Start by marking “Front Roe: How to Be the Leading Lady in Your Own Life” as Want to Read:
Front Roe: How to Be the Leading Lady in Your Own Life

Front Roe: How to Be the Leading Lady in Your Own Life

Louise Roe-internationally renowned fashion journalist, TV host, and makeover guru-knows style. It's not about trends but about being your own person and sharing the things you love in your appearance, your home, and your personality. In Front Roe, Louise shares her expertise on cultivating personal style and feeling like a confident leading lady in your own life.

In her fi
Published April 7th 2015 by Running Press Adult

To ask other readers questions about Front Roe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Front Roe

Shannon
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: home-lifestyle
I had no idea who Louise Roe was until I saw a feature on her in Hello magazine which prompted me to pick up her book at the library. Apparently she is a stylist who decided to write a book answering every fashion and lifestyle question she's ever been asked. As a result the book is a jumble of too many topics on everything from how to dress for work to antique shopping, from party hosting to smoothie making, from storage solutions to bathroom decorating. Not much of anything new here, get a sub ...more
Kate
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not your average 'style guide' full of pretty pictures and little else, this actually featured a lot of writing and useful tips on a wide varity of lifestyle topics.
Helen
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Louise Roe is known for presenting ‘Plain Jane’ a makeover TV show, she also does some other TV work and now has a YouTube channel. She brought out this fashion, beauty and lifestyle book in 2015, I purchased it while it was fairly new but only recently finished it this year. It’s one of the nicest self-help, beauty manual type books I’ve read. Louise shares some in depth extremely helpful content but in a fun and chatty way. I would say I favour it over Lauren Conrad’s books, although I love th ...more
Diane
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
More for the 20/30 year olds, not the 50 plus crowd. Good information, but much I either already knew or felt it did not pertain to me. A bit of repetition in spots. But the author's passion for the topic shone throughout.
Angie Niles
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Louise Roe's writing. So many great tips on style, beauty and home decor. It's fun and very attainable in your day to day life.
Karen
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this book is a great collection of tips, especially for women in their 20s. Some of the tips were not new to me, but I think I am clearly outside the target age. Still, I found some great tips, for instance on stretching your shoes, and on fashion, and lots of wonderful website tips.
Her writing tone also made reading easy and makes her seem like a really nice and fun person to be around. There was nothing judgy or condescending in this book.
Sometimes it felt like you are jumping from o
Sayali Pathak
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Started out really food. Some good overall fashion tips that i much needed, all in one place, along with recommendations of brands etc. Liked that it begins with fashion tips and ends with a tip to be kind to yourself. Fashion section was good but the lifestyle section was just ok, nothing very enlightening in my opinion. I was expecting it to be a lot more specific hoping for advice from the fashion knowing author, may be a lot more visuals. But I will be coming back to some of the good section ...more
Shikha Surendra
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help-books
A perfect coffee table book.
T
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
A skimmer
Joan
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great summary of ‘how to’ for the young ladies out there! Good on Fiona for putting this together.
Ellen Zacarias
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: guide
“My granny was never rich, but boy was she glamorous,” says Louise Roe in the introduction to her book, Front Roe - How to Be the Leading Lady in Your Own Life. “Elegant, ladylike, impeccably mannered, and dressed to the nines at all times…”

Louise Roe, fashion journalist and television host of makeover shows such as Plain Jane, Style by Jury, and Fit for Fashion, shares her style smarts with working women in Front Roe - How to Be the Leading Lady in Your Own Life. Front Roe offers lifestyle adv
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm a huge fan of Louise Roe and I love her blog and her TV shows. I think she has excellent personal style and always gives great advice.
My only issue is that the book did not seem to contain much new information. It was full of great tips, handy things to know and great ideas, but it was all stuff I've heard before. I don't think the book is anything special.
I did however enjoy the lifestyle section a lot, particularly the interior decorating section and found that Louise had lots of interes
Carley
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Super fun, quick read! Love her!
Alyse
May 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
I would love to know my style better and be able look and feel great in what I wear. this book actually didn't help me tons with that, but I did like learning that yogurt/apple cider is good for skin and her recipe for salt hair spray.
Ashley
May 27, 2015 marked it as to-read
Skimmed this briefly before having to return it to the library and it looks like there's probably nothing really new in there, but there are a few sections I'd like to read properly.
Abby Alford
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Skimmed it this morning - yawn...
Farrell
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I was under the impression this was more of a memior/novel, but it was fine.
Kimberly

• The Meeting Point
  • Morality Without God?
  • Solemate: Master the Art of Aloneness and Transform Your Life
  • KnitKnit: Profiles + Projects from Knitting's New Wave
  • My Mother, Your Mother: Embracing "Slow Medicine," the Compassionate Approach to Caring for Your Aging Loved Ones
  • Knit Fix
  • 10,000 Ways to Say I Love You: The Biggest Collection of Romantic Ideas Ever Gathered in One Place
  • An English Boy in New York (Boys Don't Knit, #2)
  • Knitwear Design Workshop: A Comprehensive Guide to Handknits
  • Philosophy of Religion: Selected Readings
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere