Start by marking “Miss Match (Miss Match, #1)” as Want to Read:
Miss Match (Miss Match, #1)

Miss Match

(Miss Match #1)

Welcome to the sexy, crazy, wildly unpredictable world of modern matchmaking, where fixing up strangers is part of the job—but falling in love is an occupational hazard…

He's The Perfect Catch.

Blake Donovan is tall, handsome, rich, and successful—so why would a guy like him need a matchmaker? Andrea Dawson has no idea, but a job is a job. After being blackballed from a care
Published June 30th 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Miss Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Match

Start your review of Miss Match (Miss Match, #1)
Geri Reads
May 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars!

The premise reminded me a bit about Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. It almost has the same set up: A powerful rich guy hires a matchmaker to find him a wife that he thinks he needs. Of course, as the book progresses, we all know that it's the matchmaker herself who is the perfect match for our hero. Unfortunately, I didn't quite love this one as much as I loved Match Me If You Can.

I liked Andrea Dawson. She was fun, quirky, a bit irresponsible and impulsive. I know, I
Mandy
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There are so many things I loved about this book. Blake and Andy knew how to push each others buttons and antagonize each other. The chemistry between these two was fantastic. I loved that this was dual POV because both Blake and Andy had such funny thoughts and I loved the banter between these characters. Andy was a strong heroine and I love that she stood up to Blake and wasn't intimidated by him. This was a really sweet and sexy romance and I loved it!

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
You all know by now how much I love Hudson Pierce. Never a "book boyfriend" has ever changed his status for me, even after 300+ books I've read.
So when I learnt Laurelin Paige prepared a new book and even if it was co-written, I was game.

Andrea is a sparkling woman without a job. She lives with her sister but they both begin to struggle. After her sister convinced her to apply for a personal concierge post, Andrea finds herself in front of the most selfish and self-interested guy I've ever met:
Amanda
description

Miss Match reminds me of those funny romcom movies with a jackass hero and a down on her luck quirky heroine.

Blake Donovan, a narcissist, control freak and misogynist pig of a millionaire is looking for a wife. And he hired someone to search the perfect bride for him.

Andrea Dawson, a woman with the worst luck in finding a job after leaving her last sleazy boss. I'm fascinated with Andrea's special skills in reading people, which make her such an asset to her last boss and currently to Blake.

An
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
3.5!!

"She was nothing he'd expected he'd ever be attached to and yet he was more into her than anything he could imagine"

Love really do come in unexpected time. You don't look for it, it finds you! And Blake and Andy is a living testament to that. Okay, fictional testament.

Blake is looking for a wife and what is Blake is searching for is everything Andy is not. And yet, when these two had a moment, sparks happened and try as they might, they can't ignore it! I love how from the moment the
Michelle
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2015
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

So what happens when a successful IT-executive owner takes up on ad for an assistant that is required to help him narrow down the search for his "ideal wife"? You would think an attractive and powerful man wouldn't need to take up an ad to help him but as it turns out Blake Donovan needed Andrea Dawson to play matchmaker. So begins the hunt for the perfect wife?

"He never tell her the real truth-that she intrigued him and beguiled him and
Corinne Michaels
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've been dying to read this book, so when the ARC magically appeared on my kindle, I couldn't wait.

It was wonderful, funny, sexy, and I loved it. I giggled, blushed a little, and couldn't put it down.
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OK, I want to be completely honest. I read the synopsis for this book and I was less than thrilled. It just did not sound that great to me. It felt like it had been done before and I am finding myself kind of sick of sexy rich men. But this book, totally smacked me in the face and was all like "You are wrong, Amie. I am awesome, amazing, sexy, and totally hilarious." And that it was. I loved this book. I loved Blake and Andrea. I loved their fights, their hysterics, and their attraction.
Andrea
Jessica Alcazar
OK, so I gotta say this .... When I read the blurb to this book, the first thing that popped in my head was Susan Elizabeth Phillips's Match Me If You Can! And it's because of THAT that I decided to give this a try, because I love the concept of the story.

And I'm SOOOOooooo glad that I did!!! ***eeeekkkkkk*** This was REALLY cute! LOL

So the story goes like this: Blake Donovan needs a wife, but he's a busy man so he needs someone to find that wife for him. Andrea Dawson is currently unemploye
Karen Mc
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You can't help but fall in love with Miss Match, Laurelin Paige and Kayti's first co-authored book under Laurelin McGee, a masterfully-written masterpiece and must-read that's oh-so-sweet, cute, quirky, funny, and witty. Miss Match is raw, riveting, and realistic romance--a breath of fresh air. This captivating tale of finding the perfect mate or match will capture your heart.

