Start by marking “Feel the Fear (Ruby Redfort #4)” as Want to Read:
Feel the Fear (Ruby Redfort #4)

Feel the Fear

(Ruby Redfort #4)

How do you catch a thief who isn’t there?

Ruby Redfort has a lot of reasons to feel confident. Undercover agent, code cracker, thirteen-year-old genius—she’s one fearless kid, buster. Unmasking an evil villain? Done. Honing her parkour skills by climbing skyscrapers and leaping across roofs? All in a day’s work. Heeding the warning signs? Well, not so much. When a ghostl
Published November 12th 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published May 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Feel the Fear, please sign up.
Lia Since that old guy in the forest mansion, Mr. FF, is said to be something like 88 years old, and he was threw popular parties in the 1920s, I would…moreSince that old guy in the forest mansion, Mr. FF, is said to be something like 88 years old, and he was threw popular parties in the 1920s, I would guess he would have been in his 20s or 30s, putting the book in about the 1970s(less)

Jacinda
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading the Ruby Redfort series never fails to make me want to stock up on banana milk and bubblegum. It also never fails to make we want to become a secret agent and go around calling people bozos.

Anyway.

This was an electric read and an excellent addition to my favourite book series!!

I think I might start re-reading it right away.
Karen Rowley
#5 “Feel the fear” written by Lauren Child is a mystery. Ruby Redfort is trying to solve these crimes that seem random all over town. They are all done by a thief that seems to walk through the air. So all of spectrum and the agents are trying to work on it and figure out who it is. At the beginning the song was very boring! But then as I kept reading it got more interesting. I also feel like all her books are the same. In the beginning she almost gets fired from her job. She does some stupid th ...more
Georgie
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade, ya-fic
There aren't many adult fiction books out there which are pure, simple *fun* to read (Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books being a notable exception, they're fab!). This is one of the main reasons I read a lot of MG/YA books - a lot of adult authors (and therefore us as adult readers) seem to have forgotten that writing (and reading) can be simply fun.

Ruby Redfort is awesome. She's a smart, funny, yet far-from-perfect heroine. She breaks rules as often as she makes them. I loved al
Kelsey
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, arc
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads Giveaways.

Delightful! Our favorite teenage secret agent is back in another adventure teeming with wisecracks, parkour, and death-defying stunts. This time the intrepid Ruby Redfort must take her skills to new heights to track down a tightrope walking cat burglar. And just to make the case even more interesting, this height-defying prowler also seems to be...invisible? Put your thinking caps on and remember: Don't look down!
Neve.S Scully
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was just amazing! Second best book I've ever read!(Hary Potter books in the lead!) There were cliffhangers at the end of every chapter and I couldn't stop reading! Also there were more than one nights(every night) when I fell asleep with my light on and the book on the floor! I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone because it is just soooo AWESOME!!
Annika Brock
This is the first of these I've read; thankfully it was written well enough that it didn't seem to matter that I hadn't read the others. The story itself was good. The reason I didn't rate it higher is because I found Ruby to be less sassy and more just incredibly annoying (which may be due to this particular story line, but still).
Nola
3.5 stars. This is Book 4 in the Ruby Redfort series. Ruby is a thirteen-year-old rich kid who works as a code-breaker for spy agency Spectrum. She's already cheated death a number of times in her previous cases, so is starting to think she's invincible. But if you can't 'feel the fear', it can lead you to take unacceptable risks that not only put you in danger, but also the others around you. Add to that a case involving an old theatre, a much-loved actress who can supposedly tap dance on a hig ...more
Ella
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
WHY DO THE RUBY REDFORT BOOKS TAKE SO LONG TO COME TO AMERICA?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? WE SPEAK ENGLISH TOO, IT'S NOT LIKE YOU NEED TO TRANSLATE IT!!!

UPDATE: I finally read this book, no thanks to the publisher. I actually had to order it from England. I mean, COME ON! All you have to do to sell it in America is remove a few Us! Anyway, out of the whole series, I think this book is my favorite, after #2. I liked the added drama of Ruby's fearless-ness
Matisse
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014, owned
This book is just as amazing as the first in the series, with all the usual Ruby wit plus new Ruby Rules.

I loved that for once I could piece together bits of the mystery and it all made sense, instead of Ruby figuring it all out before I had time to understand. Of course, this doesn't mean the mystery was lacking in any way! It was ingenious and as quirky as all the others, maybe even more so.

Old villains return, with the addition of a new super cool invisible thief.

