Start by marking “Hawkeye Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Hawkeye Omnibus

Hawkeye Omnibus

(Hawkeye (2012) (Collected Editions) #1-4)

It's Marvel's most critically acclaimed comic in recent memory! Clint Barton, breakout star of a little Marvel movie you might have seen a while back, continues his fight for justice...and good rooftop BBQs! With Young Avenger Kate Bishop by his side, he's out to get some downtime from being one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes...but when the apartment building he's moved into, ...more
Hardcover, Omnibus, 552 pages
Published November 3rd 2015 by Marvel (first published April 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hawkeye Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hawkeye Omnibus

Start your review of Hawkeye Omnibus
Dan Schwent
Hawkeye is the Avenger that uses a bow and arrow. This is the stuff he does when he's not avenging.

A couple years ago, I read this series in singles on Marvel Unlimited and was blown away. A few months ago at MightyCon, some guy was setting this sweet ass hardcover for $40. It sounded like a great deal to me.

The first story, an issue of Young Avengers, doesn't have the look and feel of the rest of the book but it's a surprisingly touching story about Hawkeye and Hawkeye meeting. It was fun but
ΞιsNιnΞ
+F0ur Stars for the Material, No Stars for the Price-tag, And a Bag of Hammered Dicks For Marvel

Alright. The Hawkeye Omnibus? I liked it, slightly. I slightly liked Fraction's slightly thin contributions to a (under-powered corporate property/suit of empty spandex/Marvel action-figure-who's-always-the-last-one-available-on-the-toystore-shelf-before-graduating-to-the-bargain-bin-and-then-fighting-giant-rats-in-a-landfill) 'B' or 'C'-level Avenger; but Fraction has always been a slick, fairly
Cheese
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving it 5 stars because:

1. It's original.
2. The artwork.
3. The writing .
4. Pizza dog/arrow/lucky.
5. It's heartfelt.
6. Hawkeyes' the underdog.
7. His brother is named Barney. :D Which in London slang means your in trouble. Barney rubble. Trouble.
8. He didn't call in the avengers.

Awesome.
Steven Matview
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Hey bro, did you know that Hawkeye spent most of the 2000s as the superhero equivalent of Rodney Dangerfield, bro? He just got no respect, you know?
danger

After suffering a failed series, death by Bendis and being turned into a ninja by Bendis (as Hawkeye would say – “don’t ask”), the Avengers archer finally gets his due in this wonderful series by Iron Fist alumni Matt Fraction and David Aja, two certified “best bros.”

The series' premise is, essentially, what does a superhero do in their off time?

Lukas Sumper
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a lot to like about this book, but one thing stood out the most for me was the originality, like in approach of the lay outs and the viewpoint of the story. It draws you in by being really different and still being so grounded about its characters. The first half was incredibly strong only to lose me a bit as it went on through the second half but the end was overall okay.

As great as it was it seemed like the same formula repeated till the end, its kind off amazing it held up as long
Quentin Wallace
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I heard so much about this series I decided to finally to try it out. I did enjoy it, but not quite as much as I expected considering the hype. It contained a lot of humor, but I will say it was a very innovative series. They tried different things with the art and ways to tell a story including having a story from a dog's point of view, telling a story using sign language, and also just different layouts on each page.

The story starred both the original Hawkeye, as well as the young female
Artemy
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Fraction and Aja's Hawkeye with my whole heart. It is one of the best things to ever to happen in comics, and even in literature as a whole. Thankfully, it is immensely popular and highly acclaimed, so a lot of people have already read it. And even more people should. It is absolutely brilliant.

I do have a problem though with the way that this omnibus edition was put together. Let alone that it is extremely expensive (100 bucks, come on, Marvel), but the issues are ordered in a weird way.
Relstuart
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics
I read this a few weeks back and thought I had reviewed it.

Pros: Art stays similar throughout the book. Love that and it really helps the atmosphere of the story stay on track.
Villains in the housing district. A fun twist on the mafia even if not super believable bro.

