Start by marking “A Girl Undone (A Girl Called Fearless, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Girl Undone (A Girl Called Fearless, #2)

A Girl Undone

(A Girl Called Fearless #2)

On the run with deadly government secrets, Avie must decide if she can live up to her name and truly become fearless for the cause or if it’s better to just give in.

The sequel and explosive conclusion to A Girl Called Fearless.

Published June 23rd 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about A Girl Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Girl Undone

Rachel
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With a lightning-fast pace, a gripping and suspense-filled plot, and a number of surprises, A GIRL UNDONE is the thrilling and wildly entertaining conclusion to this two-book series. It brings even more excitement with not only retrievers but federal agents looking for Avie due to her involvement in what went down in Salvation. The tension has increased dramatically because of her notoriety, her mission, and the complication of being on the run with Luke. And with a few unexpected twists, it mak ...more
L.A.
Posted first to Blog Critics as Book Review: 'A Girl Undone,' A Girl Called Fearless Series by Catherine Linka.

With renewed interest in dystopian worlds we are given a rare new work in A Girl Undone by Catherine Linka. Where marriages and women are bought and bartered, Avie has escaped her own confines with her real love Yates. After a confrontation with the government, he has been hospitalized in critical condition and she is on the run. She carries information that she must get to the Paternal
Amalios
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tamara
3.5 stars.

I was happy when I discovered there was a sequel to A Girl Called Fearless--that book ended with a cliffhanger, and at the time there was no word of another book. The ending to A Girl Undone is more satisfying, but it lacked some things to merit a solid 4 stars.

Because of how the previous book ended, Yates is absent for most of this one. Instead, Avie is on the run with Luke, which means that the "what might have been" that she glimpses in Salvation gets explored a little bit, resultin
Isis
I would like to thank St. Martin's Griffin & NetGalley for granting me a copy of this e-ARC to read in exchange for an honest review. Though I received this e-book for free that in no way impacts my review.

Goodreads Teaser:

The sequel and explosive conclusion to A Girl Called Fearless.

Having survived a violent confrontation with t
Rebekah
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an Advanced Reader's Edition of this book from St. Martin's Press through Goodreads' First Reads Giveaway Program. I would like to say thank you to St. Martin's Press for giving me the opportunity to read and review this wonderful book!

"Having survived a violent confrontation with the US government, Avie is not out of danger. Both she and the young man she loves, Yates, have been declared terrorists, and Yates is hospitalized in critical condition, leaving Avie with the perilous task
Ally
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
NetGalley! Thanks for the copy.

So I read A Girl Called Fearless. I rated it a Four out of Five (which is high for me, and I don't give out Fives very frequently). The book is pretty awesome, and when I saw a chance to read the sequel, I jumped on it. (Which is perhaps not a kind way of saying that).

A Girl Undone is the conclusion of the series and the second book. Honestly, I originally thought it was a trilogy, so I was sort of surprised when the ending came. And how final it sounded (until I
Nina
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
The original review was posted on MissHeard Magazine here: http://missheardmagazine.com/a-girl-u...

A modern Handmaid’s Tale for this generation, A Girl Undone, the sequel to and final book in the A Girl Called Fearless series by Catherine Linka, is a must read for your summer YA book binge.

In a dystopian future where a synthetic hormone in beef killed fifty million American women, Avie is a 16-year-old teen trying to escape a male dominated society where girls are now monitored around the clock
Amber Sumner
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts
I thought that this would be a good review to kick off the New Year! If you read my review of A Girl Called Fearless, then you've already heard my feminist rant. I'll try not to get on my soap box too much in this review! This book is a beautiful follow up to A Girl Called Fearless. Catherine Linka is a genius. She is definitely an author that I will be following.

We left Avie with an injured Yates in the middle of nowhere. Kind of a cliffhanger if you ask me! I was very glad to have
Rachel (Confessions of a Book Geek)
First of all, I thought this series was going to be a trilogy, so as I was approaching the end of this book I was expecting some form of cliffhanger, with the resolutions being in the third book. For that reason, the ending came upon me kind of quickly, and in a way I wasn’t prepared for. There were also some loose threads for me (the book is told in first person, so that was inevitable) and I was drooling to know more. More!

I can't discuss this book without mentioning the love interests, beware
Deanna
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
* ARC provided by Publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review *

A Girl Undone is the second book and final book in Catherine Linka’s A Girl Called Fearless series and the first book I’ve read by the author. From what I can tell, this book picks up directly after the events of the first book, so this starts in the aftermath of previous trouble and just before more trouble starts. The book is extremely engaging and magnetic, with a heroine who is fighting with all she has, and all she is, to
Maci
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Girl Undone by Catherine Linka is the sequel to A Girl Called Fearless. In this book it picks up right where A Girl Called Fearless ends. Avie has to figure out what to do with the info she has, it could bring down the Patriarch party or get them all killed. Avie also has to figure out who to trust and how to get out of her contract to Mr. Hopkins. I really liked the first book, A Girl Called Fearless, and was excited to see what happened next and it did not disappoint. It also has lots of int ...more
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book and final book in Catherine Linka’s A Girl Called Fearless series and I have to admit I had not read the first book . From what I can tell , A Girl Undone picks up directly after the events of the first book but I was still able to follow A Girl Undone and I quite enjoyed it. I do wish I had read the first book though because I have the feeling I would have enjoyed it as much (if not more) than this book.

