Start by marking “Chasing Daybreak (The Dark of Night, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Daybreak (The Dark of Night, #1)

Chasing Daybreak

(The Dark of Night #1)

Isabel Stone wanted a normal life. But when the unexpected death of her father leaves her at the helm of the family business, things quickly go from weird to worse. Vampires are on the loose and out of the coffin, and only Isabel can walk the fine line between the world of the living and the world of the undead.

Torn between letting go of her past and embracing her future,
Published March 24th 2015 by Crimson Tree Publishing

Start your review of Chasing Daybreak (The Dark of Night, #1)
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

This book was part of a read along in our blogging group, Im a little behind. (Im house hunting, gimme a break) This is a YA paranormal with a hint of romance. Its perm-free, I think. I really enjoyed Isabels sarcastic, snarky verbal sparing she had going on. And she didnt discriminate, she made them to EVERYONE she met. This author kept it consistent with her MC.

What was really cool was the chemistry she had with Shane and Xavier and how they were
Runningrabbit
Free on Kindle Unlimited
There was nothing new about this book. PI, police detectives, vampires, werewolves, shifters and romance. Sexy vampires, sexy werewolves, mostly sexy everybody. Well, I said mostly.

The novel was well done and well written, and if you like the many other books out there like this, then you'll like this one too.
Brittany
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An addictive page-turner from one of my new favourite authors. Isabel is just your typical Private Investigator... who was stood up at the altar as her ex-fiancé was turned into a vampire and lives with said ex-fiancé in her attic.

Isabel is given a case that soon appears to be wrapped up in a missing prostitute, many weres, a community of vampires, a religious colt with too much interest in the case and more dead bodies every chapter. Following the bread crumbs not only leads Isabel closer to
Shelley
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.0
*Source* Amazon Freebie

*My Thoughts*

Chasing Daybreak, by Ranae Glass, is the first book in what appears to be FOUR books in a series called the Dark of Night. The story features 22-year old Isabel Stone who has is a human protagonist, and private investigator who gave up being a teacher to take over her fathers business. She's even been called the "midget bounty hunter" because of her petite stature. Isabel, who apparently has no supernatural abilities, takes on
Melanie's
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! As an avid vampire reader I am always looking for the next series to grab my attention and any time you have vampires "Out Of The Coffin" I am definitely on board to see what's going on.

Chasing Daybreak is the first in the new Dark Of Night series and the sooner this author sits down and writes the rest of them the happier I will be.

Filled with amazing characters, consistent vampire lore (yes this is important), and a brilliant plot, this book had me hooked from beginning to end.

Vampires,
Gail Koger
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I always enjoy a fast paced story with r
a kick butt heroine. It kept you guessing and the hero needed rescuing and she was up for the job

Punk Farie
My Rating - 3 1/2 Stars

I received a digital copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review

Isabel has taken over her fathers PI business after his death, giving up her dream of being a teacher. Now she kinda supports the family with her meager earnings, while trying to keep from being murdered during a case.

Did I mention her ex-fiancé, Shane, is now her vampire business partner that lives in her attic? Yup.

Isabel takes a new case about a missing suburban mom that the police
Sandi Fairbanks
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First off, I am NOT a vampire book fan. I just don't read them-I think they're predictable. I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review so I wasn't out anything by reading it.
This book hooked me on the first page! It's not your average, predictable vampire book if it starts off with a girl locked in a burning building with an unconscious vampire and she's trying to save them both! Isabel is a tough, sassy private investigator whose partner is one of the Undead. Who would've
Joood Hooligan
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap... I have no idea how I'm supposed to put into words what I just read. I did NOT expect that book.

I started it... and I literally had to fight myself to put it down so I could focus on real life things. (WHICH WAS HORRIBLE!)

I absolutely LOVED Isabel. She was the perfect heroine for this story. It is rare that I find myself attached to a main character, I normally find myself quite fond of minor background people. But no, she is freaking fantastic.

This story had a perfect mix of
Libby Wilcox
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like lately I have been reading a lot of rubbish that I have bought for free or a couple of pounds from bookbub. This book was free from bookbub but was also amazing!

Isabel Stone is a reluctant private investigator, forced to follow in her fathers footsteps after his death. She lives in her fathers old office, with her vampire ex-fiancé. I loved sassy, wisecracking Isobel, who was charming and competent at times, but naïve and gun-ho in others. The world building in this book was just
Shy
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILER

To be honest, I probably would have ended up DNFing this book if this wasnt a book club pick. The story started with something that got me feeling lost and the chapters that follow didnt really caught my attention that much. But despite all that Im glad that I finished this book. If you ask why, Id say Xavier.

For a novel that involves vampire and probably other paranormal creature (its hinting that theres more than just
Marsha
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is always fun to stumbled upon a new series that has the potential to become a favorite. "Chasing Daybreak" has two characteristics I really love, a kickass herione and a detective/mystery/ crime fighting angle. Isabel Stone is the eldest daughter in her family and when he private investigator father dies, she has to leave college to take over the business. She has given up her dream of going back to school to become a teacher and marry the man she loves. You see, her fiancee, Shane was ...more
Laurie
WOW! I got sucked right into Isabels world and loved every single minute I was there. This book appealed to me because it flowed so well and the characters were quirky but believable especially Isabel and her partner/ex, Shane. Isabel is a contradiction of strong, snarky, kick-ass heroine and vulnerable, heart-on-her shoulder, lost girl. I loved the depth of connection that exists between Isabel and Shane even though both are trying to move on to other life (or after-death) adventures. It is so ...more
Alisha Webster
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone.
Recommended to Alisha by: Joood Hooligan
Shelves: favorites
I am not going to lie; I read this book because it was my blogger book club pick and she was coming to an author event near me. I also read this book with kindle's 'word runner,' which promptly made me fall in love. I can read a book so quickly with it! It's fantastic for moms like me, who are constantly looking for the time to read.

