Start by marking “Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique” as Want to Read:

From the former editor of Guitar One magazine, here is a daily dose of vitamins to keep your chops fine tuned for a full 52 weeks. The guitar exercises cover several musical styles including rock, blues, jazz, metal, country, and funk. Techniques taught include alternate picking, arpeggios, sweep picking, string skipping, legato, string bending, and rhythm guitar. These ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Hal Leonard Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Guitar Aerobics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guitar Aerobics

Start your review of Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique
Doug DePew
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been playing guitar since the early 1980s as a hobbiest and songwriter. I'm a decent rhythm guitarist, but I never quite understood how to improvise on lead, and my dexterity wasn't good enough. I could accompany myself singing but was never what I'd call "good" on guitar. I bought this book to improve my skills as a lead guitarist. I've only been using it for a few weeks, and it is tremendous!

I've worked through the first few weeks of lessons, and my skills already show a marked
John
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: music
This book is a great find. I'm confident that any guitarist from late beginner to intermediate will find their guitar skills improving quickly and steadily if they use it as prescribed.

For each day of the year, Guitar Aerobics gives a short exercise with a few instructions from the author. The exercises slowly increase in difficulty. Each day of the week is dedicated to a particular area: alternate picking on Monday, string skipping on Tuesday, and so on.

These exercises won't serve as a complete
Dora
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guitar-books
The exercises that Nelson provides turned out to be very useful. I saw a significant improvement in my technique over the months I worked on this book and I practiced only about 30-40 minutes a day. The only negative feedback I can give is that some of the exercises simply cannot be played on the acoustic guitar since there aren't enough frets (e.g. I could only partially go through the exercises that include the 20th/21st fret since my acoustic guitar only has 21 frets). Otherwise, the whole ...more
Shantanu Chaudhary
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing...everyone should try this one.
Charles Chaput
Pablo Le Moyne
rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2015
Anusheel Chapagain
rated it did not like it
Jul 07, 2018
Jack Hamilton
Feb 18, 2019
Max
Jan 09, 2015

• Music Theory for Guitarists: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask
  • Guitar Fretboard Workbook: A Complete System for Understanding the Fretboard for Acoustic or Electric Guitar
  • The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan: A Comprehensive Guide to the Principles and Practice- Revised Edition
  • Player Haters
  • A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo
  • Ukulele for Dummies
  • The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
  • Japanese Garden Notes: A Visual Guide to Elements and Design

If there’s one thing certain about Troy Nelson—a life-long guitar player and author of top-selling instructional books Guitar Aerobics, Fretboard Freedom, and Rhythm Guitar 365—it’s that he knows how to keep busy.

Born in the small town of Viroqua, Wisconsin (population 4,000), Nelson picked up the guitar at the age 14, after months of begging his parents for an axe. He tapped into his savings