Start by marking “MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom” as Want to Read:
MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom

MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  11,987 ratings  ·  1,833 reviews
Tony Robbins has coached and inspired more than 50 million people from over 100 countries. More than 4 million people have attended his live events. Oprah Winfrey calls him super-human. Now for the first time - in his first book in two decades - he's turned to the topic that vexes us all: How to secure financial freedom for ourselves and our families.

Based on extensive re
Published November 18th 2014 by Simon Schuster (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about MONEY Master the Game, please sign up.
Brian This book could easily be half the size or less. Way too much unnecessary waffle.I understand that Tony has a style of teaching but I found it very…moreThis book could easily be half the size or less. Way too much unnecessary waffle.I understand that Tony has a style of teaching but I found it very hard to stay interested in a subject I'm very much interested in. (less)
Randy Wurm I'm about half way in and I'm already taking away suggestions. The examples and stories get a little long, but the advice seems solid at this point in…moreI'm about half way in and I'm already taking away suggestions. The examples and stories get a little long, but the advice seems solid at this point in the book. I haven't applied anything yet however.(less)

·  11,987 ratings  ·  1,833 reviews

Start your review of MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom
Jenny
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am having a hard time rating this one! There were a few kick-in-the-butt reminders that I needed to hear and that will be very useful as I review my options moving forward; however, waaaaay too much "huff and puff" about what he's *going* to tell you later in the book. Every chapter is loaded up with hype that could easily be removed to make the book 1/3 shorter.

I was also disappointed that throughout the promotions he kept saying he interviewed the world's top 50 investors, but the book only
The
Oct 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: business, nonfiction
"Let me tell you about how I'm going to tell you about what I'm going to tell you about."
deleted d
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Damn, took me 11 days to finish this beast of a book, 650 pg. One of the few books I read from start to end nowdays, and for good reason.

This book holds the key to making a financial fortune and also what to do with it. Tony did a great job with this book and I learned so much from it, as you can see from the notes below.

I highly recommend this book to practically anyone.

Money: Master the Game
- Compunded return is awesome. Start young
- It's hard to keep
Sarah Andre penrose
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, truly I did. I read a free sample chapter via Smiley360, for review purposes, and ended up super disappointed! Tony Robbins is a ridiculously smart man, but this book was not a smart choice. I read 55 pages that left me wondering when I would actually get anything from the book. It was all quotes and fluff on how Mr Robbins wante to write this book ad what it was all about. Unfortunately, I never got into what the book was about. My sample to review ended where the bo ...more
Duffy Pratt
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: trading
Robbins sounds like a charlatan, but I suspect he is not. Rather, I think he has helped himself to more than his share of his own kool-aid.

Coming in at over 600 pages, this book may have thirty pages of content. The rest is self-promotion, cheerleading, continually selling how wonderful what will be appearing, in just the next chapter. And endless namedropping. In there, there are a few "secrets" about how to manage your money. For example, Robbins has "discovered" that you should save money by
Radi
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I liked Tony's lectures and got the impression that he must be a great guy. And I was hoping for an enjoyable ride with this book.
But after going through 13% of the book, I seriously feel like punching him on the face. Several times.

The book treats you like some donkey who needs carrots shown in front of it every few seconds. Tony keeps on repeating what he is going to tell you and how this is going to change everything but delivers very little in the following pages.
Chad Warner
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chad by: Freelancers' Show
Shelves: finance, non-fiction
There's some good financial advice here, but it's buried in an unnecessarily large amount of stories, philosophical musings, and repetition. It's also a bit too self-promotional. I mostly agree with the fundamentals of Robbins' approach (as far as I understand it as an amateur): index, use a fiduciary, pay attention to asset allocation, etc.

Much of the advice is based on the work and teachings of John Bogle, Burton Malkiel, Warren Buffett, Ray Dalio, and David Swenson.

The last sever
Tina Mears
Nov 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
I received the first chapter for free. It was boring,and just like all other get rich books. Seems like a scam to get me to spend money my opinion is my own opinion so if you feel like you want to wast your money and read a book about other people being rich this might be a good book for you. I however like to spend my money on things with a purpose.
Michele Fadda
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Everybody should read the book. It's great, makes you think and understand such a complicate world, many things I didn't know coming from another country with different rules. What are you going to do with your life when you are retired? Find a part time job because your life investments didn't pay what you expected????? It's your life, It's your money...you can waste them or you can be at least a little bit knowledgeable.

