Start by marking “God's Crime Scene: A Cold-Case Detective Examines the Evidence for a Divinely Created Universe” as Want to Read:

There are four ways to die, and only one of them requires an intruder. Suicides, accidental, and natural deaths can occur without any evidence from outside the room. But murders typically involve suspects external to the crime scene. If there’s evidence of an outside intruder, homicide detectives have to prepare for a chase. Intruders turn death scenes into crime scenes.

J
Published August 1st 2015 by David C Cook

To ask other readers questions about God's Crime Scene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God's Crime Scene

Gina Burgess
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book won't hit the shelves until August 2015, but I read an ARC, and am quite impressed. The perspective is unique, from the point of view of a homicide detective. Looking for all kinds of clues relating to why God is, and why only God could create the universe. If you have ANYone in your family that is agnostic or atheistic, if you have anyone that believes science is above all and end all, then you must get them to read this book.

Wallace presents a wall of evidence that cannot be denied.
Michele Morin
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Presenting the Evidence

Judge: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we have before us on the witness stand of this court a seasoned, cold-case detective, J. Warner Wallace. He will testify to the veracity of his claims, set forth in God’s Crime Scene, that there is, indeed, a Divine Creator. Since the only charge against you, Mr. Wallace, is faulty and illogical thinking, there are no lawyers present, and I will proceed with the questioning myself. Now, having sworn to tell the truth, surely you mus
Adam Lewis
Jul 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: crackpottery
Embarrassingly inept. Embarrassing to investigation as a profession.

I am a former Military Police Investigator. MPI fills the same role in the military police world as detectives do in the civilian realm. As such, and as someone interested in this subject, I had to get this book. But wow. Wow is it bad. Amateur hour throughout. Any prosecutor worth his salt would laugh Wallace and his “case” out of the room.

Wallace’s theme is “in the room” vs. “out of the room” explanations. His example is a dea
Debbie
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"God's Crime Scene" is an apologetic book that looks at evidence about the origins of the universe from the point of view of a cold case detective. Does the universe (including the earth, humans, and even their minds) show evidence of outside tampering or can the evidence be explained in purely naturalistic terms?

The author looked at many "lines of evidence" (cosmology, biology, etc.) as he examined the case. I felt he did an excellent job of distilling the arguments down to explanations that no
Brian Chilton
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
J. Warner Wallace offers a compelling approach for the existence of God. Wallace, a former Los Angeles cold-case detective who has never lost a case, uses his evidentiary expertise to provide a cumulative case for the existence of a personal, eternal, divine being being the cause of the universe as he demonstrates the best evidence is found "outside the room," that is, beyond the scope of the universe. Wallace tackles the cosmological, biological, teleological, consciousness, free will, and mora ...more
Katie George
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My first non-coerced theological novel, GOD'S CRIME SCENE is a blessing for all those who are seeking God—even if they do not realize they are searching for Him.

Man, Wallace is intelligent. Not only is he humanly intelligent, but is smart enough to agree that God holds he answers, not humanity.

I encourage all people to read this book, as it makes the case for God's existence not just in a Christian sphere, but in all theistic belief systems.
Luke Nix
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Check out the full chapter by chapter summary review Faithful Thinkers: http://lukenixblog.blogspot.com/2015/...
Danny McSpadden
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best

I have ever read at clarifying the discussion. By the end of it I realised just how disjointed and ridiculous the arguments for inside the room really are.
Derek
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Oh man. Where to start with this monstrosity? Should I start with the irritating and altogether unnecessary 'crime stories' that are injected into each chapter? No? Okay. So. Intelligent design is flawed (it is not scientific in that it arrives at a pre-determined result), the logic in this book is flawed or plain false (no mention of fMRI scans? Or that flagellum could have evolved? Or that there are other theories for explaining the universe? Or that maybe accepting God is intellectually lazy ...more
Joan
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wallace uses his experience as a homicide investigator to explain the kind of evidence and how conclusions are drawn from it. He tells some of his police investigation stories and uses them as spring boards to writing about evidence for an outside agent in the origin of the universe. This is a very clear and well presented book. He has an extensive section near the end for those who want to go deeper into the issues he covers. I recommend this book to anyone interested in origins.
You can read my
Jonathan Roberts
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2015
Four and a half stars. A very well done book. While I lean (currently) toward a presuppositionalist view of apologetics I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Especially love the drawings by the author. These drawings are worth the price of the book themselves. Highly recommend now I will have to go read his first book.
Lisa Ewing
Nov 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Would give 5 stars for such an in depth investigation, but just giving 3 stars for the fact that some stuff made my head spin due to sooo much detail. Very impressive read other than that. Can't say I completely understood 100% of it though. Haha
Joyce Oliver stahle
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very well written. I liked the fact he wrote it as a detective. Mr. Wallace laid out all the evidence for and against a divinely created universe.
I already knew and believed God created our universe but it was great to read all the evidence.
Jason Mccool
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. More detailed review to follow.
Alan Fuller
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science, philosophy

Who better to look at evidence than former atheist, and famed cold case detective, J. Warner Wallace. He points out that the interpretation of evidence can be inaccurate because it begins with an incorrect foundational idea. Life appears to be fine-tuned for life. The most reasonable cause is that God did it.