Now, back to the review....The thing I have learned lately is that the blogger group has great tastes in books. Never did I expect to love Chasing Daybreak as much
Jessica Surgett
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*

Vampires, and Murder, and sass- oh my!

This story started off with a bang and immediately had me devouring it.

Isabel is pretty much the most kick-ass, hilarious chick ever penned. She's sarcastic and confident, but also emotional when the situation warrants it. After all, she's just your average private investigator with a vampire ex-fiance for a partner. She felt very real and complex, and I might be in love with her.

The relathionship
Doris
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I was provided a complementary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Can you imagine getting left at the alter, then finding out that the reason was because your fiancée was now a vampire? Not bad enough? OK, how about now having said fiancée living in your house and now he's your PI partner?
This is exactly what Isabel Stone has to deal with every day.
I really loved this book, and I can't wait to read more from the author. I think that having a PI vampire is just fantastic and I love that
Ramona Lazar
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book, it reminded me a bit of Charlaine Harris's Sookie Steakhouse books. Without the mind-reading stuff, of course.
Pamela
Isabel Stone has gone through many hardships, including being stood up at the alter, on the day of her wedding, by her long term love Shane. It wasn't really his fault since he was bitten by a vampire against his will. Now that he had control of his bloodlust, they were friends. Her father passed awAy, leaving her his paranormal PI business, and pulling her from her university. Plus her mom was struggling with the bakery and trying to raise her sisters, so she had joined forces with Shane and ...more
thehotmesslibrary
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and it is the first book by this author that I have read. I love the supernatural genre and this one doesn't disappoint. In it, we meet Isabel who has been through a few trials and tribulations in her life such as her father dying and her former fiancé who was attacked before their wedding and subsequently made into a vampire.
We see Isabel and her former fiancé Shane (can I just say I find him a bit of a douche and he really doesn't treat Isabel nicely) working as PI's
Jahsmyn
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was such an interesting and new take on an old and boring story. I loved Isobel as a main character. She was feisty, and strong, but also vulnerable and sympathetic. I found myself really rooting for her. It has elements we've read before: vampires, weres, a strong female lead who was kickass, the world knew about the supernatural so the push and pull of this was evident, a love story etc. All aspects that have been written many times before, but this book mixed it with a wonderful and ...more
Ethan Gregory
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*********************************************************************************
My Thoughts:

It should come as absolutely no surprise to any of you that I'm reviewing this read. For months now I've been pushing for New Adult books that aren't solely rooted in romance and have come back with some excellent new favorites. Vampires are among my all time favorite paranormal creatures, so what's not to like from a paranormal
Niki Contreras
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was a new take of vampires and crime drama. It was original and had plenty of humor mixed into the mystery. Chasing Daybreak had an interesting cast of characters, all with real, human emotion (even though many of them weren't human) that made them relatable. The chemistry was incredible.
It did feel rushed, but this book was an enjoyable read.

For a more thorough review, click the link below.

Symone

This was delightful mix of kick arse heroine, comedic one liners and crime fighting.

Isabel has inherited a PI business from her father and feels responsible for caring for her sisters.

Her personal life has fallen apart so she works hard but is thrown into the deep end with the local Vampires.

Not really knowing how to respond to her new friends she has to work out where she fits in this new world.
Tina Cross
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique Story

Loved the different perspective of this author, on a genre that has been around a long time.

Can't wait to see how the rest of this series plays out.

Also, talk about a slow boil on the start of a possible smoking hot, sexy relationship...on the edge of my seat!!!

Well done Ranae Glass!
Katie Murphy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daybreak

A young readers book about detectives, vampires and the like. No real gore and thankfully not in the same vein (pun intended) the 'Twilight' books. Enjoyed this easy read. Couldn't sleep and read it in one sitting. Will look into Ranae Glass other works.
Shannon
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book!

This is one of my new favourite authors. This book was funny and clever. The characters were interesting and the heroine was fiesty and hilarious. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Donne Knudsen
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I'm hooked but now I'm pissed. I just found out that the author planned to write four books for this series but ended up only writing two, which was years ago. I hate it when I get hooked on a series and then the author doesn't finish it properly or takes YEARS to finish.
Jane Balke Andersen

Quite well done, but nothing new or unusual here for me.
Gwenlyn Mandaliya
Easy read

nothing to jumps at you. Very tame for a vampire story.
Plot was very simple and ending didn't make much sense.
Karen Turner
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved the book, will read more from the author
« previous 1 3 next »

• Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery #1)
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • Blades of Magic (Crown Service, #1)
  • Wolf's Bane (Moon Marked, #1)
  • A Set of Sisters: A We Sisters Three Box Set (Books 1-3)
  • Murder Above the Fold (Elder Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Crossfire (Omega Group #1)
  • The Vampire's Last Dance (Witch Island Brides Book 1)
  • Skin and Bones (The Ever Chace Chronicles, #1)
  • Outbreak
  • Magic of the Gargoyles (Gargoyle Guardian Chronicles, #1)
  • Hallows Gate
  • Demon's Dance (Lizzie Grace, #4)
  • The Witch Hunter (Witch Hunter Saga #1)
  • Emergence (From the Embers Book 1)
  • Captured by the Vampire (Vampire Enforcement Agency #0.5)
  • The Glow of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #0.5)
  • Descendant (The Shift Chronicles, #1)

The Dark of Night (2 books)
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)