This story is sprinkled with the characters' inner thoughts that provide such insight that you feel the characters are s
Dianne
Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match, but don’t bother me with the details, handle it like a business deal and schedule me to be at the church on time. Sound cold? Trust me, Miss Match by the duo who makes up the name Laurelin McGee is anything BUT cold, laugh out loud funny, yes, almost grab the tissues sad or cute, definitely, sassy, quirky and fun, check, check and check!

The picture of hotness on the outside, but a damaged and frozen wasteland on the inside, business mogul Blake Donovan wa
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I love Laurelin Paige's work so reading this new collaboration with Katyi McGee was a given. I couldn't wait to start "Miss Match" and just as I thought, I was not disappointed. As soon as I realised what it was all about I became excited about what was to come and I was interested to see how the story would play out. I just knew that this was a book t
Aurélie
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-lus
Just got an ARC :)) I'm so happy right now :))

Review to come

I'm a huuuuge Laurelin Paige's fan. I couldn't wait to read this book...and when her publicist sent it to me..oh gosh * fangirl moment* I was so excited!

If you want to read a sexy funny book, this one is for you!! :))

4/5

Christy
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was funny, sexy, and so sweet! It kept my attention from the first page and made me feel all fuzzy and swoony! Blake Donovan = Alpha heaven! I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a sweet and sexy read!
Danielle
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Omg I loved this book!!

It started out kinda on the slow side but it picked up right away when Andrea meets CEO Blake. You can tell from the interview they both are attracted to each other and have a chemistry that won't be denied.

I liked Andrea a lot for a heroine. She was smart, funny and seriously outspoken. When she was in the interview and he asked her to read him she was right on point. Andrea was sent to mess up his life in a very good way that's for sure. After she turns down the job she
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
I don’t even know why I’m bothering to write a review of this book. The long and short of it is, THIS BOOK IS ENTIRELY TOO CUTE, AND YOU NEED TO READ IT RIGHT NOW.

Miss Match by Laurelin McGee saved my sanity. I was in a bit of a book funk, after reading a series last week that was on the heavy side. I couldn’t pick up anything new after that, I was just re-reading old favorites. This book was the perfect antidote. Sexy, sassy, and way too much fun.

The premise of this book was one I hadn’t read b
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This was funny and with a female heroine that will have you entranced with her ballsy, no-nonsense attitude, however Blake is a totally different kettle of fish. He was an arrogant arse to begin with, seeing a wife as a necessity, a business transaction rather than being in it for love. This is about a man realising that his ideal woman is not actually the woman he wants or thinks he needs and maybe love finds itself in the most unexpected of packages. A great read. (full review to come)
BabyBeth
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok

This was just terrible.

Review to come.

(Actually I'm not sure it is worthy of my time. I'll think about it)
Anaïs
This review was originally posted on Fifty Shades of Books

4 out of 5 Stars

*** ARC granted in exchange for an honest review ***

Andrea Dawson's unique talent of being able to read people like a book lands her a job as a matchmaker to an IT-executive looking for a wife. And, no matter how much of a jerkface Blake Donovan is, she needs to look past his antics and jerky attitude, she needs a job. Desperately.

Blake needs a woman because it fits into his personal 5-year plan and even though the
Katie(babs)
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Miss Match by Laurelin McGee aka Laurelin Paige is an adorable, sexy and precious read! I had a total blast reading this one by Laurelin, who writes incredible witty dialogue, as well as a great way to build up the sexual tension between the hero and heroine. This is a much read for contemporary romance readers, and may just be in my top picks for favorite books for 2015.

Andrea is in a big bind. She was fired from her job of 8 years, and after suing her former boss for sexual harassment, which
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
My relationship with Miss Match by Laurelin McGee started much the same way it did with these two authors. It started as a slow crush and it blossomed into a full blown love fest. Full disclosure here, I’m an unabashed fan girl of Kayti McGee and Laurelin Paige because why wouldn’t I be? But please rest assured, I can still give an honest review and lucky for all of us, I loved this book!

Miss Match is a hilarious, sexy, contemporary romance. Are you in the mood for something a little lighter tha
Siobhan Davis
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I freaking LOVED this book, read it in two sittings. Amazing.

This is an exceptionally well-written book that sucked me right in and held my attention the whole way through.

