Start by marking “The Devil Wears Spurs (Texas Kings, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Devil Wears Spurs (Texas Kings, #1)

The Devil Wears Spurs

(Texas Kings #1)

Introducing the King brothers-three red-hot Texas billionaire cowboys who are wildly devoted to their family ranch...and the women who can tame them.

SHE KNOWS WHEN TO HOLD'EM.

As a newcomer to the great Lone State, Chloe thinks she's immune to the charms of cowboys-until Ryder King comes along. A gorgeous rodeo star with a gambling problem should spell trouble for Chloe, wh
Published June 30th 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Devil Wears Spurs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil Wears Spurs

Start your review of The Devil Wears Spurs (Texas Kings, #1)
Claire Robinson
3 - Poker was easy compared to dealing with Ryder King. Stars!

The Devil Wears Spurs, is the first book in the Texas Kings series. The Kings being brothers Ryder, Nate and Chase. This is also the first book that I have read by Soraya Lane, and on the whole it was an enjoyable experience.

"If I let you stay will you be in my bed?"
"Sure… so long as you’re not in it."

Ryder King’s life is currently on a high, a bull riding champion, with women throwing themselves at him in general, and plenty of f
Cocktails and Books
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Somebody grab my fan and an ice cold glass of water because this book is on FIYAH!!!!!! I think I loved everything about this book. I’m anxiously waiting for the next book in the series.

Chloe Rivers is my kind of heroine. She’s smart, high-spirited, and has a big heart. Ryder King is all alpha male until he lets his machismo outweigh his good sense and loses his ranch while gambling. Fortunately for Ryder Chloe happens to be an excellent p
Christa
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
I enjoyed this contemporary romance between main characters Chloe Rivers and Ryder King. It was my first book by Soraya Lane, and I'll definitely be reading more of hers. Chloe and Ryder were great characters and I enjoyed the storyline of Chloe agreeing to win back Ryder's part of his family ranch after he lost it in a poker game. The book was quick and easy to read, while keeping met interested and entertained. It was a great start to a series. ...more
Heather andrews
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked the spunk and sass Chloe had, "seriously, Ryder, put some goddamn clothes on,” Chloe said, eyes narrowed . “I’m not just going to jump into bed with you because you’re half-naked if that’s your plan." When Ryder tries to be funny, he's just not, "sweetheart, if you’re not warming my bed then someone will be. I appreciate what you’re doing for me, but I’m not a effing monk." The accent and southern charm the boy had was just plain hot, "Darlin’, if I was winning, you’d be butt naked and r ...more
Irene
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing

So much love for The Devils wears Spurs!
What a fun, sexy and entertaining read.

Loved all the characters, the King brothers had me laughing out loud with their banter.
This book ticked all the boxes for me, I couldn't put it down.
The storyline was fun and enjoyable and the characters were memorable and well developed.

Highly recommend The Devil Wears Spurs and I'm looking forward to reading Chase King's book next in Cowboy Take Me Away

Thank you to St. Martin's Press via Netgalley for the
A.R. Von
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had a lot more fun with this book than I thought I would. ALL of the characters were great, the story line was a touch different from most cowboy romances out there AND it kept me turning the pages until the very end.
Oh, and Ryder, well...HOT! Yup!
A great read for any fans of the genre.
Nicola Marsh
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a lot of cowboy romances but after this, I'm hooked!

Ryder is a strong, sexy hero. Utterly irresistible.
Chloe is sweetly sassy.

Really looking forward to Nate and Chase's stories too!
Jonel
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This was definitely a fun and racy novel. Lane drew me in with her intriguing characters and kept me hooked with her wildly original plotline. She brought ranch life, rodeos, and gambling to the forefront in a vivid way that you can’t miss.

Lane’s characters really make the story. The main couple both drew my attentions, but in very different manners. Chloe’s personality was so natural that I couldn’t help but like her. Her past made me feel for her, yet her current strength ensured that what I
Cheryl
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of a good cowboy story. Although I must admit that it was the cover that really drew my eyes. Right from the beginning this story started out good. I liked both Ryder and Chloe. I could feel the instant chemistry between them. Which did not disappoint when they did hook up. It was very steamy. Yet it worked because it was not just about the sex but a real connection. Ryder is the type of guy that you would find hard to resist. He is not only good looking and rich but he is also charmi ...more
Beyond the Pages
May 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This romance was a toss up between 3 and 4. Parts of the story were extremely good, while others parts were so so.

The Kings are certainly a family I want to get to know better. The brothers intrigued me. Chloe was easy to like. She had a charm and grit that I jived with. Ryder was devilish and adorable. I could not help but like him.