Cons: To much time focused on Kate Bishop's life and story.
Not much character development of the failed relationship with Mockingbird, wife of many years. Perhaps the story of how their relationship didn't survive is written
Blindzider
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
After waiting I think at least a year to get the second half of this run, I finally got to finish it and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I never cared much for Hawkeye and this gave me such a unique view into his personality and life. It was also an incredibly fresh way to tell a solo story book with an excellent mix of humor, emotion, and action.

The other Hawkeye, Kate, also became very likable. Someone who clearly has a lot of talent and a strong personality but is clearly inexperienced.
Sage
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's great reading a book where clearly the author is having a blast with the story and character. Often you'll feel the authors are following guidelines or rules for their characters. This was not the case with Fraction and Aja as they seem to have free reign over the 'most human' Avenger. There are a few lulls in the storyline but it wraps up well in the end. Clint is a bit too 'Mal' for me at times but it keeps the reader engaged. I particularly enjoyed the use of as well as the 'dog' issue. ...more
आदित्य
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This collection comprises...
~> pleasingly quirky art-work
~> stirringly earthly plot-points
~> clever(ly?) non-linear narratives
and... did I mention the drawings?

'Roadside Rampage' from the third issue...

Very cool panels, such as...
...with Spidey and Logan from issue #06

Tasteful ;-) depiction of women-folk

And the cover-designs...

...this one of issue #08

A little light on the action. I was trying to draw a parallel with Batman (don't ask me why), which is unfair. There can only be one
Gina
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you think you don't like Hawkeye, you crazy, and you are wrong, I promise you. Grab this up and dive into Fraction Hawkeye, you will LOVE it! I honestly don't have the words to express how much I love this series...so...you'll just have to see for yourself. Serious big time Heart Eyes for Hot Guy...I mean Hawkguy...wait I think it might be Hawkeye : )
Robert
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel-owned
I liked it very much! It has a good story, nice artwork and it's funny and original.
Matt Sautman
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best graphic novel I have read so far this year in regard to innovative storytelling. For as huge as this volume is, aside from the opening comic, this is a singular story that focuses on Clint Barton and Kate Bishop when they are not off fighting as part of the Avengers and Young Avengers respectively. This is as much an investigation into the role of the individual and community they belong to as it is a narrative about two Hawkeyes and a dog taking on a crime syndicate ...more
Jack Stannard
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Okay... This looks bad. Really, really bad. But believe it or not, it's only the third most-terrible idea I've had today and today I've had exactly nine terrible ideas."

The 'Hawkeye' omnibus by Matt Fraction and David Aja is quite simply brilliant. Funny. Lighthearted. Entertaining. Original. And bro, did I mention that it's really funny, bro?

Have you ever wondered what an Avenger gets up to on his days off? Well, you're in luck! Follow the life of the most underrated Avenger, the
David
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible. Art, story, dialogue - everything's great. Fraction and Aja do a lot of interesting things with storytelling and it works really well. This is a book I'll be recommending and pushing on everyone I can.
Brandt
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
When you've read as many comic books as I have, you're going to have opinions about the different characters you encounter as part of your reading. Usually you will hold on to those opinions until someone comes along and shows you a version of that character that you up to that point you had not conceived of. I remember this happening to me vividly when I saw Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2. Up until that point I had always considered Doctor Octopus to be a fairly boring member of the Spider-Man rogues ...more
Kate
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really really love this series. I was finally able to pick up the Omnibus, reread, and finish the last few issues. I highly recommend.
Lena Barsky
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD. SO, SO GOOD. THE ONLY THING DONE BY STUPID, STUPID MARVEL THAT MATTERS. I'm gutted that this didn't have a longer run — so much left to explore. LONG LIVE HAWKGUY / HAWKEYE / PIZZA DOG.
Ashish Iyer
It's a great run. It was lots of fun, had classic Hawkeye one liners, the passing of the torch by bringing in Kate, and is well written and well drawn.
Zach
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
If the dog had died, this would have been zero stars bro.
Scott Dieterle
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this iteration of Hawkeye - Clint Barton & Kate Bishop. Fun storyline along with interesting art and layout making it a unique collection in my opinion.
Conner Crawford
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
NOTE: Consider this a review for Hawkeye, Vol. 4, Issues 1-22 and not for the Omnibus. I personally read the series using Marvel Unlimited. The Omnibus is overpriced, but it might be worth picking up on sale if you want a physical compilation. I personally have no issues with using Marvel Unlimited, even if the app can be buggy. I would personally recommend using Marvel Unlimited despite its shortcomings because it is the most cost and space-efficient method of reading any number of comics, but ...more
J'aime
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the Avengers vs X-Men event, Marvel relaunched all their series under a new branding “Marvel Now!” It was supposed to make it easier for new readers to enter the Marvel Universe without needing tons of backstory/continuity. Which is why I decided to try Hawkeye, whose series I had never read. I had only encountered him as part of Avengers team series, or in crossovers. I like the character, so I picked up his newly launched title with Matt Fraction at the helm.

