Start by marking “The Ashes of Worlds (The Saga of Seven Suns, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Ashes of Worlds (The Saga of Seven Suns, #7)

The Ashes of Worlds

(The Saga of Seven Suns #7)

The culminating volume in Kevin J. Anderson's Saga of Seven Suns weaves together the myriad storylines into a spectacular grand finale.Galactic empires clash, elemental beings devastate whole planetary systems, and the factions of humanity are pitted against each other. Heroes rise and enemies make their last stands in the climax of an epic tale seven years in the making. ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Orbit (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Ashes of Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ashes of Worlds

Start your review of The Ashes of Worlds (The Saga of Seven Suns, #7)
D.w.
Sep 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
When reading a series if the Thank Goodness its over becomes the predominant thought, then it is clear something has been wrong with the series. That this series suffers from so many things and that the author handled it so poorly makes this a never again. Ever.

That others feel the same way shows that these opinions are not wrong. As always. Time scale. Sometimes you can from one spot to another in a few hours, traveling in space. Then later it takes weeks.

Further, that pregnancy that lasted fo
Dave  Johnson
Jan 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
Aramis
Aug 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
Why do I feel like I have to finish a series if I start it? This one was not worth it.
Luke
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
As a huge fan of Mr Anderson's work, i must say I thorougly enjoyed this series from start to finish. As i was reading them as they were published, I had about a years wait in between books.

I'd have them pre-ordered six months in advance and read them the second the showed up in the mail.

I must disagree with the majority of the reviewers here and say that I didn't find the story drawn out in the slightest. I though it was well paced, each chapter being a convenient lenght that you could read q
Weenie
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi, library-book
I was a little disappointed with this last book, since the series start was so promising. This just became a little predicatable, I stopped caring for the characters in the end and couldn't wait for the end. Shame.
Rhenda Strub
Aug 13, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was so awful I couldn't stop listening to it.
Tgut
Jun 21, 2010 rated it liked it
A decent space opera, but could've been much better if it wasn't so long & the characters weren't so one dimensional. ...more
Rodeweeks
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Brilliant ending... Loved every moment of the book and the series as a whole. This last one really had me at the tip of my couch and kept me out of sleep for hours. Have been a while since a story had that effect on me. Really excellent
Peter
Aug 29, 2013 rated it liked it
It's over. After a long seven book slog I am very happy to see the Saga of Seven Suns come to a close. The main thoughts I have about this is not how much I enjoyed the ride, or how I loved how the story came to a close. It's my relief that I don't have to pick up the next book. I know what you're thinking. If I didn't like the series then why didn't I simply stop reading after the first book, or after I stopped enjoying the series? Good question.

As a whole, there are probably more things I disl
Razorbak91313
Jul 20, 2010 rated it liked it
This is an interesting series but does take a little work to read. Also, I judge a book on how it is to reread and I found myself skipping many pages and sections due to it being a little too tediuos.
Jane
Mar 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Finally finished! Enjoyed aspects, but got a little sick of the continued introduction of newer, bigger, more formidable enemies. Got a little silly rather than epic.
Lord Nouda
Jun 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Let me just start by saying that this whole series is fucking stupid. The premise behind the overall plot is that every single character is a fucking naive moron, who ignores everything their enemies have ever done and continues to do, refusing to believe they're truly evil, which is why with that selective memory that ignores all facts and common sense they keep repeating the same old mistakes over and over again throughout seven books even though the other side(s) clearly tried and succeeded i ...more
Waraji Sama
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, I've finally finished The Saga of Seven Suns! It's been a long ride, and a good one too. I like that each character was given a final chapter (a few final chapters in a couple of cases) at the end during the denouement for final closure. Some authors like to end as soon as possible, but with there being so many character in the Saga, that would have been a huge disappointment, and I admit, I was a little concerned, but was ultimately pleasantly surprised.

I think the end, the final battles,
Clay
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fitting end to the entire series. It wraps up all the loose threads and (as expected) looks to a bright future for Mankind and the Ildiran race. At the outset, there are four threats to this future: the Klikiss race, the black (Klikiss) robots, the Faeros, and Hansa Chairman Basil Wenceslas. The novel seemed a tad rushed in places to overcome all of these "enemies." However, all ended logically. As Miss Prism says in "The Importance of Being Earnest" about her own three-volume novel: The good ...more
Cearon O'flynn
A struggle to read

After a rather large gap finally read the last book Of the seven suns series. During my time away from the series I have obviously been spoilt by the likes of Peter F Hamilton, Mark Lawrence and Steven Eriksen to name just a few. Unlike in the others works, the characters in this were very one dimensional and doggedly stuck to their main character trait, to the point of ridiculousness. Because of this when any of the characters die, the best responses they got was an "oh" thoug
Alex
Sep 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
As the final installment of the saga, I was hoping for a grand finale with all the threads that were coming together. Instead most were closed with quite boring sequences: the Klikiss and the robots, the chairman, Rusa'h... all of them meh.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have read this fantasy saga, but the big picture has some memorable quality that kept me going. Unfortunately, neither the writing nor the plot evolution was up my alley. I have never skipped so much text while reading a novel, even
Linda
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
“The Ashes of Worlds” (Saga of Seven Suns #7) by Kevin J Anderson. ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Well, it’s finally over. I finished all 7 in the longggggg series. In this last and concluding book, my main thought was ‘Who is he sacrificing next?’ as characters continued to bite the dust. This book finishes the universe-wide saga of the Hanta on Earth, Roamers, Ilarians with their connected minds, Therons with their Worldforest, fiery Faeros, gas planet Hydrogues, buglike Klikiss, watery Wentals, and relentless Black ...more
Thad
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing

