Start by marking “The Case of the Missing Message (Brains Benton Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Missing Message (Brains Benton Mystery, #1)

The Case of the Missing Message (Brains Benton Mystery #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The kangaroos have escaped! This secret code message spells trouble for Brains Benton and Jimmy Carson and leads them down a trail that involves a circus clown, a real live performing elephant, a fortune-teller, a tightrope walker, and a very pesky parrot. All clues seem to point toward a secret message which could bring the boys' new friend Skeets Fenton into his proper i ...more
Published 1959 by Western Publishing Company, Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Missing Message, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Missing Message

Harini Srinivasan
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, adventure
I loved this book as a kid. Colourful characters and fast-paced story! Wish I could get hold of a copy to see if it is as good as I remember, but it seems to be out of print. Could some publisher please resurrect it?
Jenn
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fun read!!
Carole
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Found this book while cleaning out the bookcases at 109. A skinny book with large print. Of course, I grew up liking all the female mystery books so I sat down later and quickly got caught up in this little book. The author was very good with his writing and humor. The book was a "Brains Benton Mystery" book. The author used his real name for this book but after that he used another name, which I cannot recall at this moment. Then another person started to write for him but he didn't like the wa ...more
Mike
Nov 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: misc-fiction
The Brains Benton series is for kids. I read all six in the series when I was a young boy. Loved them! It's a mystery series intended for boys. If you have an eight year old boy in your life that likes to read or likes to be read to, I recommend these.
Dave
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not great literature, but wonderful for a summer day. I saw this series compared to The Mad Scientists' Club books, and while they don't seem to be quite that good, they have a similar feel. Plus, this one has an elephant, a trapeze artist, and a secret hidden message.
Johnny Archer
These were my favorite books of all times when I was a boy. I got the Stolen Dummy for Christmas when I was about 14 and read it in one night. Loved this series both by Verral and George Wyatt!
Brent
Erika
Mar 15, 2014
Kurt
Jul 06, 2017

Brains Benton Mystery (6 books)
  • The Case of the Counterfeit Coin (Brains Benton Mystery #2)
  • The Case Of The Stolen Dummy (Brains Benton Mystery #3)
  • The Case of the Roving Rolls (Brains Benton #4)
  • The Case Of The Waltzing Mouse (Brains Benton #5)
  • The Case Of The Painted Dragon (Brains Benton Mystery #6)