Start by marking “Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom: A Colouring Book Adventure” as Want to Read:
Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom: A Colouring Book Adventure

Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom: A Colouring Book Adventure

Colouring-in for adults has recently seen a rise in popularity and in France this calming activity is being used to tackle stress and anxiety. Now you can lose yourself in illustrator Millie Marotta’s world of animals, birds and plants, and create your own beautiful pictures.

Millie Marotta grew up in rural Wales surrounded by plants and animals, and her love for wildlife s
Published August 14th 2014 by Batsford Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom

☼♄Jülie 
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All
Although there is not much reading in this beautiful colouring book, I have gone through every page of it and will spend the next....however long it takes time...colouring it at leisure.
It really is a beautiful book that I know will give many hours of colouring pleasure, and be even more beautiful when it is finished.
 Adriana ♩♪
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was not sure if I should rate this book and I hope no one gets annoyed. Although there is nothing to read on it, there is a lot to see on each page and the amount of detail is phenomenal. I looked at every single page.

The art is very delicate, detailed and captures attention. This book is definitely about mindfulness and de-stressing. I hope the trend of colouring books continues, as I am enjoying my new lovely books.
Sharon
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am huge fan of colouring books and have been for many years. If you love colouring in, animals and designs that will keep you entertained for hours, you should take a look at this book.
Andrea
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads.

I thought a colouring book for adults would be something similar to what my children have but with grown up pictures, but this book is nothing like that, it is amazing, a true work of art. The pictures are just so beautiful that you just want to keep looking at them, even without colouring them in, I actually think that you could put some of them in a frame and hang them on the wall. This would be the perfect Christmas gift, for the person
Lucy Colouring In The Midst Of Madness
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adult colourers
Shelves: colouring
This review is taken from my blog where I review adult colouring books from a mental health perspective https://colouringinthemidstofmadness.... You can find images from inside this book there.

This book is just stunning and packed full of wonderful images of animals and flowers which are my favourite things to colour. Millie has a really unique style of illustrating and while I’ve seen many books and magazines cropping up that attempt to somewhat recreate her style, in my view, they all fall sho
Heather Duff
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Continuing on with my quest to own as many colouring books as it is possible for a 36 year old to own, I bring to you today the beautifully illustrated Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta.

As you know (or may not know) I started my colouring book obsession with Johanna Basford and from her wonderful books I discovered this one and it does not disappoint. Millie grew up in Wales and has been inspired by the natural world very much in her art.

Obviously as you can see from the cover above it is just g
Jana
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Millie Marotta's coloring books are always filled with deeply detailed and intricate drawings, and Animal Kingdom is no different. Each page will take a few hours or more to fill in, so I would suggest either setting aside an evening for coloring or planning to return to a page over a few shorter coloring sessions. Either way, if your goal is entertainment and relaxation, this book will deliver what you're looking for.

Animal Kingdom is, as the title promises, filled with gorgeous illustrations s
Carla Palmeiro
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O meu segundo livro de colorir, e espero que o último, antes que esta moda passe e principalmente também toda a minha animação por colorir.
Vou compará-lo com O Jardim Secreto da Johanna Basford pois é mesmo o meu único termo de comparação. Na minha opinião perde em alguns aspectos mas noutros é consideravelmente melhor.

Uma das minhas principais queixas com O Jardim Secreto foi e continua a ser a qualidade (péssima) do papel. A qualidade do papel deste livro parece-me muito melhor; é mais grosso,
Mili-Literatura pe tocuri
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
O adevarata incantare sa patrunzi in acest taram magic. Terapia prin colorat pentru adulti este benefica si ajuta destul de mult. Pentru alte persoane pare ceva banal si chiar nu le vina sa creada ca exista asa ceva. Ei n-au aflat deocamdata ca este o adevarata placere sa colorezi anumite peisaje.
O recomand tuturor celor care simt nevoia de altceva.
Vanessa Gregoria (Live Eat Colour)
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in colouring
I recently reviewed Animal Kingdom on my blog, Live Eat Colour. Below is part of my review. Find the rest of the review and my completed coloured pages here:

Millie Marotta’s Animal Kingdom was my first colouring book that began my obsession with adult colouring. I received it as a gift from my uncle and it was exactly what I needed to relax and be creative. At the time my baby was only a few months, so this was the only outlet I had when she was sleeping.
Amanda Ellis
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super Gorge
Michael
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
To me this is a colouring book for adults but I was told off for using that description by the friend I gave this to so she could give it a test run. She said it should be described as 'anti-stress art therapy' or 'felt tip yoga', so I'll be addressing that approach during this review (although to me it's still a colouring in book – however intricate).

I hadn't heard about this growing trend which, I understand, started and is really big in France until I listened to an item on the radio about th
Peggy
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intricate illustrations, but the patterns are quite repetitive. So, to avoid boredom, I am not colouring pictures from it back to back.

