Start by marking “Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation Why” as Want to Read:
Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation Why

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation Why

(Ms. Marvel (Collected Editions) #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  20,914 Ratings  ·  2,011 Reviews
Who is the Inventor, and what does he want with the all-new Ms. Marvel and all her friends? Maybe Wolverine can help! If Kamala can stop fan-girling out about meeting her favorite super hero, that is. Then, Kamala crosses paths with Inhumanity -- by meeting the royal dog, Lockjaw! But why is Lockjaw really with Kamala? As Ms. Marvel discovers more about her past, the Inven ...more
Published April 7th 2015 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2, please sign up.
Kathy Joy I see no reason why not, although just to let you know there are mild scenes of teens drinking, and references to taking drugs (One character in the…moreI see no reason why not, although just to let you know there are mild scenes of teens drinking, and references to taking drugs (One character in the first volume insinuates another must be on drugs as they are acting a little odd) but so far you never see anyone do it, but it is referenced but no more than would be in a PG13 movies. This is the only 'red flag' content I can think of so if you're okay with it, and you think your 9 year old will be, I highly recommend it.(less)
Lauraisnerdy03 If you are talking physically meaning did this story actually happen to someone then no. This is a fictional superhero comic that is part of the…moreIf you are talking physically meaning did this story actually happen to someone then no. This is a fictional superhero comic that is part of the Marvel universe which is also not “real”. If you are asking if this is an actual book then yes, you are able to physically pick it up and read it. I know from experience because I happen to own this editions of the Ms Marvel comics. I hope that helped!(less)

Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
SUCH A GREAT SEQUEL. If you're not on the Ms. Marvel train yet, hop on, because it's great. My only complaint with this was the ending, it kind of went in a CHEESEBALL direction with Kamala giving this unnecessary motivational speech.
Anne
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Ms. Marvel
Please don't hate me, but...
I didn't love this as much as everyone else.

The first part with Wolverine was a lot of fun, and, at the same time, sort of touching and sweet. The art was pretty ugly in spots, but I'm learning to suck it up and move past that sort of thing. Kinda.

description

Warning: Some Spoilers Ahead!

I also enjoyed Lockjaw showing up to be her pet, but the whole 'he couldn't come inside because he was unclean' thing sort of threw me. I guess this is part of her religion, but I wish it had bee
Lola
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superheroes
Ms. Marvel meets Wolverine. Literally. They collaborate on a mission to save the world… or at least the *under*world.

And she gets a new sidekick: a ginormous dog that can teleport itself anywhere it (or Kamala) wants. Because a dog is a human’s best friend, right? Seriously, Lockjaw is one of the cutest creatures I’ve ever laid eyes on. Plus it understands human language (though it can’t speak it in return) so how cool is that?

Very. Otherwise, Kamala discovers more about who she is and where he
Kemper
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, comics, superhero
If comic book characters actually aged in real time then the Marvel universe would be filled with a superheroes more worried about changing their adult diapers and making the early bird special at the local buffet than saving the world. That’s not how it works, but it’s still nice to know that the next generation of costumed crime fighters includes people like Kamala Khan because she seems more than up to the job.

Kamala continues her adjustment to being a superhero in this collection in which sh
Sam Quixote
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-comics-2015
Kamala Khan: Muslim? American? No – Inhuman!

Kamala, a teenager from New Jersey, gets superpowers after encountering the Terrigen Mist (the fallout cloud from the Terrigen bomb detonated by Black Bolt during Thanos’ latest invasion of Earth). She has a healing factor, she can grow large or small, and she can shapeshift; Kamala Khan is the new Ms Marvel!

In this second book, Kamala’s still on the trail of The Inventor, a mad villain with the head of a cockatiel who’s been abducting school children
Nat
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
description
This review contains *spoilers*.

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2 continues with Kamala Khan's mission to protect her hometown, Jersey City, and the people she loves. And she'll do it as Ms. Marvel!

Too bad being a hero comes with a downside: mysterious, creepy villains who are set on taking her down. First up: The Inventor. And finding out that he is a bird/ human hybrid clone of Thomas Edison is surprisingly not the weirdest thing about him... He's using runaway kids to power his robots.

