Start by marking “Hawkeye vs. Deadpool” as Want to Read:
Hawkeye vs. Deadpool

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool

(Hawkeye vs. Deadpool 0-4)

Once upon a time, champions emerged to fight the evil plaguing humanity. They fought for all that was good in the world. They were kind, generous and self-sacrificing. They were heroes. These are not those heroes. Meet Hawkeye: ladies man ("ladies man" because the ladies love to hate this man), mighty marksman and, most importantly, Avenger. He's the only guy on the team w ...more
Published March 17th 2015 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Hawkeye vs. Deadpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hawkeye vs. Deadpool

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool by Gerry DugganDeadpool Kills the Marvel Universe by Cullen BunnDeadpool, Volume 1 by Brian PosehnDeadpool Killustrated by Cullen BunnDeadpool Kills Deadpool by Cullen Bunn
Deadpool
135 books — 35 voters
Hawkeye, Volume 1 by Matt FractionHawkeye, Volume 2 by Matt FractionHawkeye, Volume 3 by Matt FractionHawkeye, Volume 4 by Matt FractionAvengers by Mark Gruenwald
Hawkeye
56 books — 36 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
{insert booming announcer voice here}
Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time ever (view spoiler), two of Marvel's (view spoiler) flagship characters together in one title!
Presenting:
DEADPOOL!
A mercenary with a face like an old ashtray, the ability to regenerate that borders on immortality, and a few mild mental issues.

description

HAWKEYE!
The Avenger with the power to shoot arrows really well...

description

Ok. So, I'm not saying this
Jeff
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
Two and a half stars generously rounded up.

This volume answers the question: If Deadpool took Valium, what would he be like?

Besides insufferable in a needy way.

On the Deadpool timeline (HA!), this takes place right after he worked with SHIELD and right before he got married to a hot vampire.* It features Hawkeye and Kate Bishop, the versions that Matt Fraction took great pains to create. And here’s the problem, you have a mediocre Deadpool writer in Duggan trying to squeeze Deadpool into a-someo
Jokoloyo
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Happy Halloween, everyone!

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool is a standard humorous action comics in Halloween period. It is a Deadpool story, but the jokes are not solely from Deadpool. Other characters have his/her own moments. The story has

I like Hawkeye on this story with his deafness and Hawkeye only has his own skills against Deadpool skills and regeneration power. This time my sympathy is for the Hawk whenever there is any H vs. D fight scene.
Gianfranco Mancini

Gerry Duggan's funny and hilarious Hawkeye and vs. Deadpool Halloween mood tale is a perfect blend of his version on the Mercenary with a Mouth and Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye.

The Wade and Kate Bishop is just best Marvel Team-Up ever, I've read Deadpool's rant about Pizza Dog with Jason Mewes' Jay character voice in Kevin Smith's Dogma (1999) and the "how to ride a skycycle" gag made me laugh to tears.

Excelsior!
Chantaal
Confession time: as much as I love Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, I don't like how it has become THE characterization for Clint Barton in all 616 comics. Hawkeye is an interesting look at Clint's life as a loser when he's not being an Avenger. Like many others in the Marvel universe, being an Avenger, or just being a hero, gives characters like Clint purpose and pride.

It doesn't work as well when you bring Clint's non-hero life into his Avengers life. There's this strange disconnect between the mope
Liam
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really great and really fun read!!

At first I was curious as to whether deadpool and hawkeye would be a good match but, after reading this, I regret ever having any doubts! They make such a great team and I really want to see more of them in the future! The appearance of Katie Bishop really added to the story and I loved the friendship she developed with deadpool!

The other marvel/avengers references throughout never failed to put a smile on my face and make me giggle!

Although this may
Sam Quixote
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
It’s Halloween and a hacker steals the personal information of numerous SHIELD agents, stores it on a thumb drive, and drops it into Deadpool’s bag of candy. Some brainwashed men dressed as Marvel superheroes try to steal it back and Clint Barton aka Hawkeye gets involved. It’s up to Clint, Wade and Kate Bishop (the other Hawkeye) to make sure the information doesn’t get into the hands of the mischievous Black Cat.

