Start by marking “Exposed (Captive, #2)” as Want to Read:
Exposed (Captive, #2)

Exposed (Captive #2)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  288 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
In this sexy, suspenseful New Adult novel, a young woman hiding from her criminal past is taken captive by her ex-boyfriend, the ultimate bad boy.

Evie is about to embark on the perfect life. Beautiful, poised, and engaged to a rising business star, she fits the part of trophy wife perfectly, except for one thing: her entire identity is a lie.

Five years ago she created a n
Published July 21st 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

Jen
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs

4 Better hold on tight Stars

Exposed is the second book in Brighton Walsh's Captive series, but can be read as a stand alone. I have not read the first book yet, but plan to now. I really enjoyed this suspense filled NA book. Brighton Walsh knows how to tell a story that grabs hold of the reader and leaves them wanting more.

Five years ago Evie faked her death in order to start her life over and keep those she loved safe when her boss found out she had incriminating evidence against him. Now, she
Michelle
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

Captive was the first book that started my Brighton Walsh addiction. So when I finally got my hands on Exposed, the second book to the Captive Series, I was beyond excited and thrilled to read Riley's story. Exposed was just as captivating, raw, sexy, emotional, suspenseful and intriguing as the first book. Brighton Walsh is such a talented writer and author that she immediately grabs her reader's attention as she slo
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3-3.5 stars

Brighton Walsh sort of came out of nowhere for me. I read Season of Second Chances and swooned like crazy, and when I later read her first full length book, Caged in Winter, that was it. I was a goner from then on for this author's romances and her writing and most especially her boys. Her books just click with me. Exposed (a companion to Captive) is not my favorite book of hers, but I once again fell hard for the leading man and was thoroughly entertained.

While Captive has two peopl
AJ

A beautifully intense second-chance-romance blended with a dangerous and intriguing crime story, this is an emotional and suspenseful story that kept me invested from start to finish.

This book follows on from Captive, this time featuring Riley, younger brother of Gage from the first book. Riley works for the same criminal organisation that employed his brother, but he’s in it for one reason – vengeance for the death of the girl he loved.

Evie is living a privileged life – wealthy, with
Mandy
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, suspense, hot
5 years ago, Evie had to leave her life behind, moving and taking a new identity. Riley, the man she loved, thought she had died and he devoted his life to seeking vengeance for her. 5 years later, a photo appears in the paper of Evie with her fiance at a party. The danger that she was running from is now catching up with her.

This was a suspenseful romance that kept me turning the pages. Along with the suspense, this book was really HOT! I really liked this story. My only complaint about this b
Erin Arkin
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I found out that Brighton Walsh was going to be writing a book about Ghost’s brother Riley I have to admit, I was so excited. We got a small glimpse of him in Captive but in Exposed, Walsh gives us so much more!

This book picks up shortly after Captive ends and I loved that we still get bits with Ghost and Madison. I always love seeing where characters are after the story ends. With that said, this book is about Riley and the one person he has yet to get over, even though she has been gone
nick
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I fell in love with Brighton Walsh's writing in Captive earlier this year and I was excited about reading the companion to the series, Exposed. Riley certainly impressed me in the first book, and I knew that if he was related to Ghost (MAJOR SWOON) from Captive, I was about to meet yet another book boyfriend.

I was right. I loved Riley's character so much. Perhaps not as much as Ghost, because Ghost is always going to be my favorite Brighton Walsh boy, but Riley was definitely a character who was
Stacee
This just solidifies the fact that Brighton can make any subject -- no matter how horrible -- readable.

I was pretty excited to get Riley's story and getting a glimpse at some of the work he used to do was intriguing. Evie is a feisty thing and I really enjoyed their sparring. Both physically and verbally. Oh and their chemistry is off the charts. The glimpse of Madison and Gage together was satisfying. Obviously, I would have liked more, but it was enough at the same time.

There pretty horrid b
Talltree
Jul 13, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Zzzzz.

DNF. Want less suspense plot more romance.
Lisa
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

My first introduction to the amazing writing talent that is Brighton Walsh was when I read Captive in April. I was floored. I don’t very often find books that have my attention to the point that I’m unable to put it down. It was intense, suspenseful, gripping… it was simply amazing. And I knew that I HAD to read more of Brighton Walsh’s books.