The biggest problem I have
Tshepiso
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hawkeye was an amazing graphic novel. I adore the characterization, the plot, the art style.

The story follows Clint Barton, Avenger, Sharpshooter. He takes on the role of defender of an apartment complex in Bed Stuy, New York after a tracksuit mafia targets it for demolition. This puts Clint on the kill list of the powers that be, but despite the consistent threat to his life by Ivan and the rest of the tracksuit mafia Clint defends the apartment at all costs.

Clint Barton is an excellent
Josh Angel
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a super fun, dark-yet-somehow-lighthearted, quirky, and fresh action-comedy that showcases how good a comic can be when you pair great writers and artists.

On paper I don’t think I’d be keen on a comic that alternates character/storylines with each issue, but in this case it works brilliantly. The Clint Barton issues are more bleak, but have brilliant art by David Aja that is so fresh and inventive that it easily elevates the often morose stories into the stratosphere. I found Clint to
Anthony Stewart
5 (Random) Thoughts

-Matt Fraction joins my recent all-time classics of Super Hero comics: "Vision" and "Top 10" with his stellar run of "Hawkeye." I am no comic expert. I only read the stuff that comes highly recommended (Saga, Vision, now Hawkleye) or by writers I have consistently enjoyed (Alan Moore, Rick Remender). For series I only read them in large volumes or omnibuses. I will let others discuss the cost of the book (yikes) or the quality of the paper (seemed to turn just fine for me).

Jesse0713
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lately I read the 2012 Hawkeye run by Matt Fraction. The way the story proceeded made me feel like I was watching a TV series, there were also many cinematographic methods used in the comic book.
Chief artist David Aja brought many creative layouts into this comic. Like in one issue where Clint’s dog Lucky was the main character, there’s almost no text in it, only many diagrams and architectural multi-view drawings could be seen, which made me, an architecture student, felt very familiar. In
Jason Luna
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Hawkeye takes a very bold step into modern comics in this collection. Part realistic/humorous look at superheroics, part detective story, part personal tragedy, part minimalist art work that also tries to be ambitious art work in its way,
it avoids classification and makes for a diverting and interesting read, even if the story and the connective stuff of this collection is not the most exciting or unique.

It starts with a confusing more than anything else look at the Young Avengers, where Kate
Nick

For a Marvel comic collection -- this was great!

Both the male and female Hawkeyes are regular humans with no superpowers. He's just an upper-middle-class white guy who's really good with a bow, and pretty good at fighting, while she's a spoiled rich, somehow teenage, daddy's girl with similar skills. In order to beat bad guys tougher or more numerous than themselves, they have to use their wits, their skill, and fancy, if somewhat gimmicky [which the comic mocks self-referentially], arrows.

« previous 1 3 next »

• The Vision
  • Hawkeye, Volume 3
  • The Planetary Omnibus (Planetary, Vols. 1-4)
  • The Immortal Iron Fist: The Complete Collection, Vol. 1
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 3: Hulk In Hell
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 2: The Green Door
  • Mister Miracle
  • New X-Men: Omnibus
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 1: Or is he Both?
  • Doctor Strange by Donny Cates
"How he got started in comics: In 1983, when Fraction was 7 years old and growing up in Kansas City, Mo., he became fascinated by the U.S. invasion of Grenada and created his own newspaper to explain the event. "I've always been story-driven, telling stories with pictures and words," he said.

Education and first job: Fraction never graduated from college. He stopped half a semester short of an art

Hawkeye (2012) (Collected Editions) (6 books)
  • Hawkeye, Volume 1: My Life as a Weapon