Start by marking “Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)

Seduction and Snacks

(Chocolate Lovers #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  47,861 ratings  ·  5,668 reviews
An alternate cover of this ASIN can be found here.

Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life.

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life fo
Published June 22nd 2012 (first published June 11th 2012)

Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecTangled by Emma ChasePerfection by R.L. Mathewson
Funny as Hell!
2,118 books — 6,026 voters
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaWallbanger by Alice ClaytonBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
2,922 books — 6,527 voters

More lists with this book...

·  47,861 ratings  ·  5,668 reviews

Tough Critic Book Reviews
Tara Sivec...my vagina salutes you

The unfiltered hilarity of this book made me laugh and orgasm at the same time. Can you laugh yourself into an orgasm?? Never in my life have I been so damn proud to have a vagina! I normally don't like vagina; it can be very territorial. When vagina...vaginas...vagini? When vagini get around each other, the pussy claws come out and everything becomes one big competition. It's like the f**king whoo-ha olympics; every twat for themselves. But deep down insi
Kristen
DNF

This book started out hilarious and I was having a blast reading it until I wasn't. It stopped being funny and started to become annoying. Very annoying, over-the-top, and ridiculous. Just too much! For me, this is one of those books that tries too hard to be funny and ends up failing because of it. And, boy, was it crude! Not a fun combination for me!

I believe whether or not this book works for a reader depends solely on what one considers humorous. For those wondering if t
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Okay guys, this is, hands down, the most HILARIOUS romance I have ever read!!!!

No book has EVER made me laugh this hard. I giggled, squeed, snorted, and cried with laughter to the point where I’d have to stop reading in order to catch my breath!! PURE FUN!

But the best part was that it wasn’t just a funny story – it had everything! It was oh-so-swoony with some seriously omg-fan-yourself H.O.T and steamy bedroom scenes and an absolutely heart-meltingly sweet and beautiful story about a family finding eac
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Seduction and Snacks is one of - if not the - funniest book I’ve ever read. It’s an irreverent look at single parenting, dating, finding true love and… well, it’s a story about so much!

Claire and Carter are a great couple. I loved that there was NOT a bunch of drama… loved that Carter took on his role of father without hesitation, and those ‘becoming a parent’ moments were some of the funniest scenes ever written. Gavin is a precocious, too-smart-for-his-own-good four year old with a potty mouth that
S.C. Stephens
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only is this book pee-your-pants funny, it’s incredibly hot!! It’s also romantic, sweet, sassy, and fun. I absolutely loved it, and I’m going to make all of my friends read it. Then I’m going to make them text me their favorite lines, so I can laugh all over again!
Debra
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

★★★★ 4 memorable and funny-as-hell STARS.

My main reaction while reading this book was pretty much this:

Or this:

I was either laughing out loud or shocked at something one of the characters said and that made me embarrased in their place for actually saying what they did out loud.

Random thoughts and highlights:

❥ My favorite character of the book was by far Gavin!! He's probably the CUTEST, FUNNIEST four year old ever. Some pf the things he did and said were just too cute and he never failed to crack me up.

❥ Claire is a veryfar

this:
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I didn't like it ... so you decide.
Recommended to Michelle by: Tessamari's 5 star ... wonderful review!!
10/02/2012 Full review posted: http://2geekgirlsreviewbooks.com/

Reviewed by Hope

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Helen's Review:
2 Stars

This was a disappointing “DNF” for me. I was almost finished, had about 30 pages to go, but it was just too absurd to keep me any longer and I knew I had lost all patience. I was ready to
DW
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know this book has been out for several years but I just found it.

photo AE181538-3A97-4703-9451-D1CD02B76577_zps9dtcthnv.jpg

I loved loved loved it soooooo much. I don't think that I have ever laughed so hard while reading a book.

What's not to love?

Romance✔
Fun✔
Sex talk( lots of talk)✔
Sex✔
Great friends✔
Laughing( lots of laughing)✔

Seduction & Snacks is definitely my favorite of the year so far!!
Richa
Oct 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I have to say this "WHAT IN GOD'S AND HOT CHOCOLATE'S NAME WAS THAT?"

[image error]

In the first few pages all I could see was "I'm never having children"...then...babies, babies, babies, ranting, ranting, ranting,
disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, ranting, ranting, ranting
....yeah we get it...the heroine has an extreeeeeeme aversion to children, and all things related to them (including childbirth) and then of course she had to go and have a baby of her own in a super romantic manner (*note-sarcasm*) and end up being a single mom....I was kinda surprised that I even read the book tichildren"...then...babies,THAT?"
[image
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S! SEDUCTION AND SNACKS is a fantastic laugh-out-loud romance that will leave you snickering down to the final words of the book!