I would give the other books in this series a try. There was definitely enough there to keep things interesting.
Susan Walker
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice western romance about a woman who meets a cowboy with a gambling problem. I liked that the hero in this story is not perfect. It made the read more interesting that he had to over come his gambling problem.
Vania Nunes
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vania by: Netgalley
Let me introduce the King brothers. Nate, Chase and Ryder. Owners a fortune raised by the maternal grandfather Clay, now they were divided taking care of business.
Nate looked after the family property portfolio. This meant that he has the executive poser, traveling in the family jet to solve large transactions. Chase took care of part of the ranches.
Ryder, the youngest, was lost as to his place amid the huge conglomerate, then, at eighteen, he left home and went to get his dream, to be on cowboy
Carmella
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest opinion.

I have to admit, in my mind I was picturing this story to be back when Texas was first established like 200 years ago, not in the current. I can't even say why but it sure was a great surprise!

Chloe is a waitress at a bar, sleeping on her best friend Shelly's sofa until she can get some money saved. One day she and Shelly go to the rodeo. She isn't sure why she went but it turned into the day her life changed. She catches sight of a man as he sees her. He
Cynthia
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-westerns

This author really got my attention with her high strung alpha male and her sassy hot firecracker lady. When you lose everything or those things most important to you the only way to go is up. The author gives you two people who lost the most important things to them from two different sides of the track. They come together to get back what they lost one puts up the money the other plays the game. Separate they are outstanding but together they make an amazing team, will they put all th
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Did you hear that noise? That was me beating my head repeatedly with this book. Why, you might ask, would I do such a thing? Well, silly, nonsense storylines often make me beat myself with the very book that I am reading! But I am starting at the end so let me backup a bit.

Ryder feels sorry for himself. He's rich, attractive and darn good at his chosen career. He has started to feel like maybe it's time to return home and become part of his family business. But as the baby of the family he feels
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Originally reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I don’t normally use the half star ratings, ‘cos I just round up anyway for the other places I post reviews. Yet reality is that often stories aren’t 4 or 5 but that in between place. For me The Devil W ears Spurs is a 4.5 stars story.

If you love Cowboy Romance, then you are going to love the beginning to the new Texas Kings series, The Devil Wears Spurs – a lot. There is just something about the youngest son in a family of over the top type of men. The thr
Jen
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review.

The Devil Wears Spurs is the first book in the Texas Kings trilogy, which is a series of books about the three King brothers, Nate, Chase, and Ryder, from Soraya Lane. Ryder King's return to Texas is marred by an overly confident wager while playing poker. Now, he puts his fate in the hands of the very girl who captured his attention at his last rodeo ride-
Arlena Dean
Book Description...

"Always in the shadow of his over-achieving brothers, youngest brother Ryder fell in love with rodeos as a teenager and soon became the most successful bull and Bronco rider in the state. The ultimate playboy, Ryder likes to party hard, and he often makes bad decisions… including gambling. He's so used to winning that he doesn't hesitate to up the stakes one night, betting more than he can handle—his third of the King Ranch.

Chloe has seen Ryder on the rodeo scene, but she's al
Sandy
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
THE DEVIL WEARS SPURS is the first book in the new Texas Kings series, introducing the King brothers – sexy, hot Texas billionaire cowboys! Whew! This should be good!

This book introduces the brothers, but focuses on Ryder King. Ryder is a gorgeous rodeo star that has women falling at his feet. He does have a slight gambling problem, though. You can’t be perfect, right?

Chloe sees Ryder at the rodeo and they connect – but she’s not going to be one of those simpering fan-girls that he’s us
Betty
Apr 03, 2015 rated it liked it

THE DEVIL WEARS SPURS
Soraya Lane

St. Martin's Paperbacks
July 2015

Soraya Lane begins a sizzling hot trilogy about the uber-wealthy and handsome King Brothers of Texas. The youngest of the brothers, Ryder, left the family’s ranching, land management, etc. behind to rodeo, and he is one of the best there is at riding broncos, groupies and bulls! He is in Texas Rodeo waiting for his next ride when he sees a beautiful woman in the crowd at about the same time she notices him. Chloe and Ryder are stari
Monica Cardoza
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** 4.5 Stars ***

This is my second read by Ms. Lane and I love her writing style. I loved every bit that I read but I still had lots of questions that were not answered but no matter what I’m looking forward to reading the next book. The King Brothers are men who command to be listened to and they are fine as heck.

Ryder King and Chloe Rivers were two people that were meant to be but first they both needed to work through their own issues. Chloe did not trust men very easily and she usually ran
Terisa
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryder King had always felt like he was in his brothers shadows. They had always known their place on the King Ranch while he often made bad decisions, road hard, and sometimes partied harder. Having rode the rodeo circuit since he was a teenager he may have been the most successful bull and bronco rider out there but this final bad decision may have just cost him the one thing that he truly loved and always thought would be there for him when he finally did hang up his spurs.

