Start by marking “Eyeshot” as Want to Read:
Eyeshot

Eyeshot

James and Elle Eversman are a young couple travelling through the Mojave desert on their way to a new life. When their car mysteriously breaks down they are stranded in the middle of nowhere without much water and no cell-phone reception.

A mile away a deadly sniper has them in his cross-hairs. They are pinned down behind their broken-down car, surrounded by open ground in
Published August 2014 by Joffe Books

To ask other readers questions about Eyeshot, please sign up.

RedemptionDenied
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, gory, suspense, thriller
This was a tense little thriller, about a serial killer, who uses people as target practice. And he's a damn good shooter, too.

A young couple, James and Eileen Eversman, are on their way to start a new life. At least, that's the plan. On their way, they nearly drive into the ass-end of a cop's car, who's vehicle is left in the middle of the road. Deputy Doogie Howser approaches their yellow Rav4, and apologises. He was inspecting a white truck that is left unattended; with its engine running, A
Sean Peters
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Marketed as " The Most Gripping Suspense Thriller You Will Ever Read"... Is this True...That Is the Question !!

Exciting, fast paced, suspensful thriller, with a action packed plot, with some added humour, although a little far fetched story and a little heavy on the background stories.

This a a difficult book to rate as had some great fast paced action, but then sometimes ruined by slow background stories.

Although the main characters were very good, especially James and Elle Eversman who are a yo
ChopinFC
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Eyeshot really surprised me in more ways than I expected. The writing was edgy there was a crescendo suspenseful thriller that started in the beginning of the book and didn't let up until the very end! For those looking for a quick read and an entertaining thriller I highly recommend this book. Full RTC.
Sharon
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Why did I bother to read this?

I didn't like this book. Most of the story was about a sadistic man who got his jollies by trapping people with nowhere to run. Then he would shoot and eventually killing them at his leisure. I thought the book was boring but I did finish it to see how the main characters turned out. The fact that the story ended was it's one redeeming quality.
Kelli
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
As of this review, the author has published 3 books. I've now read all 3. And my conclusion: Write faster Taylor Adams. I want more!

This one, as well as No Exit and Our Last Night, are solid and real thrillers. And they also have a bit more depth and meaningfulness than you'd expect of an average standalone thriller. It's very light. Author provides them as casual subtleties underlying the main story. Kind of perfectly, because if you don't notice it doesn't take away from the exciting story. I
Nicholas Masters
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Wow, what a brilliant debut novel.
Although the book focused on a an event that encompassed only a few hours and a few characters, the suspense build-up was absolutely brilliant.

The flash-back character development was carried out brilliantly, too a point where I was definitely emotionally invested. Not to mention that the ending was played out exceptionally well.

I look forward to your new editions.
Marian Phair
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most gripping, fast-paced books I have read in a long time. This author will have you on the edge of your seat from the get-go. I couldn't put it down...I didn't put it down until the end. I highly recommend this book, and will be purchasing more of his works. I have added him to my 'Favourite Author' list.
Jon Gregory
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Difficult to review this without sounding like all the other 5 star reviewers, however, I simply couldn't put it down. The story slowly builds for the first 20-30 pages, then takes off, gets inside you and doesn't let go. I constantly had to stop myself and look at his writing to see how he could pull this off - it's simply a fast, slick story that doesn't waste a word. At no time did I see a sentence or turn of phrase that stopped the flow of the story.

This is no airport Jack Reacher paperback
Arwen Davis
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking for a book recently that really grips me and have been left disappointed before Eyeshot. From start to finish, I was enthralled with this story. While I, admittedly, don't read many thrillers, Adams tag line is highly appropriate...this was the most gripping suspense thriller I've ever read. It is excellent!
Dawn Allen
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Eyeshot is Speed on steroids. It's been a while since I had a book grab me by the throat increasing pressure with each page but this one did. Lock your doors and windows and only read in daylight.
Pat
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Nice try, but overdone

Good try at terror, violence and brutality - but a bit overdone, tended to get tiresome. Too much ? Yes
Michelle
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Eyeshot seriously has to be one of the best and most riveting books that I have read in a long time. It kept me on the edge of my seat from the word go and I found it practically impossible to put down.
This book would make an excellent movie in my opinion. It was amazing how the author managed to make such a thrilling read that stayed interesting in a situation where the scenery and characters didn't change for over 95% of the book.
To be honest, there were some developments in the plot that wer
Teresa Collins
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HIGHLY recommend this book. It grabs you from the first few pages and never lets go. The tension continues to mount until you think you aren't going to be able to catch your next breath. Well written, tight with very few typographical errors, it is one of those books that you almost hate to have grab a hold of you because you know you aren't going to be able to do anything else except read until you finish it! The characters are so well fleshed out that you really begin to care about them and ca ...more
Lynn Mccarthy
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
With this book I was sucked into the story immediately and it never let me go till i had finished the book.
James and Ellie travel to a new home but before they can get there they are attacked by a sniper out in desert with no place to hide.Another group of people comes along and is also caught in the same trap ( that makes 5) but how many will get out if any?. You will have to read this book to see you will not be disappointed.
A thrilling book I just devoured it.
I think this book would make a gr
Valerie Downs
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I hated it, and I loved it.