Imagine holding on to your virginity for 20 years only to loose it in a drunken, one-night-stand to a hot, but nameless guy at a fraternity party. Yes, lots of things suck about that previous statement, but then top it off with the biggest suck factor of all – Mr. Nameless apparently had some super-sperm that somehow escaped confines of the condom. Yes
Brittni
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This Is The Most Hilarious Book I've Ever Read!!!! Hands Down!!!

At one point, I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard!!

photo haha_zps5f5ffbc5.gif

5 AMAZING STARS!!!!!!!!

Short Summary: Claire is a college student who decides to lose her virginity at a frat party, but consequently ends up getting knocked up by Carter aka the one night stand. The crazy thing is Claire and Carter never exchanged names after Claire sneaks out the next morclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Duchess Nicole
This seems to be a love it or hate it type book, and for me it was just so-so. It was funny in places, sure. There were a few times that I belly laughed. But to be honest, I think the author relied so heavily on potty humor, I felt like I was watching an eight hour episode of South Park. Crude can be funny, but my GOSH, it was so overdone! Shock value only lasts so long, and then its no longer shocking...it's repetitive and uncomfortable.

I like how Claire describes her desire to never have chil
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I tried. This one just isn't going to work. Swearing and sex doesn't bother me (obviously, if you know me) but this book reminds me of a preteen who's just decided that he'll seem really awesome if he manages to fit in every raunchy word possible in the telling of one story - it's called trying too hard to be entertaining. The jokes are drowning in the attempt to look youthful and cool.
Em Lost In Books
Jun 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 1-star, 2010-19
Should not have touched this.
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Um, a hilarious rom-com about second chance romance with plenty of smut and a whole shit load of chocolate?? To this, I say...

description

I was a little skeptical about reading this book because I don't typically like books that involve surprise pregnancies or kiddos in general. I prefer my fiction escapes not to mirror my real life as a mom.

description

Anywho… in this story, a drunken one night stand leads to
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Book Blog

I am in love. Yes, I have a total girl crush on Tara Sivec. Move over Christian Grey, I’m switching teams. I am ready to move near Tara and stalk her so I can be her best friend (and maybe lick her face a little. I love her that much). Or maybe it’s the characters she wrote I want to hang with. Or are they one in the same?

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec is hands down my new favorite book. I laughed so much during this book scary things were happening to
Sheryl C. Nash
Let me just scream this at the top of my lungs, "BEST BOOK OF THE FREAKIN' YEAR" for me!!!

I don't care that this was written originally as a Twilight fanfic and that people are pissed that the author pulled her stories from the free domain to publish them (seriously, all of you that gave the author one star for doing that NEED TO GROW UP!!! Why don't y'all just go lay that shit on the doorstep of EL James, considering that Fifty Shades was also originally written as a Twilight fanfic?!), people like
Dinjolina
How, in the name of all that is holly can people call this book funny?

My inner goddess tried explaining this to me, since she is currently bored because I don’t have a dysfunctional abuser in my life that can defeat me with his enormous&skilled penis….just a really sweet and ordinary fiancé. Poor little me. Erm….her….us! Whatever.

”Din, this book is funny because it has such a humongous amount of funny scenes!” she told me brightly.

Ah, well then. Ok.
Wait! Sorry! It’s not ok! T/>”Din,
♡Karlyn P♡
Argh! I just lost a review I spent nearly an hour writing. :-(

3.5 stars. In summary, Claire and Carter met five-years earlier and had a drunken one-night stand that left her pregnant and neither of them knowing how to find the other. Five years later, a chance meeting brings these two together again.

This was a funny romance story, and I get why people are recommending it left and right, but it had way too much snarky, naughty, over-the-top 'bumper sticker' type humor for me. It was
Searock
Aug 16, 2012 marked it as dnf-shelved-for-another-day-maybe  ·  review of another edition
Buddy Read with Stacia "The Ace".
DNF for now.
I have to be in the right mood for this humor.

Just a little random example:

"I was going to stand next to every single woman in labor and every time a nurse or a doctor or hell, even the woman's husband said something stupid like, 'Just breathe through the pain,' it would be my job to squeeze the living fuck out of their reproductive organs until they were curled up in the fetal position asking for their mommies and I'd say,/>"I
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**1.5 stars**

This book was a huge, HUGE let down. Let me say that I have been saving this book for a rainy day, a day when I needed a funny book to lift me up and put a smile on my face. When I started this book I was very hopeful. However, I soon discovered that this book was not for my taste.

