Start by marking “The Millionaire Next Door (Family Ties Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Millionaire Next Door (Family Ties Book 1)

The Millionaire Next Door (Family Ties Book 1)

A woman afraid to trust.
Sacha Prentiss is not interested in men and family are not on her list of priorities. Both seem too damn hard after she catches her now ex-husband in bed with her younger sister and besides, running your own company takes a lot of time.
Meeting up with the sexy guy next door, and unable to forget him, disrupts her workaholic life, so when he tries
Published May 27th 2014 by Cheryl Phipps (first published February 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Millionaire Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Millionaire Next Door

Start your review of The Millionaire Next Door (Family Ties Book 1)
Larisa
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Slow

It was weirdly written, had a a hard time getting over all the commas and what seemed to be unnecessary explanations.
John Presler
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sacha Prentiss is an interior designer in partnership with Sam, an architect and the friend who helped her recover after her divorce.

Lucas Marshall is a businessman who needs to completely re-design and decorate a home he has bought to accommodate his invalid sister. The time restraints make it imperative that the work start immediately.

Lucas is also house-sitting for his cousin, Jeremy and Jeremy’s partner, Keith while they take some time away. On the first morning in Jeremy’s house, Lucas rea
Jinx
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sacha is a 29 year old divorcee with her own interior design company, life is pretty good for Sacha when we meet her, and then came Lucas! Lucas is a wealthy man devoted to his family upon setting eyes on Sacha he falls for her, but all isn't smooth sailing and they both come close to walking away. But love conquers all and we get our HEA.

I liked this book but I didn't love it, the story was good but it lacked in chemistry between the stars of the book. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maheswari
May 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
1 Stars
It’s not for me
This book just don’t do it
What with the interaction between h&H utterly cant get me stick to the book
Even the ending was kind of making me giving expressions “ say whatttttt “

So basically the 1 Stars just to the fact is a freeby
Tanya
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Predictable and couldn't really understand the attraction with the main characters. ...more
T.M. Davis
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down

The story line was amazing and i had trouble putting the book down so i could sleep. There were very few grammatical issues and at one point the author switched the names of Maddie and Larrisa around which made it confusing a bit but other then that it was a really good read and i would recommend this book of you like the arrogant guy humble girl style of books.
Meya
poppysocks
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

This was an enjoyable read. Sacha has her heart locked up tight and hopes to keep it that way ever since she found her husband and her sister together she walked out and got divorced never to see them again. Lucas is a millionaire who is wanting to get his sister set up in her own home and out of hospital she has been
poorly through cancer for a long time. Sacha meets Lucas when he asks to borrow some milk he is staying at his friends house while they are away a house that Sacha an
Lucille Ford
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Millionaire Next Door: Family Ties

This is another great book to read .when you start reading you are not going to want to put it done . It was really well written . The love between family and friends was very special . It's just a great book . You have to get it and read it and see for yourself . Enjoy
Wendy Vella
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book and easy to read
Lynda
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I really e joyed this book from beginning to end..It's very complicated. And yet it was very good I will highly recommend it...
sophie
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: no
the way this was gonna be a 4 stars but the author fucked it up
Misty
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Love how it was different than so many I have read lately. It was a typical billionaire romance. Thank you!
K B
Jan 01, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. The Millionaire Next Door
4 Stars
I received a free copy of the steamy New Zealand set novel The Millionaire Next Door: The Millionaire Family Ties book one by Cheryl Phipps and this review was given freely.
A bittersweet story of love and reconciliation with a lot of family drama, some twists, and some mildly to medium steamy scenes. Contains the dark undertones of living with cancer, renal failure, mental illness, and substance abuse.

Scarred by the betrayal of her younger sister Larissa and
Belinda
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Sacha does not want to trust again after finding her husband in a compromising position...but along comes Lucas..He is living next door with his cousin while they are on vacation...he comes to borrow milk from Sacha and is struck by her looks than...She is an interior designer and he builds houses...So he hires her to fix a house up for his sister so she will have some place to come after she gets out of the hospital...There are many ups and downs especially when Lucas and Sacha make love the fi ...more
Ms Cat's World
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
8 weeks

Sachs is an interior designer and while her neighbors are on vacation, they allow a cousin, Lucas, to temporarily stay until a cottage he bought is up and running to sustain his sister after she gets released from the hospital after the majority of her cancer treatments have finished.

