Start by marking “Risk (Gentry Boys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Risk (Gentry Boys, #2)

Risk (Gentry Boys #2)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  7,207 Ratings  ·  339 Reviews
“I’d seen enough of Creed Gentry to know he might be the worst thing I could do. Yet one lustful glance from him scrambled every piece of sanity I owned.”

Truly…
My life hasn’t been uneventful and a few things should have sunk in by now. I’m a tired age twenty one with a laundry list of heartbreaks. Most of all I know what carnage comes from carelessly risking the heart. So
Published September 28th 2014 by Cora Brent

To ask other readers questions about Risk, please sign up.
Cora Brent This is going to be Creed's story. It is scheduled to be released on September 29th. :)

Sarah Darlington
Yeah, 6 stars...easily.

Couldn't put it down.
Can't get enough.
When can I get my hands on Book#3!!

Book #1 was Cord's story and I absolutely loved it! I review on goodreads but I'm normally too lazy to post my reviews anywhere else! But Cora Brent's first novel was so good I felt like shouting it from the roof tops! I mean, heck, it's hit all the best seller lists since then so you know I'm not alone in my opinion.

As for book #2, Creed's book, I adored Creed! Pretty amazing too! Must read! Now. Im
maggieandteddy
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
My 2nd Cora Brent book. Creed & Truly's story. More gritty, raw, & violent than book 1 (Draw). I liked both main characters. I am glad that the h, had a past, not just an "innocent" meeting up with man ho Creed (Too overdone when the h is so sweet & innocent & meets up with the more experienced H). The violence was near the last third of the book. The tension building up to BIG EVENT (not spoiling it for you!) was almost too much. Like a fear with no way out. The outcome was, IMO ...more
CC
Re read via audible

Prior review disappeared...

I liked this one better on re read.

Creed is the most tortured of the Gentry brothers. Has a tendency to drown his pain in alcohol. Tries not to fight because he feels he is too close to the edge and does not want to be like his abusive father.

He and Truly start as a ONS, but then there is another night and another. He is waiting for a dangerous underground fight which he wants no part of and may kill him so he holds back. But yet cannot.

Truly has a
Tate

image:

need chasyn!!!! hope to hell that he is gonna end up with someone starting with S...

Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-romance
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED!!!

CURRENTLY ON SALE - 99c only: #2 RISK -

4.5-5 Stars

"I'd seen enough of Creed Gentry to know he might be the worst thing I could do. Yet one lustful glance from him scrambled every piece of sanity I owned."

I love nothing more than a damaged hero that melts my heart who despite his brooding temper, deep down he's one heck of a man; a man that knows how to talk, touch and treat a woman. Such a man is Creed - he stole my heart in RISK. Sorry Cord, bu
Kate's Corner
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got to love the Gentry Boys. They are back and I was a bit apprehensive and thought hmm can Ms. Brent pick off with the second book where she finished with the last one and bloody hell did she deliver. 4.5 Creed loving stars.

Truly has had a tough life and has made a lot of mistakes but if I just want to be loved because your mother can't seem to and you are young you will believe what you are told. Truly named Tullah Rae Lee works with Saylor at Cluck This. Truly hasn't been living her life unti
Lauren
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I know I wont be able to convey in words what this book did to me. I loved Draw and didn't think it was possible to top it but Risk was on a whole nother level.
I could not put this book down but I did read it very slowly because I didn't want it to end.

Creed was a man of few words but when he opened his mouth, whether it was to talk to Truly or sing, it meant something meaningful.
"One more thing. Tell her she was it for me. I should have told her myself"

He never hurt Truly and I loved tha
Hms
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After reading "Draw" I wanted Creed to have a great story and I expected so much more for him. Creed's history had the potential for greatness, filled wth past ghosts and demons but just when I thought it was really going to happen it fell short, SPLAT! right in a hot Tempe, Arizona desert parking lot. Yes, the anticipation of "the event" was OK, but IMO, lasted too long and again, just happened and it was over...wham bam and thank you ma'am. I will admit I skimmed (sorry Ms. Brent) during this ...more
Three Chicks
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Risky Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

So I first head of Cora when she wrote Draw, and that is when my love affair for the Gentry boys started. Oh those Gentry boys. What is not to love about them, hot, smoking hot, triplets, I mean seriously, how is that even legal? Triplets brought up with a abusive father, the turn 18 and run as fast as the can away from the hellhole they called their childhood.

This book is about Creed Gentry, oh Creed. One look, that is all it took for her to be hooked,
Nikki
I absolutely loved the first book in this series and I have been anticipating this one for a while. Well, I finally got to read it and it was great! I loved that it was dual pov so we could see what was going on in Creed's head. Man, he is one hot sexy bad boy that really needed a hug! And I wanted to give it to him! Truly also needed a hug and I was really glad these two wound up together. Both had some pretty sad and awful upbringings and they fit perfect together.

With Creed's big fight, I wa
Fabi
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, cr, na, published-2014
I love the Gentry boys. Their story is so uplifting. I wanted more Creedence. His story is great but I just wanted more. More of him as a person and more of what made him as he is. More about his musical talent would have been awesome. I also wanted more Tully and a slower pace to their relationship and the reveals. I'm not sure I'm happy with the twist for Chase. Did he really need that? No matter, I am still going on to book 3. I love these characters.
Natalie M
4 stars for Creed and Truly's book! I really enjoy this author's writing... it's emotional, sexy and mostly about real life. I've enjoyed the Gentry Boys series so far and look forward to reading Chase's book. I know if I want a solid story about realistic characters and seriously sexy/alpha brothers I can depend on this author for just that!!
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an alright read. The story was good, but I thought that there could have been more added to it. Also, I thought the characters were okay. I did not like them as much as the previous characters in the first book. The ending was good. I will continue the series to see how the rest of the series turns out. Overall, an okay read.
Teri
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Parts were really good and others were boring. I wanted more interactions between Creed and Truly in the first 25%.
Superfly Gibson
Yes!!! Another Gentry boy!!! Loved Creed's story just as much as Cord's! If you haven't started this series you are seriously missing out!!! #3 is out soon!
Karen.
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anothe great read. Absolutely loved it! Forgot to review the series when I read it months back, but encouraging readers now as this is a really interesting and sweet series about some brothers from the wrong side of town doing their best to have good lives. And the girls they love are perfect for guys who need a chance. highly highly recommended! ! solid 4 stars + !
Amy
"It's a Gentry world. The rest of us only live in it."

