Start by marking “Captain Marvel, Volume 2: Stay Fly” as Want to Read:
Captain Marvel, Volume 2: Stay Fly

Captain Marvel, Volume 2: Stay Fly (Captain Marvel (2014) (Collected Editions) #2)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  3,565 Ratings  ·  297 Reviews
Captain Marvel’s space adventure with her pet cat, Chewie, continues! But when they have an unexpected alien visitor, Carol learns that Rocket Raccoon was right: There’s more to Chewie than meets the eye! Chewie is a Flerkin…and a mom to hundreds! Is this the end for Carol and her pet? Then, Carol has her hands full with a special guest-star from the X-Universe: rock and r ...more
Published April 8th 2015 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Captain Marvel, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Marvel, Volume 2

Jeff
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
This one was okay.

Well, Rocket, I thought the storyline about Captain Marvel protecting her cat was cutesy fun, but it just didn’t push the humor envelope as much as it could have.

This volume was certainly less dour than one of the Captain Marvel Volume One’s that I’ve read. (Hint: there's more than one. Bite me, Marvel!)

The Lila Cheney storyline was awful. Rock music and comics go together like my grandma and fish net stockings. One vote for Lila Cheney being the worst mutant ever. Redundant po
Kemper
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, comics, superhero
Rocket Raccoon tried to tell Captain Marvel that her pet cat, Chewie, wasn’t really a cat at all but an alien called a Flerken that would lay eggs everywhere. Carol didn’t buy this, but it turns out that Rocket was right. Let this be a lesson to us all. When a talking space raccoon tries to tell you that your pet isn’t what it seems, you should listen.

Before you can cough up a furball Captain Marvel, Rocket, and their new alien friend Tic are up to their armpits in Flerken eggs while some bad gu
Anne
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rocket & Chewie steal the show in Stay Fly!

description

Warning: Sorta-Kinda Spoilers Ahead!
Honestly, if you've been reading this title, you saw this coming, but the spoiler warning is for the whiner babies. You know who you are...

The best part of this volume is (of course) the stuff with Chewie. Rocket and his big mouth have let it slip that he thinks Carol's cat is a Flerken. If true, she would be the last of her kind. And her kind are able to create pathways to pocket dimensions. Or something like tha
Shannon (leaninglights)
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as solid as the first one but I liked the ending a lot!
emily
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, 2015
maybe more like 3.7? 3.8?

I didn't enjoy this volume as much as Captain Marvel's first volume. It felt really disconnected to me; all of the issues included didn't really fit into a common story arc. The first 2 had their own arc about the cat-flerken, which I wasn't too captivated by (thought the Rocket Raccoon cameo was appreciated). The next 2 issues I honestly just didn't understand. It was all about a rockstar who could travel to other dimensions (or galaxies?? I couldn't tell) and made Ca
Ashley
I would be dishonest if I said this volume wasn’t a bit of a letdown after how much I loved Higher, Faster, Further, More. I still love the art. I still love the characters. I still love the sense of humor. But the three stories that make up this particular volume were just so lightweight. Almost bordering on the absurd. One of these would probably have been okay, but three in a row knocked this down a star. I need a little bit of pathos with my absurdity, thank you very much.

The first story was
Viv JM
Totally bonkers and a bit confusing, but nevertheless great fun!
James DeSantis
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Some funny bits but Captain Marvel just doesn't jive with me. I think I'll like the movie though. I hope.
Nikki
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
If you’re not a fan of Captain Marvel, this issue probably isn’t going to make you into one. The three storylines are relatively light, though there is some sweet stuff — parts where Spider-woman, Rhodey, Kit, Tic and Chewie all appear. One of the storylines focuses on Chewie, in fact, with Rocket Raccoon along for the ride. There’s also a nice bit with Tracy, continuing the theme of her relationship with Carol.

A lot of this is funny/silly, and I love Takara’s art style. But it’s not any kind of
Renata
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"in space, no one can hear you MEOWWWHISSSS"

shut up, I'm dying, I'm dead, I'm 20 ghosts

LOOK AT THE COVER OF THIS, IT'S LITERALLY RAINING CATS* ON HER

* fine, cat-like aliens

I can't deal with how fun and sweet and badass this all is. I CANNOT deal.
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Captain Marvel sure is hilarious! She was totally tough here although this Volume felt pretty disjointed with a lot of seemingly random adventures. I loved the whole Fleerkin thing with the Guardians of the Galaxies and Captain Marvel kicking ass as always.
Sesana
Mar 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Silly fun, but Carol really needs to get back to Earth.
Sarah Churchill
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
To me this was a bit of a let down after the awesomeness of Volume 1. The first couple of issues in here were great, Rocket was fantastic and Chewie the cat... it's just hilarious. But then we go on another 'adventure' that I just found unnecessary, strange and a bit silly in the grand scheme of things. Maybe those characters will reappear further along the story arc and all will make sense, but for now it's just odd and not that interesting.

I will, obviously, continue with the series. It's Cap
ellie
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
"I think I'd rather marry a cat."
"I can arrange that."
Jim
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Captain Marvel and Rocket Racoon are great together, always disagree and still help each other ( like brothers and sisters )
I enjoyed the 7 and 8 issue of cource, but after that its nothing special.
If you are a fan of Captain Marvel (like me) It is worth it a look
Sailor
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
The first volume was perfect, so of course I wanted to continue with this.