Doesn’t sound like a Vs comic, does it? That’s because it’s not. Most of the recen
Gavin
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This is a 3.5 star book, and I almost rounded up, because I just finished Larfleeze before this, and DC thinks THAT is comedy...but then I calmed down.

This book is funny enough for laugh out loud moments, which are sorely lacking in other books. For instance, the trick or treater knocking on Clint's door, dressed as the Watcher with a bullet hole in his head, and Deadpool says "Even I think it was too soon for that costume."

The Freddie Mercury pose with Wade getting Clint's Sky-Cycle out of Aven
Chris
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel
A murder outside Hawkeye's apartment on Halloween leads to a reluctant team-up with the trick-or-treating Merc With a Mouth, Deadpool! There's some brief conflict between the two, but this could have easily been Hawkeye & Deadpool Team-Up (although that's admittedly less catchy). While she's not a headline character (yet?) Hawkeye No. 2, Kate Bishop, also appears in most of the book and nearly steals the show. Hell, I decided to buy this book based on a page from her first scene, a page that ...more
Eli
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics, 2016
I thought it was time to get my hands on a Deadpool comic and this seemed a great place to start. Especially since Hawkeye is a personal favorite Marvel character of mine (I have no idea. He just is).

I thought this was really funny. Very light-hearted. They left it slightly open for a sequel, but it won't be a problem if they decide not to pick it back up again. The artwork was good. I'm also glad that I got to see Kate Bishop again, who is super spunky and cool.

I would recommend this to anyone
Josh
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be. Clint, Deadpool, and Kate Bishop work together to solve a murder mystery and the whole adventure is light-hearted and fun. Deadpool and Kate are fun together (much to Kate's chagrin) to the point that they pretty much overshadow Clint. It's a short read full of fun if you dont take it too seriously!
❈ laura ❈
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-and-manga
Ashly Lynn
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Deadpool fans. Marvel fans.
Recommended to Ashly by: Found at the bookstore.
*Update* This is still my favorite Deadpool comic! I'm so glad I took the time to reread this one. It truly is perfect on every level.

_______________

So, I finally read a Deadpool comic. And I was absolutely not disappointed. I was a bit nervous of where to start with these, but, I picked this one up one day browsing at Barnes and Noble and new I had to get it. I didn't buy it that day because let's get real for a minute: $17 is way too much money for a comic compilation. I mean, okay, I know it'
Anatoly
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It`s been a while since I have last read a comic book. And as before, this guilty pleasure supplies. Fun and enjoyable without demanding too much overthinking. ...more
Chris
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: deadpool, marvel
While the title of this book is Hawkeye vs Deadpool, this conflict is resolved very quickly. This really is a , though somewhat reluctant, team-up story. Is this a Marvel thing in general, or is Deadpool the king of team-ups? I don't read much Marvel but a I love Deadpool. It seems that a lot of his books recently have been team ups, like the Spider-Man/Deadpool which has been great so far!

This one starts out as a bit of a murder mystery and becomes a kind of buddy up between Hawkeye Clint Bart
Ashish Iyer
It was good, not the greatest thing ever, but still good. I liked how they had deadpool keep his mask up so Hawkeye could read his lips and that at a few points deadpool actually used sign language to communicate with Hawkeye.
Jessamyn Leigh
Needed more Kate.
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
Definitely one of the best comics I have EVER read! :D
Aimee Meester
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Deadpool is one of the few Marvel heroes that gives me a headache every time I'm forced to deal with him, so the fact that I love this short adventure so much is high praise.
Ran
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This is fun, includes a bunch of weird Deadpool circumstances (I'm talking about you, Ghost Ben Franklin) and great Hawkeye dynamics. I know that Lolli and Camagni work on Deadpool but it felt like they took a page out of Aja's spacing and blocking. This trade is actually a team-up, not a versus, I'd argue. That's why how Deadpool and Hawkguy roll. Team LadyHawkpool is awesome; more RPGs please.