It repeats itself few times, and like he says in the book, it
Melody
Nov 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'm on page 55 of 688 of MONEY Master the Game: Which I received the first chpter as a FREE download from Smiley360 for my review, which is my opinion all it's own. To be honest I got bored after the first 3-5 pages. I mean there are 5 pages of "what others are saying". I just kept thinking WHEN are you going to get to the point, for those of us who are not overflowing with money and want to know how to get our finances in order and actually have a little extra to make a "want" purchase instead ...more
Dax
May 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I only read the first half of this book. I should have stopped much earlier. In summary, this is one big commercial. The information provided at the highest level makes sense. But the Ray Dalio portfolio that is mentioned non-stop up to the point I quit, is nothing more than a bond rich portfolio that did well during a 30 year bond bull market.

I'll summarize what you need to know from this book.
1) Spend less than you make
2) Invest the difference in a diversified portfolio with a long te
Carol
May 14, 2016 added it
Shelves: non-fiction, e-galley
This is the kind of book I wish I had way back when. Way back when I first started earning my own money. If I had put some of these principles or advice to work all through my earning life perhaps I would have been a money master.

I was a bit leery going in about how I’d react to Robbins’ writing. Somewhere in my head I got the idea that he was the evangelist of finance and his style might be a bit preachy. No worries; detailed yes, repetition of points but nothing I couldn’t handle.
Mandy Henderson
Nov 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
I received a free sampler of the book for the purpose of my review, but all of my opinions are 100% my own.

I was very excited to begin reading the first chapter of this book, because I am a huge fan of finance blogs and getting my finances in order. I had never heard of Tony Robbins, but I was willing to give the book a shot, because any financial help is better than none at all. Unfortunately between all of the "introductions", all I found in this book was fluff. The author, Mr. Rob
Terri Lynn
Nov 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
The only reason I read this is because I am doing the Smiley360 campaign for the book and was given a free sampler that included the introduction and chapter 1. As always, my opinions are my own and receiving an item free does not mean I will gush over how wonderful the book is if it is not. And from what I have read of this book, it is not.

We received 55 pages and you don't even get to the table of contents until reading a bunch of fluffy statements praising Tony by his own rich friends and bu
Kara
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received a free preview of this book from Smiley 360.

While this book is well written in an engaging style, the actual content was very off-putting. I am predisposed to dislike books that position their main selling point as their authors' success and general awesome-ness. I want to learn how to handle money better, not join a personality cult. Also, Robbins never fully explains why I should trust nor value the advice of "financial titans." And this directly after brief mention of the 2008 fin
Eric Franklin
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: money
This is an excellent and empowering book for getting people to take control of their financial lives. There are two things that really detract from the overall whole:

1) The specificity of the product/company recommendations feels very marketing driven and the consistent foreshadowing of a can't lose portfolio - from a hedge fund manager not taking any clients (just stick with me) - feels like a bad late-night infomercial.

2) The recommended companies, in some cases, are ca
Leah Nadeau
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is basically a collection of advice from some of the top richest people in America on how to manage your money. This book was insightful, but I found it a bit too much of oh look at me donating to charity, you should too!

I can sum up the most valuable thing about this book here:

The golden/foolproof/long term gainer Asset Allocation:
30% stock index funds
40% long term bonds (term of 20-25 year treasuries)
15% intermediate government bonds (term of 7-10 year treasuries/>The
Paul Bard
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm only a few chapters in and I'm inspired by Tony's mission to democratize the financial industry. It's probably his most remarkable book in terms of impact, and the measure of his position and influence today that pretty much only he can pull off these amazing interviews.

It's been 20 years since Tony's last book. I recommend getting up to speed by listening to Timothy Ferriss's podcast interview with Tony and maybe watching the progressive documentary narrated by Matt Damon called
Kit Pang
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book offers deep insights and wisdom only after a few hundred pages! I can see how Tony Robbins can be a phenomenal motivational speaker because he leaves me wanting to learn more BUT in this book the sentences similar to "And later, I will show you how and what" is used too often. This book is around 600 pages and probably 200 of these pages are made up of useless fluff words.

If you can manage to look past the fluffers, the inspirational words and financial knowledge of this book is worth
Erma Talamante
Nov 13, 2014 is currently reading it
Shelves: first-reads
First off, this is a review for Smiley360 (https://smiley.socialmedialink.com). I received a sample chapter of the book for review, so this review is not based on the complete book. Reader be warned.

The book begins as any hyped-up book does - with numerous pages of positive reviews. I generally skip these because I really don't want them to color my opinion of the actual book. But I feel obliged to note that there were, in fact, 5 pages of hype before the title of the b
Joe
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best book available on the market today to help someone secure their financial future for themselves and their family.

For those who want to do the very best to secure your future and ensure your family and children are secure, willing to make a few tough decisions along the way then this is exactly what you need and I am confident that following this advice will transform the next 10-30 years for me.