First of all, you know in comedies how there is a funny person and a straight man? This book had no straight man. Both characters were just off the wall and so similar that if it wa
Christy
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book? I loved it, and it was hilarious!!! Not only was the story sweet and sexy but this has to be the funniest book I have ever read- I mean lol non stop funny!

Book starts with Claire who never wants kids. Ever. She meets the nameless sperm donor (Carter) whom she looses her virginity to at a frat party. They both search for each other after the fact to no avail. Five years later fate(or his job) brings Carter to Claire's home town....

Claire is
♥Rachel♥
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Smut Monday Club
Shelves: favorites

Seduction and Snacks was flipping hilarious and sexy as hell!

Have you ever had an instant connection and attraction to someone? You get each other jokes, have the same taste in movies and music, and are enthralled by their stories? We’ll that’s what Claire and Carter have when they meet five years ago at a college frat party. Claire decides from this connection that Carter would be the perfect guy to take her V-card and then she can move on and immerse herself in college again. Yes, Carter
Lindsay
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and everyone that loves to laugh and loves romance
Recommended to Lindsay by: ♥Alyssa♥

Oh. My. God! I’m not quite sure I know what to say…

This book was amazing! I don’t recall a time that I laughed so much while reading a book! I know there have been times, I just can’t think of any.

When I first saw this book around GR, I dismissed it due to its (slightly) cheesy cover. Then a friend sent me the link to the book and told me to check it out (thanks Alyssa!), so I did. I was excited to read it. I love stories where couples were separated and find each other again. Then I saw the mixed revi
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Funniest book I have ever read! Deserve a shelf of its own, a category in itself.

Warning: You'll laugh until you cry!!!

description

To say my weekend was bad, is an understatement. Problems at work and by Saturday afternoon I was slightly depressed... And then I picked this book!! Thank GOD and thank yoitself.
Warning:
Jen
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

OMG this book was HILARIOUS! I haven’t laughed so hard in a while. While this book was about Claire and Carter I think Gavin, the four year old stole the show. Every time Gavin talked about his weiner I felt the same emotions as Claire and Carter. I didn’t want to laugh, but sometimes you just couldn’t help it.

One of my favorite parts is when Gavin runs into the room to show everyone his new ”sword” (view spoiler) and Claire has to wrestle him for it in
Berit☀️✨
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved, this book! Absolutely hilarious! I wanted to hang out with these people, have some drinks, have some laughs, and of course eat some chocolate. Chocolate covered potato chips, never had them, but now I'm craving them. This is a book I finished and then immediately purchased the next book in the series. I guess this probably isn't for everybody, but if you have a sense of humor, and it's a little crude, you will absolutely love this book!
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.75 Stars :)

F**k me gently with a chainsaw ~ Heathers (1988)

This book was such a surprise hit for me. Don’t you love it when you browse GR and somehow a book catches your interest and then…BOOM! It turns out to be a great read? Well this story was one of those types of books. I’m so happy to have come across it.

It’s a pretty simple story. Claire is a 19 year old virgin when she first meets Carter at a fraternity party. They instantly hit it off without actually exchanging names. After al/>
Patrycja

Release Date: 2012
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Seduction and Snacks was very first book, I’ve read by Tara Sivec and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly she drew me into the story and made me forget all about the real world. I found myself laughing so hard my cheeks hurt and the stupNo
stars
.2012
Sivec
Release#1
Snacks

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Redhead Revealed (Redhead, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Boycotts & Barflies
  • Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1)
  • Forever (Sempre, #2.5)
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)
  • Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick, #4)
  • Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2)
  • The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
  • Back to You
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Heavy Issues (Bowen Boys, #2)
  • Cocktails and Dreams (Cocktails and Dreams, #1)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her

Chocolate Lovers (3 books)
  • Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2)
  • Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers, #3)
“And let’s face it people, no one is ever honest with you about child birth. Not even your mother.       “It’s a pain you forget all about once you have that sweet little baby in your arms.”     Bullshit.   I CALL BULLSHIT.   Any friend, cousin, or nosey-ass stranger in the grocery store that tells you it’s not that bad is a lying sack of shit.   Your vagina is roughly the size of the girth of a penis.   It has to stretch and open andturn into a giant bat cave so the life-sucking human you’ve been growing for nine months can angrily claw its way out.   Who in their right mind would do that willingly?   You’re just walking along one day and think to yourself, “You know, I think it’s time I turn my vagina into an Arby’s Beef and Cheddar (minus the cheddar) and saddle myself down for a minimum of eighteen years to someone who will suck the soul and the will to live right out of my body so I’m a shell of the person I used to be and can’t get laid even if I pay for it.” 441 likes
“Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw,” 299 likes