photo hgdp4.png

photo hgdp2.png

Jacquelyn
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: belong-to-adam
So, Deadpool and Wolverine make a pretty great team. Deadpool and Spider-Man make a better team. But Deadpool and Hawkeye? Freaking fantastic. The goofiness of Deadpool meets the dead-on Fraction-written Hawkeye and it's more than you ever dreamed it could be.
barbara ❅ the reader
"My name is Wade Wilson. And today I'm Hawkeye. A Hawkeye that shoots Deadpools at people"

I love all of the characters in this comic book but they didn't feel like themselves. I love the idea of Hawkeyes and Deadpool working together but it didn't work in this one. I still had fun though.
Kristen Fowler
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, avengers, deadpool
Possibly one of my favorite comics to-date. Hawkeye isn't handing out the full sized candy bars he usually does for Halloween, and Deadpool is upset about it. It's all downhill from there!
Scott S.
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wade Wilson, Clint Barton, and Kate Bishop get tossed together in a throw-away plot on Halloween night that is reminiscent of certain parts from the flicks Enemy of the State and The Manchurian Candidate (. . . I think). But you're not really here for the story, are you? It's more about the daffy situations these screw-ups encounter (or cause) while desperately trying to do some good. Their dialogue was often humorous, too, but that was no surprise. Not a perfect book, but certainly entertaining ...more
Jonny Campo
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel, mine
4.25 out of 10 this book was awesome, I'm a really big fan of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye and this felt right up that road I really like his chemistry with Kate Bishop and you really get that in this, throw in Deadpool with all his nonsense and jokes it just worked. the writing is solid in this and so is the art, it's not a perfect book but it's really fun and full of action, definitely worth checking out.
Christopher
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, graphic-novels
This is surprisingly great. Do note that this is not Vs though. It's a team up with Deadpool and both Hawkeyes. I assume saying Vs makes it sell better. I guess.

Also, in case you are reading this as individual comics, issue #0 is not optional. It isn't backstory or a prologue or anything. It's just the first issue of the arc. This series really really should be 1-5. I have no idea what they were thinking.

Read it. It's a fun time.
Becky
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This was super fun. I really loved the art and how it was half paying homage and half making fun of the Fraction/Aja run.
Also, Kate's facial expressions were AMAZING.
Murphy
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This short series was as enjoyable as I hoped it would be, it was fast-paced and humorous with a decent story and I'll probably read it again sometime.

I was worried it would be another comic that wasn't nearly as good as people on social media hyped it up to be, but I actually think it deserves all the attention it got.
Aurora Dimitre
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm sort of in that mood where, basically, whenever I get my hands on a Deadpool comic I just drop everything and read it. And so when I was in Barnes & Noble the other day, I saw this among a total sea of Deadpool, like seriously, their Deadpool selection was intense and it was awesome. I didn't want to spend too much money, so I was just poking around for something that wasn't too big but would be fun.

And I found this.

Side note, I'm actually pretty interested in picking up some Hawkeye co
Amélie
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
If marketing was honest, this would be called "Hawkeye and Deadpool". Oh, and Kate would be on the cover, as she's just as essential to the story as Dude!Hawkeye.

That aside, I really loved this run. I'm glad that it used Fraction's characterisation for Clint, and I also really, really liked what was done with Deadpool.

It was (very) funny, pretty well written (although I cared more about the characters and their interactions than I did about the plot) and the art was cool. I'd love to see more ab
  • Hawkeye, Volume 4: Rio Bravo
  • Captain Marvel, Volume 2: Stay Fly
  • Young Avengers, Volume 2: Alternative Culture
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 1: Trust Me
  • Spider-Woman, Volume 1: Spider-Verse
  • Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer?
  • Silk, Volume 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Disorderly Conduct
  • Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 1: Revival
  • Rocket Raccoon, Volume 1: A Chasing Tale

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool (5 books)
  • Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #0
  • Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #1
  • Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #2
  • Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #3
  • Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #4
“Clint: I couldn't tell if Black Cat used her bad luck powers on me or not.

Deadpool: What a sad indictment of your life.”
8 likes
“Deadpool: I'm just gonna swipe left on this whole fight if that's cool” 7 likes