Andy is a thoroughly captivating MC - intelligent but goofy, snarky yet sensitive. I warmed to her instantly. Blake, on the other hand, was a total douche at the start. First off, I thought he was going to be a rehash of Christian Grey, but thankfully he wasn't. Phew! As the story progressed, and as Andy started to break thro
Tope
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really did enjoy this book and I LOVED the premise: a woman hired to find a bride for a man, but ends up falling for him instead. Reminds me of the Hallmark movie, "How to fall in Love". Anyways, moving on.

I won't lie, in the beginning, I wasn't a big fan of Andrea. And that was because, despite her unique skill set, she still managed to jump to the wrong conclusions about Blake. That didn't really give credence to her skills. However, I LOVED the fact that she realized her error and
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo miss match_zpsb0guawyi.jpg

If I used to think that Laurelin Paige is an amazing writer, now I think she and Kayti McGee are THE PERFECT MATCH! This book is funny and sexy, romantic and erotic, the characters were amazing, the storyline is very entertaining and the ending is just perfect.

I fell in love with Blake and Andy! They were amazing. Their attraction was palpable in the air. I love it when an author can write that very well. I also loved the tension between them, Andy’s sassiness and Blake’s assholeness only c
Lexie
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-once-owned
So the best I can offer is that I didn't HATE this. It was just kind of ehhh. Nothing excited me and while I read it in one sitting it was with a sort of bored detachment towards the characters.

Look it's a romance, there's only one ending in your typical romance. So once the hero meets the heroine it's a a matter of time til they wind up together. A good romance makes you not care you know the ending. It makes you forget that really no other ending exists.

Tension, passion, banter...the journey i
Teresa
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

A solid read. Really enjoyed the flow of the story and the way the H and h made their way toward each other. Lots of humor (and who doesn't like that?). Pleasant way to spend the afternoon.
Michelle
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Cute and light hearted story. I started out thinking Blake Donovan was such a douche bag who was rather specific in his preferences in female partners. Nothing wrong with that, but wow, he was picky and offered very little in return. I liked how Andrea worked hard to bring out the vulnerable side of him, with her efforts to get to know him in order to search out suitable candidates for him. As the story went on, I realized that Blake is actually very likable and more sensitive and dow ...more
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Before starting this book, I had a few expectations. The cover was nice, which is not necessarily indicative but always a plus, the plot was intriguing much like what you’d expect from a romantic comedy film. And it actually exceeded what I had in mind. The story is about a woman who’s going through a tough time in her life and in desperate need of a job and income, and a man who’s the personification of logic, in both business and personal life.

At first I thought the story started out too fast,
WTF Are You Reading?

In the relatively short time that it has been my pleasure to review for St. Martin's Press, I have found it to be a publisher that prides itself on publishing books that offer readers something beyond the norm. It is my very great pleasure to state that Miss Match by Lauerlin McGee is no exception to this unwavering standard of literary excellence.

Andrea "sounds like Princess Leia" Dawson is a smart, funny, very real, and extremely relatable heroine. Who never fails to impress, fluster, and begu
Elle Christensen
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
I don’t know how a book can be cute and hot at the same time, but holy cow, Laureline Page and Katie McGee know what the hell they are doing! This book is incredibly fun, I loved every minute of it! They’ve put their own little twist on a story line that’s been done and made it unique, almost exclusively because of the characters. They will suck you right into their world, and you’ll never want to leave.
Blake is one of the most complex heroes I’ve come across and he is so different, I was just
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jul 22, 2015 09:37AM

• Last Kiss (First and Last, #2)
  • Find Me (The Found Duet, #2)
  • Hot Cop
  • Chandler (Fixed, #5)
  • Free Me (The Found Duet, #1)
  • One More Time
  • Take Two (Lights, Camera, #1)
  • First Touch (First and Last, #1)
  • Star Struck (Lights, Camera, #2)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Close (Ryder Brothers, #1)
  • Dirty Sexy Bastard (Dirty Games Duet, #0.5)
  • Dirty Filthy Rich Love (Dirty Duet, #2)
  • Fixed Forever (Fixed, #6)
  • The Real Deal
  • Dirty Sexy Player (Dirty Games Duet, #1)
Laurelin McGee is the pseudonym of Laurelin Paige and Kayti McGee.

Laurelin Paige is the NY Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Fixed Trilogy. She's a sucker for a good romance and gets giddy anytime there's kissing, much to the embarrassment of her three daughters.

Kayti McGee is a Kansas City native who now calls Colorado home. When she isn’t writing, she’s making up recipes to go with

Miss Match (3 books)
  • MisTaken (Miss Match, #1.5)
  • Love Struck (Miss Match, #2)