Evie and Riley are childhood sweethearts that separated years ago due to a unforeseen circumstance. Riley was told Evie had died, and spent many
Amy
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I want to be safe.” Above anything, I always, always wanted to be safe, and I hadn’t truly been safe for so, so long. “I don’t want to have to look over my shoulder anymore. I want to be free to be Evie, not Genevieve. I want to be able to go into whatever kind of career I want, instead of one I hate simply because it will keep me under the radar. And I want to feel content and comfortable, be able to afford the nice life–not anything lavish, like I have now. That’s so much more than I ever nee ...more
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I have yet to read a book from Brighton Walsh that I didn’t enjoy and Exposed was no exception. While I didn’t enjoy Exposed as much as Captive, I still liked Riley and Evie’s story.

I adore second chance romances, so I really loved that aspect of this story. The chemistry between Riley and Evie is strong and it is clear that even though five years have gone by, they both still have strong feelings for one another. It was nice to watch these two fin
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I admit I found the characters too jaded for my tastes (twenty-three going on forty-three). I think that there could have been more opportunities to establish emotional connection to the characters in lieu of some of the focus on erotic sex. Readers who like New Adult themes may enjoy this more than I did. I'm not fond of the idea that very young people would act with these kinds of attitudes and destructive lifestyles.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur Magazine. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Christina
My original review for this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

**Disclaimer:** An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for this blog tour. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Quick Thoughts and Rating: 4.5 stars! Exposed was everything its title portrayed it to be: raw, gritty, emotional, suspenseful, and ridiculously hot. When I finished this novel
Roxanne
Thank you to St. Martin's Griffin via Netgalley for the free review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

Did I like this book?

Sadly, for a good long chunk of this book, I was bored. We know early on that the two main characters had a relationship in their teens and have been separated for five years. Circumstances bring them back together, and they quickly find that despite the five years apart, their feelings for each other haven't changed. We also know that something big happened to Evie whe
Kristy /Obsessed with Romance
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love second chance romances and Brighton Walsh books so this was a win/win for me. Not to mention I thought Captive was a great book and I was looking forward to Riley's story. Once again the clandestine world of Ghost and Riley is phenomenally well crafted. One of the hardest things for an author to pull off is a believable criminal underworld where the plot makes sense and doesn't have major holes. Brighton does this to perfection and watching the story unfold is a wonderful crazy ride in th ...more
caren

I'll admit that I didn't love the first book in this series as much as other stories Brighton has shared with the world. Which I hate saying, because as you've seen me say before, I'll read anything she writes. She's never done me wrong when it comes to hot boys. And let me tell you that while Ghost was hot, he never really did it for me. But Riley? Riley can come over and whisk me away to safety any freakin’ time he pleases. Because damn. Swoons galore. GALORE.

I’m getting ahead of myself, thoug
Once Upon a Twilight
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Y’all if you haven’t read anything by Brighton Walsh you are sorely missing out. Exposed is the second in the Captive series, following Riley (Ghost’s brother) and Evie, a girl whose layered story keeps you invested the entire time. Don’t get me wrong Riley’s story had me invested, though his story revolves around Evie’s, but Evie’s got a few secrets that are haunting her everyday life and we slowly uncover them and slowly grow from them.

So like I stated earlier, if you haven’t read anything by
Valerie
I have loved everything I have ever read from this author and this one is no different.

Riley and Evie's stories story was different than I expected. It has a tough issue in it and though I figured out Evie's secret, it was still hard to watch her deal with it. I admired her for her strength. I was so glad when she finally shared it with Riley. That man loves her hard. He would do anything for her. He would never doubt her. He would only want to protect her and care for her.

You might notice that
BookHookup
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
The original review for this title can be found here on The Book Hookup.

Christina's Review:

Andrea
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.75

I have come to the conclusion that I just love Brighton Walsh's writing. I loved this book, it was so enticing. I loved every moment, not as much as the first book in the series but still loved. The characters were awesome and really developed or showed themselves little by little. I loved Evie, the most.

The plot twist, I saw coming but I appreciated the way that it was done. I think it was done in a way that wasn't forced and was realistic in the emotions it generated.

The sex par
Sandy S
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 21, 2015

Five years ago she created a new identity for herself, but it all crashes back when something she witnes
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I read Captive earlier this year I fell for Ghost and Maddie's story and we were also introduced to Riley, Ghost's younger brother. There was something I instantly liked about his characters so I was excited to read his story. This was a different kind of story than Captive. This novel was darker, sexier, but still filled with the same perfect balance of action and romance.