Ruby has to deal with a po
Lulu
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of the books that I enjoyed reading and the book that I read the most pages. The main character, Ruby Redfort is still young; about 13 years old and the story shows the intelligence of her and also shows drawings of how she solves the case mathematically such which way she goes frist to make it easier to understand the story. It describes the characters and the settings clearly so we can know where she is and what she's doing. Also, the conversation shows her knowledge against t ...more
Shoshi
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruby Redfort is brave and adventurous, she jumps off buildings and walks on very high tightropes then climbs a 20 storey building, all in a days work. but how will she react when she finds out someone in spectrum is betraying them and everyone thinks it is her. Ruby has to figure out a very weird case. a very hard building to get into was robbed but all that was found missing was a book, a cheap one too, that was left on a plane. Does Ruby have a death wish?
Charlotte
I don't think it was the best book, but it was ok. Ruby just has to many strengths and overcomes her flaws really fast. I wanted a bit more of Clancy. He was usually in the big climax but for some reason he wasn't. There should have been more about her reckless behavior and her changing. I didn't really like "avenging the mother thing". It just kind of seemed cliché. It was left at a minor cliffhanger and I'm hoping the next book will be good.
Ashley Arcigal
"Feel the Fear" written by Lauren Child follows the mysteries encountered by one seemingly average girl. Her name is Ruby. When she was eight years old, she and thirty-three other participants took part in an experiment. It was test examining their capabilty of focus and being able to see everything all at once. She could also recount what people around her were wearing or doing. Psychologists concluded that she was remarkably brilliant, unlike any other. She is no ordinary kid. Her excellent ob ...more
Rory
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruby Redfort is at it again when she chases after another mysterious criminal. Except....he's invisible?

I rate this book with five stars, because just like all the others it was amazing. Ruby Redfort proceeded to blow my mind so many times in this book and it was awesome. Granted, it did take some time to finish, but it was not because the story was slow. Cliffhanger after cliffhanger kept me reading.

I was kinda sad that Clancy wasn't in it as much. I won't spoil anything, but Ruby
Lachlan
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the Ruby Redfort series. The reason I like them so much is because there is lots of cliff hangers and they really intrigue me. Feel The Fear is my favorite Ruby Redfort series for me so far because when Ruby discovers things that she is not supposed to really makes me think of myself. When she figures out that The count and The Australian have a child, that shocked her and I because I would have never seen that coming. The plot of it was really good and I would recommend this bo ...more
Jadyn
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Megan Liwanag
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: actually-have-it
The fact that the series so far has been interesting and on going is amazing. Te storyline changes and you get to know even more about the main characters. It's especially cool how she's so young and she's already gotten so far. I don't want it to end.
Sean Harding
More Ruby and she is as charming as ever, although sometimes the books are a bit too long, and maybe a bit too clever for their own good. Still Ruby is a great character and there is no denying that it is quite easily readable.
Emma
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are constantly being compared to someone else you'll never measure up.
Christina Doyle
it was amazing!!!! I loved to spend the time to read it!!!!
jagle
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unputdownable! So much fun.
Seb
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever imagined what its like to be aa kid who is secretly a spy and is faced with a puzzle to solve.
spoiler :
it has a sort of sad ending
Ella
I really like this book, it has a really good plot.
Edwin McRae
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one caught my completely by surprise. A highly readable tale where the clues litter the place like random Lego bricks, but by the end, not a single piece is amiss.
Abby (Serious Obsession) Lim
An action-packed and sprint-paced adventure. A seriously exquisite and complex plot that turns your head over. Every turn brings a new code and mystery, that finally ends satisfyingly.
Alaa
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great and amazing and really good.
Faber Liauw
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are great! I would totally recommend them for preteen-teen readers, boy or girl. There's no romance to deal with, but rather some great spying, puzzles, action, and suspense.
Lilo
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book like every Lauren Child book
Isabela
« previous 1 3 next »

• The School for the Insanely Gifted
  • Code Name 711 (Double Vision #2)
  • Top Ten Ways to Die (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #8)
  • Dawn Undercover
  • Smells Like Pirates
  • Mapmaker
  • The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit (Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective, #1)
  • Money Run (Ashley Arthur, #1)
  • Sleuth on Skates
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • Corby Flood (Far-Flung Adventures, #2)
  • Who Are You?
  • It Happened on a Train (Brixton Brothers, #3)
  • No Place Like Holmes (No Place Like Holmes, #1)
  • Neil Flambé and the Marco Polo Murders (The Neil Flambé Capers #1)
  • In Harm's Way (Benjamin Pratt & the Keepers of the School, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden, #16)
  • The Island of Thieves (Tom Trelawney #1)
Lauren Child grew up in Wiltshire as the middle child of three sisters and the daughter of two teachers. She has always been interested in the many aspects of childhood, from gazing into toy shop windows to watching American children's shows from the 1960s. After attending two Art Schools, where Lauren admits that she did not learn much, she travelled for six months, still unsure about which caree ...more

Ruby Redfort (6 books)
  • Look Into My Eyes (Ruby Redfort, #1)
  • Take Your Last Breath (Ruby Redfort #2)
  • Catch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)
  • Pick Your Poison (Ruby Redfort, #5)
  • Blink and You Die (Ruby Redfort #6)
“butter,” 0 likes