Start by marking “Murder Takes Patience (Friendship & Honor #3)” as Want to Read:
Murder Takes Patience (Friendship & Honor #3)

Murder Takes Patience

(Friendship & Honor #3)

The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis. ~ Dante Alighieri

A Thriller about Murder, Mystery, and Family.

Even good people are haunted by nightmares. Some are kept awake by things they did in the past: Lies they told, people they cheated, laws they broke.

The ones who lived the worst lives are haunted by
Published September 19th 2014 by Inferno Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Murder Takes Patience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Takes Patience

Start your review of Murder Takes Patience (Friendship & Honor #3)
Sadie Forsythe
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5

*Sigh* Yes, I'm a happy reader. Really I could stop right there. I read this book. I'm happy as a result. Something about Giammatteo's writing always clicks with me and I long ago fell in love with Nicky Fusco and Frankie Donovan.

Nicky is something like Leon, from The Professional, in the sense that he is stone cold and somehow soft at the same time. It's a heady mix. Frankie is the classic good cop who struggles with doing the right thing while honoring his older loyalties at the same time.

Mj
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love these books and the characters in them. The honor code they live by, while not perfect by any means, us definitely honorable. Something most of us can use more of.
Peg
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Murder Takes Patience is the third book in Giacomo Giammatteos riveting Friendship and Honor Series.

Brooklyn Detective, Frankie Donovan aka Bugs, lay unconscious and in critical condition after being stabbed several times. Dead bodies were turning up at an alarming rate with sick rhymes pinned to them. The Brooklyn Police Department was scrambling to piece together clues for answers, but was coming up empty. Ten-year-old Alex Greene, Frankie Donovans semi-adopted son was devastated by the
Marina
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Frankie Donovan finally settles down. With his girlfriend Kate and that little boy Alex, he finally has some kind of family. But things are far from perfect. The social services are after Alex since his drug-addict mom left him. Frankie, or FD as he calls him, is the closest thing to a father for Alex and he doesn't need another home. But the law says different things.

Two bodies have been found in a hotel room. Brutally killed, the two bodies of the lovers are found with a note. It seems that
C.N.
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read all this author's fiction books and I am left wanting more. This book was no exception. Not only was it just as good as the preceding works, I made the mistake of starting to read it one evening. At about 3.00 am the next morning I had finished the book. I was totally unable to put it down. So why?

The characters are so well-crafted and so very real. They aren't black or white, good or evil, but many shades and levels in between. My favorite character has to be Nicky, the reformed hit
Cathy
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the series. The first was Murder Takes Time which I loved. I loved this one just as much. In the first book there were four main characters whose story started when they were 11 years old. This book focuses on two of them Frankie Donovan also known as Bugs. And Nicky Fusco known as the Rat. Frankie is a detective in New York and Nicky is in Wilmington and has a reputation as a hit man. Nicky is married and for the most part staying out of trouble. In the first book he ...more
Kristi
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome. Again, a very pleased reader. I love this series.
Carl A. Marine
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

loved the book.couldn't put it down. can't wait for the next one. never a dull moment. wonder what's next for Frankie Donovan.
Judie
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down. Of course, I can say this about all of Giammatteo's books. Now there's the long wait for the next one.
Peggy Romeo
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I think that this was the best of the three. It was fast paced and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to the next book in the series.
mrs dawn goodyear
william henry lawton
rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tough Cookie (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #2)
  • Determinant (Cases of Lieutenant Kane, #3)
  • Blood and Treachery (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers #4)
  • Watch Me Die
  • Double Dare
  • The Killing Code (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #3)
  • Incendium (Christopher Radcliff, #1)
  • Too Close to Breathe (Frankie Sheehan, #1)
  • But Not Forever (Clint Wolf Mystery #4)
  • Scourge (Xander King #5)
  • The Night Trade (Livia Lone, #2)
  • Three Rivers: A chilling Norfolk Broads crime thriller (British Detective Tanner Murder Mystery Series Book 4)
  • The Hangman Box Set (Hangman #1-3)
  • Loyalty's Price: A Western Adventure
  • St. Benet's (DI Tanner #2)
  • At Last (Redemption Thriller #6; Alex Troutt Thriller, #6)
  • Twist and Turn (Kyle Achilles #4)
  • The Inside Man (Levi Yoder #2)
I live in Texas now, but I grew up in Cleland Heights, a mixed ethnic neighborhood in Wilmington, Delaware that sat on the fringes of the Italian, Irish and Polish neighborhoods. The main characters of Murder Takes Time grew up in Cleland Heights too, and many of the scenes in the book were taken from real-life experiences.

Somehow I survived the transition to adulthood, but when my kids were young

Friendship & Honor (5 books)
  • Murder Takes Time (Friendship & Honor #1)
  • Murder Has Consequences (Friendship & Honor #2)
  • Murder Is Invisible (Friendship & Honor #4)
  • Memories for Sale (Friendship & Honor #5)

News & Interviews