Start by marking “The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up: Tips for Rope Bondage Bottoms” as Want to Read:
The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up: Tips for Rope Bondage Bottoms

The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up: Tips for Rope Bondage Bottoms

The first-ever full-length guide to getting tied up, from bedroom play to advanced suspensions. You'll learn all about finding the right rope partner, types of rope scenes, avoiding injuries, pain processing, and the 7 Helpful Skills of Rope Bottoming, including Mindfulness, Being Prepared, and Communicating With Your Rope Top. You'll also learn how to evaluate a suspensio ...more
Published August 20th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up

Start your review of The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up: Tips for Rope Bondage Bottoms
BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This book is a quick read and enjoyable. It's enjoyable because it feels as if it Ms. Vane is sitting next to the reader helping them explore the world of rope bondage. For those who don't have readily access to classes or mentors in rope play, this is the book for you. I'm impressed with the little nuggets of information Ms. Vane packages up in easy to understand pieces. Most of this book is a repeat of information for me since I've attended several classes and experienced both suspension and s ...more
Jessica
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up (Including Suspensions) by Evie Vane was given to me as a read for review copy from the author through the BDSM group on GoodReads~

Personally I am new to the entire idea of BDSM and being tied up (or being a rope bottom). I wanted to give this book a read with the hopes of getting an idea of rope play. And I got just that. This book is both well written and incredibly informational.

It starts out with an Author's Note and Disclaimer explaining a little about
Laru
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm-group-r2r
THIS BOOK IS AWESOME...recommended for those interested in ropework (top and bottom) but mainly for bottom (the one getting tied up) because this book is mainly from the bottoms point of view eg: types of rope scenes, how to find a rope Top (person tying u up), precautions, mental preperations and so on.

This book has probably the best introductions for ropework.
It also comes with some beautiful illustrations (pictures), and also giving good examples/reference according to the content.

It also
Deborahanndilley
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kink-bdsm
even if you are or are not into the scene, this was absolutely fascinating. It also shows that I have very strange & non-conventional work related reading topics.
Salima Queen
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This book was fantastic. A must read for those who are rope bottoms. I am not in the BDSM scene, only a voyeur who fantasizes about these things. I have read about shabari and wanted my husband to quickly take classes in this, as I thought it was a beautiful display of being submissive and being tied up. I assumed it was up to my rope topper to ensure that all my needs were met.

Boy was I wrong, after reading this book, I felt empowered and knowledgeable as to the things one needed to do to ensu
Oscar Rodriguez
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
For anyone interested in what a rope bottom is or does, this is a good yet light choice to start. It goes through the important aspects of how to always take a safe approach when doing rope, compatibility, different kinks and dynamics, and also how to maintain a safe and sane exploration throughout.
Dylan Conroy
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book because I like and love bondage and bdsm and being tied up
Alice Hazdun
Sep 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
Maybe this stuff just doesn't translate well into books? ...more
Willie Vigil, Jr.
Informative and a must read

Very informative and a great beginners guide. Lots of references and examples drawn from the authors personal experiences. A must read for experienced and novices alike.
Angie
Aug 06, 2017
Kayla
Feb 13, 2018
Mozkar Lozada
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2017

• The Chaos of Longing
  • Die andere Beziehung: Polyamorie und philosophische Praxis
  • Nocturnal
  • Sun x Moon
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Why Love Hurts: A Sociological Explanation
  • Survival of the Thickest
  • The (New and Improved) Loving Dominant
  • Playing Well with Others: Your Field Guide to Discovering, Exploring and Navigating the Kink, Leather and Bdsm Communities
Evie Vane is a rope performer, a bondage model, and an educator who has worked with some of the top rope artists worldwide. In addition to teaching and writing about bondage bottoming, Evie co-hosts bondage parties and other events in San Francisco. Find out more at RopeBottoming.com and RealLife50ShadesofGrey.com.

News & Interviews