Start by marking “Seven Conversations” as Want to Read:
Seven Conversations

Read Excerpt

Seven Conversations

What happens when we choose happiness over convenience?

Seven Conversations is a thought experiment on life and existence. The characters might be fictitious but their questions are not.

For Meera Sachdev, choosing a divorce at an early age of thirty over comfortable and convenient life was a leap of faith. Leaving her successful career and friends behind in United States, s
Published by Leadstart Publishing (first published August 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Conversations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Conversations

Start your review of Seven Conversations
Disha
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book has a very simple story, story of a girl next door. A story of pain and healing. A journey so beautiful. A book which connects you to God without really preaching it or being too loud. A MUST Read!

The best line of the book "When loving becomes as involuntary as your breathing - you would have reached the state where loving means simply existing, it is not done to reap any benefits".
Meghant Parmar
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it
When there's will there's a way. Even if you are down and out in life there's not much to speak about yourself then you look up to the unexpected quarters to make you wary of what it is all about. This is how the story traverses a journey from self belief to spirituality to life's secrets which are hidden in plain sight yet unknown to mankind.

The story is smooth rather it's one's failures which make them pursue an out of the box idea to find peace and solace. The book adds quality and gives dec
Merrybrains Book Reviews
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

BOOK REVIEW: SEVEN CONVERSATIONS BY NISTHA TRIPATHI
Ratings: 4.5/5

A first time writer writing about the raw dreams with a beautiful simple and traditional style of narration. Seven conversations is one refreshing coffee. Nistha has wonderfully rendered and set a base for how can a good writer be more wiser than her age. The book is a mix of emotions and spirituality which talks about karma and different aspects of life. One of the wonderful quote I loved from this book is ” When loving becomes as
Piyush Dubey
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing.!!! The best book I have ever read on self-discovery. Really well written and engaging story. The author had beautifully described how we miss day-to-day happiness over success. A MUST read for everyone. Waiting for the next book by the author.

P.S:- My favourite from the book, “Life teaches what no organization can”.
Prashant
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hindu mythology is a rich source of philosophy, its entrenched with life wisdom relevant for all ages casts and creeds in form of simple fables, complex characters and extraordinary stories.

The book is a brilliant first attempt from the author. Its a modern day tale intertwined that age old wisdom. It has all those challenges and obstacles that we all face in our day to day life and at times its more than tempting to surrender to those challenges, but the protagonist Meera surrenders to the div
Jayesh Gopalan
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What is love ? What is happiness ? We all struggle with the same question.
Once you start reading the conversation of the character Meera with Lord Krsna it will help you in finding the answer.

The story starts with Meera returning to India, but the book gets interesting from City of Justice part.

There are many great quotes in this book, two quotes which i really liked:

Prabodh Tripathi
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every word is meticulously crafted so that the reader can relate herself/himself to Meera, the protagonist. She lost her happiness. HER HAPPINESS! The thing that I 'now' believe is what matters most. This book is an adventure of finding her happiness and letting everything else go. You can't help but become a part of it. 'Krishna' is a bonus!
It took me three months to finish this book. I blame the author who dared me to choose happiness over convenience. And I blame her frequency of giving those
Aniruddh Vijayvargiya
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
The philosophical learning in the book has been made easy to understand through the storytelling, which unfolds as the story progresses. Although the book begins with a painful backdrop, initially it takes you through the typical societal mindset.
It tell us how we occupy ourselves with the irrelevant. It inspires through its characters to overcome our own programmed brain to go beyond and seek true answers for our happiness. All the answers lie within, just need to cut the noise.
Pardeep Goyal
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is perfect blend of fiction+spirituality+self help. It started with a story of simple girl and take you through a journey of adventures. Art of storytelling is so powerful that author takes you into different dimension of imagination, so addictive that you skip your meal to complete the book. Emotions are expressed so intensely that it feels like reflection of real person's experiences, somewhere you doubt between fiction and auto-biography. It ends with a beautiful message and learning.
Prachi Pandey
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous way of story-telling by a first-time writer. Nistha’s inner voice rings so clear and true. The narration is so vivid, that I found myself moving through the streets of Vrindavan with the characters. The book is copiously filled with mystical bonding between Meera & Krsna. Soon after flipping first few pages the story starts gaining shape and grips you. A must read for all the people who are looking forward to follow their heart and chase their dreams! ...more
Meera
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Meera Sachdev is a back in India with her parents after a rather painful divorce. Seven Conversations is Meera’s journey of re – discovering herself during this difficult time; it’s her spiritual awakening and taking a leap of faith. Off letting go, moving on and choosing happiness.

