Start by marking “Avengers: Time Runs Out, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Avengers: Time Runs Out, Volume 2

Avengers: Time Runs Out, Volume 2

(Avengers (2013) (Collected Editions) #8)

For Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the Illuminati, it has all been building to this. After two years of carefully crafting his cataclysmic saga, writer Jonathan Hickman jumps ahead eight months to the grand finale, the honest-to-goodness immediate future of the Marvel Universe — and the day of the Final Incursion! After the revelation of the Illuminati’s desperate, world-des ...more
Published March 17th 2015 by Marvel Comics (first published February 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Avengers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers

Anne
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Geriatric Superheroes
Fun.
Crazy, overwhelming, a bit hard to follow, but...mostly fun.
Honestly, though? I'm just looking forward to finishing this out, and moving on.

Why, you ask?

Well, because I absolutely hate Jurassic Cap. Or Old Man Steve.
Doesn't matter what you're calling him...he sucks.
He's like that ancient dude in your neighborhood, who stands on the front lawn in his bathrobe, and bitches at the kids riding by on their bikes. Why does he bitch?
*shrugs*
They're dinging the bells on their bikes 'too loudly', or
Jeff
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
Do you know what one of the biggest problems I have with the Marvel universe?

Reed and Sue Richards snot-nosed, creepy, precocious smarty-pants kids being able to solve the most complex far-reaching issues facing the multi-verse.

Franklin (Come, Galactus, take a walk with me.) Richards:

Valeria (Child of the Corn) Richards:

Now, she’s handing out advice to Uncle Victor as in “von Doom”.

“Uncle Victor(!)” (I just vomited a little in my mouth.) Basically, she passes on the same fortune cookie kernel o
Kemper
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, comics, superhero
It's disappointing that when Steve Rogers finally starts showing his age that he reacts by turning into a bitter bastard who just wants to attack everyone smarter than him and refuses to listen to anyone who contradicts what he believes no matter how sane and logical they're being. In other words, he's just another old white American, and I'm pretty sure he's spending his days watching Fox News.

Hickman's run has a lot of stuff that I've gotten increasingly tired of in big crossover events, espec
Jesse A
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Man, this series better not end up crapping the bed.
Cheese
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it

I'm confused utterly,again, but I love the stratagems and fighting with all my favourite characters, so all in all very good and going somewhere I hope.
L. McCoy
SUPER FAST REVIEW:
A bit confusing at times but I mostly got it. It’s very actiony throughout and HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING!

4/5
Sesana
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
In some ways, this is another take on the Avengers vs. X-Men and Civil War theme of hero versus hero. Except that it's actually pretty good. Except that every side is allowed to have a point, and that there's enough moral grey area to fully cover every party involved. And there's also the major bonus that this is clearly the culmination of a lot of thought and hard work.

Why three stars? I'm still getting a little lost in the enormous cast. Just as with the previous volume, this might be at leas
Mike
Roberto DaCosta, head of AIM, leader of the free Avengers resistance movement? How freakin bizarre. I like that he's rallying all the remnant Avengers who aren't still on some crazy blood-oath mission to save the world at any cost... Wait. That can't be right. Aren't *all* of these factions of Avengers and villains (*cough* Cabal, Namor's bastard group of nihilists who are the only ones actually stopping incursions eh?) on separate warpaths to save the 616 and beat on everyone else who're also s ...more
Roy
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Im enjoying it but I'm at the stage where I just want Hickman to wrap it up.
Robert
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People Who Like Pythagorean Structures
Shelves: marvel
Another sprawling entry in Hickman's ambitious Avengers project, still mostly set-up with a teensy bit of payoff.

I guess one way to differentiate this arc of Smart Avengers v. Punch Things Avengers is the addition of...Junior Avengers? At any rate, Sunspot splashes some cash and funds a third faction with the goal of reminding the squabbling Steve Rogers, Reed Richards et al. that it used to be about the musi- I mean, the superheroing, man! with predictable results (stuff gets punched).

Meanwhile
Andrew
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Even with the universe on the cusp of destruction, Steve Rogers can't get over the raging Hate-on he has for Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and the rest of those egg heads in the Illuminati. This volume focuses on Rogers' attempts to bring the Illuminati to justice, while Bobby Da Costa and his more chill, practical team of Avengers tries to broker peace so that everybody can go back to saving the universe. This could easily have been another Civil War or Avengers vs X-Men, with all the heroes actin ...more
Ran
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Good news, everyone, I still hate this conglomeration. And the character charts are still stupidly necessary for me: Multiversal Avengers, New Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. Avengers, the Illuminati, the Cabal, and other players. The sheer mythological heights of this story, including the Alephs, the Builders, the Gardeners, the Mapmakers, the Beyonders, and all the other weird semi-biblical shit just completely lose me.
Sud666
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Ok so I didn't really care that much for vol 1, but I did admit that was because I was fairly confused. I duly admit that I am still a little confused, but no nearly as much as last time. The destruction of multiversal earths continue. There are several teams of Avengers running around-a few of them are even bad. The Illuminati and the Cabal are involved. In fact almost everyone is involved. SHIELD is being run by geriatric Steve Rogers (still not sure what happened to him exactly) and the Falco ...more
Joseph
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series/story is finally getting kinda sorta better. Still moving at a glacial pace, much of it centering on Steve Rogers and his almost inexplicable hatred for the Illuminati. Captain Marvel comes across as a fascist jerk, though, and Victor von Doom is up to something that may or may not be nefarious.