Pros:
-a hilarious plot involving Carol, her cat, and Rocket raccoon
-great artwork
-very unique plot lines
-a rockstar that can teleport

Cons:
-while the rockstar plot was fun, it was kind of weak and lacking
-only the last issue was on the intense/serious side

I highly enjoyed this volume and it's now made it to my favorites which up until now only consisted of The Unbelievable Gwenpool!
David
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: alien girls who've never been kissed, superheroines afraid of rats, flerkins
The second book in the new Captain Marvel series was still entertaining, but not so much as the first. In particular, I rather liked the first part, as much as it was obviously fanbait with the cat/"flerkin" storyline and Rocket Raccoon making a guest appearance. The second half, involving an alien prince who is being forced to marry against his will (obvious reversed-gender role fable here) in a culture where everyone has to speak in rhymes (leading to some hilarious efforts by Carol, who is cl ...more
Kristen
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heck yes! This is very likely the most fun I've had reading a Captain Marvel comic, and maybe one of the most entertaining comic books I've read, period. DeConnick writes in plenty of humour and balances it with moments that tug at your heart. Of course, it's Carol Danvers, so there's also a lot of punching and blasting, which is just the way I like it.

I love how Carol interacts with the other characters (especially Jessica Drew), and it helps that they're all likable.
A couple examples here and
Sidekicks Wanted
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emily, marvel, space, trade
Why did I pick this book?

It's Captain Marvel. Duh.

The Verdict?
I want a Kit spin-off. I want nothing but that spunky little girl showing her friends how they too can be heroic like her friend Captain Marvel.

I have to say that I think I enjoy Carol's adventures on Earth more than I enjoy her adventures in space. I enjoy her interactions with her friends and "family" back on Earth, so issue 10 is by far my favorite part of this book. While I don't love the storyline in it, I am impressed that one
Sam Thoms
This was just super weird. I really wasn't into the plot, it kept taking super strange turns and I wasn't feeling it. Captain Marvel is an interesting character and I really want to love her but I am not enjoying this run. However, at the moment there is only 1 more volume and I am pretty certain that it's the last one for this run so I am planning to finish it, maybe. I really really want to like these. Sigh.
Andy
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This continues the quality with a generally light and humorous approach, making for an enjoyable read. The Chewie reveal was fun even if obvious though the follow up rhyming story felt weak. The Christmas 2 parter had some nice moments including a Santa cameo!? Great art and Carol remains a very enjoyable character.
Alice
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This one is pure, silly fluff! Rocket Raccoon was right, Chewie is a Flerken and she's pregnant.. they is a wedding.. and Santa. There is no way I can seriously review this.

It's entertaining and cute, not much to dislike but not as good as volume 1. The Chewie and Raccoon stuff was hilarious, but the rest was a bit needlessly bizarre and didn't seem to fit.
Christina
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Captain Marvel's character but never more than when she is being annoyed by Rocket. And then again even more when she is surrounded by kittens or flerken or whatever those furry things are...
Becky
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
There's no point even writing a review for this, just read them. Ms. DeConnick is flawless and I will break your teeth if you disagree.
Aaron
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
For some reason, this volume felt like a big step down from DeConnick's previous Captain Marvel stuff. Everything just felt a little too much like filler, without any real forward momentum for the character or her supporting cast. Additionally, since each of these stories has to kind of stand on its own merits, I think they naturally run a higher risk of being underwhelming, which is just kind of how they each struck me this time.

Instead of the single, larger story of volume 1 (which I really en
Cale
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The first two issues collected here are a lot of fun - with Carol and Rocket having over-the-top space adventures with Carol's cat that is almost as funny as it is action-oriented. However, the third issue, with a female Bowie-style musician and all rhyming dialog is a bit of a misfire, never quite living up to its premise. Fortunately, the final issues, where Carol gets letters from home and visits NYC for 24 hours, regain their balance of fun and character and action, although neither quite ma ...more
Yasmine
Love it! Review to come soon
Syd (deertales)
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
enjoyable but not as great as volume one. there was one seemingly random issue with a world of rhyming people and that was just.... a little bizarre. but i love how captain marvel handles herself in all of these crazy situations; she is very true to herself which is great.

not going to lie, i didn’t know who half of these returning characters were.... maybe i should have started at the beginning BEGINNING with captain marvel, but i just found this art to be so eye catching!

carol is great, i real
Elizabeth
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I feel in love during the first book, so it was hard to beat that,but I liked this one too! It wasn't as intense, but I liked seeing more of her interaction with other characters, and the whole rhyming story was fun.
Brandon
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm giving this book 5 stars not only because it was a fun, humorous sci-fi space adventure but because Kelly Sue DeConnick gave me exactly what I was hoping for, namely, A Captain Marvel character I can enjoy. In the first volume she was too bi-polar and flakey for my tastes but in this volume she has her act more together living up to some of the promise hinted at in volume #1. The Captain still has her moments of course and Rocket Raccoon will still drive her crazy but now she deals with it b ...more
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days
  • Black Widow, Volume 2: The Tightly Tangled Web
  • Hawkeye, Volume 4: Rio Bravo
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Disorderly Conduct
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer?
  • Rocket Raccoon, Volume 2: Storytailer
  • Ms. Marvel, Volume 1: Best of the Best
  • Hawkeye vs. Deadpool
  • Princeless, Vol. 3: The Pirate Princess
  • Storm Vol. 1: Make it Rain

Captain Marvel (2014) (Collected Editions) (3 books)
  • Captain Marvel, Volume 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More