Start by marking “Green Lantern, Volume 6: The Life Equation” as Want to Read:
Green Lantern, Volume 6: The Life Equation

Green Lantern, Volume 6: The Life Equation

(Green Lantern (2011) #6)

On a higher plane of existence, the incredible beings known as the New Gods have waged an eternal war against the cosmic tyrant called Darkseid. Now their quest to break the deadlock and defeat their nemesis has led them to the power rings of the Lanterns. They mean to seize the rings, reforge the emotional spectrum, and unlock the Life Equation—a weapon capable of reshapi ...more
Hardcover, First, 184 pages
Published May 13th 2015 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Green Lantern, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Lantern, Volume 6

Anne
This volume did a few things better than the last one.
One of those things was simply not being quite so loooong and rambley. Also, there's a point in this one when Sinestro points out to Hal that his greatest strength is his unpredictability. And he's lost his edge, because he's trying to be a bureaucrat*, instead of just his usually leap first-look later kind of self.
Yay, Sinsetro! Couldn't have said it better myself!
*Hal is now the leader of the GL corps. - Astonishing Anne

Another thing I th
Douglas Gibson
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Hal Jordan story (almost Geoff Johns good)! I read this volume in just two sittings because I kept wanting to know what came next! High points include GL asking for Black Hands help in defeating a foe (leading to a sad encounter from the past for Lantern) a great one off with Hal, Barry, and Guy trying to hang out and have a relaxing day off, and a great cliff hanger to set up the next volume.
Chris Lemmerman
DC's collection of crossovers astounds me no end. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it really makes no sense at all how they collect multiple issue crossovers. At least in this volume they put some recap material between issues, since between an issue of Green Lantern are four issues of other titles before coming back to Green Lantern, although the pacing of the event means you're likely not missing much.

The thing that really irks me about this trade is that the Godhead one-shot that a
Jeremy DeBottis
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was not into this.

It's almost as though there have been so many huge Green Lantern stories for such a long period of time that every time they try and up the ante and that it finally came crashing down.

Premise. The New Gods want to take one of every power ring to help come up with an equation to beat Darkseid? I think. I don't really remember. I finished this about two weeks ago. Apparently it has no staying power.

So, in classic HERO form the New Gods just go and forcefully take them, and t
Michael Church
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dc-comics
Ugh. This mostly sucked. The Life Equation storyline was difficult to follow considering it was part of a crossover, but still nothing that was missed seemed that important. The New Gods were uninteresting in the way they were used and the conflict mostly meaningless. I am glad that the resolution was for Highfather to realize he sounded just like Darkseid, but it doesn't make it any less bothersome. I'm starting to think that I just can't like the New Gods. I haven't liked them in anything I've ...more
Will Robinson Jr.
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Yes! I finally made it to the Godhead story arc. This volume doesn't have the complete story arc due to this being a Green Lantern crossover event. So that fact weakens this novel a bit. But we still get all the excitement of what happens when you pit the Lanterns against the powerful New Gods. There are alot of great moments in this book especially between Orion and Hal Jordon. Both heroes can be hot headed and this really makes this book fun. The Green Lantern series is probably the best cosmi ...more
Adam Fisher
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
The first half of this Volume was issues from the Green Lantern/New Gods crossover. I want to read the entire crossover, but I think the best issues were probably here. Seeing the power of Black Hand again reminded me of how much I love the Blackest Night story. A truly shocking display of death power here though! My jaw dropped.
The second half features two stories. The first, Hal takes a vacation to earth and interacts with Guy, Barry Allen, and Carol. A good "down" issue. The second i
John Yelverton
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
It was actually a vast improvement over the previous installment of the book series. My only gripe, is that the Guardians can defeat the Anti-Monitor, so why can't they handle Darkseid or High Father? It seems more like forcing characters to fit the story rather than the other way around.
Wing Kee
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty dang fantastic.

World: The art is good, it's expressive and gives it a down to earth feeling to it, the line work could be a bit tighter but overall a pretty book to look at. The world building here is also very solid and supports the story well. The look at the fallout and the galaxy as a whole at the moment is good and gives weight to the character and the consequences.