Chloe Rivers had be
Connie N.
Thanks to NetGalley for providing an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

#1 in the Texas Kings series. And this was a very good start to a western romance series about the 3 wealthy and hot King brothers who share a ranch in Texas. Nate, the oldest, manages the business parts, Chase handles the actual running of the ranch, but Ryder, the youngest really doesn't have a set role so he has become a champion rodeo rider, much to the worry and disgust of his brothers. In a mome
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
***I received this ebook from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinions.***

I requested to read this book because it sounded really interesting. Who doesn't love a sexy cowboy?? Granted Ryder is a ladies man, but throughout this book he is obviously intrigued by Chloe. Even from the very beginning he was interested in her because she told him a word he wasn't used to hearing..."No" lol. I loved it!

Skip forward a bit and we aren't enjoying an exciting rodeo, but a card game tha
Kim
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ryder has an ego the size of Texas. As the top rodeo rider in the state, he is used to always winning and isn’t afraid to up the states when he wants something big. Unfortunately, he gambles away his part of the family ranch. He meets Chloe at a rodeo and is intrigued by the girl that won’t say yes. Chloe is trying to make enough money for her tuition and doesn’t have time for anything fun. But, she feels sorry for Ryder and offers to help him win back his ranch…for a price.

Ryder is very full of
Karen Roma
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a perfect example of why I love Cowboy stories!

Ryder is your typical sexy, self-assured, drop dead gorgeous Rodeo Rider, the youngest of three brothers and born into family wealth; so he should have everything a man could ever want. But when his ego and a life long feud get in the way of common sense, a devastating loss forces Ryder to join forces with a woman who refuses to warm his bed, to regain his pride.

Chloe went to the Rodeo with her friend to let her hair down and have a bi
Once Upon a Romance Reviews

4.5 Stars
Sexual Content: Sensual
Language (Profanity/Slang) Content: Mild
Violent Content: Minimal

Ryder King left behind his family's riches to make his own way as a rodeo star. He is now back as the national Bull Rider Champion. His family wants him to return to the ranch and his rightful place in the King family. The ranch is divided three ways among him and his 2 brothers.

One night in a drunken poker game, Ryder lost his part of the ranch. How can he even face his brothers or his grandfather?

Ch
Paula
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Devil Wears Spurs by Soraya Lane begins with a gamble that sets my heart racing. While Chloe and Ryder scorched the pages when they are together, I must admit that it is the future of the family farm that kept me reading on way to late. I just had to know how it all worked out. There is so much other clouding this issue that it is by no means a given on how it will all turn out for the Kings.

Ryder King came off to me as first as an overly arrogant cowboy; more brawl than brains. As the story
Heather
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got a taste for Soraya Lane when I read The Cowboy Stole My Heart through NetGalley so I thought to try some more. I liked what I had read and hoped for the best. Now in all honestly I only read book 1 because I wanted to read book 3 and I hate reading out of order. A youngest grandson who gambled and loses his inheritance and a down on her luck bartender who happened to be good at poker didn’t exactly catch my interest so I did go into reading it not expecting much. It was good. The middle wa ...more
BBL
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you love cowboy romances and stories this is a great one for you. I thought the first of the three stories of the Texas cowboys was so fun, sweet and sexy that I can't wait to read the last two in this series. Ryder and Chloe are great family people who just want to make it on their own, even if it means mistakes along the way. Getting out of the mistakes make for lots of twists and turns. Can blackmail and friendship turn into something great? These gamblers will try their best to make a go ...more

• The Christmas Pearl
  • Beach Music
  • Forbidden Surrender (Forever, #1)
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • Secret Surrender (Forever, #2)
  • Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story
  • Life Is Not an Accident: A Memoir of Reinvention
  • Beautiful Surrender (Forever, #3)
  • The Monster in the Hollows (The Wingfeather Saga, #3)
  • On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga, #1)
  • A Song of Ice and Fire (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1-5)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • The Rivals
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Born in Fire (Born In Trilogy, #1)
  • Yours to Keep (Man of the Year, #2)
Soraya M. Lane is the Amazon Charts bestselling author of Wives of War and The Girls of Pearl Harbor.

Soraya's most recent release, The Last Correspondent, was published on Nov 1st, 2020, and it's already an Amazon #1 bestseller with over 3,500 Amazon reviews!

As a child, Soraya dreamed of becoming an author. Fast forward more than a few years, and Soraya is now living her dream! Soraya describes

Texas Kings (3 books)
  • Cowboy Take Me Away (Texas Kings, #2)
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (Texas Kings, #3)