Five years ago Evie walked away from everything she knew and everyone she loved in order to save her life. Ghost, Riley
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Exposed was definitely a book I was really looking forward to getting my hands on. After reading Captive by Brighton Walsh, I became a true fangirl of her writing and I loved the suspense and mystery that she included so well in book one. And true to form, Exposed had the same elements that I loved in Captive…that who done it, that sexy heat, that hiding out from the bad guy characteristics. Brighton really did a great job with Exposed and I was thrilled to finally be able to read Riley’s story. ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
“I didn’t want to jeopardize everything I’d worked for. I didn’t want to risk everything I’d lied for. Above all else, I didn’t want to ever go back.”

Exposed is the follow up novel to Captive and features Riley, Gage’s brother, and Evie the girl he loved and lost. Evie disappeared five years ago and Riley had finally thought he had moved on with his life and then suddenly when she reappears in the news with a new name, style and fiance she is trust back into the dangerous life she had once esc
1-Click Addict Support Group
Suspense. Mystery. Heart-break. And a healthy dose of romance and steam. Plus, Riley. Oh Riley, for you alone I'd recommend this book, despite my having some misgivings...

For years, Evie has been on the run, living a lie, trying to escape the past and her mistakes. Except now her perfectly constructed life is about to come crumbling down.

Under threat from those seeking her out, Evie escapes with her ex-boyfriend, Riley. The man she once loved, the man she left behind.

Despite all the years that h
Jessica
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
I was super excited to hear that we were getting Riley's story because after briefly meeting him in Captive, I definitely wanted more of him! I was not disappointed either! That man completely captured my heart and would not let it go!

The book starts off by hitting the ground running with the danger, intrigue, and suspense and I really liked that. We don't really know why Evie is in trouble, just that she is and her ex-boyfriend, who thought she was dead, is the one to go and help her. This defi
Jillian
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

This is a companion novel, which can be read alone, or part of the series.

Brighton Walsh captivated me with the first installment of this series. It was so raw, and unexpected, that I couldn't help but fall under its spell. I opened this novel with extremely high expectations, which weren't entirely lived up to. While the writing was smooth, and the story was intriguing, it wasn't as enthralling as Captive.

In outline form, the sto
Rebecca
May 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, netgalley
This book was generously provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

2 Couldn't get into it stars

I really hate giving less than stellar reviews. I really do. I know each book is a labor of love, and can't imagine all that goes into writing a book. However, Exposed was just meh for me.

Exposed is the second book in a series. The first was Captive. Exposed can be read without reading Captive, however I am glad I read captive first because I got to see those characters again in this book
Janina Keßler
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the Publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

4 Stars

Review of Exposed by Brighton Walsh

Exposed is about Riley a member of the Crew and Ghosts brother and Evie his not-so-dead (Ex-) Girlfriend. Evie disappeared five years ago after she gathered information about Max, the boss of the crew that she was not supposed to find. She left everything behind. Riley had no idea that Evie is still alive and living a new life with a new name until Ghost has to tell him that Ev
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • From Scratch (Blue Plate, #1)
  • What Tears Us Apart
  • Tryst
  • Held Against You
  • The Thorn and the Sinking Stone
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • Claiming His Beauty (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #4)
  • Song of Summer
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • Addicted (Outlaws, #2)
  • Nice Girls Don't Ride
  • Reaction (Reflection, #2)
  • The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal, #0.5)
  • Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2)
  • Spindle (Two Monarchies Sequence, #1)
  • The River Rose (Water Wheel #2)
  • There You Stand (Between Breaths, #5)
  • Wild Swans
Brighton Walsh spent nearly a decade as a professional photographer before deciding to take her storytelling in a different direction and reconnect with her first love: writing. When she’s not pounding away at the keyboard, she’s probably either reading or shopping—maybe even both at once. She lives in the Midwest with her husband and two children, and, yes, she considers forty degrees to be hoodi ...more
More about Brighton Walsh

Captive (2 books)
  • Captive (Captive, #1)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“The fire between us sparked so brightly because we both knew how it was without the other. We knew exactly how much we both had to lose.” 1 likes
“Tomorrow isn’t a guarantee. Anything can happen from one day to the next.”
“Anything can happen, except when you’re with me. No one is getting to you when I’m here. No one is getting through me. I’d have to be dead first.”
0 likes