difference is that this book is from Jack's point of view, following his past, feelings and emotions.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon
books are love
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a emotional investing amazingly written story of Jack that will have you wanting to hold him until he feels loved and wanted. A wonderful read. I will warn as I always do when there is a considerable amount of sexual content that this book contains sexual content and in the case of Jack it helps us understand where he is at. He feels this is where he is most desired. I don't think that is true he has so many other wonderful qualities that he hides behind his pain but to him that is what ...more
Yuri Bellamy
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This book is emotionally complex, tragic, and compelling - a satisfying read for the right reader.

I don't usually read non-suspense contemporaries or NA novels, but a friend brought this author to my attention and I'm glad I decided to give Lily of the Valley a try. This novel and several other novels by Sarah Daltry are only 99 cents on Amazon at the time of this review, and I felt Lily of the Valley was well worth the price.

Other Comments:

I was impressed with this book because it contains a c
Alina Popescu
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack's perspective makes for a darker, grittier read, there's more angst and there's a lot of pain. I loved seeing everything through his eyes, the book gave more depth to all characters, Lily, Jack, and Alana. It is a journey through the soul of a man who watched his father kill his drug addict mother in front of him at a very early age, and then had to deal with the cruelty of the world as they picked on him and bullied him for being the son of his parents, as well as poor.

Jack grew up by goin
Sue
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I seriously need a drink and some chocolate...something...anything to pick me up off the floor. When I read Forget Me Not, my first thoughts were Jack and Alana totally made that book worth reading...because I hated Derek and with Lily, they were boring.
Now THIS book...OMG...I wanted to cry a few times and yell at them all as well, but reading the story from Jack's POV was definitely an eye opener and it was a heartbreaker.
My problem with this book was TOO much...too much booze, too much sex (an
Michelle
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book in this series Forget Me Not and I was totally hooked. I completely fell for Jack. I just love his story. I love bad boys and it's even better when it's a bad boy that wants so much to be good.

When I read Forget Me Not I was so upset with the quick, cliffhanger ending. I was so happy to find out there was another installment coming up rather quickly and when it was released early I was in heaven!

Lily of the Valley is told from Jack's perspective. I have never read a story a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Blindness
  • Rescue Me
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • No Apologies
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
  • Risk the Night
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • This Love (University of Branton, #1)
  • Limits (Silver Strand, #3)
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Tangled
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Wicked Thing
  • Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity #2)

Flowering (3 books)
  • Her Brother's Best Friend (Flowering, #0.5)
  • Forget Me Not (Flowering, #1.1)
  • Blue Rose (Flowering, #1.3)
“Normal is a state of mind. No one’s as picture perfect as they look. Some just cover the cracks better.” 1 likes