It's an understatement to say this is a thriller. I was caught up in it so fast that it was all I could think about. The characters are interesting and real. It causes the readers to wonder what goes on in people's psyche that causes them to deviate so far from the norm. If I need to clarify that I hated it, it's because I think the world has a lot more people out there like this, just under the radar. But we pretend it's not so. I didn't hate the book, but it was quit
Debbie
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read this type of book, but WOW! This was such a fast pace, thrilling survival story. The characters are developed so well that I was hooked in the first chapter. The hero in the story draws from trauma in his youth to outsmart the villain. You will fall in love with the hero and heroine. I definitely would recommend this book. I received this book for a fair and honest review. This book is a keeper.
Jeannie Lemley
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
EYESHOT!!!

If you like suspenseful stories, read this book! It's very 'gripping' - like they described. And nail biting, pulse quickening, all things that make a good suspense story! The plot was very original, unlike anything I've ever read. A far out idea that could actually happen! I sure don't want to drive through the desert anytime soon!! Yep, I highly recommend this book! And any book by this author, Taylor Adams!
Jaclyn
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Thrilling, scary, funny, and surprisingly sweet. This is a badass survival story that's impossible to put down. Underneath all the action and suspense, there's also a surprisingly touching romance. The villain is terrifying and expertly written; he gets under your skin. I especially loved the little bits of humor sprinkled throughout. Even if thrillers aren't really your cup of tea, give this one a shot (haha, pun!). I loved this book. LOVED it.
Kiana
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This book should have a warning label. I was sucked into the plot immediately and became captivated as the events unfolded like an inflatable raft - not the kind that gradually expands as you blow into a valve and become dizzy from lack of oxygen - the kind that you pull a ripcord and, WHUMP, suddenly it's there in front of you, filling the room.
David Jarrett
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an exciting little book. I say little, because, in my view, it is somewhat short to be called a novel. The plot is interesting, though extremely far-fetched. I would be very surprised if, in the real world, the protagonists and antagonist would be able to accomplish the feats they did. Nevertheless, it was a fast-paced read that held my interest until the end.
Serra
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I found this book an interesting read, it is packed with excitement and suspense. However, not all of the actions were believable. It seems hard to belief and accept that a few unarmed characters can beat a snipper, or that Elle successfully shoots the deputy even though it is not said that she can actually shoot a gun. If it were more convincing I would have regarded the book as more successful and would have recommend it to be published, yet it was not. Nor did I find the novel that revolution ...more
Michael Masciangelo
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heart-pounding thrilling read that takes place almost solely on the side of desolate desert highway. Trapped in a long-range snipers sites, with little options, supplies or weapons...how do you survive?!? Finished two books recently by this up and coming author who is quickly working his way to the top of my list!
A.K. Smith
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
An adrenaline ride in the desert

A dark twisty plot of a couple caught on a detour with a madman in the desert. Speed read through a lot of the details regarding guns and sniper techniques, but had to finish to find out how it ended.
Jmrathbone
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
“Eyeshot” may have been better as a movie to be a real thriller. As it was, there was no real character development in the earlier part of the book. Adams tells more about the characters in flashbacks than any other way. Because of this, I found it hard to care about James and Elle. I just finished the book and couldn’t even remember the woman’s name, I had to go back to the book and look it up. This book just doesn’t live up to the hype nor reach it’s potential.
chelepissbcglobal.net
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Heart stopping and fantastic.

Watch your blood pressure soar with this amazing book which deserves ten stars for original storytelling, creativity and character development. Fabulous book.
Anne
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: thriller fans
On their was for a new job to Texas, Elle and her husband are lured into a position where they are in the crosshairs of a sadistic killer, pinned down and unable to escape. How they work to escape is nail biting and the ending is quite a surprise.
Karon
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
A definite page-turner.
It was difficult to put down even though it wouldn't have been one I would have chosen if I had read the summary.
Theweebarrell
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this good intense thriller, gripping with a good storyline always had you wondering what was going to happen next, Highly recommended
Carol
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this book. Amazing thriller, great underlying story about James & Elle. I couldn't put it down! Must be made into a movie!
  • With Full Malice
  • Mortal Fire (The Secret of the Journal #1)
  • Too Dark to Sleep
  • Pray
  • The Devil's Closet (CeeCee Gallagher, #2)
  • The Philanthropist's Danse
  • Blood Relics (James Acton Thrillers #12)
  • The Planner
  • Inferno Park
  • Nephilim Genesis of Evil
  • The Face Transplant
  • Where's My Son? (Jason Strong, Detective #1)
  • Kate Jones Thriller Series: Vol. 1: Bad Spirits, Dead of Winter, Death Rites, Touring for Death
  • City of Ghosts (A Mystery in Vienna #1)
  • Terminal Ambition, A Maggie Mahoney Novel
  • All God's Creatures
  • Kidnapped (Tara Shores, #2)
  • The Starry Child (Starry Child, #1)
Taylor Adams directed the acclaimed short film And I Feel Fine in 2008 and graduated Eastern Washington University with the Excellence in Screenwriting Award and the prestigious Edmund G. Yarwood Award. His directorial work has screened at the Seattle True Independent Film Festival and his writing has been featured on KAYU-TV’s Fox Life blog. He has worked in the film/television industry for sever ...more
“to be cursed with a brain like a bag of cats” 1 likes
“You don't smile when you're holding on. You smile when you're letting go.” 1 likes