Start by marking “Prodigal (The Lost Imperials, #2)” as Want to Read:
Prodigal (The Lost Imperials, #2)

Prodigal

(The Lost Imperials #2)

In a battle for control of the time stream, the past and the future will collide, either saving mankind—or destroying it.

Stein has been with the Hollows for as long as she can remember, taken as a child she has no memories of her past—and that’s always been fine by her. Until the day she stumbles across a hidden journal containing the devastating truth about her paternity.
ebook
Published May 5th 2015 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Prodigal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prodigal

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

I absolutely adored Extracted when it was released in 2013 and was eager to get my hands on the sequel. When I realized I had a long wait until that sequel, I was pretty bummed but still excited about what book two, and consequently book three, would hold.

I wasn't disappointed. Not. At. All.

Once again Ficklin and Jolley came together and created something unique and wonderful. Something that works and flows so nicely together and is so much fun, so engaging, that it is hard to put down
☕ Kimberly
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Prodigal picks up a little after the climatic ending of Extracted. Stein discovered a journal that has her questioning who she is. A simple blood test to determine her linage leads to a devastating discovering. A rare genetic mutation is killing her.

Prodigal while continuing to flesh out the world of Rifters and the Hollows really focuses on Stein from her relationships to her unique history. I love how Ficklin and Jolley use her storyline to further our knowledge of the world all while taking u
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank Clean Teen Publishing for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

If you have not read the first book in this series STOP HERE! While I think you might catch on a bit to it, you really need the background of Extracted to understand the overall concept and what's happened in the past.

This book picks up directly after Extracted has ended and is told from Stein's point of view. I
Tyler Jolley
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it, I love it!
Marsha
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book through first reads. This book came to me along with the next book in the series, Riven by the same authors. I'm not sure if they intend for the two books to be rolled into one or not, but this review discusses both. And, I would recommend finding a way to roll them into one volume rather than two separate ones as they are each rather small and would do well as one book.

I have not read the first book in this series, so it took me a little bit to understand what was taking place,
Belkis
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Freaking fantastic!
Melissa Hayden
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, steampunk
The story fascinated me from the beginning, feeling as it's well thought out world of gadgets and time travel along with the motives of the people. The world is full of nifty research and gadgets that could be and is used by the Rifters. There are people who live with enhancements with good reason. We also get time travel, but not as much of that is done. I also get the feel that there are rules and restrictions on using and when going in the time spectrum, but we don't see that side here.

****FU
Leslie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the publisher and Tyler Jolley's assistant for an advanced copy of this book for review.

I got through this book so fast! I loved it and just couldn't put it down. This one was about Stein's story. We get to find out how she's connected to Tesla. We also get to learn about her past and understand her more. I love that about this book because I really love Stein. She's such a great character. I also really enjoy the relationships that she has and how deep they are becoming. Especially, h
Noelle Chavez
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received both Prodigal and Riven as ARCs. Prodigal is the story of Stein and and Riven the story of Ethan. They take places within the same time frame so I personally enjoyed reading them together as if they were one book. Without giving away too much information... both books explore the past of the two Rifters and how it effects them in the present and the future. Definitely some surprise twists to the plot that readers of Extracted would never expect! Great read!
Jessica
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 time-bending stars!

‘Prodigal’ and ‘Riven’ are the second and third entries in a series of 4 steampunk time-travel novels. Please read ‘Extracted’ before continuing this review.

As with ‘Extracted,’ authors Ficklin and Jolley seamlessly integrate steampunk inventions, clothing, and accessories into a clear to follow and fast-paced plot. The main characters and their significant others are developed and complex. Whereas ‘Extracted’ is told through the duel points of view of Lex and Ember, ‘Prodi
K.M. Robinson
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given the ebooks for Prodigal and Riven in exchange for an honest review. Prodigal and Riven are the second and third books in the Lost Imperials Series. I loved the first book, Extracted. It's focus was on brother and sister, Lex and Ember. Prodigal focuses on Stein, Lex's girlfriend and her story, while Riven focuses on Ethan, Ember's boyfriend. It's so great seeing the backstories of the other lead characters from the first book while seeing the continuation of their stories. Everything ...more
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: early-review, ya
Prodigal is the follow-up to Extracted, and instead of following Lex and Ember we get a better look at Stein, Lex’s girlfriend. In this installment we learn more about her and her background – as we did with Lex and Ember and their memories, only we do so now through history. Stein is trying to understand where she comes from and as readers awe are along for the ride.

After reading about Stein in book 1, I expected a lot of sarcasm, hardness, and butt-kicking instead she becomes more real – emoti
Sharon Hughson
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This second book in the series earns a 4.5 out of FIVE stars from me. It runs at a similar breakneck pace as the first book, but is much easier to follow since we remain in Stein's perspective for the entire story.
Stein is an alpha chick. She gets bombarded with bad news in this book and handles it - surprisingly well. There were moments when I felt the reactions were watered down. Nothing felt too melodramatic, though, which is a nice change when reading YA. The twist comes at the end of the bo
George Saoulidis
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
This has all the right ingredients, band of rebels, evil Tesla, time travel, anachronisms, kickass heroines. But it somehow fails to click. I didn't care for the band of misfits, the story takes too long to get to the interesting parts despite it being a short book, and it gets too talky, while skipping the action.

The audiobook has issues. Variances in volume, I think due to a bad compressor setting. There are some errors at the early parts, but gets ok later on. The phrases were cut awkwardly,
Sharon Phelps
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loads of fun to read

Unexpected adventure and story lines you don't see coming. Characters are unpredictable, funny, and likable. While there is fighting and violence, there is also loyalty and friendship. The story is age appropriate for teens and up. I highly recommend this series to readers young and old who just like a good read.
Runningrabbit
FREE on Amazon. Check out more paranormal romance reads at https://www.facebook.com/ParanormalBo...

Didn't get very far with this one, just not my thing.
Kelsey Gonzales
Christina
rated it it was ok
May 28, 2018
  • Scarlett Dedd
  • The Miss Education of Dr. Exeter (Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • Thief of Happy Endings
  • Chasing the Green Fairy (The Airship Racing Chronicles, #2)
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)
  • Copper Magic
  • The Guardians
  • Scion of the Fox (The Realms of Ancient, #1)
  • The Banished Craft (Shkode, #1)
  • Beware the Little White Rabbit
  • How To Marry a Rake
  • The Shapeshifter's Secret (The Shapeshifter's Secret, #1)
  • Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte
  • Exiled (The Never Chronicles, #1)
  • Resonance
  • Crystalline Space (Dark Stars, #1)
  • Ecstasy (Debt Collector, #3)
**To get the latest info on new releases and to enter our monthly giveaways be sure to sign up for my newsletter over at http://sherryficklin.com/newsletter **

Sherry is the author of over a dozen novels for teens and young adults including the best selling Stolen Empire series. She can often be found browsing her local bookstore with a large white hot chocolate in one hand and a towering stack of

The Lost Imperials (4 books)
  • Extracted (The Lost Imperials, #1)
  • Riven (The Lost Imperials, #3)
  • Absolution (The Lost Imperials, #4)