It is long, but very interesting and easy to read and requires discip
Deborah
Jan 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
I really tried to finish this book, but I suffered. It took me eons. Although the style of writing is engaging, you dont seem to get simple and direct information. The constant promotional material and name dropping, and repetitive statements eventually leave you feeling frustrated and annoyed.

I much prefered "The rules of wealth". It simple and succinct. I read a few rules a day. Sometimes a few more than others.

I chose this genre of books for something different to read
Aurimas Mikalauskas
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It takes guts to read a book of this size about finance. And surely the 7 Steps aren't Simple. But you wouldn't really think they would be, given the size, would you?

So if we talk about the subtitle of the book, it's definitely misleading. But here's what I heard recently from one copywriter:

„Sell people what they want, then give them what they need“

And what I needed it was. Before this book, I wasn't investing much (except for few investments I made 2 years
Peter Christensen
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fundamentals, covered thoroughly.

I have an ok financial education, so I didn't take away a lot of new information from this book. But the organization and emphasis made abstract concepts sink in in a way they hadn't before. After completing it, I feel adequately prepared to begin a healthier financial life.

It is very repetitive. Very repetitive. But I never felt unprepared for a concept he introduced, and my retention is a lot higher than other non-fiction books I've read in the last few y
J.F. Penn
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
A must read for the new year. In depth, intelligent look at everything to do with money. Get your future sorted & read this now - then put it into action
Monica Steele
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
At first, I was very hesitant to read any part of this book. I've heard other people mention him and how amazing he was but all I ever thought was how it's got to just be common sense, and having the DESIRE to want the financial freedom so that you really work with it and stick to it. So I never bothered to spend time reading his book. However, I was given the opportunity to read just a sampler of this book and I have to say that my opinions have changed - slightly. What I've read so far hasn't ...more
Jennifer Rashkin
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a book about personal finance that will not only keep you awake but actually motivate you to do something about your financial security! And yes like many of you I thought this would just be a big "You can do it!" fest by Tony Robbins, but in actuality Tony delivers a thorough, easily understood how-to from the best of best of the financial world. Tony unearths must-do, real life advice (for everyone not just the 1%) from the likes of Ray Dalio, Carl Icahn, Mary Callahan Erdoes and more ...more
Jamie Bissig
Nov 14, 2014 is currently reading it
I was very excited to begin reading this book, via a Smiley360 mission. I was able to read the first 55 pages with the free download. At this point,I had never heard of Tony Robbins, but I was eager to read the book because any financial advice is welcomed. Unfortunately, it seemed that all the author, Mr. Robbins, could accomplish in 55 pages was to try to convince you to BUY and read his book. He was pretty full of himself. It should not take 55 pages for the author to recommend his own book. ...more
Kunal
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
One big revelation even for me was the the power of compounding costs in high-cost mutual funds. The interviews at the end are superb, especially with Ray Dalio and John Templeton. And Tony Robbins three step approach to a decision is priceless - -makes me want to read more of his stuff.
Bernd Schiffer
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Audiobook. Unabridged version. That I listened to all of the 21+ hours should be reason enough to see this as a good book. I actually was inclined to give it 5 stars, but the book had some drawbacks, so it ended up being a 4 star rating.

First time I listened to Tony Robbins was in a podcast, where he was interviewed by Tim Ferris. A couple of weeks later I saw his TED talk. He seems to be the American superstar of all the life coaches out there. I decided to not really like him back
2019 SQHS Your Li...: Money Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom 8 16 Jan 25, 2019 10:25AM
who can relate 3 27 Jun 23, 2017 03:51AM

• The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • The 4-Hour Workweek
  • The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • I Will Teach You to Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy
  • The Intelligent Investor
  • The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
  • The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
  • A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time-Tested Strategy for Successful Investing
  • Tata bogat, tata sarac
For more than 30 years Tony Robbins' passion has been helping people BREAK THROUGH and take their lives to another level -- no matter how successful they already are -- in the areas that matter most: their business, personal finance, intimate relationships, families, careers and health.

Tony Robbins has helped more than 50 million people from more than 100 countries transform their live
“Remember: we all get what we tolerate. So stop tolerating excuses within yourself, limiting beliefs of the past, or half-assed or fearful states. Use your body as a tool to snap yourself into a place of sheer will, determination, and commitment. Face your challenges head on with the core belief that problems are just speed bumps on the road to your dreams. And from that place, when you take massive action—with an effective and proven strategy—you will rewrite your history.” 12 likes
“Remember: we’re drowning in information, but we’re starving for wisdom.” 12 likes