Start by marking “You Are My Heart” as Want to Read:
You Are My Heart

You Are My Heart

From the author of If I Could Keep You Little comes an inspiring book that puts into words the joyful love you feel, offering a sweet, magical moment you can share with your child again and again. You Are My Heart is sure to become a new favorite of fans who adore the charming artwork and insightful prose of Marianne Richmond, a beloved bestselling author whose books are s ...more
Published January 1st 2015 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

To ask other readers questions about You Are My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are My Heart

Start your review of You Are My Heart
Liza Nahas
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marianne Richmond beautifully expresses the emotional connections between parent & child. This would be a perfect new baby gift! ...more
Louise
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I recently learned of this author. She has written several sweet, touching books about children, families and growing together. Great resource of gift books for new baby on up. Illustrations are worthy too.
Libby Hutchison
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
You Are My Heart is a book written by a mom in which she dedicated to her children. The story starts off by the mom telling what she wanted for her children before they were even born. As the story goes on she then starts talking about all the incredible things she wants to do with her children and all the things she wants them to experience when they are living their lives together. Then the mom starts talking about all the things that her children are to her, all of the good things, but also a ...more
gina
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: board-book, childrens
This is a very sweet book that unfortunately Woods could really care less about. The themes are definitely for a much older toddler (W is 18 mo) who is familiar with school aged activities (there's a scene of a classroom and play in the book). My kid really didn't like this book. Multiple attempts to read it failed badly. It's so cute though, and the message is lovely...so I'd like to try it again when he's older.
Jenny Weeks
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Marianne Richmond is an amazing illustrator and poet, touching a parents heart so deeply one cannot help but cry on the first read of this book. I loved this book so much I sent it to a new mom as a gift and have personally written the author to inform her that I will be buying all her books for my own children's collection. She also makes cards and jewelry.
Angie
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
This is another one of those titles that falls into the "books to get for a baby shower" category. It's sticky sweet and way beyond a preschooler's comprehension. I might try to read it to my teenager though.
Amber
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really sweet read to share with someone you love, especially a little one!
Teri
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written!! This was in the Valentines Day section for children. The sentiments of a mother to her child. Loved it!
Jen
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, yuris-picks
What a sweet book! This one really tugged at my hormonal heartstrings and almost made me cry.
Liesl
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
While I'm not a fan of the accompanying illustrations, the message here is very sweet.
Holly Letson
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: standalones
Cute story.
Patricia McLaughlin
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
With a poetic narrative that reads like a song, parents from diverse families sing the praises of their beloved children; simple illustrations add a touch of whimsy.
Jbmcgraw

• My First Easter
  • The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
  • Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Toot
  • Tiny Turtles (Interactive Button Board Books)
  • Bluebird's Nest
  • Duck in the Truck
  • I'm a Monster Truck
Author and illustrator Marianne Richmond has touched the lives of millions through her delightful gift books, greeting cards and gift products distributed worldwide. Her enchanting artistic style and sincere sentiment, which adorn a growing number of products truly offer fans the most heartfelt way to celebrate the feelings of life.

News & Interviews