Things get worse when
HFK
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paidkindle, graphics
It has been awhile since I read the first volume of marvelous Ms. Marvel, and I was anxious to get my hands on more volumes, so I was more than happy to see them on sale awhile back. I have got them all (well the ones that have been published so far), I rules.

Let me just start by saying that I absolutely adore Kamala as a character. She is young but so very strong-minded, stubborn, caring, nice and funny personality. She is very much the kind of young lady you would want your teenager to be arou
Lindsey Rey
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, graphic-novels
[4.5 Stars]
Bradley
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm all goopy eyed over this last volume. It was great except for one small tiny detail. Wolverine looked like shit. Proportions all wrong and sad and so not right.

Other than that, I love seeing the Inhumans and Lockjaw. He really is cute and cuddly.

And as for the MESSAGE, well, I'm just gonna say it. You youngins are pretty worthless. I'm on the side of the Inventor! Muahahahaha

Fun stuff!
Erica
Hello, I'm Erica and I'm coming to you today from way out in The Minority, reporting to you on what it's like to not like this volume.

I'd put on the cone of shame for this but I'm currently in the position of believing it's not me, this time, and that everyone else is dazzled by some spell that doesn't get through my hard noggin' into my shriveled little brain.

I will still read the third volume but if things don't pick up by then, I'm done.

This book is pissing me right off.
To me, the story is su
Terence
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kamala has a lot to learn as a superhero, but in this volume she's fortunate enough to get some help from Wolverine and some Inhumans most notably Lockjaw in her quest to defeat The Inventor.

I'm not sure why, but I liked Generation Why considerably more than the first volume No Normal. Perhaps the goofiness was more manageable or perhaps thanks to my Marathon Marvel Unlimited month I've found new appreciation for different storylines.

First I have to say I appreciated the message that young peopl
Shannon (leaninglights)
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. This is such a great sequel! I loved seeing another *famous* superhero come into the story and I can't wait to see the next chapter of Ms. Marvel's journey. There are a lot of great life lessons in this graphic novels and I think they would be great for all ages :)
Michael Finocchiaro
Great followup to Vol 1 where Kamala Khan teams up with her favorite hero Wolverine to stop a giant alligator in the first part, and gets a new pet and a first direct conflict with The Inventer (“I’m not a bird!!”) Entertaining, well-drawn and humorous as always. A great read!
Lᴀʏᴀ  Rᴀɴɪ
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
No Normal is a basic narrative about a likable heroine still finding her way and still at odds on how to best define herself, but it's a riveting read that you should all keep going forward with. Sure, she's catered to be a representation of a certain minority and that may come off as pandering to some but that's not all she is. She will grow over the course of the issues and for me that does happen in Generation Why, the second volume collection that proves to be a stronger installment of the s ...more
Trina (Between Chapters)
Still love Kamala as a character. Still just not a big fan of this story, her powers, or the villain. Some of the action sequences felt lacking when compared to other comics I've read. But I enjoyed this volume much more than the first one.
Kate (GirlReading)
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-favourites
Ms Marvel needs her own movie asap. It's just a scientific fact. Ms Marvel needs her own movie.

This was fantastic, another brilliant edition to this graphic novel series which has very quickly become my favourite.
This was packed with action, humour and insight into society and culture.

One of the things I adore about this series is the insight we get into Kamala's internal struggle figure out and balance her identities in her culture, religion, society and of course, the whole new world of sup
Sesana
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, superhumans
How awesome is Kamala? She's so awesome that not even Wolverine can upstage her. Yes, she fangirls him at first, but they end up working very well together. And Wilson is incredibly adept at writing Wolverine teamed up with an excitable teenage girl, something he's historically been good at. Those two issues are so much fun to read, and they'd be my first choice to hand off to somebody who hadn't yet gotten hooked on Ms. Marvel.

Wolverine is the banner character, but the Lockjaw appearances are
Bhanuj

This is the first time I find a comic sequel as good as the first one, even better maybe.

Nerdy interests, conservative parents and poly morphing super powers, Kamala Khan sure had an adventurous volume one. And now in this sequel, Ms. Marvel, our very own Jersey City superhero, finally come face to face with the Inventor!

