Start by marking “Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth” as Want to Read:
Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth

Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth (Rat Queens #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  21,041 Ratings  ·  1,482 Reviews
This booze-soaked second volume of RAT QUEENS reveals a growing menace within the very walls of Palisade. And while Dee may have run from her past, the bloated, blood-feasting sky god N’rygoth never really lets his children stray too far.

Collects RAT QUEENS #6-10
Published May 6th 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Rat Queens, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rat Queens, Vol. 2

Kat O'Keeffe
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
More like 4.5 stars. Really enjoying this series! It just keeps getting better and better!
Patrick
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If anything, I liked the second volume of Rat Queens even more than the first. (Something that is rarely the case.)

It focuses more on the backstories of the characters without sacrificing the fun and action of the first book, and features art from one of my favorite artists: Stjepan Šejić. (Who writes and illustrates Sunstone, among other things.)

Is the series worth your time? Yes.

You're extra likely to enjoy it if you're into: tabletop RPG (like D&D) strong female characters, humor/satire,
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
This volume opens after a party. Major party. Lots of smexy times happening.

Once they get up and get over being pissed about who they hooked up with they begin our story.
This one could be a tad confusing if it's been awhile, and it had for me, since you've read the first book. There are several characters I didn't really remember from the first volume so it took me a few minutes to get adjusted.

There is more backstory on the wonderful Rat Queens in this edition. Such as:
Vi's being used as a lo
Nat
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
description

I really appreciated that this volume gave me more backstory, which was my main criticism about volume 1.
But I didn't love this one quite as much as the first. I can’t point to what exactly I didn’t like—maybe Dee didn’t show up enough times for me?
I just found myself confused a lot of the time, but there were parts that I still liked. Particularly the family bonds. I really appreciated Violet’s story with her mother.

description

This review and more can be found on my blog.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)

▧ My reaction after reading Rat Queens, vol 1:

▧ My reaction after reading Rat Queens, vol. 2:

I'm in mourning right now. I loved volume 1. LOVED it. I fangirled over it like a damn 15-year-old. The release date for volume 2 kept being pushed back and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I waited anxiously. And waited. And waited. I waited all this time… for this?! Seriously?!

What the hell happened?!

Gone is the spark, gone is the humour, gone is the excitement. The story is flat, confusing
Sean Gibson
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think it's fair to actually call this 4.5 Stars.

Oh, Rat Queens...what can I say about you?

Betty--It's like Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes fame has become a lady, aged but not grown, and transformed into a drug-crazed sexual omnivore. But a sweet one.

Hannah--Well, I know she likes well-endowed men. I also know she's pretty messed up and kind of a badass. And she's got some secrets (one of which is not her love for well-endowed men).

Violet--Am I the only one who thinks Violet's kinda hot (watch
HFK
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paidkindle, graphics
At first the Rat Queens was such a fresh and very much needed breeze with its strong female characters, the extraordinary wit, the boozing, the drugging, the sexy times, the attitude and the positive feminism that surrounded its core. Sadly, the second volume did show me this was just a momentary relief for me personally, something that has lost its appeal.

I really adored the characters from the start but felt that within the second volume their stamina was gone, they were one-dimensional albeit
Jokoloyo
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Direct continuation of Volume 1. I recommend to read Vol. 1 and Vol 2. in one go. The setting is at the same city and using the same recurring characters.

RQ_yol0

I cannot say much without spoiler. Let's say there are more inner struggles on volume 2 than previous volume. There are glimpses of backgrounds of these independent ladies and they blended to the plots nicely. (view spoiler)
Carmen
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Read my review of Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery if you want a run-down on the plot.

Long story short: four kickass females (a smidgen, a dwarf, an elf, and a Cthulu priestess) form an adventuring group. Crazy stuff happens.

It's SUPER-AWESOME.

And Orc Dave is in this! I have such a crush on him. And he kisses Violet in here! Full-page kissing! KISSING! With Orc Dave!!!! <3 *Carmen draws little hearts in her notebook*

READ IT. I mean, read Volume One first, but this series is amazing. Hig
Sarah Churchill
There's seriously nothing I don't love about this series. The characters, the sass, the storylines and the world... all of it! In volume 1 I fell in love with the characters, this time around we got an interesting development to the story along with the backstory of two of them. These girls are all so different and packed full of personality, set in a high fantasy world, but are still seriously REAL and teach me a thing or two about swearing. And I'm Welsh, believe me I'm not new.

