Start by marking “Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets” as Want to Read:

Did you know the secret to vibrant health is in your blender? It's true--juicing vegetables provides concentrated nutrition that is found in virtually no other source: vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytochemicals, and antioxidants. By juicing, you'll feel better, more energized, and improve your immune system.
More than a simple collection of recipes, this book guides read
Published July 30th 2008 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life

Start your review of Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets
Justin
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: diet
I like that this book recommended low sugar juices (in general).
This seemed much more healthy than other juices that add maple syrup or have lots of apples and carrots. I didn't find this too useful for where I am at now, but I'd trust it better than other juicing books if I decide to juice.
Djm Meltzer
Apr 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: everything
This book is full of a bunch of completely unsubstantiated pseudo-scientific discussion about toxins, but it is motivating me to use my new juicer even though I know it is all lies.
Wendi
Sep 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Perfect for : Personal Use

In a nutshell: This is a very well-thought-out book. We've been eating processed foods for so long, it is nice to know there is something we can do to help reverse some of the damage they are doing! There is a very strong message throughout the book, encouraging the reader to eat better by including more vegetables and fiber, and reducing red meat, sugar and highly processed foods. The authors have addressed all the main toxic areas in the body, providing helpful inform
Kimberly Lucas
Nov 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Kimberly by: Moe's Books on Telegraph Ave, Berkeley
Juicing can change your life- and compared to other juice/detox books I've come across, Cherie Calbom's is the most enjoyable and readable- from cover to cover. This book manages to give detailed information that really explains the scientific foundation and reasoning behind juice fasting, or just adding juicing to your lifestyle, in a fluid manner that solidifies the material in your mind. It makes sense.

The book includes easy-to-follow plans, with daily regiments for Colon Cleanse, Liver, Gal
Jodi
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health-books
If you are ill, adding a glass or two of juice daily to your diet and also looking into some of the various gallbladder and liver cleansing treatments recommended in this book is such a good idea.

Many of us that are very ill can't fast but we can and still should read up about juicing and detoxification.

This book has a very light tone but the content and advice was quite solid, and so I would happily recommend it to others.

(I'd also refer the author to the HFME website, which discusses many of t
Jessica Jones
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking into juice fasting or even just adding a juice here or there into your diet, this is a must read! So full of interesting information on how truly damaged our bodies are from the American diet. It will inspire you to begin cleaning and healing your body from the inside out. I rented this book from the library but it will be a book I am going to go buy so I always have it on hand. It even has some recipes and cleansing examples. One of the best books on juicing out there!
Morgan
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I read chapter 3 first & it had helpful tips for juicing like use mostly veggies/don't overdo it on the fruits, and the recipes at the end were good. However, I went back to read from the beginning & was sad to see the promotion of pseudoscience like "no fluoride" & "vaccines are toxic" - I never would have read further had I known. ...more
LaTrecia Raffety
This is a very informative book, and I definitely recommend it for anyone interested in getting healthier and losing weight without calorie counting. The author explains why we need to detox both body and mind for optimum health.
Tyson Canty
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Easy recipes. Lost 15 lbs in 7 data. Detox works. Just know juicing is not cheap. Be prepared to spend $400+, but it was worth it.
Rachel
Jan 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Don't know why I bought this. Read 13% and got bored. Juicing didn't last long. Hence not bothered with book.
William Long
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
My wife bought the book along with a new juicer last year. We were looking at ways to better our health and started our first detox. The concept of detoxifying is amazing and the results are lasting and life-changing.

I lost 10 pounds and kept it off. With subtle changes to my diet, weekly juicing to supplement a meal or two and annual detox (this year we did a 3 day detox and lost 4 pounds), I've improved my health and feel much better. I owe some of that success to this book.

This book provides
Sarah Hannah
Sep 20, 2012 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: food, health-fitness
So first of all, anyone who tells you in a book that you should think hard before getting vaccines because of autism is someone whose advice you should NOT be taking, because people who cannot do research or understand medical research have no business giving you medical advice. But because I’m not stupid, and because I have read the work of people who I do give credence to who also talk about the benefit of raw foods and all that jazz, I figured I would keep reading. Given that I have so many w ...more
Nancy
Jan 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
I never thought I could go without regular meals, but this was an easy and wonderful way to clarify the body and mind. It was easy to prepare the juices, overall the food was tasty, and I was NEVER hungry. Yes, and I lost about a pound a day - not to mention my skin is glowing and my mind has cleared. Will I juice again? You bet, this is an easy way to live a healthy lifestyle.
Nancy
Nov 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants optimum health
Recommended to Nancy by: I personally know the author
Cherie Calbom is a highly educated nutritionist that gives easy to understand information and directions for nutrition, juicing and fasting that I have not found in other books. Anyone interested in living a more healthy fulfilled life should have this book in their library. I have several of Cherie's books and every one of them is excellent.
Lindsey
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very informative! It gets a little too textbook like at times, but only because she not only tells you how to heal your body, but explains the how and why of it. Very good book with excellent information and great recipes.
Shana's Reading Shelf
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of interesting information and really made me think about I put into my body. The only reason I have it 4 instead of 5 stars is because some of the detoxes are so complex and a little confusing.
Jodi
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly helpful for juicing and fasting with recipes for smoothies along with benefits. And the lists of fruits and vegetables with nutrient value help to determine healthier choices for personal needs. Highly recommended reading.
Laura L
Mar 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Wow- this book has changed the way I think about eating and taking care of the body.
Fiona Gunn
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantastic
currently reading library copy, in preparation for 1day juice cleanse from kpitfresh. Totally convinced by health giving benefits of juicing and excited to try.
Frances
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked both this and the previous version. It is informative and written in a pleasant, friendly manner.
Lori Culver
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great, informative book on living a healthy lifestyle!
Allina
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I checked this out from the library, so I honestly only took the recipes from it.
G104
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
very informative. I understand now how my body system works and how to better take care of it.
Lynn
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Super reference guide to a whole body detox. The information and details are specific and concise. Definitely a good buy.
JoAnne
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So amazing, everyone should read. Cherie explains things so simply. If you want to live a healthy happy life I definitely recommend. Her advice on how to detox properly is invaluable.
Gator
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Informative, worth a read.
Julia
Margaret
Jan 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
  • Essential Oils for Happy Living: Mother Nature's Remedy to Jumpstart Happiness
  • The Secret Keeper
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World
  • The Distant Hours
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • The Loch Ness Papers (Scottish Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • Oriental (Chinese) horoscope for 2020 White Metal Rat
  • Your Chinese Horoscope for Each and Every Year
  • The Healing Power of Essential Oils: Soothe Inflammation, Boost Mood, Prevent Autoimmunity, and Feel Great in Every Way
  • Power of Kabbalah
  • A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love
  • Gourmet Rhapsody
  • Superlife
  • Tapping the Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1)
  • Wild for You (Hot Jocks #6)
Cherie Calbom, MS, is the author of The Juice Lady’s Turbo Diet, The Juice Lady’s Living Foods Revolution, and Juicing for Life, which has nearly two million books in print in the United States. Known as “The Juice Lady” for her work with juicing and health, Cherie has taped HealthWatch for CNN and scores of TV and radio shows and has appeared in Shape, First for Women, Women’s World, Men’s Journ ...more