I won the book as a giveaway from goodreads. Being the debut book, the author Nistha Tripathi has a promising start.
Kanika Kalia
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Well written especially if you are able to overcome the predictable opening chapters. They seem to be a deliberate attempt at use of English language in various similes. Once when you're through this part the book picks itself up and is a pleasure read. I picked it up as an experiment and don't regret it one bit.
Vageesha
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am so Happy that, I got to read this book at right time when i needed answer for questions too.

This book takes you to another world with simple theme in and few characters but all the characters are effective and thoughtful in nature.

A Book with many dimensions ; In spiritual,philosophical,Modern scores very well.

Definitely read for new experience.
Ravi Tripathi
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked the author's imagination and simplification of the learnings of Bhagvat Geeta. There is an emotional connection with the story that keeps you hooked to it. This is a story that teaches you that problems in life are not worth wasting it. MUST READ.
Kamal Kapoor
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Captivating book on self-discovery by a first time author. The exchanges between doting and worried parents and the protagonist are particularly poignant. The tale moves from Southern Alps in New Zealand to Vrindavan to the mystic City of Justice as the protagonist searches for self.
Sheetal Dash
Seems interesting.Wanna read it.
Disha
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
All what I can say is Wonderful and Impressive!
Prakhar
Jul 30, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: favourites
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads. I haven't received the book yet but the premises seems interesting and I'm excited to read and review it.
pls look into it.
Priyanka Batra Harjai
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Seven conversations by Nistha Tripathi is a book that goes beyond words. In today’s life when we all are hustling and bustling fast meeting the ends, we rarely get time to sit and ponder upon with ourselves. This is a thought-provoking work that inspires you to take a sneak –peak into yourself only to re-discover your true self. Indeed, this comes out to be a self-realization exercise that enlightens you with loads of information and insight into being human.

Meera Sachdev, a representation of di
Kapil Bhati
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nistha - another Kahlil Gibran in the making ! Masterful literary work !!!

'Seven Conversations' is a refreshing spiritual fictional novel - elegantly written, with lucid & almost masterful rendition of highly abstract Hindu spiritual concepts, and some beautiful story-telling.

What makes the work more special is that it comes from a very young, first-time (if we discount her prolific ability to churn out post after post on her spectacular blog) & self-made author who is wise beyond her years.

Th
Sanjeev Kotnala
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Thank you NISTHA TRIPATHI (The author) for reaching out to me and sharing this book ‘SEVEN CONVERSATIONS’. Truthfully speaking, in the normal course of life, I certainly would have missed out. I would have failed to pick this and the loss would completely been mine. That is for the content not the format or the narration.

Life is an experiment and it will remain so. Everything is MAYA (illusion) and hence you will never be sure about anything that you see, hear, feel, smell or taste. Because the
JJ Singh
Jan 04, 2015
Abhishek singh
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
A successful Wall Street professional and early employee in Manhattan startups, Nistha returned to India in 2012 to start her own Indian entrepreneurial journey. After a couple of attempts, she found success in Scholar Strategy, an education counseling company that prides itself in helping 100s of students getting into top universities across the world including Harvard and MIT. This unique lifest ...more

Related Articles

“Every person you meet has been assigned to play a role in your story as you are assigned to play one in someone else’s. I often say that the people we come across can be one of the four kinds. They can be like pebbles, fountains, quagmire or bridges. Pebbles are those who you meet commonly and in abundance. They do not facilitate anything great but they help you continue walking on this journey of life. Everyone you cross in life without really connecting with them are pebbles. Then there are fountains – who spring water of happiness on you. They bring positivity and joy; they nourish your soul and irrigate the seeds of good thoughts. Your friends, well-wishers are all fountains. Then, on the other end of the spectrum, you have quagmires. These are the people who cause you pain. Now, even some pebbles may have caused you pain as it happens if you tread on a barbed pebble but the difference is that quagmires do that on purpose. They pull you down, induce fear and negativity by discouraging you and worrying you. They will not let you move on – that’s why they keep you bogged down in your failures. Finally, the rarest ones are the bridges – they connect you to unchartered ground that you wouldn’t have reached on your own. They unite you to your destiny. With them, your plane of consciousness expands, you see things you have not seen before; your life becomes more aware, more enlightened. Your parents, your teachers and anyone who touches your life and transcends it into something more beautiful – they are all bridges.” 7 likes
“Life teaches what no organization can” 3 likes