How will I sur
Sam Quixote
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-comics-2015
Bilford Bogin, it’s been a while since Rat Queens Volume 1!

The Queens are back and thank gods they haven’t changed. The book opens the morning after a heavy night out. They’ve got hangovers, some are embarrassed over who they hooked up with, and one of the statue’s in Palisade is missing its stone penis! Things are about to get more fun though as Lovecraftian monsters begin appearing in the sky as a damaged man attempts to wipe Palisade off the map - Rat Queens to the rescue!

I mention the leng
Rebecca
Read this review and more on my blog

In a nutshell: Another fun volume in this awesome graphic novel series!

I love Rat Queens and it's one of my favourite graphic novels of 2015, along with Ms. Marvel. I read the first issue of this volume when it came out digitally, but it's definitely best to read in the combined volume format. I don't know how I'd have coped waiting for each installment. I would have loved to have read the first two volumes back-to-back for maximum awesomeness. (I definitely n
Norah Una Sumner
description

I want to marry these girls. The story is so,so,so good and I enjoyed every minute of it. Loved the action scenes and loved that we got to see more of Rat Queens' childhood. And it's amazing that we got to see a bit of Hannah's body insecurity. She's an awesome lady and she deserves to be fucking respected. Also...

description

LOOK AT MY BABIES! Asdfghjkl. Love these two!
Melanie
Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery ★★★★★

Bilford Bogin! It's with a heavy heart that I must inform you that Rat Queens, Vol. 2 did not live up to Vol. 1. The magical D&D vibe was missing. There wasn't nearly enough Betty for my liking. Two of the chapters felt so much like fillers, that they hardly had anything to do with the main story of this collection.

I'm sad, I'm hurt, but I'm mostly just let down. Since finishing Sass & Sorcery last night, in one sitting, I rushed out today to make sure I
Character History…. Character histories E’rywhere!

Rat Queens, Volume 2 jumps around between present day and history quite a bit.

When a ghost from Dee’s past shows up on our band of misfits front door this issue launches into the histories of how these ladies got to be the adventure seeking creatures they are today.

I have to admit that I am NOT the graphic novel girl, I’m not, so when I say that these histories seemingly came out of left field I mean it from a novel-reader’s point of view. I ha
Sesana
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy
(Received from Netgalley for review.)

It's been a long time since the first volume of Rat Queens. That's for a good reason, which I won't really get into here. Long and short is that Wiebe elected to change artists, from Upchurch to Sejic, for a really really good reason. The result is, as far as art quality goes, kind of a lateral move. Upchurch is talented, and so is Sejic, and their styles aren't terribly different on this book. It also meant considerable delay in producing the individual issu
Alexa
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, as many of you probably know by now, the art of this series changed during the making of this volume due to the arrest of the old illustrator for domestic abuse.

And I think Wiebe (the writer and creator of the series) sums it up pretty well.
"This is a difficult and upsetting statement to write. I couldn't have imagined something I love so dearly would become connected to domestic violence…"

You and me both pal. I loved that art. LOVED it. And I am so angry and disappointed now.

So, we have
Elizabeth
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
All the feels. Exciting plot, fun art, women doing all the things. Badass. <3
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔
Sigh. I just LOVE the Rat Queens.

This one is a bit more chaotic than the first (if that is possible) with someone wearing a mask that channels a powerful tentacle deity (or three). So the Rat Queens of course have to save the day in between all their crazy shenanigans.

We get a little back-story with some flashbacks and a couple new characters are introduced. There's lots of sex and a bit more relationship angst. But still a riot and loads of fun to read.

One of my favorite parts was seeing Viol
Lainey
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Still, I found some transitional between panels/pages confusing but overall, I fucking loved this. I liked how we learned more about the queens and this storyline was pretty good.
Book Riot Community
What is Rat Queens? Rat Queens is a gender-swapped Lord of the Rings, if Tolkien had dropped f-bombs instead of elven poetry. Rat Queens is coming home after a night of partying with your girlfriends and playing Dungeons & Dragons. Rat Queens is a NSFW Discworld novel.