Ms Marvel gets her shoes dirty as she descents into the sewers of Jersey City and faces the Inventor. What I thought was a chicken at first sight turned out to be a Bird…err…cor
Ashley Brooks
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was fun, topical and full of fun gaming references. Very enjoyable series.
Fafa's Book Corner
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge One and Done.
Ashley
I was a pretty big fan of the first Ms. Marvel starring Kamala Khan, but it seems now that Wilson has Kamala’s origin story out of the way, it’s really just time to have some fun. I LOVED this. Kamala is adorable. I love her stupid face. She’s sweet and funny and enthusiastic and deadpan and so determined.

A lot of it is that Kamala is so young. She’s only sixteen and full of notions about what a superhero should be. She’s still learning her powers, which are largely untested, but bad guys are co
Anna (Curiosity comes before Kay)
I loved the Wolverine/mentor storyline. And maybe it was just that she'd settled in more to her double life, but until the horrible preachy bits near the end it was better than the first volume for me, by far!!! Also, giant super-powered dog named Lockjaw. SO CUTE!!! Even the birdman clone of Edison cracked me up, to be honest. The "whole youth of tomorrow" plot line and the preachy "make a difference and work together" lecture by Kamala to the runaways annoyed the shit out of me. So over that s ...more
Calista
Ok, I finally get it. I read the first volume of Ms. Marvel and I wasn't impressed. Why was this so popular? I kept seeing the love this series got and I thoroughly enjoyed this second volume. Her origin story is out of the way and we get to see Ms. Marvel. This was really a great time. Wolverine shows up and the Inhumans show up at times. Lockjaw is a whole lot of fun. I guess I am going to have to read the inhumans now too.

I enjoyed the art and I enjoyed the bad guy or bad bird. Who would have
Crystal Starr Light
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bullet Review:

Sooooooo much fun. Now that origin story is out of the way, we can have these fun stories of her own - such as teaming up with Wolverine! (My fav storyline - and I'm not even a Wolverine fan girl!)
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Respect, realisation, comic, strength, WOLVERINE.

Even better than the first!

Honestly, I have the biggest girl-crush ever on Kamala. She's awesome.

And she gets more and more awesome as I read on.
Gavin
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Gleefully, this arrived at the library for me in record time...I think less than 3 weeks since I read vol. 1?

Anyhow, I'm happy to say there's no sophomore slump for Ms. Marvel Vol. 2.

I also think that while not perfect, the problems are good problems to have, and not major issues.

The art in the Wolverine team up was OK, but Wolverine looked like a Box with a head pasted on, and what was with that costume? However, must say the story was cute and feels-y enough that I didn't really mind, and the
Damon
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Still fun.
Nikki
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this more than the first volume. It felt less like it was setting the scene, and it got down to the important stuff: superhero team-ups, more self-discovery, bigger plots, etc, etc. Kamala teams up with Wolverine and (separately) Lockjaw, sent by Queen Medusa of the Inhumans to guide her somewhat. I loved the interactions with Wolverine — fangirly, cute, funny, but also serious. He’s her mentor, teaches her some important things about her powers and how to live with them, and he relies o ...more
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • The Shadow Hero
  • The Adventures of Superhero Girl
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 1: Trust Me
  • Black Widow, Volume 1: The Finely Woven Thread
Hugo Award-winning writer of comics and novels including MS MARVEL and ALIF THE UNSEEN.

Ms. Marvel (Collected Editions) (10 books)
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 8: Mecca
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 10

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
“A hero is just somebody who tries to do the right thing even when it's hard.
There are more of us than you think.”
30 likes
“Kamala: You're WOLVERINE! My Wolverine-and-Storm-in-space fanfic was the third-most upvoted story on Freaking Awesome last month!
Logan: Oh my God.
Kamala: I had you guys fighting this giant alien blob that farts wormholes!
Logan: Sounds great, kid.
[pause]
Logan: Wait--so what was the MOST upvoted story?
Kamala: Umm...Cyclops and Emma Frost's romantic vacation in Paris?
Logan: This is the worst day of my life.”
12 likes