Good storyline. That’s about the best I can offer. Throughout the series, the same information was repeated over and over again. Probably could have reduced series by 2-3 books by removing redundant information. So much of the tech was obviously inconsistent (ie. Water put out the Faeros, which works on fire because it drowns oxygen source, but they didn’t go out in the vacuum of space). Chairman Wenceslas’ reign was extended far too long. No population or government would have tole
Paca Sad
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can understand why people struggled with this EPIC and I have to agree with some of the sentiments, it truly became an Epic with perhaps too many antagonists, characters, and plot twists and also the impression after all the epicness this final book tied up too many loose ends too quickly and too conveniently and too damn nicely!
And yet I enjoyed it immensely and wanted to continue along some of the character development lines
Scifimoth
Apr 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
I lost interest in the series in the previous book at the one-step-forward, two-steps-backwards events. I tried to pick it back up with this book after abandoning #6 to finish the series after investing myself enough to completely read the first 5, but the story just could not pull me back in. Essentially, the story outstayed its welcome for me, and it should have been finished in 5 books.
Joanne
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good ending to the series, probably better abridged and I hardly ever say that!. So many factions at times, did enjoy the journey of the main characters throughout. Not sure I'd recommend unless you were out of books and wanted to go on a long space journey. once i start a series i like to finish , so am working my way thru these old series I started.
Gregg Buford
Overall I will give this entire series a three although there some things I didn't like. The ending was not the best but it was a satisfactory ending. Some of the characters I hated throughout the series did not survive which I liked and didn't expect them to really. There were few small surprises but nothing that blew my mind or anything.
Paul Hancock
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A thrilling conclusion to the epic series. In some ways very predictable, but with enough complexity to not be boring or tedious.

All up this was a solid series. The quality of the books was fairly consistent throughout and I never lost interest.
Michael Jarrell
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What can I say? The final installment to "The Saga of Seven Suns" was a roller coaster ride from start to finish! Everything got wrapped up in a very satisfying way and did it without disappointment. KJA hit this one out of the park.
Chris
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi, audio, military, epic
Honestly, I'm just glad this series is done and behind me. I'm not really sure why I stuck it out through this many. The characters just got head-shakingly dumb. The story and events are just mind-numbing.
Amy
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
A very good conclusion to the series.
Bahman Naraghi
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wrapped up all threads, ended mainly happily for all protagonists, but a little too neatly. Great action throughout, though the way he dealt with the Chairman was very unsatisfying.
Scott Bierworth
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice conclusion to an overall enjoyable series.
Julie
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ashes of Worlds

What an excellent ending to the Seven Suns saga. I highly recommend this book and it's author. I can't wait to read what's next from the author.
Craig Robinson
Mar 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
The saga was so bad that only listening to the entire story would let one see how very bad it was, I listened to all books on YouTube and didn't pay for this rubbish....
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Naked God (Night's Dawn, #3)
  • The Engines of God (The Academy #1)
  • The Temporal Void
  • The Reality Dysfunction (Night's Dawn, #1)
  • Hellhole (Hellhole, #1)
  • Century Rain
  • Respawn: Lovers Lost (Respawn, #2)
  • The Dragon's Path (The Dagger and the Coin, #1)
  • The Jealousy of Jalice (A Disaster of Dokojin, #1)
  • Vampire$
  • The Neutronium Alchemist (Night's Dawn, #2)
  • The Scions of Shannara (Heritage of Shannara, #1)
  • The White Luck Warrior (Aspect-Emperor, #2)
  • The Books of the South (The Chronicles of the Black Company, #3.5-5)
  • Mistress of the Empire (The Empire Trilogy, #3)
  • Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days
  • Dark Jenny (Eddie LaCrosse, #3)
Yes, I have a lot of books, and if this is your first visit to my amazon author page, it can be a little overwhelming. If you are new to my work, let me recommend a few titles as good places to start. I love my Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. series, humorous horror/mysteries, which begin with DEATH WARMED OVER. My steampunk fantasy adventures, CLOCKWORK ANGELS and CLOCKWORK LIVES, written with Neil Pear ...more

The Saga of Seven Suns (7 books)
  • Hidden Empire (The Saga of Seven Suns, #1)
  • A Forest of Stars (The Saga of Seven Suns, #2)
  • Horizon Storms (The Saga of Seven Suns, #3)
  • Scattered Suns (The Saga of Seven Suns, #4)
  • Of Fire and Night (The Saga of Seven Suns, #5)
  • Metal Swarm (The Saga of Seven Suns, #6)