Paper quality is above average--i.e. better than many on the market.
Rebecca
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
This colouring book is, so far, the most intricate one I have tried and also the most fun! Each page is filled with finely detailed critter, foliage and wildlife drawings with various different lines and shapes to give each element texture. This is perfect for an animal based colouring book because it makes creating fur, layered textures and three dimensional elements appear more realistic. But the fur really was the most impressive.

There are hints throughout which give you ideas about what to
Rike @ RikeRandom
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blogged
Diese und weitere Rezensionen findet ihr auf meinem Blog Anima Libri - Buchseele

In „Fantastische Tierwelt: Ein Ausmalbuch zum Entspannen“, einem von zwei Malbüchern des Christophorus Verlags mit Motiven der walisischen Illustratorin und Graphikerin Millie Marotta, reiht sich ausgefallenes Motiv an Motiv, so dass schon das Durchblättern allein zu einem wahren Highlight wird.

Auf über vierzig Doppelseiten präsentieren sich teils ein-, teils zweiseitige Motive aus der Tierwelt, alle bestechend in ih
Sam Chapman
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Doesn't count as something I read but I enjoy coloring it
Rachael
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The main thing to say about this colouring book for adults, is that it is not *just* a colouring book, it is a work of art!

You can tell just from the cover that this book is special - this book feels wonderful to hold and the highlights of gold on the cover make it look fantastic. A high quality book with interesting and intricate designs to discover within after a short introduction to the book explaining about the rationale behind it, which gave the book a lovely personal touch. Like a gift fr
Chelsea
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure if it counts to say I read this book but I did go through every single page of it. It's not just a colouring book, it's a piece of art which is why I love it so much. While I could easily draw out all these pictures and colour them, it's so much more fun to look at all these pictures in detail and then choose whatever colours and style I want to add. I think this book it's tons of fun and I'd recommend it to anyone even if you aren't an artist. Everyone can have fun with this book. ...more
Kristen
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coloring
Awesome coloring book. You cannot use sharpies because they bleed through. I have used Staedler pens, Stabilio pens, some glitter pens, and colored pencils. This book would be even better if it were on thicker paper or if it only had items on the front of each page. Definitely recommend it though :)
Michelle
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

This is essentially a very detailed colouring book, probably best enjoyed by adults. The images are beautiful and the patterns remind me somewhat of Zentangle. Hours of relaxing fun but don't let your kids get their hands on it!
Ellen Christian
Animal Kingdom Color Me Draw Me by Millie Marotta is the perfect book for anyone who longs to be creative but lacks confidence in their artistic ability. Any creative person would appreciate this as a holiday gift.
Hanna Rudakouskaya
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, it seems to be a good way of meditation, but I definitely need something more active. As one of my friends noted such colouring books are the best to deal with when having a long pleasant dialog when you're not in a hurry at all.
Irene
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
not finished yet but im really enjoying coloring in its so relaxing. The pictures are beautiful so glad i was lucky enough to win this via the goodreads giveaway

Great for teenagers and adults
Rhica
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not much to read but so much to look at! I recommend just photocopying the pages you want to color so that the book stays pristine.
Unagna
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english-books
It's gonna be 4 out of 5 because I have to take a deep breath before deciding to colour it: it seemed to be a sin to ruin it by colouring! But it's the purpose of the book. I love to color it.
Alex Hale
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked the pictures in this book. I also really like the idea behind it, of a colouring book for adults.
Michelle
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great way to relax a prozac on paper. The designs were intricate and detailed but came out in lovely colourful pictures . Get a large box of colouring pencils and makes a great gift
Lea - Coloring Queen
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautifully, intricate animals to color and enjoyThe full review is posted on Coloring Queen
Jodie
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the different designs and interesting perspectives in this book. Such fun to color and a great stress reliever.
Kimberly Darden
  • Lost Ocean: An Inky Adventure and Coloring Book for Adults
  • Spyology (Ologies, #7)
  • Color Me Calm: 100 Coloring Templates for Meditation and Relaxation
  • The Official A Game of Thrones Coloring Book: An Adult Coloring Book
  • My Little Geek (My Little Geek, #1)
  • An Amazing Alphabetic Anthology
  • The Ship That Sailed to Mars
  • Femalia
  • Old Faithful: Dogs of a Certain Age
  • Surrealist Love Poems
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Twisted Stitches: 30 Corrupt Cross Stitch and Embroidery Designs
  • Lotta Jansdotter's Handmade Living: A Fresh Take on Scandinavian Style
  • The Uglydoll Ugly Guide to the Uglyverse (Ugly Guide, #1)
  • The Ladybird Book of the Mid-Life Crisis