Story: I really like down time issues, they allow readers to breath and have a little calm. I feel that sometimes comic
Will Cooper
Jan 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
DC loves to have huge crossovers that span 4 titles and then collects just the specific title's issues in a trade that don't make any sense to read together because it's missing three other issues for the story. So they do that in this one with The Life Equation/New Gods: Godhead. I've read the crossover so I know the story, but people who just get the Green Lantern title will be utterly confused. It's poorly constructed. If you're going to have a crossover of 4 titles' issues 27-30, then just h ...more
Andrea
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-new-52
Should have just tossed the three issues that were not in the Green Lantern/New Gods gn in there too. If I had paid for both books instead of getting them from the library, I would have not been happy.
Edward Davies
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid volume that was actually enjoyable and with a story that felt more linear than the previous volume.
Eleanor
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, aside from the usual complaints about DC and their stupid organisation of crossovers. This time the major storyline finishes in the middle of the book, great job guys.
Scott Lee
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it
The volume was just okay. I am, however, mostly reviewing the second half, issues 38-40 rather than the first half, issues 35-37. I started reading 35, totally unaware that there was a larger New Gods/Green Lanterns story (the whole thing is collected in Green Lantern/New Gods: Godhead) and once I realized I was reading pieces of a story that was fully collected elsewhere, I skipped to the issues in the volume that weren't part of that storyline. What I read of Godhead was pretty good, but I did ...more
Victor Orozco
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
One good thing happens... and another bad thing pops up. That's a good way to describe Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns problem in their battle against evil.

They learn that the New Gods believe that the final victory against Dark Seid resides within the power of the visible spectrum. In particular the power of the White Lantern. As Kyle Rayner is revealed to be alive and well as the Green Lanterns find themselves in a fight with the New Gods.

I have come to accept a lot of things in the New 52
Cale
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This volume continues the improved quality of the Green Lantern books, with the Lanterns facing off against the Highfather and the New Gods. Other than the New Gods not getting a whole lot of face time, the story works pretty well. Some good action scenes, some very impressive concepts (and a novel use of a rather silly villain), and some good art raise the stakes and make for an enjoyable story. The final collected issue takes a sharp turn from that, though, heading the book off in a completely ...more
Dalana Dailey
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
David Livingston III
A little hard to follow unless you read all the other tie-ins. The new lantern creative teams are not very good at organizing their crossovers when compared to the old ones. I did enjoy most of it though I hate how Venditti has been forcing Simon Baz to the sidelines since he took over. Baz was the old creative teams' last new Green Lantern of Earth and I think he needs a larger role. He appeared for two panels in the weak finale and I don't think that is enough. Overall I think this is an okay ...more
Chad
May 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
The first half of the book are the Green Lantern issues of the Godhead crossover with the other Lantern books. You're best off reading that graphic novel instead. The last half of the book deals with the issue that the Lanterns have lost the trust of citizens throughout the universe. At this point, Hal gets this dumb idea to take the blame for every bad thing the Lanterns have done over the last several years. I'm not a big fan of Vendetti's writing.
Anchorpete
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
When did Geoff Johns take over Green Lantern? 2005? So, I have been following the book for over 11 years now. Since Venditti has taken over, the book has dropped in quality. It has only gotten back on track, after this War with the New Gods has ended. This trade really demonstrates why the book was so weak during this time-- there is almost no focus on character and almost total focus on plot.
Adan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of this book I already read as part of the New Gods crossover (which as I've said before, was excellent), and the remaining two issues were used to set up the new status quo of Hal Jordan as the Corps' Most Wanted, which didn't make a lot of sense, but Barry Allen spanking Guy Gardner at pool was pretty fun.
Daniel Sepúlveda
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Acaba Green Lantern Pre-convergence y Hal se convierte, una vez más en un criminal, solo que esta vez lo hace para limpiar el nombre del Corps.

Mi puntaje es de 3,5 y a diferencia de New Guardians, este puntaje si lo aproximo a 4,0.

Daniel Butcher
Jul 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-52
Another incomplete story since DC insists on crossing over every Lantern book as often as possible.

At least this version had recaps that allowed you to catch up.

I really feel like the post Johns volumes of Lantern books attempt to undo a lot of what Johns setup.
AGraphicMaduck
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
liked the art and could follow the story for the most part (wasn't familiar with the cross overs, etc.)...enjoyable
James
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comicbooks, dc-marvel
Good book but I'm not sure where it's going to go from here.
Dan
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Unreadable without digging up the crossover issues of the other Lantern Corps' series'...
Benjamin
  • Aquaman, Volume 6: Maelstrom
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians, Volume 4: Gods and Monsters
  • Red Lanterns, Volume 3: The Second Prophecy
  • Batman: Detective Comics, Volume 6: Icarus
  • Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.
  • Superboy, Vol. 3: Lost
  • Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War
  • Superman: Action Comics, Volume 5: What Lies Beneath
  • Birds of Prey, Volume 5: Soul Crisis
Robert Venditti is a New York Times best-selling author whose characters and concepts have been adapted to film and television. He has written the monthly comic book series X-O Manowar and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior for Valiant Entertainment, Green Lantern and the The Flash for DC Comics, and the children’s novel series Miles Taylor and the Golden Cape for Simon & Schuster. He currently writ ...more

Green Lantern (2011) (8 books)
  • Green Lantern, Volume 1: Sinestro