"If the fine-tuning we observe in the universe is not the result of chance, necessity, observational phenomena, or multiverse theories, what is left to consider?" Wallace, J. Warner. God's
J.J. Richardson
I wanted to give this book 5 stars. I only gave it four because the reading was a little dry at times. That is such a conundrum. I know inevitably antagonists still give it 1 star simply due to it's subject matter. And I would hate for a valuable book such as this to be discounted due to a rating that will be effected by such imbalance. Nevertheless I have to save 5 star ratings for books that rock me. While this book didn't do that, (partially because I am already familiar with the internal con ...more
Robert Eby
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book that every apologist must read

I really enjoyed this book, finishing off his trio of books was a great journey where I was taught the evidence for God in such straight forward and easy manner. It felt more like a conversation, with it's easy flow. It was fascinating, and educational. I like the illustrations to assist me in learning. This one is deep, in that it goes into quite detail about just what there is to inferr given the evidence about God. My life, as an $1 apologist is mu
Matt Sears
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
With an incredible lack of imagination, Wallace incorporates a litany of unnecessary restrictions into both the definition of life, and the potential origins of life. His only arguments seem to be, "we can't explain how this thing happened, therefore God must've dunnit," and "this unlikely thing happened and only God can make unlikely things happen."
Hope Burmeister
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
God’s Crime Scene provides a solid, logical argument for the case of a Divine Creator. It is not overly biased towards Christian sources but uses a variety of different perspectives to come to a logical, well-researched conclusion. The only reason I’m not giving this five stars is because I think it might be a challenging read for the average reader, as it was in part for me. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad book at all, but just that for me as a reviewer, I can’t give it five stars unless I feel en ...more
Sean Goh
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: faith, philosophy
Cogently argued, though the structure of the book (level one explanations in front, detailed explanations at the back) might lead to some flipping back and forth to read the meat of Wallace's arguments.
The references to his past cases feels a little forced, like unnecessary fluff.
While it feels convincing, it also feels like it presents only one side of the argument well. Which is probably inevitable, given the charged subject nature.
___
Either an event without cause, or something outside of the
Frank Peters
This was a very good introductory apologetic book, that seeks to highlight the abundant evidence for God throughout creation. The author discusses evidence from topics covering fine tuning, life, and morality. The author is an ex-policeman/detective and begins each chapter with details from his experience in a murder investigation. He draws analogies between the evidence he would look for, and how this relates to the evidence for God. Anyone who already believes in God will find the arguments co ...more
Patrick Conley
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jim Wallace does an incredible job here. There may not be a better resource available to access so many different facets of cosmological, teleological, and ontological arguments at a level that is readable for anyone. The real life detective tales offer reprieve from the academic strain that would otherwise be present in a book dealing with these topics. A great read and an excellent gift choice for believers and non believers.
Joshua
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“God’s Crime Scene is one of the most insightful, interesting, and enjoyable apologetics books I have read in a long time. Whether you are a skeptic or a believer, you will walk away challenged by this book.”.

Exilefromgroggs
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
An "apologetic" book - one that sets out evidence that there is a god and that the god's nature is in accordance with what Christianity says. Very well-structured and readable - a friend who isn't a Christian read it first and said he'd found it pretty engaging and it addressed a fair number of questions.
Omar El-mohri
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You never expected to have rational thinking giving as proof of existence of a God. This book will change they way you look at scientific evidence and how to look at science in general.
Impressive way and an non usual approach.
Dmcconkey
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great, Thought Provoking, Compelling

Outstanding, will use this book as a supplement for Apologetics’s and Worldview classes! Well thought out and reasoned. Excellent book to give to those who think science has disproven God.
Kathleen Wilkey
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good but difficult read

The book takes careful study. Good reference if you encounter a person who does not believe God created the world. Will probably read again since lots of the material needs to be thoroughly digested.
Nancy Heinrich
Oct 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crime

I just could not get into this book, only a quarter of the way and had enough of the technicality of crime.
Ron Livaudais
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Cold Case becomes a Warm Case!

A most compelling look at the evidence outside the room which points to the Creator of all things seen and unseen!
Bob
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great companion to Cold-Case Christianity. A great book to recommend to anyone seeking to understand the evidence for God.

• A Matter of Days: Resolving a Creation Controversy
  • Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air
  • The Story of Reality: How the World Began, How It Ends, and Everything Important that Happens in Between
  • Stealing from God: Why Atheists Need God to Make Their Case
  • A Reasonable Response: Answers to Tough Questions on God, Christianity, and the Bible
  • 20 Compelling Evidences That God Exists: Discover Why Believing in God Makes So Much Sense
  • Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Christian Apologetics
  • Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ
  • Who Made God?: Searching for a Theory of Everything
  • Finding Truth: 5 Principles for Unmasking Atheism, Secularism, and Other God Substitutes
  • Christian Apologetics: A Comprehensive Case for Biblical Faith
  • Seven Days That Divide The World: The Beginning According To Genesis & Science
  • The Roman Catholic Controversy
  • Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts (2 Volume Set)
  • Jesus the Evangelist: Learning to Share the Gospel from the Book of John
  • Natural Theology
  • The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus
J. Warner Wallace is both a detective (currently working cold case homicides), a missions leader and a church planter. He started his career as a designer (earning a BFA from California State University at Long Beach and a Master’s in Architecture from UCLA). He eventually joined a law enforcement agency in Los Angeles County and has been a police officer and detective for nearly 25 years. Jim was ...more
“While physical states can be publicly known, mental states are only privately known. This characteristic of the mind is not shared with the brain; the properties of the brain and the mind are not identical.” 1 likes
“Moral relativism denies the “immoral” minority the chance to argue logically against a “moral” majority, if there is no standard” 1 likes