It is a young adult dystopian book that will keep you reading. I en
Shana
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I loved the first book- absolutely loved it. This one was all over the place (literally) and everything in the first half of the book felt forced- action scenes, character interactions, plot lines, etc. It was only in the second half of the book when Avie was returned to Hawkins by the Retrievers that the character was actually in her element. She was back in the confines of the society that she grew up in and because of this familiarity she knew how to manipulate it and was finally able to make ...more
Alannah Clarke
I have to say this is a really good book. I did not read the first novel of the series but I really did not feel like I needed to, this was a brilliant standalone book. The writing was so intense I was pretty much superglued to the book from beginning to end. The only reason I didn't give the book five stars is because there were a few loose ends that I felt should have tied up by the author but then again, this could have been done on purpose in order to let the reader put their own interpretat ...more
Tamber Mauney
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a great book; however, I felt it had a lot of cliff hangers. For instance, I never found out the fates of the residents of Salvation. Likewise, Dayla was cut off from the rest of the story. I wanted Avie to see Luke again as well. The ending was terrible. Overall, I enjoyed it. Avie became a fierce, determined young girl. Also, Hawkins was a dynamic character because he supported women rights at the end.
Danielle
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to A Girl Called Fearless, a book I really liked. That book ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger, but still in a way that left me satisfied and not necessarily begging for a second book. I was still excited when I saw the author decided to continue the story of Avie and her fight against the Paternalists, the male dominated organization that took over the United States and began subjugating women. This book is as compelling as the first, and provides a nice resolution to the sto ...more
Della
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC, netgalley-ebook, dystopian

To start, I wish I read the first book in the series. However; this book could be a stand alone. I love dystopian, but this book had so many bumps it was hard for me to love it. I found myself putting it down and picking it up again. Very unusual for me. The book really got interesting to me after I had read 60 % . At that point it became smoother, faster, and I actually started to like some of the characters. I was still a good read and I would recommend it.
Lucy
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Received this as a galley from the publisher.

I think I did my self a disservice by not having read the first in the series. As a stand alone book this is alright but I felt like I was missing things. I think that the assumption is that you have read the other and that it is not meant to standalone. I may go back and read the first and then re-read this (new review to follow if I do) but as is . . .eh, it's OK.
Sarah Capps
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Linka takes the terrifying reality she created in A Girl Called Fearless, and continues to build upon the characters and the world. Can one girl effect change, especially against the odds? With a look at how you can be a revolutionary even under the strictest circumstances, our protagonist and her supporting cast show us how to be brave and to never give up.

A Girl Undone brings the story to a higher level with excellent writing and enough plot twists to keep the reader intrigued.
Lynndell
Thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin's Griffin for the arc of A Girl Undone by Catherine Linka. A Girl Undone is a better read than A Girl Named Fearless because the story flows more consistently and there is stronger character development. I actually give it 4.5 stars! There is a surprising turn of events at the ending also!
Kate
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first book and this was good too-but there was a LOT of repeating-she was scared, she kept thinking she'd be recognized, she didn't trust anyone. Which are all valid-but when you read the same line for the 50th time-it's like, ok, I get it!!!! Plot has many twists and turns which I liked, I just felt it wasn't as fresh as book #1.
Senator
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As fast paced and exciting as its predecessor, "A Girl Undone" kicks it up another notch and blows this series out of the water. Thrilling with so much heart, Catherine Linka has created a beautiful conclusion that will equally soothe fans all while leaving readers pinning for what she'll come up with next!
Carolyn Gruss
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own-read
A Girl Called Fearless was one of my favorite books of 2014, and the amazing sequel, A Girl Undone, not only defied the terrible sequel stereotype but also was a brilliantly executed and captivating book all on its own.

Read the rest of my review on my blog (A Girl Called Fearless spoilers): http://www.kidlitfrenzy.com/kid-lit-f...
Cindy
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
*received for free through Goodreads First Reads

Having not read the first book in the series I was somewhat lost at the beginning, but the writing and characters were engaging enough to keep me interested.
Connie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
FTC Disclosure: I received this book free from Goodreads hoping I would review it.
Rachel Chiapparine
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I didn't like this book as much as I did the first book the series however it's still an interesting end to the series.
Cait
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in2015
I'm so upset. The first book was SO GOOD. this was just... blah, in comparison.
Brittany
Aug 13, 2015
Emily
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't exactly like the end: it's too unsatisfying but this is still a good book
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor, #1)
  • Black Throne Conspiracy
  • Chasing Vegas
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Mers
  • Far Shore
  • Not From Around Here
  • Days of Love and Blood
  • Ghostly Summons
  • Revenge of the Mad Scientist (Airship Adventure Chronicles #1)
  • Seer of Mars (Vallar, #1)
  • Dark Mind (Emily Stone, #3)
  • Three Days to Forever (Mac Faraday Mystery, #9)
  • Contract: Sicko (Sei Assassin Thriller Book 2)
  • Crystal Ships
  • Iron Shinto (Moa, #3)
  • Stealing the Moon & Stars
  • King of Paine
Catherine Linka was almost thrown out of boarding school for being “too verbal.” Fortunately, she learned to channel her outspokenness and creative energy into writing. A passionate traveler she loves to visit wild landscapes like Iceland, the Amazon, Patagonia and the Arctic circle. Catherine has seen 6 types of whales in the wild, and lived her lifelong dream when she stood on deck in pajamas an ...more

A Girl Called Fearless (2 books)
  • A Girl Called Fearless (A Girl Called Fearless, #1)
“Home is about the smalkk things that people who love you remember.” 0 likes