Isn't that the truth!. I must admit that from the very first Gentry Boys Book I read I was intrigued by Creed, his pain seemed to run deeper than his brothers and for that reason I was so excited to read Risk.

Everyone thinks they know what Creed Gentry and his brothers are like

"Fucking and fighting" he said with some bitterness "they say that's all we white trash Gentry men know how to do."

But, like his brothers there is so much more to Creed
Sara
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
3.75

I thought this was a really good book. It was a lot better composed than the last one and just overall a lot smoother and complex.

This book was Creed's turn. When the last book left off, there was an ominous cloud hanging above the Gentry boys' heads as Creed had bargained and now holds a debt to be paid in a fighting ring - a fight that could cost him is life. As this book picks up, that black cloud has done anything but blown away. The anxious agony of waiting for the phone call that could
Deborah
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The boys are back.

The Gentry boys are back and this time it's Creedence in the main role. Creedence is struggling he has the weight of the deal he made with Gabe weighing heavily on him and it's affecting his whole life, he's drinking too much and can't see a way out and then across the room at The Hole he sees her and he knows, he knows she's different and he wants her, badly and Truly wants him as well, I mean seriously she's female and breathing of course she wants him.
As a Gentry Creedence h
Jean
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
One word.....Creed.  Yes, Creed.  He was my ultimate broken, hurting, brooding, quiet hulk of man.   In other words, he was perfect!  I never thought I would fall for him the way I did, but it happened!

Creed and Truly.....they said so little to each other, but words were not what they needed.  They were attracted like magnets, and with their unspoken words, they said so much to each other.

With Truly's secrets and Creed's looming illegal fight, one in which he may not walk away, there was lots of
Shannon
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holy-alpha-males
4.5 stars! I love Creed and Truly! The dynamics between the pair was fantastic. I really enjoy strong heroines, and the ladies of this series don't disappoint. They are strong willed, have some history/baggage, but nothing that they whine about; there isn't any woes-woes me bullshit that I loathe. What fantastic, kick ass chicks!! :)

The brothers bond is tight, what one feels, the others do as well. The angst and dread of the upcoming fight (continuation from book 1) was very palpable. It affect
CrabbyPatty
I read Draw and liked it, got hooked on these darn Gentry Boys, and ended up really liking this book about Creed. And now I'm all ready to dive into the next book in the series about Chase.
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
This was such a great book! I loved Creed, he is my fav Gentry of them all....so far. Can't wait to see how Chase's book is gonna be.
Wendy Daigle
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
3 1/2 * for me. I liked this better than the 1st, now I'm looking forward to chase's book
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone but part of a series
Ages of H and h: early 20s
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/HFN/et
Just Josie
For whatever unknown reason it took me 8 months to finish this book 😅

I have been in quite the book slump, but I seriously do not understand why I haven’t finished it sooner. I loved it. The writing was great, the characters so likeable and the story strong. I absolutely adored the brotherhood. It felt so real and perfect.

Creed is the strong, broody and silent type ( swoon) and Truly is a woman who has been through so much hurt that she never learnt was true love meant. And yet, these two love b
Louise
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this sweet romance. Those Gentry boys are HOTTTTTT! Gonna go back and read Cord's book at some point and will read more in this series. Liked the writing and the characters.
Theresa
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, kindle
3.5 Stars
Anne
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Creed.... What to say? He's my favorite brother; his story is my favorite story. That all you need to know. It was exactly what I wanted it to be.
Michelle
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the beginning I thought creed was hard ass. But now that I have gotten to know him better. He just a really great brother. Your going to fall for creed gentry hard. He has tough layer but undernith all those layers is a good guy. Credence made me cry alot. His and his brothers life will hurt you. But he's also such a strong willed man. Truly is bit hard to understand at first, but once she get to know her you will love her. She also has such a rough past. It's no wonder these two were meant ...more
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • This Way to the Sugar
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • Hot For His Hostage (The WILD Boys Of Special Forces, #6)
  • No One Like You (Barefoot William Beach, #4)
  • Shipwrecked Summer
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Sweet Seduction Shield (Sweet Seduction, #5)
  • A Kiss Like This (Kiss and Make Up #3)
  • Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)
  • Beyond the Horizon
  • Just a Little Flirt (Crush, #2)
  • Caught (Heart On, #1)
  • Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
  • Tyed
  • Addictive (Deadly Love, #2)
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
I love wild romantic stories, grunge era flannel, my vintage Kenmore sewing machine, embroidered dishcloths and absolutely everything that has to do with 1980s pop culture (i.e. leg warmers, scrunchies, big hair, early Madonna, boom boxes, wood paneled walls, stonewash jeans, etc).

If you believe in Happily Ever After and the unique magic of a John Hughes film, chances are I'll love you too!!

Email:

• Hold (Gentry Boys #5)
  • Walk (Gentry Boys, #6)
  • Edge (Gentry Boys, #7)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be