Lucas is the millionaire in this storyline who is immediately attracted to Sachs and hires her to work on the cottage and other development projects he has in the works. She essentially has 8 weeks to complet
Karen Ingalls
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable light read about a recently divorced woman who reluctantly falls in love with the handsome and very rich man staying at her neighbor's house. At first she resists but the sexual urge and energy is too strong and she relents to her passion. Life becomes complicated when her sister with whom she has not been on speaking terms moves in with her lover's sister. The sister's relationship or lack thereof is resolved in an unusual manner and I am left unconvinced that the sister has truly ...more
Wynns
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting romance. Lucas was very ambivalent in his feelings and behaviour so I could understand why Sacha is so confused. Having said that I was impatient with Sach's overall attitude and her naievity. She too was sending mixed signals. I loved how she stood up for herself and stuck to her principles. The subplot with her sister and Maddie added to the story , gave it some depth. It kept me rivetted when I should have been sleeping. I would certainly recommend this book and this author. ...more
Diana Reeves
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
A little empty

I enjoyed the story but there seemed to be something missing, causing it to feel a bit empty. There was the normal attraction between Lucas and Sasha but I think it was more just lust. They didn’t seem to share too much personal information and tip toed around each other claiming their work kept them too busy for a relationship,
Leigh Goldian
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good story!

This story was very sweet and romantic! I really enjoyed it!
However, there were quite a few spelling and formatting errors that would pull me out of the story. Maybe I’m weird but it made it hard to focus on the story when a new paragraph could start in the middle of a sentence.
anne Halvorson
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Well done

Actually a very good read. Limited sex scenes,almost clean, and a lot of melodrama. It’s been well proof read-not perfect but overall a good job. Poor proofing has become an issue for me recently as it reflects shoddy work. This story was well developed with believable characters in manageable numbers.
Mandi Morgan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Mixed emotions

I am not sure how I feel about this story. At times it was ok, then frustrating, then sweet. I didn't really like her and he was kind of a jerk. Then the ending? Quite unbelievable. The relationship was hardly there for how it ended.
Rosemary Hughes
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brother that needed a date at the last minute, for his sister's wedding. He literally falling over a woman that intrigues him, and proves to be so much more.
A wedding that goes terribly wrong, but a relationship that starts to blossom.
Another excellent read!
Catherine Geist
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book was really fantastic.Thme story was great &) well written.Lucas & Sasha made the come to life & kept your interest.It is not only a great love story ut points that all families have pr.oblems & have to compromise & work together to solve them.
Doylas
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Lucas and Sasha. They were two people who were meant to be together after all they had been through. I cannot wait to read the next book.
Deb
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I felt pulled in too many directions and for the wrong reasons with this one. I felt like I was riding on a pendulum with several of the characters, and it really never came together for me.
Christine Pusateri
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
the characters are down to earth and fun. I loved the family drama it felt real.
LaKenya Robertson-Smith
About time

This book had a very good storyline, but it was too drawn out. Interesting developments but just the wrong way to her someone to try to enjoy this book.
Leona Ezekiel
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Awesome read

This is a great book and I enjoyed the story line until the very end. It tells how life can get so mixed up and love will somehow find a way.
Holidayhabit
This was tedious and the main characters had no chemistry. I also felt the h was weak and the H a steamroller. Life is too short so dnf

• Forever His (In the Dark, #1)
  • In Deep: Chase & Emma (All In, #1)
  • His Many Demands (His Many Demands #1)
  • A Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess, #1)
  • Never Enough
  • My Sinful Nights (Sinful Men, #1)
  • Catching Lightning
  • The Wright Brother
  • Deja Vu
  • Stay The Night Book 1
  • Knocked Up by the CEO (Unexpected, #1)
  • Take Me Home (Last Frontier Lodge, #1)
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Give Me Yesterday
  • Babes and Billionaires: Free Romance Box Set
  • Mr. Big Shot (Mr. Big, #1)
  • The Vow (Manhattan Nights, #1)
  • Wrong Wedding (Convenient Marriages, #4)
Author Bio:
USA Today Best selling author, Cheryl Phipps is a New Zealand author of contemporary romance and women's fiction.
Married for forty plus years (a teenage bride, no less) to her own 'the one', with 3 married children and a handful (or two) of grandchildren, Cheryl loves weaving sensual stories that celebrate love, family and resilience. You’ll discover good friends, a sprinkle of humor,