Start by marking “FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, Vol. 3: Audeamus” as Want to Read:
FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, Vol. 3: Audeamus

FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, Vol. 3: Audeamus

(FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics #3)

“Protecting mankind from the impossible.” In theory, that’s the reason people become agents of the Federal Bureau of Physics. But if the breakdown of the laws that govern the universe has shown the world anything, it’s that theory and reality are two very different things.

For Cicero Deluca, the FBP was a way to escape a life of bullying for a virtual kingdom of the nerds.
Published May 26th 2015 by Vertigo (first published May 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about FBP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FBP

Joseph
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a quirky series where the laws of physics are in disarray. A federal bureau of physics has agents tasked with dealing with all the physics anomalies that occur. Unfortunately, something is really wrong and the world is hurtling toward the end of all things. It's up to Agent Hardy and company to deal with this and figure out how to save the world.

Simon Oliver delivers a very talky script, but I like it. He muses on a lot of things dealing with physics and even metaphysics. It's really fas
Caitlin
In volume 3, the universe is running out of dark matter as the rate of events like quantum tornadoes accelerates and we're given some back story on Cicero. Adam, Rosa and Cicero team up with the last person they'd expect in an effort to prevent the world from unraveling.

And here's where this series just starts falling apart. First we lose the artistic team of Rodriguez and Renzi that made the visuals so great in the first two volumes. Then the story starts devolving into this save the world mec
Reading Bifrost
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Well, like I say, I’m only a kid, but I’d probably do what they told us in kindergarten… make nice, play fair, always wash your hands… and do whatever I had to do to save the world.”

In the past comics, Cicero Deluca is almost completely overlooked as a character. In this volume, however, we are given an inside scoop of his relationship with Adam’s father and just why Cicero decided to join FBP in the first place. I do have to say after reading this volume I have a new found respect for the ch
Cathy
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I still enjoy the series, it's just hard not to compare it to something like Revival and how packed with character development and story it is. Though Revival is a tough standard to meet, I do wish this series had more content. It felt like not very much actually happened here, which is a shame because there are so many interesting ideas percolating through this series. I loved the new characters, brilliant little Ina and her cool mom, who never got a name other than Mommy. But a huge part of th ...more
Elizabeth A
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, graphix
You can read my review for this entire series here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Michael
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
best volume yet, I think
Ross Alon
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was weird, cared a little about the characters. The smart kid and the agents boss were nice
Monique
Jan 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
So much for hoping FBP would improve in its last two volumes. My first indication that things were going to be a mess was the introduction of a new illustrator. Not necessarily a sign that something happened to the series, it does strike me as odd when one of the series creators seems to have up and left.

Alberto Ponticelli takes over for Rodriguez, and despite his inability to draw children, does a great job making the series clear and visually easy to follow. Michael Wiggam joins Renzi as colo
Cale
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sincerely, thank you for dumbing this down a bit for us. The last volume was trippy to the point of mind-blowing, and I will admit I got a bit lost. This volume is much more straightforward, with a nice flashback for Cicero that makes a great introduction to the world, and then travels into the major story arc, all the while showing several examples of the Physics disasters that are the fundamental challenge of the world. Action and explanation balance much better here, and the story moves forwa ...more
Rachel
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The beginning has some backstory about Cicero, which is interesting, before going into Hardy getting his dad's notebook and quantum tornadoes popping up like an apocalyptic SyFy original movie. It's pretty fun, especially for a physics nerd. They go into actual science.
I have to admit that when my boyfriend asked me how it was as I closed the book, I replied, "The main character isn't as sexy as in the previous ones." I put my foot in my mouth, but there is much less romance and no fooling aroun
Alex
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I feel like the writing sort of fell off a cliff in this volume. Not only were there a some grammatical errors (seriously, couldn't this have been double-checked for the TPB even if the comics had errors?), most of the storylines were highly cliche and/or bland. The characters joking about how cliche the things happening to them were didn't really help. I had initially enjoyed this series, but after this volume I'm not sure I'll bother picking up another. Some fun art and colors, but disappointi ...more
Marten Peters
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it
The storytelling improved, it got less fuzzy and there are fewer plot holes. Sadly enough, some characters are robbed of their significance (was rosa even in the book?).
The art however is a huge disappointment. while I am not sure whether the art actually helps making this comic more comprehensible, the sheer beauty and wickedness of the previous volumes just doesnt exist in ponticellis artwork. also, almost every character got significantly whiter, which is also immensely disapointing.
Joe
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
While the second installment wasn't bad, it did at times feel like an extended detour. This third volume confirms that it wasn't, but it also feel more relevant to the larger series narrative as things really escalate quickly. It seems clear that Oliver has lofty goals for FBP and this volume not only entertains, but lays a lot of the foundation and anticipation for what comes next.
Alison
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Then it's off to the Giant Underground Bunker of Conspiracy-Land, where we find out that the rules of morality are pretty much in the same place as the rules of physics in this alternate world, and I'm pretty sure I'm not okay with that.
read more...
Chad
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't care for Alberto Pontichelli's art that much but the story is still great. Simon Oliver has come up with a pretty great premise. The laws of physics are failing throughout the world and the FBP is the government agency that deals with it.
Rachael
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one was my favorite volume of this series I have read so far. I didn't want to put it down. I love the art in this series; especially the use of colors.
Renee
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic
Not the most exciting volume, too much backstory setup?? Shrug.
JennRoxx
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is getting good...
Skye Kilaen
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-graphic-novels
My spoiler-free fangirling about this excellent series is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Paul
Apr 17, 2016
Christine
Jul 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics (4 books)
  • FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, Vol. 1: The Paradigm Shift