All-in-all, driving forward here. I guess this will end eventually in Secret Wars, but I swear the story line has run as long as World War 2.
Chad
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Solid story, good art but I'm ready to be done with this dour 5 year running story.
R. Morris
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Doc Strange is a creep and Doc Doom's quest is giving me those Uh-Oh feelings. Things are moving in dark directions. Old Cap still sucks.
Michael Hicks
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought, comics
So, now that the basic game board has been set in volume 1, Time Runs Out, Vol. 2 begins executing the rest of the Jonathan Hickman's long-running, convoluted chess match. And if I'm going to use a chess analogy, then let it be from Star Trek, where their chess games are freaking tridimensional!

Here's the players - the Avengers, operating under the aegis of S.H.I.E.L.D and led by Old Man Cap (somewhere during the run of the solo Captain America title, Rogers was drained of the super-soldier ser
Sarospice
Nov 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
MEANWHILE Thor meets Dr. Strange at the end of the multiverse, Steve Rogers wants everyone off his lawn, Sunspot (of all people) realizes there are too many Avengers, and Dr. Doom takes Molecule Man to start that EVENT comic no one remembers...
Michael Church
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel-comics
This was definitely an interesting ride. Things start to pick up speed and there's a definite direction to all of the different story threads that have been started. Plus there's a nice little cliffhanger that's just enough to keep me excited for volume 3.

There are some art issues. Faces have lines for no reason that make me think we have gone back to the 90s. And in a similar style, apparently women have evolved past the need for spines again.

But I managed to overlook that because of the fact
Shannon Appelcline
Hickman's Avengers end-game continues to be phenomenal. He's telling a story that's so multifaceted and so epic, that it's perhaps unmatched it all super-comicdom. Even though I greatly admire the big picture, he really makes this story work with the little character moments. I love Sunspot being the only adult in the room, and the big mover among the Avengers teams. I love Valeria being the smartest person around. I love the entire story of the multiversal Avengers looking for the source to all ...more
Daniel Sepúlveda
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Al principio toda esta época de los vengadores me confundió mucho, en especial por la cantidad de personajes que aparecen. Es complicado llevarle el hilo a la historia si leías un comic al mes junto con los cómics de otras series. Definitivamente me va mejor leyendo los comics cuando ya están recopilados.
Lo que más me gusta de este volumen son los dibujos, la historia poco a poco me está gustando más. Ya veremos cómo continúa.
Jase
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's getting kinda crazy! Which way is up and who is doing the right thing?
Jordan Lahn
This story continues to roll out in surprising ways. Definitely getting easier to follow as the new status quo of the Time Runs Out period is becoming clear.
Aildiin
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Continuation of the previous book ( there's really no point to cut them the way Marvel did except to try to keep a low page count...) and as good if not better.
Nigel
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
The Avengers are not happy with each other. There are now three Avengers teams, maybe four, okay five, and they are having a disagreement with how to deal with the end of all of reality. They fight. Someone tries to reason with them! No, fight. Wait betrayal! Tune in for more fighting, and megadeaths.
Tony
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great writing, some bloody awful deodato art ruins some big moments.
Josh
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Hickman's Avengers shine to the very end. Time Runs Out volume 2 is pretty, interesting, and loaded with intrigue. Great.
Todd Glaeser
I have no idea why I should concern myself with this conflict. In fact, other than there are multiple teams, I'm not sure what the conflict is ultimately.
Matt
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Collects Avengers (2012) issues #38-39 and New Avengers (2013) issues #26-28

Set 8 months in the future of the current Marvel Universe, various factions of Avengers are attempting to stop the collapse of the Mutliverse. Unfortunately, these factions are sometimes opposed, so this particular volume features a huge heroes vs. heroes battle.

I originally read these individual issues when they come out month after month.

I really appreciate that Marvel is collected both "Avengers" and "New Avengers" t
Ben tench
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Avengers

Being a huge fan of the recent films i wanted to delve more into their world
Great series really enjoyed it
  • Avengers World, Volume 2: Ascension
  • Uncanny X-Men, Volume 3: The Good, The Bad, The Inhuman
  • Civil War: Warzones!
  • Silver Surfer, Vol. 1: New Dawn
  • Inhumanity
  • Avengers Academy, Volume 2: Will We Use This in the Real World?
  • Secret Avengers: Run the Mission, Don't Get Seen, Save the World
It’s no small thing to die and be born again.

After a certain amount of time you get tired of wasting talent. Of being part of a fraudulent profession — or actually being a fraud. And, most importantly, not living the life you are capable of having.

I remember the first night I went out with my wife. It was raining, she was beautiful… it was a normal, ordinary, intentionally uneventful, date. But at

Avengers (2013) (Collected Editions) (10 books)
  • Avengers, Volume 1: Avengers World