The series follows the adventures of a band of mercenaries: Hannah is a rockabilly elven mage, Violet is a hipster dwarf, Dee is an atheist cleric from a cult that worships a Cthulu-like god, and Betty is a hippie Smidgen thief
Shannon
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not as funny as the first volume but still super entertaining. I actually think I liked it better than the first.

And hey, Gary helped.

Random, but - trypophobia alert!

(view spoiler)

Pictures like that^ make the back of my head itch and I feel super uncomfortable looking at it. Some sort of uncanny valley type of thing. The Weavess is extra upsetting because she has bugs crawling in a
Terence
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Revenge is coming in a supernatural sort of way.

The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'Rygoth just wasn't a hit for me. The nudity was increased and believe it or not seeing a nude penis drawing wasn't on my list of things to do today. The comedy wasn't quite there either although there were a few moments.
description
In the end I just wasn't feeling this volume as much as the first one.

This is definitely for anyone looking for a lewd and bloody time.
Shannon (leaninglights)
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
*4.5 actual rating*
This ladies are so much fun - I liked getting more backstories and learning more about them. I didn't love this one quite as much as the first though! Can't wait for more volumes :)
Erin Dunn
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviews for Rat Queens 1-3 & Outcast Vol. 1 here on my blog- http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/05...

Hannah, Hannah, Hannah...oh how I love her sarcasm and sass! I am so glad that after I finished the first volume I immediately went out and bought volumes 2&3.
#BackToTheBookstore

We got to see more of Dee and her backstory in this one. Which made me happy since Dee is my second favorite character! There was also more backstory for Hannah and Violet as well. I hope we get more backstory fo
Ashley Brooks
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5!
I am so in love with this series. I liked seeing more character development in this volume but the first volume just grabbed me more!
Paige (Enchantology)
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
☆☽Erica☾☆
Disappointed by this installment. The art changed halfway through and the plot was confusing.
Mitticus
4.5 bloody stars

Don't you know your mythology, girl? Rats are the harbingers of impeding destruction.

And the adventure continue with Hannah, Dee, Vi and Betty, not your average heroines in a fantasy world on crack. They are multicultural, multi-sized and multi-shaped, and talk without reservations nor filter. (i.e. sweard, fight, drink, and had sex).

They are cliche, and make fun of that. And in a bizarre way that works.

We have some sneak-peaks in the past of Vi, Hannah, and some information a
Rob
Story
Maybe not quite as good as the first volume, but awfully close! Everyone should read Rat Queens. This is especially true for any D&D/RPG players out there.

The story is excellent, the humor is hilarious, the action is fun and the characters are memorable. This is true not only of the Rat Queens themselves, but also the supporting cast. Betty continues to be my favorite though. She always makes me smile.

I think the highlight of this volume is insights into the backstory of 3 of the Quee
  • Princeless, Vol. 1: Save Yourself
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 3: A Terrible Plan
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium
  • Shutter, Vol. 1: Wanderlost
  • Captain Marvel, Volume 2: Stay Fly
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • The Autumnlands, Vol. 1: Tooth and Claw
  • Saga, Vol. 5 (Saga, #5)
  • ODY-C, Vol. 1: Off to Far Ithicaa
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days
  • Lazarus, Vol. 3: Conclave
  • She-Hulk, Volume 2: Disorderly Conduct
  • Death Vigil, Vol. 1
  • Red Sonja, Vol. 1: Queen of Plagues
  • Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2)
Kurtis Wiebe is a Vancouver, Canada based author who’s been established in the world of comic writing since 2009. For his contribution to the critically acclaimed Green Wake, Kurtis was presented with the Outstanding Comic Book Writer Shuster Award.

Never satisfied with a specific style of writing, Kurtis has branched out to novels, videogames and screenplays. He spends his days at home, writing ab
More about Kurtis J. Wiebe

Rat Queens (6 books)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens, #1)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 3: Demons
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 4: High Fantasies (Rat Queens, #4)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 5: The Colossal Magic Nothing (Rat Queens, #5)
  • Rat Queens, Vol. 6: The Infernal Path (Rat Queens, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“This isn't the work of our people, Delilah. It's a corruption of power. The gods are neutral, good and evil manifests in the deeds of mortals.'

'Or, just maybe-- The power is our own and the credit horribly misplaced.”
9 likes