Start by marking “The Same River Twice” as Want to Read:
The Same River Twice

The Same River Twice

(Red Rock Canyon Mysteries #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  22 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What if everything you believed to be true about your wife’s disappearance turned out to be a lie? In the third and final Red Rock Canyon Mystery, Silas Pearson finally unearths the truth.

It’s been five years since Silas Pearson’s wife, Penelope, disappeared, and two since she started appearing in his dreams. He had believed that she was trying to beckon him to her, but wh
Published October 13th 2015 by TouchWood Editions (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Same River Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Same River Twice

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Same River Twice
M. Sprouse
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
A good read perhaps three and a half stars. Even though I enjoy this conclusion to the series, I felt it was a bit underwhelming. Maybe, I my expectations for the final book were just too high? After the finding of the body the rest of the book seemed a bit anticlimactic. I was also disappointed in the end when Silas, out protagonist, seemed to just not have much of a role in the final confrontation. Silas seemed a bit powerless after all his prowess and action of the first two books.

On a positi
Philip
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read and a pretty solid wrap up of the Red Rock Canyon mystery trilogy. In many ways this book is a fine example of how a mystery trilogy should end with pretty solid, logical and believable explanations for almost all the puzzling mysteries left unexplained in the first two books with the possible exception how Silas's paranormal dreams actually occurred. This book sure made up for any lack of high paced action that the first two books may have exhibited and all the different views of v ...more
Lynn
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-read-wins
I was pleased to have won "The Same River Twice" by Stephen Legault. It is the 3rd in a series of books Red Rock Canyon Mysteries. I wish I had read the 1st 2 prior for this one. It was a little hard to follow. Basically its a story of a man and his son trying to find out what happened to his wife that has been missing for 5 years. From what I could gather the wife was Canadian and the husband American. This story takes you through the wilderness of Utah and the trials and tribulations that the ...more
Wendy Francis
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the best of Legault's mysteries, in my opinion. I found it hard to put down, yet I didn't want it to end. This novel ties up all the loose ends of the previous two Red Rock Canyon mysteries and I strongly recommend reading at least the second one before trying this one. The resolution is tense and entirely satisfying. It also avoids the 'happy ever after' ending that could have been tempting. I'm truly sorry to see this series come to an end.
John
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Red Rock Canyon series was really good and "The Same River Twice" was a really good finish for it. I really enjoyed this series and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys mysteries. I won this book on GoodReads and like I do with most my wins I will be paying it forward by giving my win either to a friend or library to enjoy.
Janice
This was a great conclusion to this series. I have enjoyed the wonderful descriptions of the southwest, mostly of southern Utah, the red rock canyons and white spires, I love that landscape.
The mystery of who the killer might be was interesting and drove the story, but was a secondary aspect of the reading for me. Great job, Mr. Legault!
Janice Eisenhauer
Pat Graham
Laura Suchocki
Rose
Sep 17, 2015
Stephen Legault is the author of fourteen books, including most recently Where Rivers Meet: Photographs and Stories from the Bow Valley and Kananaskis and Earth and Sky: Photographs and Stories from Montana and Alberta.

He is a full-time conservation activist, writer, photographer, public speaker, and strategy consultant who lives in Canmore, Alberta with his wife Jenn, and two sons, Rio and Silas

Red Rock Canyon Mysteries (3 books)
  • The Slickrock Paradox